Chapter 29

Should I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter.

The season of frost and dark nights but also holiday warmth. A season filled with a certain type of energy and warmth that you only had when Christmas was the in the air. But then there was snow, wretched snow that took that warmth away. Joohyun watched from their living room as snow began to stick to ground with Yebin in her arms. Her baby bear was almost a year now and she’s been the best with her behavior. Each day she’s looking more and more like Seulgi and Joohyun couldn’t be happier. She had been frowning as she looked out only to have the small girl in her arms tap her chest giggling out gibberish. They were officially moved into their own home, endless nights of Joohyun showering Seulgi with affection and . Their home wasn’t large but it also wasn’t small, it was perfect the three of them and maybe one more. 

“Yebi when is your mommy coming home I miss her I’m sure you miss her too~” Joohyun cooed at her baby bear who beamed a smile identical to her mother’s. It was Friday and neither of them worked this weekend and she couldn’t be happier to just have this time to themselves. But Seulgi was taking to long to get home when all she wanted to do was cuddle up on the couch all together. So she huffed and sat down on their couch kissing Yebin’s chubby cheeks. 

Seulgi on the other hand was stuck in traffic, why did today out of all days had to the be the worst. Aside from the horrible commute home her whole work day was just awful. From the new interns gawking over her, she didn’t mind until one of them spilled some type of drink on her. Also the current rookie group she was assigned had the worst attitude she’d seen, all she wanted to do wring their necks. But now here was sitting in her car waiting the light to change. She was so close yet so far. Seulgi was about 10 minutes from their home yet it seemed like traffic and the new snow just didn’t want her to go home. She just wants to go and find her wife just so she can drop on her for a nap with her baby bear. 

~*~

“Hyunnie! I’m home!” Seulgi yelled as she kicked off her shoes and shrugged off her coat. Joohyun was probably going to kill her for trailing in snow but it’s a risk she’s willing to take. But instead when she turned around she was pressed against the door with a face pressed into her neck and arms around her waist. 

“Seulgi-yah~” 

She couldn’t help the grin on her face as she wrapped her arms around her wife and pulled her closer. Kissing the top of her head and sighed in content. 

“Welcome home Ddeulgi~ we missed you.” Joohyun whined cutely finally pulling back to kiss the grinning bear. She pulled away only to be brought back into a deeper one, feeling cold hands sneak underneath her sweater gasping. Joohyun finally pulled away completely laughing at her childish bear. 

“But Hyunnie you can’t just leave me hanging here!”

Joohyun just kissed her nose before grabbing her hand to pull her farther into their home. 

“Maybe later.” She winked before she turned around to continue pulling her further. Seulgi gave me a goofy smile and let herself be taken away while she watched. Even after all these years of being with the older girl it still felt like a dream to Seulgi. Kang Joohyun is the most beautiful girl she had ever met or seen in her life nothing nor anyone will ever make her feel differently. She couldn’t believe the fairy tale of their story. Best friends to lovers, clueless and lost in love until one day. Seulgi still remembers the day she met Joohyun when they were kids it’s still the most vivid memory of her childhood but one that will never leave her mind was when Seulgi realized she was in love with her best friend. 

~*~

“Ddeulgiiiiiiii can you help me with my science report?” Joohyun said skipping into her kitchen while a binder in hand. Seulgi looked up from her sketching pad and smile watching her best friend sit right next to her. 

“Of course Hyun-ah. What is it?” Seulgi said crossing her legs and reaching behind to fix her ponytail. Joohyun just looked at her with a sheepish smile and pushed her now open binder towards her. 

“I finished the written part early and now I just need the drawing but I can’t do it as much as I tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter