Chapter 27

Should I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They've gone through many practice drills to prepare for Joohyun's due date. Seulgi has gone over and over the best route to the hospital from their home. She would even leave in the middle of the night or at the crack of down just in case. She honestly thought she was prepared for this but now here they were rushing to get Joohyun into her car while stumbling with her phone. 

"Hello—"

"SEUNGWAN CALL EVERYONE AND MEET US AT THE HOSPITAL NOW!"

"What's going on?!"

"SEUNGWAN I SWEAR IF YOU DONT HURRY UP FOR CODE BABY BEAR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU'LL BE IN THE HOSPITAL NEXT!" This time it was Joohyun screaming into the phone. She hung up right after and held onto Seulgi's hand tightly groaning at the first contraction that hit her. 

"Don't worry Hyunnie we'll be there in less than 10 minutes okay? Hold on I won't let anything happen to you." Seulgi said sweetly kissing her hand and focusing on the road after she pulled out of the parking lot. Joohyun smiled at her bear even in a situation like this she could always make her feel at peace. That is until her next one hit even harder and her grip on Seulgi's hand tighened. 

"Hyunnie we're almost there." Seulgi said rubbing her thumb over Joohyun's hand. The older was ready to scream some empty threat but they pulled into the parking lot. Seulgi turned of the engine and scurried out to the other side swinging open the door. 

"Hyun-ah you're doing great okay?" Seulgi said softly trying to soothe her wife the best she could. 

"Seulgi I'm going to rip your arm off I swear to god."

~*~

"I hope she's okay. I can only imagine how painful this has to be for Joohyun." Wendy frowned as she nervously paced back and forth in front the two younger girls. 

"You're making me dizzy can you stop unnie." Joy whined rubbing her eyes. 

"I'm more worried about Seulgi-unnie. What if Joohyun-unnie rips her arm off or crushes her hand?" Yeri said pondering what body part her beloved bear would be missing later. Joy chuckled softly but grabbed her girlfriend's hand. It may not be her baby but she was nervous for her friends. 

"Wendy-ah!" Taeyeon called as she jogged into the waiting area. Wendy flung herself into her girlfriend's arms hoping to calm her nerves which it did. 

"I came as soon as I could but you know how oppa is." She sighed and gave her love a squeeze. Wendy could only growl at the mention of him. She was ready to say something that is until the double doors swung open. 

~*~

"Just one more push Mrs. Kang."

"Joohyun-ah.."

"Oh my god!" 

Cries filled the air and Joohyun threw her head back onto the pillow. She was breathing heavily and covered in a layer of sweat. Praises were coming left and right from her wife and she smiled lazily. 

"Joohyun-ah I love you."

She opened her eyes and saw a crying Seulgi with a huge grin plastered on her face. Joohyun couldn't but smile softly at how adorable she looked. 

"Mrs. Kang here's your healthy newborn baby girl." A nurse smiled softly as she handed the now clean and sleeping baby to her. Joohyun's tears fell as she held her daughter for the first time. 

"She's beautiful Seulgi."

"Just like you Hyunnie." Seulgi smiled kissing her newborn's head before her wife. She crouched near her little girl and reached towards her with a gentle hand her head softly. 

"Seulgi do you want to hold her?"

She froze, blinking rapidly but shook her head before nodding happily. Carefully taking her newborn into her own arms. When she opened her eyes and stared up at her mother, Seulgi started crying and smiled down at her.

"Hi there sweetie. I'm your mommy and I love you so much. I promise I'll protect you with my life. I'll protect you and your mama with my life don't you worry." Seulgi choked out before looking over to her wife smiling proudly who smiled and sniffled back in return. 

"Joohyun have you thought of a name?" Seulgi asked before handing back their newborn carefully. The exhausted girl smiled down at her daughter's chubby cheeks and could see the resemblance to her wife. She looked up and smiled jutting her lips which earned her a soft kiss. 

"Yebin..."

Seulgi looked at her in surprise. 

"Kang Yebin." Seulgi said slowly smiling at the sound of the name. 

"Welcome the family Kang Yebin."

They watched the baby sleep for a while before Joohyun nudged the bear. 

"I think you should go let the girls know. Wendy probably has ripped her hair out by now." Joohyun giggled at the thought. Seulgi snorted and kissed her forehead before standing up. 

She jogged to the double doors with a grin shocking her friends. 

"My baby girl is here!" 

Wendy tackled her into a hug while the others cheered. The bear lead them to meet her newborn b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter