Chapter 31

Should I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie! Please I’m just asking you for this one favor.”

The older girl looked at her with sympathy questioning if she should help or not. She had improved so much over the year, now working and maintaining herself. She couldn’t be prouder of her now not so little sister. 

“Unnie...?”

“Okay fine but you owe me!” 

~*~

“Mama!”

“Yes sweetie?”

“Juice!”

Seulgi grabbed one of Yebin’s favorite sippy cups before filling it with her favorite apple juice. Ever since the little bear started learning words or tried words Seulgi was ecstatic, Joohyun as well but Seulgi was on a completely different level. The few words she could say or barely say were along the lines of “mama, juice, hi and bye.” Yebin was completely spoiled and it’ll only get worse on the on coming years. 

“Seulgi! Stop giving her juice every time she says it!” Joohyun scolded snatching the bottle away. Seulgi’s expression turned offended and shocked. 

“Why not!? She’s just asking for juice Hyun-ah!” Seulgi raised her voice in return she couldn’t believe this. Joohyun paused and turned around to face with her brow furrowed and arms crossed. 

“She can barely say juice along with the mama! Yebin doesn’t know any other words yet and it’s not healthy for her to be drinking so much of it!” Joohyun yelled in return glaring at her monolid eyes. Before Seulgi could say anything Joohyun stormed out the room. Yebin who had never experienced her parents fighting bursted into tears. Immediately Joohyun rushed back into the room lifting her baby bear into her arms. 

“Yebin sweetie what’s wrong don’t cry. Did mommy make you upset? Me too let’s go play okay?” She cooed kissing her daughter’s chubby cheeks. Yebin’s cries went down with each of her kisses and smile replaced her frown. Joohyun carried her out of their kitchen and headed elsewhere. Seulgi just watched in shock unable to say anything. She frowned and turned to finish cleaning the last of the dirty dishes left behind. How was giving Yebin juice so bad like it’s not like she was giving her the cup of coffee she was drinking. 

Seulgi ruffled her hair in frustration and left the room with a heavy sigh. She knew she was in the wrong now, not that she understood why but she just knew she was. Stretching her arms above her head Seulgi groaned thinking of what she could do to fix this. Knowing how her wife could be it had to be something good. Sitting on the near seat Seulgi let out once again a heavy sigh not noticing the two loves of her life come down the stairs. 

“Yebi do you remember where mommy put her keys?” Joohyun asked the wide eyed baby who stared at her mama bear slouched on their couch. Seulgi jolted up at her voice and watched them move from here to there. 

“Oh that’s right I left them in my coat! Mommy’s so silly right sweetie?” Joohyun smiled kissing her daughter’s cheek earning a giggle and a small hand on her own cheek.

“Hyunnie?” Seulgi said softly. 

“Yes.” Her response was dry and cold, not even sparing a glance. 

Thoughts were racing through Seulgi’s mind, what if Joohyun’s leaving her and taking Yebin with her? What if she’s taking Yebin away from her? Was this because of the juice? Or did she do something else as well? Panic was slowly rising in her and she was trying her best to keep it under control. 

“Where are you going..?” She said as carefully as possible trying to not to show her upcoming freak out. But Joohyun heard the uncertainty in her voice and turned to her. She saw the fear in her bear’s eyes and she softened at the sight. Joohyun saw how her eyes shined with her tears that threatened to make an appearance. Taking quick steps over to her she gave her cheek a gentle kiss before capturing her lips with her own. Seulgi returned it immediately scared she might leave at any moment. 

“Ddeulgi we’re just going to see my mom. She wanted me to bring over Yebin for the afternoon okay?” Joohyun said softly with a smile making the taller girl nodded slowly. 

“I’ll be back soon okay baby?” Joohyun caressed her cheek with her free hand. Seulgi nodded again, that fear was still there. Not as strong as before but it was there bugging her. 

“Yebi say bye mama~!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter