Cuffs - 29

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! Here's our update for today.

Do you believe in second chances? 


Because I do...


How about you? ^_^


Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters. I hope you are enjoying this story.


Peace yow! 
 



-------------- 
 
 
After watching Park Chanyeol be arrested by the police, Detective Gong assisted me and Dad on the way to the interrogation room where Oh Sehun was being kept. When we entered the observation room, we saw him at the other part of the two-way mirror beside his lawyer Kim Jungkook while he is being interrogated by a detective.


 
“He just came in on the unit 5 minutes before we entered it and declared a raid. We saw him seating at a corner drinking beer just watching his surroundings. The detective has already started the questioning 30 minutes ago but until now he hasn’t gotten any information from him.”


 
I studied Oh Sehun’s face and how he is carrying his self. The arrogant behavior was gone, what he has now is a quiet and dark demeanor. He was just staring on the wall while the detective is asking him.


 
“Mr. Oh, I’m going to repeat my question. Do you have any involvement with the murder of Moon Chae Il and the of the other girls that was shown on the videos?”


 
The side of his mouth formed into a smirk then he let out a sigh. “How many times will I have to tell you Detective, I am not answering your question.”  


 
“My client has the right to not answer your questions Detective. We will file a complaint for illegally arresting my client without probable cause.” his lawyer said arrogantly while smoking inside the room.


 
The detective showed a photo to them and spoke “We have been doing surveillance on your group Mr. Oh, the drug raid we did on Park Chanyeol’s house is legal. Since you are seen inside that room together with the evidences and the suspect, you are included now.”


 
“This is crazy… you don’t even have a proof. You are just wasting your time Detective… I’ll be out here before the day ends.” he laughed like a devil and patted his bandaged chest.


 
“For a rich guy like you Mr. Oh, it seems like having a lot of money doesn’t mean complete healing. What happened there? In your chest?” the detective snickered at him and crossed his arms.


 
That’s the price of his evil deed.


 
Soojung’s scar on him that he will carry around until he dies.


 
Like a scarlet letter that is imprinted on him forever.


 
Oh Sehun’s jaw tightened but he did not answer. His lawyer fixed his own tie and answered for his client.


 
“The wound is inflicted on him almost a year ago because of an attempted robbery. Mr. Oh is healing now but the psychological effect that the culprit did to him is still giving him stress. So please do not make him relive the scene again on his mind.”


 
I snorted on what Atty. Kim said, annoyed on his reason. Really?! Psychological effect!?


 
So what do they call what happened to Soojung then?


 
Temporary madness?!


 
My client was stressed too! She even tried to end her life!


 
I need a breather… I think I need to eat, I’m starving. The bread we ate at the facility with Soojung and Amber was already digested on my stomach easily. But it was tasty, the bread she made. Soojung was so proud of it I’m cringing on their sweetness.


 
Soojung has been civil to me since her birthday. We only talk about her case and when I will open a topic about her sister, she always raise her brow on me looking so cold.


 
I take it as a statement saying “I don’t need your ing opinion cheater.”


 
Sigh.


 
There’s this dull pain throbbing in the center of my skull and I feel like vomiting even though I didn’t eat anything after that bread. Am I having a food poisoning with late reaction?! I’ll strangle that llama if that happens! I have a trial to prepare on the next three days and being sick is not an option!


 
Taking another mint candy on my pocket, I unwrapped it and popped into my mouth to relieve the light headedness I’m feeling and headache. I really need food now!


 
It was already 3:00 in the afternoon when I took a glance on the wall clock inside the room. I patted Dad to get his attention.


 
“Dad, can we go now? I’m starving… I don’t feel well at all now… I’m so hungry!”


 
“You ate like a pig earlier at the facility! You ate all the bread your sister made!”


 
“Duh… I was hungry…” I pouted at him scratching my eyebrow. He draped his arm around my shoulders and led me outside. We said goodbye to Detective Kim and she promised to be present on the trial date.


 
We went to the Italian restaurant where we ate before and met the twins again. I ate so much that Dad was gawking at me watching me scoop clean the sauce on the pasta bowl with a piece of garlic bread.


 
“Hold on Yuri, you look like you haven’t eaten for a week! You just finished devouring a whole bowl of Bolognese, downed 3 long slices of Garlic bread, 5 slices of that Margherita pizza…” one of the twins, Joey, appeared and served my dessert. “Seriously!?”


 
“Thanks Joey~…” I thanked him and he grinned handsomely at me, his smile like Amber’s smile. Gah… Kyeopta! He served my coffee and bowed at us before going back to the kitchen.


 
“Yuri… are you listening to me?” Dad waved his hand in front of my face while I scooped the Tiramisu on its glass. I grinned at Dad while chewing the food and spoke after swallowing.


 
“I heard you Dad… and I eat everyday! Its just that my metabolism is active that I burn it all easily. I go to the gym… but the last time I went there was when we got back from China. After that I became busy that I haven’t visited it.” he crossed his arms on me while giving me the stare down.


 
“Well from the looks of it, you need to go back to the gym. You’re looking…. healthy.” I raised my eyebrow on Dad, not really believing what he said.


 
I may have skipped one or two weeks of working out but its impossible that I gain weight.


 
That’s impossible.


 
“Look at your chin…” she placed his hand under my chin and pinched it.


 
“Aww! Dad!”


 
“Your double chin is showing… aisssh!”


 
“I don’t have a double chin…” I rolled my eyes on Dad, eating the Tiramisu while frowning. He just laughed at my expression and watched me finish the glass of dessert.


 
Dad discussed with me Amber’s request of talking with Mom tomorrow. He said I can contact Bao Lian later and tell Mr. Zhang about the permission he was asking, conducting the DNA test.


 
I’m the bridge, Dad’s bridge. While Mr. Zhang’s bridge is Bao Lian. So whatever message they want to send to each other, we have to get in touch first with the third person.


 
In short, I have to call Bao Lian about it.


 
What unlucky fate do I have in this world that I’m always reminded of my mistake?


 
“O-okay Dad, I will call him later.”


 
Sigh.


 
Your stupidity Yuri, accept it.

 

 


 
I remembered the day Sooyeon and I finally had the talk I’ve been asking her.
 
 
Flashback


 
Sooyeon and I had a talk after Soojung’s birthday, we decided to do it inside their house. We were silent for a while, sitting at their dining table face to face with a mug each of coffee in our hands. No one was talking, but I can feel the heavy atmosphere in the air.


 
I know… its possible that she won’t forgive me. Even though how many times I tell her that I am sorry, even though how many times I kneel in front of her or kill myself, she won’t forgive me. I had my head down that day, ashamed of looking at her


 
She was the one who broke the silence by clearing . I didn’t look up… because the moment I lift my face its her eyes I will see. Her eyes that is full of coldness and hurt, the very eyes I love staring at before when Bao Lian and Shanghai was still not happening.


 
“What do you want to talk about Attorney Kwon?” her voice was so cold, the way she calls me formally crushing my heart.


 
“Sooyeon… please, listen to me. I know I ed up… I lost your trust. But please don’t leave me…” I pleaded at her that day. When I lifted my face to look at her, my guess was true.


 
She was staring coldly at me like I’m the most stupid person on Earth.


 
She shook her head and turned her gaze on the other side. “Don’t leave me…. hahaha… really Yuri!? Don’t leave me?! huh!”


 
“I love you Sooyeon…” a tear rolled on my cheeks when I said it. My emotions are on a jumble ever since it happened. I can’t sleep at night, my mind was always in a reel. Regret eating me out.


 
“Yuri… don’t make it hard for me and you. How can I believe what you are saying right now when you… you lied to me.” her voice was breaking but I know she’s keeping her composure.


 
I looked at her hand resting on the table and stared at it. I slid my hand on the table and took her hand squeezing it. Her hand was warm and trembling, but her heart is cold.   


 
“Sooyeon I don’t deserve a second chance… I admit. But please… don’t leave me. What happened was a mistake, a mistake I regret fully. A mistake that should not have happened…. you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter