Chapter Two

Love Between Us

“Yifan, may I know how old are you?”

“I’m 28 years old. How ‘bout you?”

“I’m younger than you by three years. Do you mind if I call you Ge?”

“Sure. Does this mean you had Tao when you are still 19 years old?”

“That stupid husband of mine had forgotten to use protection at that time. At least he knows how to take responsibility. If not, I’ve had cut his off for impregnating me in the first place. What about you?”

Yifan’s expression changed slightly after he heard the question.

“Oh, it’s okay if you don’t want to tell me yet. After all, we’ve just met each other for the second time. Let us talk about something else.” Yixing said after he saw Yifan’s expression had changed. Maybe Yifan is a bit uncomfortable to talk about it right now.

“Sehun is the result of one night stand. I was drunk and end up having with stranger. I never expected that I would get pregnant because of that.”

“Oh my god. Have you ever tried to find that man?”

Yifan shrugged, “I didn’t know where to start. I couldn’t even remember his face nor his name. This leave me no choice but to raise Sehun alone.”

“You’re a very strong man to raise Sehun alone and I admire you for that.” Yixing muses as he glances and smiled sincerely to Yifan, whom returned the gesture with the same sincerity.

“Thank you.”

Yifan feels relieved that Yixing believed his lie. He did felt bad for lying to Yixing since he didn’t want to create their friendship based on lie but he doesn’t want anyone to know that Sehun isn’t really his son. It’ll be much better if people thought that he is a single parent who raised Sehun alone.

“Are you working or just staying at home to take care of Tao?” Yifan decided to change the subject.

“I’m actually a dance instructor. I own a dance studio with my friend, Kim Jongin, but I had to stop teaching for now until I have given birth to my twins,” said Yixing as he caresses his belly when he feels that his babies were kicking him.

“Wow. I’m just an ordinary accountant.”

“Accountant isn’t an easy job though. Please turn to the right.”

Yifan follow Yixing’s instruction and turns his car.

“It was nothing special. Dancing had always been my passion and I’m so glad that my husband still allows me to dance and he never forced me to quit so that I can stay at home to take care of Taozi.”

“You’re so lucky to found a very good husband.”

Yixing scoffed upon hearing that, “You’re saying that because you don’t really know my husband very well. He is the most stubborn and annoying person I have ever met… Oh, please stop the car. We have reached.”

Yifan parks his car beside the red car that was parked in front the metals gates Yixing pointed to. He wonders whose car is that since he recalled that Yixing’s husband car is black in color, certainly not red.

“Whose car is that?”

“Ahh… my husband’s best friend must have come to visit us. I need to get down now. He must’ve been waiting for us to come back. Taozi, wake…”

Yixing stops his word halfway and squealed when he saw his son and Sehun had fallen asleep with Tao’s head lying on top of Sehun’s shoulder.

“They look so cute right now!”

Yixing quickly took out his handphone from his pocket and starts taking picture. Yifan chuckled when he saw Yixing’s actions.

“Too bad, I have to wake Taozi up.  Do you want to come down and join us for dinner? I can introduce my husband and his best friend to you.”

“But…”

“Please?” Yixing pleaded, using his puppy eyes. No one is able to resist his demand whenever he was using it.

And it really did wonders as Yifan let out a small sigh. He feels a little bad to reject Yixing’s request now.

“Okay, fine.” Yifan chuckled as Yixing nearly jumped in happiness while mouthing several thank you’s “Let’s go wake them up.”

Yifan helped Yixing get down from his car. He then leaned against the door as he watches Yixing walks wobbly to the passenger seat. He did want to help Yixing walk toward  the passenger seat, but Yixing rejected it, saying that it is just a short distance

“Taozi honey, wake up. We had reached home.”

Tao rubs his eyes cutely making his mama squeal internally, “But Tao is sleepy.”

“Don’t you want to play with Sehun? He and Uncle Yifan are going to join us for dinner.”

Tao’s eyes then brightened up when he heard that. He quickly shook his best friend by his shoulder. Sehun then let out a small groan before opening his eyes.

“Tao, why did you shook Sehunnie? Sehunnie wanted to sleep.” Sehun whined.

“Mama just told me that Sehunnie and Uncle Yifan is going join us for dinner.”

Sehun turned towards Yifan, “Mama, we really can join them for dinner?”

Yifan’s lips then curled to smile and he nodded his head.

“Yeah!!” Sehun cheered in triumph making the smile on Yifan’s lips grew bigger.

“Come on, Sehunnie. Tao wanted to show you his room!” Tao exclaimed excitedly. He and Sehunnie jumps down from the car. They then run towards the porch without even waiting for their parents.

“Tao!”

“Just give it up. He wouldn’t bother to listen to your words at all.”

Yixing sighs. “You’re right. Kids. Come on, let’s go inside now.”

Yixing then walked towards his house with Yifan trailing behind him. He smiled when he see a blonde haired man standing by the porch talking with his son while Sehun just standing beside him.

“Suho Ge!”

As Yixing waved to get the blond man’s attention, Yifan stopped his steps abruptly.

Su-suho? No… It couldn’t be... that.

The blonde haired man turned his head. The smile on his lips died down as his gaze lingers to the tall person standing behind Yixing.

“Jiaheng?”

Without much thinking, Yifan ran to the porch and carries Sehun into his arms. He then ran toward his car although Yixing had yelled him to stop. He just can’t stay there any longer. He should have ran the moment he heard Suho’s name but at that time, his feet seemed didn’t want to budge.

He unlocks his car and asked Sehun to climb into the car. He quickly started the engine and drove off from there. It seems like he didn’t have much of a choice but to avoid Yixing for a while. He didn’t want to meet Suho again, the man that he was trying to avoid all these years.

Meanwhile, Suho stood there dumbfounded. Everything happened too fast.

“Mama, why Sehunnie did left?” Tao asked. His lips then formed into a small pout. He was looking forward to show his room to his best friend.

“Uncle suddenly has something important to do.”

Yixing feels guilty for lying to his son, but what choice does he had? He couldn’t tell the truth to Tao. Tao wouldn’t able to understand it. Neither he can understand everything right now.

“Ge, let us go inside to talk.”

Suho nodded his head. He then followed Yixing entering the house. Tao quickly kick off his shoes and run towards his room.

Yixing shook his head at that. He make a mental note to himself to scold his son for his behavior. He has more important things to do. He need to know why Yifan suddenly drive away after seeing Suho. He then sit on the sofa while Suho occupied the seat opposite to him.

“Suho-ge, you better tell me how did you know Yifan-ge? Why did he run away the moment he saw you?”

Suho’s forehead frowned upon hearing the former male’s name “What did you say just now?” 

“I asked you how did you know Yifan-ge.”

“Oh god, I thought he was Jiaheng. But it turned out he wasn’t.” Suho said. He then run his hand on his blonde hair out of frustration.

“Ge, who is Jiaheng? You keep saying that name.”

“My boyfriend that I told you before.”

Yixing stared at Suho in disbelief, “Are you kidding me? Yifan-ge is your ex?”

Suho let out a small sigh. Either Yixing being his dense self again or he didn’t heard the name that came out from his lips.

“No, he wasn’t. He is Jiaheng’s twin brother. Jiaheng told me that he had an identical twin but I never thought that they would be look so alike.”

“So what are you going to do now, Ge?”

“Xing, can you help me? I need to meet Yifan again. He could be the only one who possibly knows about Jiaheng’s current whereabouts.”

“I don’t think that I’d be able to help you. We aren’t really that close. We only met for two times...”

“But…”

Suho’s words were cut off when the door suddenly barged open. A petite man with feminine face entered the house.

“Baobei!”

“Han, you’re home early. I thought you had a meeting to attend.”

Luhan shrugged then sit beside his husband.

“The meeting finished earlier than I expected and I went straight away home to make sure that nothing bad had happen to my angels including you. You are not in harm in any way, right?”

Yixing could only roll his eyes. “Han, how many times you want me to repeat to you that I’m perfectly fine.”

“You’re carrying twins this time and I will never able to forgive myself if something happens to you,” Luhan said as he wraps his arms around his husband’s waist.

Yixing’s eyes soften a little. He can’t stay mad at his husband for long although Luhan’s overprotective behavior does annoy him.

“I understand your reasoning. However, you need to trust me. This is my second pregnancy after all. It may a bit different from the first pregnancy since I’m carrying twins this time, but, I think I can manage it perfectly well. So you can stop being such a worrywart. It is getting so annoying, you know.”

“Fine, but you must promise me that you’ll immediately inform me if you feel discomfort or anything.”

“I will.”

Suho, being the most unlikely witness of their lovey-dovey actions, pretended to clear his throat. The couple then turned their heads towards him.

“I’m very sorry for disturbing your lovey dovey moment, but Yixing and I were having important conversation before you interrupt us.”

“Suho, when did you get here? How was the opening of your clinic by the way?”

“I arrived here twenty minutes ago and my clinic’s progress run quite smoothly. I think my clinic can be opened either at the end of the month or the beginning of next month.”

“So what were you talking about just now?”

“Han, can you believe it? I met Sehun’s father again and he send us home. It turned out he is Suho-ge’s boyfriend. He quickly leave after he saw Suho.”

“What? Jiaheng was here just now!?”

Suho then massages his forehead.

Is Yixing deaf or what? Doesn’t he heard what had I said just now?

“Not him, but his twin brother.” Suho answered. There is was slight irritation under his tone. It is getting annoying to explain the same thing.

“Jiaheng got a twin?”

“Yes, he does. The man that Yixing brought here was his twin brother, Yifan. I was asking for Yixing’s help so I can meet Yifan again. He maybe is the only one who knows about his brother’s whereabout. However, Yixing rejected me.”

Luhan,upon hearing Suho’s distress, faced Yixing with his dear eyes the other man can’t reject “Just help Suho, Baobei. You know that he had been looking for Jiaheng for years and Yifan is possibly the only one who knows where Jiaheng is right now.”

Yixing quickly raised up his hand in surrender manner.

“Fine! I’ll try. I can’t promise that he’ll meet you. Judging by the incident minutes ago, it is very clear that he doesn’t even want to see you.”

“I understand. If he does reject you, I’ll do it myself. I’m not going to give up that easier. Now that finding Jiaheng seems possible by now.”

“You never told us the reason why Jiaheng left you? Both of you were so loving that time.”

A small sigh escaped from Suho’s lips and his expression changed into sadness.

“I also don’t know. We were having dinner that night as usual. When I woke up in the morning, he was gone. No letter or anything to explain why did he left. During the dinner, I did realize that something is bothering him, but he didn’t want to tell me when I asked. If only I knew that this would cause him to leave, I would surely had made him to talk.”

Luhan felt pity towards his friend. Jiaheng’s sudden disappearance had affect Suho quite a lot. Suho isn’t the same person like he used to be. It is quite understandable. He would feel the same too if Yixing did the same thing.

“Let’s just hope that his twin knows his whereabouts.”

“I hope so too.”

 


 

Yifan opens the door and let Sehun step inside the apartment first. He mentally sighs when he spots the small pout on Sehun’s lips as Sehun walked pass him. Sehun was angry at him for not being able to have dinner with Tao since he couldn’t stop whining on the way home.

He quickly took off his shoes and walked toward the living room. He spots his baby sitting on the sofa with a pout still decorating his lips. He would have squealed long ago since Sehun looks so freaking adorable right now but he didn’t since he still needs to coax his baby. He then sits beside Sehun who turns his head once he saw his mama had sat beside him. Yifan is trying to withhold his smile after he saw the cute gestures.

“Sehunnie baby, are you mad at me?”

“Yes. Sehunnie is mad at mama right now. Mama had lied to Sehunnie. Mama said that we can have dinner with Tao. Sehunnie was looking forward to see Tao’s room.” Sehun said with his small arms folded across his chest.

“I’m sorry about that. We can have dinner with them next time, okay?”

“Mhmm…” Sehun tapped his chin, “Fine...Sehunnie can forgive mama, but mama has to promise that he’ll buy two packets of potato chips for Sehunnie.”

Yifan, unable to withhold his smile, hugged the child after he heard his demands.

“Okay, I’ll buy it for you.”

“Pinky promise?” asked Sehun as he held out his pinky finger.

Yifan then entwines his pinky finger around Sehun’s finger. The smile on his lips grew bigger when his baby finally stops pouting.

“Go take a bath while I’ll go prepare our dinner.”

“Mama will cook Sehunnie’s favorite, right?”

“Of course baby,” says Yifan as he ruffles his baby’s hair.

“Yeah! Sehunnie loves mama so much,” says Sehun. He kisses his mama’s cheek gently before jumping down from the sofa.

A small tear slowly slides down from Yifan’s eyes as he watches Sehun walks towards his room. This is the sole reason why he was running from Yixing’s house an hour ago. He didn’t want Suho to take Sehun away from him although Suho didn’t know about Sehun, he still didn’t want to risk it. He already lost his twin brother and he didn’t want to lose Sehun too.

 


Author's note: I just love dense Yixing. XD

Hope all of you will like this chapter.