Chapter 23

Should I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baby.."

Silence. 

"Hyunnie.."

No response. 

"Joohyun." This time it wasn't soft and cautious, it was stern and firm. Joohyun jumped at the tone and stopped her hands that were fussing over Seulgi's clothing. 

"I'm sorry.. it's just that I want you look your best which is impossible because you always so but Seulgi this is your graduation I want this to be a day you'll always remember." Joohyun said softly while fixing once more the perfect collar. Seulgi grinned and cupped her jaw to make her look up at the taller girl. 

"I love you." With that Seulgi leaned in for a sweet kiss making the older girl blush when they parted. Joohyun will never get tired of hearing that, ever. She grabbed her bear's hands and interlocked their fingers swaying them softly. Moments like these made them both feel as if they were teenagers in some lovey dovey romance film, but Seulgi always felt like that. She was the protagonist who was in love with her best friend but couldn't say anything until the very same girl confessed her own love for her. Seulgi was the one who got the girl of her dreams, in her mind she had won at life and it was the best damn prize of them all. And Joohyun felt the same in every way except for her, she was the girl who was wanted by everyone but only wanted her best friend. She learned to accept that if was more probable that the love of her life wouldn't return her feelings, until she did full throttle. Joohyun felt like she had won the world when she pulled in Seulgi for their first ever kiss. Now Seulgi was her world and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"I love you too stupid." Joohyun joked with a cheeky grin. Seulgi simply rolled her eyes and stepped away towards the bathroom and said over her shoulder,

"Im your idiot for life so you gotta deal with it."

She closed the door leaving a smiling Joohyun alone standing in their living room. 

"And I wouldn't have it any other way."

~*~

"Kang Seulgi!"

The auditorium filled with cheers as Seulgi walked towards her principal to take her diploma. Posing for a quick picture her parents probably took she quickly walked down to join her peers, her smile never leaving her face. She looked behind her and her heart fluttered the sight. 

Joohyun standing between her parents and her brother and sister-in-law next to them with the girls who were oddly calm watching her with a smile. And on the other side of her parents were Joohyun's parents watching with the same amount of pride and love her own parents had. 

Seulgi felt proud her family who she loved dearly were here watching her finally graduate and becoming the person she strides to be. Her smile grew wider when she looked next to her, Wendy had snuck out of line to stand next to her after she received her own diploma. They were graduating together just like best friends should, they've gone through so much together and Seulgi couldn't be happier to finish school with her. Even though the school officials saw Wendy leave her space they did nothing knowing it would be impossible to pull the two apart and the scene would ruin the ceremony. 
 
Seulgi was brought out from her thoughts when the cheers grew louder and the final words were said congratulating them. 

Caps thrown into the air and she smiled. 

She smiled at the shorter girl next to her who mirrored her smile. She smiled at her fellow classmates who picked up their caps and went off to their own families who waited for them. 

"Seulgi!"

She turned in her spot and her face beamed. Joohyun was practically running towards her with their parents following. Before she was tackled into a tight hug she saw Yeri, Joy, Taeyeon and Wendy's parent who flew in from Canada. Now it felt right, everyone was here and it was perfect. 

"Now I know how you felt." Joohyun's voice said softly bringing Seulgi's attention to her. 

"Huh?" Seulgi asked confused and held her closer pressing a kiss to her temple. 

"Now I know how you felt watching me graduate. How proud you were Ddeulgi." She beamed and pushed herself towards the taller girl into a soft kiss. Seulgi grinned when they parted. 

"Auntie Seulgi!!" A small voice called out making her look up. The smile on Seulgi's face looked ready to split her face in half as she watched her precious baby bears run towards her. Hyojin was leading the way with Saeron timidly following behind holding her baby sister's hand making sure she wouldn't fall even though she could walk some now. 

Seulgi crouched down to catch the running girl into her arms almost being knocked down by the sheer force of the child. 

"Auntie you looked so pretty up there! Does this mean we get to see you more?" Hyojin asked with shining

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter