Cuffs - 18

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! How are you all doing? Here's our update for today! 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvotes. 

Peace yow! ✌

----------

 

 

 

"Prisoner # 0918, you have a visitor.."


I turned my head to the steel door where Officer Kim was looking while opening the lock. Soojung was having a nap beside Ssul, Puppy was on her duty at the laundry and Eomma just got back from a visit too.


Maybe it's Yuri unnie visiting again...


I made a quick peck on Soojung's forehead before I stood up and said my goodbye to Eomma. Before I went out, Eomma called me and gave me a mind boggling quote.

 

"Amber...open your heart."

 

Officer Kim escorted me going to the visitors room with that quote lingering on my mind. What does she mean by that.....😶


Unusual for unnie... Whenever she visits alone we meet on the visitors area with the glass separating us. The only time we used a visitors room was on my birthday.


Did something happened? Or maybe she's not alone.


Maybe Dad's with her...


I chuckled on the thought.


Why would Dad visit me?


To tell it straight to my face how a disappointment I am to our family?


Or maybe he wants me to sign a document renouncing the Liu surname and to take the Kwon too like unnie.


Well unnie has a valid reason to take Mom's surname, since she's going to get married anyways... If she will hehehe...


I wonder if she already told Dad and Mom about her relationship with Sooyeon unnie. Probably she haven't, I know Yuri unnie. She wouldn't do something that will further hurt our Father.


If she will get a beard to hide her uality, why not go back to Siwon hyung. They were a good pair back then and surely he wouldn't notice anything.


That is, if Siwon hyung is straight. Because he gives me the vibes that says Biual. If he is, then much better.


But still, I want unnie to be happy. I hope she gets the courage to tell our parents about her true uality. I bet Dad will forgive her... She's his precious daughter who followed his steps and became one of the most talented lawyers in his firm.


And I, Amber Josephine Liu, is his prodigal, black sheep, good for nothing daughter.


Hahaha.... I don't even know if I'm still his daughter.


The moment I entered the room, unnie greeted me with a big smile on her face and a tight hug.


"Hey Yiyun! How are you? How's Soojung?" She broke the hug and cupped my face like a kid "Your hair is black now... you need to get it colored."


"Unnie... why do you always treat me like a kid?! I'm not a kid anymore! And it's Amber for God sakes!" I smiled at her and gave her a hug too. "Soojung is having a nap when the officer called me."


My eyes landed on a middle age man with his back facing us. He was standing near the window looking at the bleak scenery outside.


Even from afar, I know who owns that back. That posture and presence.


Dad.


I shared a look with unnie and she motioned me to greet our Father.


Should I still call him Dad or Atty. Jerry Liu Han Geng?


Without much choice, I obliged and went near the man whom I called father since I was born.


"G-good afternoon, Atty. L-liu..." I bowed 90 degrees waiting for his acknowledgment, not even looking at his face when he turned around to face me. All I can see is my white sneakers and his brown alligator shoes.


He was silent that's why my sweat is rolling in buckets.


Silence. It was a good friend of mine whenever Dad and I are together in one room back then.


He cleared his throat and spoke to unnie. "Sit down..."


Wait... Is it me whom he is talking to?!


I looked up and came face to face with the man I consider as my father. His gaze was the same stoic expression he always have.


"Sit down Amber..." He gave me a slight nod and he sat on the chair opposite of Yuri unnie. I followed his orders like I always do even before he vanished me and sat beside my sister.


I can't look at him in the eye. I don't want to see the disappointment in there... Keeping my head down, I clenched my hands on my pants waiting on father's tirade of sermon.


"How are you?"


Is he really asking me about my welfare?! This is new...


Yuri unnie nudges my shoulder urging me to answer. It was always like this, Yuri unnie giving me support whenever Dad will talk to me.


"I-i'm fine S-sir..."


"Are you eating regularly? You look skinny... Is your girlfriend taking care of you?"


"Yes S-sir she is..." Wait... What?! I looked up to him, surprised that he knew about Soojung. Did unnie told her about it?! As if he's reading my mind, he answered the question in my head.


"Your unnie told me about your girlfriend..." I was staring at Dad waiting for a disgusted face from him but what I received was a smile.


A kind smile.


For the first time in my life, I saw him smile at me like that.


Something he doesn't do to me before.


It was always a cold face, furrowed brows, a scowl, a disappointed face, and the last time was disgust.


I closed and opened my eyes and Dad was still there in front of me with a kind smile on his face, ready to listen.


"Oh... She did." I turned to Unnie and she was just watching us.


"How have you been Yiyun?"


How will I answer Dad's question?


Tell him that I ed up because he vanished me or tell him I'm fine and happy now with my new found life inside?


I chose to answer him with the second one and just keep the first one inside my heart. I can never say that to Dad... I'm still at fault on the life I chose.


"I-i've been good sir... They are all nice here and they take care of us."


"How's your eyes? I see that you're wearing glasses again..."


"I had my episodes of headaches again..."


"I know, your Yuri unnie told me. That's why I told her to also request a CT scan. Thank goodness it's not what we are afraid of." I sighed and looked down.


Is this really Dad talking to me with concern? Or an alien who came down from his spaceship and had a shape shifting anomaly?


The CT scan was the one thing I didn't tell Soojung when Yuri unnie requested to have my check up. I don't want her to worry...and i haven't told her about me being sick before.


I was 6 when I had my episodes of headaches. The doctors said it was due to my eyes, that it's going to be okay if I wear correction glasses. But it continued that's why my family decided to have me tested.


A small tumor was found inside my head. It wasn't malignant and cancerous but it can affect my eyesight if not taken off. For a 6 year old kid like me having my head being opened, it was cool. Hehehe... When I grew up and became an adult, Yuri unnie told me I almost died on the table because I flat lined.


The scar at the top of my head is visible but I always cover it wearing a snap back or the hood of my hoodie up. It looks like a thin white curved line, like a letter C and that's why I had blond when I went inside the prison.


Now the natural dark color of my hair came back and I don't have any chance of coloring it again. Soojung said I look good with dark colored hair and I look y so I'm gonna keep this.


I know she have seen the scar on my head but she isn't asking. She was always tracing it when I'm lying on her lap. I'm just waiting for her to ask about it before I tell her the story. I'm 100% okay now and nothing will happen. My CT scan results last time is negative, no tumors found. It's just a simple headache.


One thing I don't want i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter