Cuffs - 8

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Dropping another update for today coming from my donut and coffee infused mind with a big amount of KryBer craziness today. 

I'll see you all tomorrow! 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvotes! 

Note: The case mentioned on this chapter is a true case in Korea. For more info, please click the word later and it will direct you in the link of an article.

Peace yow! ✌

-----------

 

“Sooyeon-ssi... Did you hear me?” I suddenly snapped out of my trance when Atty. Kwon waved her hand in front of me.


What can I do?


She look so...pretty...today.


What’s happening to you Sooyeon?!


“Ah... What did you say again?” I consciously fixed my hair, too shy to meet her gaze.


When I looked up, she was busy checking the documents in front of her and scribbling on her notebook.


Damn... She didn’t even notice what I’m wearing today.


Sigh...


“So what I was saying Sooyeon-ssi...”


“Just call me Sooyeon, Atty. Kwon..”


“Then just call me Yuri, Sooyeon..” she winked at me and gave me a smile that I swear, if I’m standing now you’ll gonna see my underwear dropping all the way to my ankle like it has a mind of its own.


I’m not gay... I’m not gay... I’m not gay...


Hold on to yourself Sooyeon...


“O-okay.. Yuri.” control yourself “What were you saying?” serious mode ON.


She slid a document in the table for me to see “These are the copies of the testimonies submitted by the lawyer of Oh Sehun, Atty. Kim Jungkook. If you will notice, all of it are like given by persons who are living a clean life and straight mind, all of it in chronological order.” she took her red marker and encircled one particular name.


“Byun Baekhyun, the son of Byun Electronics. Based on the information I gathered, this kid has been using drugs since he was 13 years old. Went to rehab thrice, took lots of kinds of illegal substance. Using drugs is like cooking your brain... A drug abuser won’t have the mind to give information in such chronological order with matching time and date. You know what I mean...” she took a sip of her coffee and looked at me.


I read Byun Baekhyun’s statement and Yuri was right. His statement was written so well like a novel that will move you to tears. Even the time is indicated and the place where they are, the liquor they are drinking. It’s seriously fabricated.


“I don’t know if the writer they paid to make this statements are from MBC, KBS, or tvN. Obviously, whatever written here is not the way drug abusers think.” she scribbled on the paper in front of her and looked at me “Drug addicts are in a way, like they are possessed. Their brains cannot make rational decisions, or function the way it needs to when it is constantly supplied with poison, toxins, and malnutrition too.”


She circled another name and undersigned a statement “Park Chanyeol, son of Park Corporation who owns a large chain of hotels and casinos in and out of the country. This kid has been arrested before for possession of illegal firearms and illegal substance, mind you, when he was 15 years old. He only got a slap in the wrist and the court made him pay 10 million Won as bond.”


I read Park Chanyeol’s statement and it says, “Oh Sehun is an honorable friend. He wouldn’t do something inappropriate to a woman because he respects them.” my blood boiled upon reading it. My fist clenched tightly making me want to turn throw the table at the wall.


HONORABLE.


RESPECT.


YOU.


“I know, I felt sick too reading that. Considering that a crackhead like Park Chanyeol who supplies the finest drugs from Las Vegas and Ibiza to his friends said that about his friend Oh Sehun like the latter is a saint.” she gave me a printed online blog with a photo of a guy.


“What’s this?”


“That’s a blog article of a university student 2 years ago. It says there that she attended a birthday party at some bar in Cheongdamdong and met this guy who introduced his self as Park Chanyeol, the son of Park Corporation. He uses his social status to brag and get girls, then invites them for a drink.”


I read the article and I felt pity for the student narrating how Park Chanyeol swept her off her feet that night then buying drinks for their group. He appeared to be ‘very gentlemanly and sweet, like a sweet normal guy with good looks and came from a good family with connections'. He appeared to be like a ‘perfect boyfriend material’ in front of her. She and her friends sat with Park Chanyeol’s group and the drinks kept coming especially the champagne that the guy kept giving her.

 

Somehow she got drunk and felt an immense urge inside her, she felt hot inside and very weak like her mind won’t listen to her and passed out. She woke up from her sleep still groggy and her visual still blurry and her body is like being rocked.

 

When her vision became clear, she was surprised and shocked to wake up inside an unfamiliar room with a guy whom he recognized as one of Park Chanyeol's friends using her body for his pleasure. She can’t move her body, her arms, her legs. That’s when she realized that she was tied in the bed, spread eagle and bare . She heard loud cheers and howls of laughter around the room, when she tried to raise her neck, she saw Park Chanyeol and his friends drinking and snorting drugs and all .

 

She was gang by the whole group, and was kept inside that hotel room that Park Chanyeol’s family owns... for a week. She suffered all kinds of abuse that you can think of, then they left her in a dark road in Daegu one night when they got tired of her. She suffered psychological and physical trauma because of the ordeal she had.


“Oh God...” I covered my mouth trying not to gag when I saw the photo of the victim. She was so thin when she was found by her parents in the police station at Daegu.


“They made her a slave... And she’s lucky she was still alive. Countries worldwide has different approach in handling cases. That girl who wrote that blog, took her own life after publishing that article in her blog site.” my eyes went wide upon hearing it.


“W-what did you say?! You mean this girl is already dead? Didn’t her family filed a case against those boys?!” rage now building in my chest.


Yuri took a deep breath and sighed. She shook her head with a sad expression “The family of the girl was paid to keep quiet and not to file any case against the sons of these chaebol companies. This copy of her blog was printed before hackers deleted it on the net forever. That was why my friend Detective Kim had a hard time pushing the case to the prosecutors because the only evidence that their investigating team have was gone in a second. That’s how powerful these boys are...”


Are they even human?! They treat girls like an object to fill their needs and they walk away with just a slap in their wrist or by paying bonds. They throw money all around like it comes out in a faucet.


Life was taken because of what they did.


Soojung is still lucky... Forgive me for saying that. But if my sister experienced what that girl had, I don’t know what to do anymore.


“ cases in our country and how it’s being given importance by the law is really hopeless. The justice system is like a joke, the demand of closure for the victims and larger penalty for the perpetrators isn’t met. Remember ‘Miryang Gang case’? Only few of those juvenile delinquents were given sentence and what’s more disgusting here is, the parents of the suspects even had the nerve to threaten the victims and their families not to file cases because it will cause them their life. The victims were even treated poorly by the family of the perpetrators and the police.”


She clasped her hand in the table and looked at me with a serious expression, her gaze challenging “Now I’m asking you Jung Sooyeon, are you going to be with me on this case until we get the justice your sister deserves? Because if you’re not going to hold on until the end, then we’re just wasting our time here. ” I met her challenging gaze and I can see how passionate she is on her vocation.


I nodded my head accepting her challenge “I do.”


She suddenly smiled at me making me blush “You sounded like you’re saying yes to be my girlfriend...” she grinned at me then took a sip of her coffee.


“Yah!” How dare you! Don't say that I might believe you!


“Just kidding! Hahaha! You probably have a boyfriend..”she whispered the last line so low that i barely hear it.


“I... I don’t have a b-boyfriend..” Why am i saying this?! Get a hold of yourself Jung Sooyeon!


She stared at me with wonder in her eyes and smiled “T-then that’s great! Because I.. Uhh... I don’t want nosy b-boyfriends around the cases I handle.” she was nodding her head while muttering “Yeah..” and drank her coffee straight.


What are you Atty. Kwon Yuri?


Why are you making me confuse!


I can feel my cheeks heating up. Damn... What’s happening to you?


“Ummm... Yuri.. I’ll just go to the bathroom..” I didn’t wait for her response and stood up walking away from the pretty lawyer who makes me confuse.

 



I went inside the bathroom and luckily no one was inside. Splashing cold water in my face repeatedly, I stared at the mirror and repeated my mantra ever since I met the lawyer.


“I’m not gay... I’m not gay... I’m not gay...”


“You’re just admiring her style... How she carries herself with confidence... The way she talk... The way she smiles... The way her lips curve int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter