Cuffs - 34

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! Second update juseyo~~

Here you go!

See you all tomorrow!

Peace yow!

-----------

 

 

 

 

 

“YOU BASTARD! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DEFEND ME!! WE ARE PAYING YOU MILLIONS TO DEFEND ME!! WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING! DO YOUR WORK! I WILL NOT GO TO THAT HELL HOLE OF A PRISON BECAUSE OF THAT! DO SOMETHING!! DO SOMETHING!!! WE HAVE MONEY!! MY PARENTS WILL PAY YOU!!HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT?!! DO SOMETHING!!”

 

“Order in the Court! ORDER IN THE COURT! ORDER IN THE COURT!!”

 

The court Sheriff came with the other sheriffs and took Oh Sehun aside calming him down. They took him outside, maybe to detain him until he comes to his senses.

 

It was so intense inside the courtroom, Judge Cho cleared his throat after Oh Sehun has been taken out and spoke in a loud voice. “Atty. Liu, Atty. Kwon… is there anything else you would like to say?”

 

“None Your Honor.”

 

“Very well, the court will take a break first. I would like the defendant to have a rest same as the counsels since the arguments and evidences presented are a bit sensitive and stressful. When we resume the session, I hope the plaintiff Mr. Oh Sehun is already calm and collected. I will give my decision later after the closing statements.” he pounded his gavel and stood up from his seat, exiting the door near his table.

 

I ran to Soojung’s side and we exchanged a tight hug, both of us crying at the same time. No words was exchanged, just pure, silent understanding between us that whatever happens… I will be here to support her.

 

We broke our hug and I leaned back to look at my sister who was smiling tearfully at me. I know its hard for her to see all of it, to hear all of it. That is why Atty. Liu and Yuri didn’t show her the evidences before, they were afraid that Soojung would break down.

 

But seeing how Soojung took all of it today, hearing and seeing it, she really has improved a lot. She learned to fight her anxieties and fear, her friends inside helped her overcome all of it. She wouldn’t be here today if not for them who did everything for her to be well again.

 

Atty. Liu and Yuri ushered us in an empty holding room while we wait for the trial to resume. While inside, we also took the liberty of taking our lunch which was courtesy of Bao Lian I heard from Atty. Liu.

 

As always, Yuri was eating a lot again that I stomped on her feet to stop her. Soojung was laughing quietly when she saw us glaring at one another, Yuri even pouting like a kid.

 

“Unnie, why are you stopping Yuri unnie from eating? She needs all the energy she can have later… Yuri unnie, you were great earlier. Thank you..” Soojung’s cheeks blushed for being shy about what she said. I know she’s grateful for Yuri doing everything she can.

 

“Its nothing Soojung… I promised it to you, I will deliver it to you later.” she said while is full. I wiped the side of full of spaghetti sauce like she’s a kid eating in a birthday party. “Are you really a lawyer?!” Yuri and Soojung laughed on what I said and continued on their food.

 

The thought of what happened earlier this morning making my heart beat fast again.

 

What if its true?

 

What am I gonna do with you Kwon Yuri!?

 

“How was Amber this morning?” she asked Soojung while eating her 3rd garlic bread, the garlic bits she picked out before eating.

 

“She was nervous as hell like me, she can’t sleep last night because of worry. If I didn’t force her to sleep last night, she will be looking like a panda today.” she smirked at her food while saying it.

 

My eyebrow raised when Soojung made that smirk. I know that smirk… that mischievous smirk that she always do when she thinks of something naughty to do or she already did something naughty when she was still a kid.

 

“And how did you made her sleep last night?” she raised her head and met my eye, my face showing a teasing smile, my eyebrows wriggling at her.

 

Jung Soojung… don’t tell me…

 

Her face suddenly turned red and she choke on the pasta she was eating. Yuri patted her back and gave her the bottled water while I laugh my heart out. I can’t believe this… my gosh!

 

“Are you okay Soojung?! Why did you choke?!”

 

“I think I ate a whole peppercorn Yuri unnie… mianhe..” she told Yuri while glaring at me, pouting. She looks so cute doing that hahaha!

 

“Okay…” I can’t believe Yuri is still clueless hahaha! They continued on eating, sharing a big bowl of Mint Choco Chip Ice Cream that Atty. Liu ordered to be bought from a nearby Ice Cream store for Soojung because my sister said she misses eating Ice Cream. She found a good Father in-law with Atty. Liu tsk tsk tsk.

 

Sooyeon… did you forget?

 

Atty. Liu is Yuri’s father too. So it means he is also your Father in-law…

 

I sighed on that thought while watching Yuri enjoys eating their Ice cream. I should stop her now or else she might puke again. She still have a closing statement to do later before Judge Cho gives his decision.

 

Fixing Yuri’s hair, she smiled at me and offered a spoonful of ice cream shoving it to my mouth. Soojung was laughing when she saw it and copied what Yuri did, feeding me too. I love seeing the smile on my sister’s face, it was pure happiness but there was still a little fear.

 

Fear that maybe the decision later will not favor on us. But I trust Yuri and Atty. Liu, we will win this.

 

Soojung and Yuri are the two most important people in my life now. I don’t know what I will do with my life if I lose one of them.  

 

An hour passed and the Court Clerk called all of us to return inside the courtroom for the final decision. We went back to our seats and waited for Judge Cho to appear again, all of us now feeling the nervousness creeping inside our bodies.

 

Yuri and Atty. Liu looks so composed and calm, just waiting for the Judge to come. Oh Sehun’s camp is complete too, the devil came back being escorted by the court sheriffs who are standing at the side near him. His parents are still here, waiting for the decision of the court but from the looks of it, Madame Oh must have cried her heart out while on break.

 

Judge Cho came out five minutes later and stood before us. The Court Clerk announced that the session is open once again and asked all of us to sit down to hear the Closing Statements.

 

“Atty. Kim, please do your closing statements.” Atty. Kim stood up from his place behind the table and started his speech.

 

“Your Honor, ladies and gentlemen. I would like to say a few words, that is… I have done all I can for this case and its up to the noble Judge to give his verdict. That is all, thank you.” he bowed before settling on his seat not looking at his client.

 

Judge Cho turned to our side and called on Yuri who stood up. “Atty. Kwon, your closing statement please.”

 

She took a deep breath and started her speech. “Your Honor, ladies and gentlemen. I hope justice will be given today, not just for my client Jung Soojung but also to all those women that Oh Sehun has victimized. I believe we have presented all the evidences and witnesses that is needed, I am confident enough to say that my client is innocent of the charges filed against her. I ask our honorable Judge to consider all aspects and think about the suffering she has endured because of an unfair trial and judgment that was given to her before. I ask you, Your Honor, to have a fair and just judgment. That is all, thank you.”   

 

We were all silent in our seats, the cameras are all flashing while we wait for Judge Cho’s decision. I took a couple of deep breaths to stabilize myself, leaning on to Henry who was beside me praying while his eyes are closed.

 

Yuri was holding Soojung’s hands under the table, my sister looking straight. When I turned to Oh Sehun’s camp, I saw him clasping his hands his eyes closed like he’s on a prayer. I don’t know to whoever Divine power he is praying but I know it won’t be answered.  

 

Judge Cho called the Court Clerk to come forward to him. He whispered something to him and I saw the clerk nodded. Henry, Shindong,Eunhyuk and I looked at each other with wonder when Judge Cho stood up from his seat and went back to his holding room again. The Court Clerk stood in the front and announced something.

 

“Judge Cho will be back immediately with the verdict. He asked to be excuse for a few minutes, he will be back immediately. Thank you.”

 

The courtroom were buzzing from all corners. I saw a few of Mr. Zhang Wu Fan’s men around the room and my eye caught a gray haired man sitting at the back of the court. I didn’t know he was going to come and watch today… maybe to give support to his nephew and to his old friend, Atty. Liu.

 

“Noona… do you think the Judge will favor our side?” Henry asked me while we wait for Judge Cho to come back.

 

“I hope so Henry, I hope so. Because if not…. I will really lose my trust in the Justice system.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

 

When Judge Cho suddenly stood up and left the room, I suddenly felt nervous about the decision he is going to give. I’m just praying that he will reach a fair decision, to consider all the evidences and witnesses we presented.

 

I remembered how Amber and I prayed last night together with Eomma, Puppy and Ssul after dinner. Eomma lead the prayer asking for a favorable verdict from the Judge, for me to be acquitted.

 

Being acquitted means I will be out of the prison, my innocence proven. That will be a good news but I was also thinking about the people I will leave inside the facility.

 

Especially Amber...

 

I told Amber about it last night before we went to sleep. Well after our... you know... *winkwink*.

 

She said I shouldn’t worry about them and most importantly, I shouldn’t worry about her. Because she’s in good company and she will be well.

 

“I’m more worried about you being out there Soojung-ah… Considering that I won’t be there beside you and protecting you. I just wish that 4 years pass by so fast and we will be together again after you win the case and I know you will because Dad and Yuri unnie will do everything.”

 

Yuri unnie patted my lap that made me broke from my day dreaming. I smiled at her and stared at the front where the seal of Justice is located.

 

I never once looked at Oh Sehun’s face today. Even when I arrived this morning, I didn’t dare look at him.

 

It’s not because I’m afraid of him. It was because I’m afraid of what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter