Chapter Nine

Love Between Us

 

Suho drove the car with his eyes on the road. He felt a little bit weird when Jiaheng suddenly became so quiet when a few minutes ago, he couldn’t stop pestering him, which was making him worried. So when the light had turned red, he turned to look at his boyfriend and he chuckled when he saw the small pout on his boyfriend’s lips.

“Babe, are you still mad at me?” he asked as he grabbed a hold on Jiaheng’s hand.

Jiaheng glared at his boyfriend, “Yes, I am. Why can’t you tell me where are we going?”

“I already said it was a surprise. Please be patient, okay? We’re almost there.”

“At least give me a hint or something.” Jiaheng whined.

“Sorry, babe. I can’t do that. It’ll ruin the surprise.”

“Hump...fine!” The pout on Jiaheng’s lips gets bigger as he dramatically folded his arms across his chest.

“Do you know how cute you’re acting right now?” Suho teased.

“Shut up!”

Suho just laughed as he start to drive off from there. He hoped that Jiaheng will like his surprise.

 


Suho parked his car on the parking lot and turns to look at Jiaheng with a smile on his lips. The smile on his lips grew bigger when he saw that his boyfriend had fallen asleep. His boyfriend must be tired because he had pulled an all nighter for his assignment which is making him felt a little to bad waking him up, but he still had to do it because he wants to show his surprise to his boyfriend.

“Babe, we’ve already arrived.” Suho said as he gently shakes Jiaheng’s body. He cooed when his boyfriend rubbed his eyes.

“Where are we?”

“At the park.”

Jiaheng frowned upon hearing that. He couldn’t help feeling disappointed about it since he had been anticipating for his boyfriend’s so-called ‘surprise’ which turned out Suho only bringing him to park.

“This is your so-called surprise?”

Suho chuckled when he detect the disappointment underneath Jiaheng’s tone.

“Have you forgotten that this is the park where I confessed to you?”

“It wasn’t I forgot it on purpose. All parks look almost the same. Not only that, it was dark that day and we were…” Blush slowly crept up onto Jiaheng when he recalled back the day Suho confessed to him.

“We were what?” Suho wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

Jiaheng’s face turned into beet red, “S-shut up. So what is your reason bringing me here aside from refreshing my memory?”

“Please wait me at that water fountain, okay? I need to do something first.” Suho said as he pointed his finger toward the water fountain.

“Okay. Make it fast. I feel a bit tired today.”

“Yes, dear.”

Suho then pecked Jiaheng’s lips. He chuckled when he spotted the small blush on his boyfriend’s lips. Before he can tease his boyfriend again, Jiaheng already climb down from the passage seat and run towards the water fountain. He let out a small laugh before he also climb down from his car

Jiaheng huffed as he folded his arms and watching his boyfriend taking out things from his car bonnet. He begins to feel curious about it when he sees Suho finally approaching while holding a picnic basket on one hand and a blanket on the other hand.

“Just wait for a little, okay? I’m almost done with the preparation.” Suho said.

Suho proceeds to spread the blanket and motioning for his boyfriend to take a seat. Jiaheng then takes a seat beside his boyfriend with his heart beginning to swell and flutter in happiness.

“A picnic in the park? What is the occasion?” Jiaheng asked in amused tone.

Suho grabbed his boyfriend’s hand and kissed it gently, “Happy one year anniversary, babe.”

“I thought you have forgotten about it since you never mentioned it.” Jiaheng said with a small pout on his lips.

These few days, he was actually quite sad because he thought that his boyfriend had forgotten about their one year anniversary since his boyfriend acted quite very indifferent about it.

“How could I ever forget about it? This date was one of my happiest date because this date was the day where you become mine.” Suho replied. There is hint of possessiveness underneath his tone.

Jiaheng’s cheek turned slightly pink because of Suho’s words. At the beginning of their relationship, it just occurred to him that his boyfriend can be so possessive at times since he was always soft-spoken and polite. However, his boyfriend shows his true character when a man tried to flirt with him when they were hanging out with Suho’s friends at the club. Suho almost broke a fight with the man, but he quickly dragged him out before it can even start.

Still, his boyfriend’s possessiveness isn’t going change his feelings toward him. He had accepted it as part of his boyfriend. Not only that, his boyfriend looks hot when he’s acting all possessive toward him. (He isn’t going to tell this to his boyfriend though.)

“Let’s start eating.” Suho said before taking out the dishes from the picnic basket and lays in front of Jiaheng.

“Wow, the dishes look so delicious. Did you prepare this yourself?”

“I’m just like you, helpless in cooking. These dishes were made by my aunt.” Suho said while scratching his cheek.

“What? Seriously? Did your aunt asked why?”

“She didn’t, but I think she already know what is the purpose because she kept on sending meaningful smiles to me.”

“Oh god! Looks like I’m going to avoid to dinner with your family for awhile. It is too embarrassing for me to face them!”

“I’m sorry, babe, but you can’t do that. My aunt had already taken a liking on you. She keeps on pestering me non-stop when I’m going to bring you home for dinner.”

Jiaheng was a bit skeptical when Suho wanted to bring him to eat dinner because he’s afraid that Suho’s family wouldn’t like him especially his uncle who was also his principal, but turns out he was just thinking too much. Suho’s family easily warmed-up to him and Suho’s uncle even teased them that they should be thankful for him being their cupid. A small sigh then escaped from his lips. If only Yifan was same as them.

“What’s wrong? Why’d you suddenly sighed?” Suho asked.

“Oh, nothing. I’m just worrying about my assignment. I hope that I’ll get a good result.”

Jiaheng does felt bad for lying to his boyfriend, but he couldn’t let his boyfriend know that Yifan doesn’t like him having boyfriend right now and wants him to focus on his studies. It’s not like his results had gone down or something like that but rather, his results even had improved quite a lot. He told the same thing to Yifan, but no, Yifan doesn’t want to listen to him at all which lead them to had a huge argument and they still haven’t made up until now.

“I think you’ll do well in your assignment.”

“I hope so too. So should us begin digging the dishes in front of us? I’m starting to feel hungry and I don’t think I can’t hold it much longer with these delicious dishes in front of me.” Jiaheng said as he rubbed his stomach.

Suho chuckles upon hearing that. Both of them are sitting side by side with another and their knees touching. They begin to enjoy the dishes with each other companies.

An hour later, both of them finally finish the dishes and Suho turns to look at Jiaheng with a small smile on his lips.

“Thank you for bringing me here. I’m really enjoying it.” Jiaheng said before his lips curved into a smile.

“Babe, can you give me your hand?” Suho suddenly asked.

“Why?”

“Stop asking so many questions.”

Jiaheng’s lips formed into a small pout as he lent out his hand. Much to his shock, Suho took out a medium velvet box from his pocket. Suho then opened the box and there are two cartier platinum bracelet inside it. He took out one of the bracelet and put it on his boyfriend’s wrist.

“Do you like it?” Suho asked with a small smile on his lips. He knew that he had made a perfect choice because the bracelet matches his boyfriend’s skin perfectly.

“I-I do like it.” Jiaheng replied as he stared the bracelet on his wrist, “But this is too expensive. I….”

Suho quickly puts his finger on top of Jiaheng’s lips, “Shh...I don’t want to hear any complain from you.”

Suho effortlessly pulls Jiaheng  into his lap making Jiaheng squeal. Jiaheng begins to form his words to ask but his words were cut off again when Suho’s lips covered his lips.

Taking Jiaheng’s bottom lip into his own, Suho nibbled on it gently. Their kiss starts as slow and gentle but it wasn’t long before Jiaheng could feel his boyfriend’s tongue his bottom lip to gain entry. Jiaheng opens his lips to let his boyfriend in. Both of them then begins to battle for dominance and it wasn’t long before Jiaheng given up and let his boyfriend his cavern with his tongue.

The two of them continued to kiss passionately for a few minutes. Both of them only pulled away when they needed air to breath. Suho presses his forehead with his boyfriend’s and stared at his boyfriend’s eyes with nothing but adorations and love in his eyes.

“T-that was...I….” Jiaheng didn’t know what to say right now. He’s still overwhelmed by the kiss few seconds ago. He even could feel that his face must be turning red by now.

Suho let out a small chuckle when he saw his boyfriend’s face. His boyfriend looks so cute right now with his face is red. Despite that they’ve had kissed so many times, his boyfriend still acted like it was their first time, blushing beetly and even acting shyly after that.

He his lips after he saw his boyfriend’s lips had become swollen because of their intense kiss and he couldn’t stop himself from leaning closer to his boyfriend again. However, before he could kiss his boyfriend, the rain starts pouring down.

Both of them were stunned for a few seconds before laughter comes out from their lips. They quickly packed their things and run towards Suho’s car, hand in hand.