Cuffs - 49

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! I'm dropping an update for all of you today. So this is basically all about Vic guys, no KryBer in here. KryBer will be appearing again on the next chapter :D

 

I would like to thank all our subscribers and to those who upvoted the story. Thank you for still reading this story. 2 or 3 episodes to go and we will end this story so please hang on! 

 

Love you guys!

Peace yow!

----------

 

 

Song Qian's POV

 

 

“Just call me Marcus, Marcus Cho…is it okay….”

 

“.…Miss Victoria?”

 

I think I’m going too faint.     

 

I snapped out of my daydreaming and pulled my trembling hand away from his hold. Lucky Uncle Jerry didn’t see it or else questions will started to flow from him.

 

“Oh! You know her English name? Wait… do you know each other?”

 

“NO!”

 

“Yes.”

 

Arrrghh…

 

Uncle Jerry’s eyebrow are raised by now while looking at my exasperated face. Too obvious Qian… too obvious.

 

“Miss Victoria and I share some common friends back in Australia... but we’re not really close.” I rolled my eyes on him and sat back on my chair.

 

Of all lawyers out there why him?

 

“Qian?”

 

“Y-yes… some common friend Uncle. Please have a sit Atty. Cho so we can discuss these d-documents…”

 

And of all places we will meet again… why here inside the facility?

 

He sat across me and I can feel his stare making me feel conscious. I busied myself with the documents in front of me and showed it to Uncle Jerry.

 

Don’t look at me like that… the last time you did that I almost turned my back to my family.

 

“So… let’s start? Okay… this --” Uncle Jerry’s ring tone came blasting in the air. “Excuse me Atty. Cho, Qian… I’ll just take this call. Please proceed with it Atty. Cho…”

 

Uncle Jerry went out of the room leaving me inside alone with this guy, this guy that memories with him I locked at the farthest corner of my heart.

 

I fiddled with the pen on my hand, not knowing what to say. I busied myself writing in a paper but the truth is I was just doodling. I don’t…. I don’t want to look at him.

 

Qian… its already over. It’s all in the past now…

 

“Ummm… I… I didn’t really expect that we will meet again Vic…”

 

Oh God… don’t start it.

 

“Ever since that morning you suddenly disappeared… leaving just a note… that was smooth.”

 

“Marcus…”

 

“Yeah I know… it’s all in the past, I shouldn’t open it up. But still it baffles me why you did it when obviously you wanted to stay beside me.”

 

I won’t win here… Spending a week with him is enough for me to get to know him deeply, his actions… mannerisms… even the moles on his back.

 

I sighed and placed down the pen on the table before answering him. “Marcus… you know my situation. Y-you know I c-can’t.”

 

“You didn’t even said goodbye Vic… left me hanging there with a sticky note that says ‘Thanks for the memories…’ I felt lost that time do you know that?”

 

It’s my fault… I got too attached to him and I was afraid of what I’ve become when we were together. I became a person that I always wanted to be, away from the traditions my family sets.

 

“Why are you still hanging on a memory that isn’t relevant now?! Marcus it’s been 10 years! A lot of things happened…”

 

I looked at his eyes and saw softness in there staring back at me. The very same eyes I love looking at back then when he stares at me with a caring smile.

 

“I get it Victoria… its just that whatever happened 10 years ago came back when I saw you staring back at me earlier. I apologize for that…” he looked away and shuffled some of the documents on his hold. “Let’s get down to business… shall we?” his voice became cold and professional like, spearing right through my heart.

 

Why do I feel this indescribable pain in my heart right now? It happened long ago… I shouldn’t feel this way.

 

I had Changmin… I learned to love him even though our marriage was set by our family.

 

But I can never escape the fact that I only loved Changmin so to forget about Marcus Cho.

 

Uncle Jerry went back after his phone call and sat beside him. They started explaining to me the details of the petition they will pass to the Parole Board and how long it will take.

 

Marcus was talking and I can’t help myself but stare at him while he is busy explaining the pointers to me. Gone is the surfer dude laid back attitude he has back then, the messy beach style wavy hair is gone too. He looks very professional and respectable now… very clean and immaculate.

 

While watching him all memories came flooding into my mind like it was yesterday.

 

I was in my last year at the university when my friends brought me to Manly Beach and watch the Australian Open of Surfing. They got a friend who was participating and they want to support him by watching.

 

I don’t really know anything about surfing, the only sports I play is Lacrosse and Equestrian. Uncle Feng manages our farm in Australia where he breeds horses and cattles. I call him Cowboy Feng whenever I visit the farm.

 

So long story short, we were introduced to each other and since we two are the only Asians on the group we kind of got stuck together. He was really sweet and a good conversationalist, funny too and bit of a sweet talker. Back then I was using my English name Victoria, he said he love it.

 

We have this unexplainable attraction to each other that draws us together. Like he was someone I knew for a long time and he too felt that.

 

Our friends eventually went home and we stayed at the beach all night, just talking and sharing stories… Our dreams and goals in the future.

 

He was really attractive. Besides his soft stare and messy beach wavy hair plus 6 pack abs, what attracted me to him was his brains. He wasn’t like any guy that I met who will try to sweep you off your feet by repeatedly telling you how beautiful you are and how perfect you are even though you have a Lettuce stucked in your teeth.

 

He believes in hardwork and perseverance, and for him Justice should be given to people who needs it and deserves it. He said when he finish Law School he’s going back to Korea and work for his father.

 

I don’t know how we clicked but… we did. He said he like my sense of humor and wit. I told him I love his no non-sense comments and honesty.

 

We stared deep into each other while sitting on the beach under the light of the full moon. I’ve always thought that night was magical because I felt something unexplainable while looking deep in his eyes. And he did, too. It was romantic, we kissed for I don’t know how long.

 

And when we broke our kiss, we knew it was love. That’s where all the craziness started.

 

We stayed in a hotel near the beach for a week, acting like a couple. He taught me patiently how to surf and I did learned. We went on strolling at the thrift markets at night, holding hands or his arms draping on my shoulders just giggling and talking about things we see.

 

He was my first… and I gladly gave my all to him.

 

Like we don’t care about anything in the world. We have our own world and we stayed like that until the last day we are together.

 

He knew about my family, about the arranged marriage I am in with Changmin. He begged me to reconsider and just marry him, then we will go home to Korea and he will introduce me to his family so to broke the arrange m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter