Cuffs - 40

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! How's our weekend? KryBerLun spotted at Manager Ho Joon oppas wedding hours ago. Still hoping for a selca huhu T-T...

I feel better now thanks for the GWS messages guys. :D

Here's a not so lengthy chapter for all of you posting it early so we can all rest early tonight.

Thank you to all oour subscribers and upvoters, all KryBer lovers out there and fellow MeUs, please continue on spreading the hashtag for the 8th Anniversary of our girls fx. :D

Love you guys! <3

Peace Yow!

-----------

 

 

 

“Jjinja?! Yuri unnie and Sooyeon unnie are getting married?!” Amber asked me obviously surprised on what I told her. We were inside the private visiting room again sitting side by side while I feed her with the bread Chef Krystal taught me to make.

 

And…. we’re not alone hehehe….

 

Baba is with us so no chance of repeating what happened last week. The Llama is behaving like a good llama today and contented on holding my hands and touching my face.

 

“Yup, your sister proposed 2 nights ago and even asked me to film her proposal. It was just inside Sooyeon unnie’s room but its sincere and sweet too..” I smiled at her as I wipe the side of with a tissue. Eomma and Baba was so engrossed with their chatting that I, took a glance from where they are sitting before I snatched a quick kiss on Amber’s nose.

 

“You really have to check first if they are looking, huh?”

 

“Of course… I don’t want to be embarrass in front of Baba..” she gave me her handsome smile that always makes my heart warm before planting a lingering kiss on my lips.

 

We never really can’t get enough of each other.

 

“I miss you Soojung… Puppy and Ssul were always ganging up on me when I sit in our corner and read your book…”

 

“They are always ganging up on you, remember? You know them, Puppy and Ssul are just making you smile so you won’t be lonely.” I miss her so much too… every night when I go to sleep I pray to the Heavens that her sentence can be shortened.

 

“I love your photo that you gave me… can you print a lot of photos and give it to me? So I can stare at it all the time.”

 

“Silly! You have a lot of things under your sleeves here in the facility. Don’t waste your time staring at my photo Amber!”

 

She pouted at me like a cute puppy and bit my fingers that was holding the piece of bread. Amber was like a poor little puppy asking to play… “Aigoooo~~~ you wanna play?!” I flicked the tip of her nose and snorted at her “Stupid… Your family is here and all you want is to play with me.”

 

I still can’t believe that we did it here last week. Because of too much longing and passion for each other we weren’t able to stop ourselves and had a ‘quick play’.

 

We resumed eating and just playing around, pinching cheeks, I pinched the cheeks of her small when she stood up to stretch hihihi…  

 

Also with us is Eomma because Baba asked for her presence too regarding the filing for the request of her early parole. I wish Eomma will say yes about this… I know she already made up her mind in spending her whole life inside the facility but there’s still hope.

 

She still has a chance to live her life anew…

 

I asked Dad about the possibility of filing her request of parole earlier than the recommended 10 years. He said he already talked with Director Kwon and has checked Eomma’s records, she doesn’t have any offense for the last 6 years she was inside. Her record is clean and she helps in the rehabilitation of the other inmates by offering her services when it comes to psychological needs. I’m one of her success stories and a whole lot inmates inside this facility.

 

For Amber, Dad said he’s already checking with the parole board if they can make a bargaining agreement. Once Amber has completed her two years of sentence, Dad will asked them if the remaining 3 years can be converted into 3 years of community service and counseling plus maybe the Court will ask for them to pay a bond. If those celebrities and rich people can get away with just a slap on their wrist with a whole lot bigger drug case, why not Amber? Detective Kim said the raiding team only found a pack with 10 sticks of inside her unit.

 

Amber was just really too honest that she pleaded guilty immediately, add to it that she was brokenhearted when it happened because of her ex-girlfriend’s betrayal to her. Henry said Amber’s disposition that time was really bad that it lead her to admit everything even if its only 10 sticks. But whether its just a stick or two, is still prohibited in Korea.

 

Henry said what bothered him was the night before Amber’s apartment was raided, he said the two of them already sold the remaining sticks that Amber made before she caught that Shannon with the other guy on her bed days before. He was sure there wasn’t any sticks left because Amber even declined the manager of a celebrity when it called Amber over the phone if she still has any. That my girlfriend hasn’t rolled any sticks because she forgot to dry the leaves and process it, too busy collecting her ex-girlfriends trash inside her apartment and burning it.

 

Is it rude to think that maybe that girl framed Amber up?

 

I remembered what Henry told me yesterday when we were at the set of a drama overseeing the Food Truck that an actress sent to his friend. We were taking a break because the crew are still filming and I already got tired of watching them.

 

Flashback

 

“Soojung, I’ve never said this before because I thought its irrelevant or not helpful. But… I think Amber was framed.”

 

I tapped my fingers on the counter while thinking about what Henry said. He was drinking his slushy while leaning his back at the door frame of the truck. I sighed and brushed my hair back with my fingers before answering him.

 

“But who will do that to her? Does she have any competitors before that wants her to fall in disgrace so that they can run their business solo? I heard from Amber that she’s quite the most hunted dealer in Itaewon before… proud of that Llama tsk tsk tsk…” I snorted while smiling on the memory of Amber boasting about her status in Itaewon before. I gave her playful punch in the stomach after saying it.   

 

Henry was laughing while shaking his head at his best friend’s memory. “There are a lot of dealers in that area but they have a good relationship with Amber when it comes to that business. Besides, all of them are just small time Amber included. Sometimes they share tips to each other! So no, I think its not about rivalry.”

 

I sighed again and remembered Amber’s ex-girlfriend. That girl named Shannon…

 

Could it be? Well… she’s the one who cheated… and she’s jealous on Amber being busy with her business before.

 

“Henry…” I held a thinking pose before continuing “..is it bad to think that maybe that girl set her up?”

 

He stared at me intently then nodded slowly “Actually… that’s what I have been thinking about ever since. I just don’t have the heart to tell it because I don’t have a basis. And that best friend of mine already pleaded guilty in Court! She’s under oath Soojung..”

 

I stared at the filming set crews all scrambling to their places, busy doing their work.

 

Maybe if I meet that Shannon… I should ask her personally.

 

But where the hell will I meet her?

 

Henry said the girl suddenly disappeared or just doesn’t want to be seen.

 

End of Flashback

 

Looking at Amber eating heartily, I can’t help but be excited about what Dad said. If she will just continue on being a good girl inside maybe Baba and Dad can do something about it. It sounds good for me and for all of the people who loves her.

 

Same as for our other 2 friends, Puppy and Ssul. Since Puppy will be completing 5 out of her 10 years and has a good record too, Dad and Yuri unnie also took interest in her case and found some loopholes on it. They will be bringing it to Court too and maybe see if they can get Puppy out too.

 

For Ssul, she still has 2 years to go. She said she can wait for that 2 years to end because she’s in good company with Eomma and Amber. “It won’t be long..” she told me when I visited her the other day.

 

Ssul’s mother visited her last week and brought the news that her step father has succumbed to his Prostate Cancer. She said her Mom still sees her as the culprit, the reason why her step Father got ill. Her Mother even reminded her that she won’t be welcome in their house once Ssul gets out of prison. I told her that its not a problem…

 

Because the moment she steps out of this prison, she will be living with us. I decided to take her in because she’s not just my friend, she’s family.

 

 

Amber flicked my forehead to get my attention when she noticed me staring at her like a kid gawking at bread inside a bakeshop. Awww!

 

“Yah! What was that?!~~” I said pouting at her while rubbing the part of my forehead she flicked. She laugh at my pouting and planted a kiss on my forehead making me smile.

 

“Mianhe… you were spacing out. You’re looking at me like you’re going to eat me. We can’t…” she whispered the last two words and winked at me mischievously earning a slap on her arm. Tsk tsk tsk… the Llama strikes again.

 

I’m relieved Baba and Eomma were talking at the other table and not with us because if they hear what Amber said, I’m going to dig a hole where I am sitting now.

 

She offered me Kimbap that I graciously accepted when she pops it on my mouth then placed a quick peck after. Really Amber, REALLY!? In front of your Father!

 

The way she smiles at me makes my heart glad. She’s having some pimple break outs again on her forehead. I reminded myself to bring some pimple popper and some cream when I visit her again. Her hair is all black now just the way I like it but getting a bit longer. Maybe I’ll bring a razor too… is that even permitted?!

 

Should I ask her about her case? About what Henry said?

 

What if she gets mad at me?

 

Maybe I should talk to that girl first before I tell Amber about it. Ask that girl if its true…

 

My hand was her hair while she eats her salad greens when I remembered the form for the Change of Surname I left for her to sign. “Baby… how about the form? What’s your decision?”

 

She took a forkful of lettuce with Tteukbokki shoving it to then chewed it like a Llama while looking at me. I burst out giggling and reached for her face to wipe the sauce at her chin. Such a kid really.

 

“Hehe… about that. I’ve already decided Soojung-ah…”

 

“So… what is it?”

 

She took the envelop beside her and gave it to me. I raised my eyebrow at her smiling and wondering why she is giving it. I took out the forms, the Chinese and Hangul one and took a quick scanning.

 

Right there at the bottom right part of the document is her signature. “That’s why I asked you to bring my Dojang baby, I need to stamp that. Would you stamp it for me, please?” she grinned at me and sipped her milk tea.

 

“Oh my God….” she smiled at me and kissed my forehead before looking back at me.

 

“You love saying that ‘Oh My God’ you know?”

 

“Don’t you love hearing me say ‘Oh My God’?” I raised my eyebrow on her, giving her a y smirk. She lean on my ears and whispered her breath tickling me.

 

“I love it… especially when you moan it…”

 

“Stupid…” hahaha… STOP IT.

 

We grinned at each other knowing that our minds has the same thought. She pinched my nose earning a slap from me on her arms while laughing.

 

She has decided… Amber will take the Zhang surname and let go of the Liu name. We looked at each other and I saw how she looks so tenderly at me while caressing my cheeks. I know she has a valid and good enough reason for deciding to do it.

 

I took her Dojang inside my bag and showed it to her smiling. Yuri unnie was keeping it for her when she entered the facility. When we got home that day when I was freed, Yuri unnie gave me a small box full of Amber's personal belongings saying that I’m the one who should take care of it from then on for Amber.

 

“I’ll do it now?” I asked her while taking off the cover. She nodded at me and held my hand with the Dojang and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter