Chapter Twenty One

Love Between Us

 

Sehun looks for his best friend inside the classroom. His lips then automatically curls into a smile as Tao waves at him. He dashes towards his best friend eagerly, having been missing his best friend quite a lot although they just saw each other last friday.

“Tao, Sehunnie missed you!” Sehun exclaims as he put down his school bag that has Rilakkuma design on it.

“Taotao missed you too.” Tao’s  eyes lit up as if remembering something before he excitedly rummages his Panda bag much to Sehun’s curiosity, “Oh… there is something Tao wants to show to Hunnie.”

He giggles as he’d found the one he’s searching for before taking out a small picture and shows it to Sehun. Sehun’s eyebrows rose up when he saw a black and white picture and it seemed there is something inside the picture that he wasn’t able to describe.

“Tao, what is it?” Sehun asks as he scratches his head, still trying to analyze the picture. He didn’t want to look stupid in front of his best friend, but he can’t really recognize what Tao wants him to see.

“It’s Tao’s twin siblings! It is called ultrasound. Can Hunnie see there are two heads?” Sehun squints his eyes as Tao points on something that resembles as small beans in the picture.

“Now Sehunnie see it!” Sehun beams, also tracing the shape Taotao’s siblings forms.

“My baba and mama went to check up on Saturday to check whether the babies are healthy or not and also to see the baby's genders. And Tao’s going to get two baby sisters!” Tao excitedly announce with his fingers making a large peace sign.

“Taotao is going to have two baby sisters?” Sehun felt something bitter as everything seems to sink in. He feels like his world is crashing down.

“Yes! Tao is so happy! Tao can’t wait for them to come out and dress them up with cute and beautiful clothes!”

“Oh…” Sehun mutters sadly as he starts kicking his feet on the floor to which the celebrating kid noticed.

“What is wrong, Hunnie? Don’t you feel happy for Tao?”

“Of course, Sehunnie is happy for Tao. It is that God is not unfair to Sehunnie.” Tao’s eyes widen as Sehun’s tears stats to well in his eyes, “Tao is going to have two baby sisters while Sehunnie only want one, but unable to get it.” Sehun replies, bowing down to hold his tears from streaming down. He is happy yet a bit sad because he’s not going to have the sister that he had always wanted ever since he learns that Tao is going to become a big brother.

Tao holds his best friend’s hands with his little ones, squeezing it as his way of comforting, “Why didn’t you ask Uncle Yifan to give you one?”

Sehun pathetically shakes his head, “Sehunnie did, but Mama get upset. That’s why Sehunnie never bring it up again because Sehunnie don’t like getting Mama upset.” Tao can’t help but coo at how Sehun loves his Mama as he wipes Sehun’s tears with his handkerchief. Sehun smiles when another question bothers him, “Tao, do you know how does baby being created? Was it really that hard that’s making my Mama upset?”

“Tao did asked my Baba since Tao was very curious about it.” Tao puts his fingers on his lips, trying to recall what his Father told him, “Baba then told Tao that he and Mama make love in order to create a baby.”

“Make love? What is that?”

“Taotao don’t know. Mama heard it before Baba can finish explaining it. Mama then yelled at Baba and pulled him by the ear to their room and  Baba never have spoken about it again.” Sehun nods, trying to put every piece of information all together.

“So mama needs to make love? With who?”

“Of course with your Baba.”

“But, Sehunnie doesn’t has appa.” Sehun pouts more, hope and determination of having a sibling seems on diminishing. He never had thought having a sibling is harder than he thinks.

“Now Hunnie had said it, Taotao wonders why Hunnie doesn't have baba?”

“Mama said Sehunnie is special kid.” Sehun then grins, “That’s why Sehunnie doesn’t have appa and that time Sehunnie doesn’t mind it because Sehunnie only needs mama.” Tao waits for Sehun to continue as he looks he had realized something, “Mama only needs Sehunnie… no wonder Mama was upset when Sehunnie asked for a baby sister.”

Tao pats his best friend’s back and squeezes his hands again, “Taotao feels sorry for you that you’re unable to get a baby sister. Hunnie can share Tao’s baby sisters since Tao is going to have to two. We can take care of them together.”

Sehun smiles sadly knowing that Tao just wants to help him but he knows sharing other’s sibling isn’t enough. “Sehunnie appreciates Tao’s offer, but Sehunnie wants to have Sehunnie’s own baby sister.”

“But… how are you going to get it without a baba?”

“Sehunnie just have to find a new Appa for Mama.” (A/n these two kids conversation is getting weirder.)

“But… Hunnie wouldn’t be special anymore.”

“Sehunnie don’t mind as long as Sehunnie can get baby sister.” Sehun spoke with determination while clenching his fists to which Tao copies, trying to support and cheer for the man on operation.

“Who is going to become your new Baba?”

“Hmm…”

Both of them falls into deep thoughts as they try to think all the potential men that they knew. A tall, chubby boy suddenly pulls the ultrasound picture from Sehun’s hands making them snap out from their thoughts. Sehun immediately stands up after he realize what had happen.

“Hey, In-hoo, give it back! It belongs to Tao!” Sehun yelled angrily while glaring at the boy in front of him.

“Let me see it first. What is this anyway?” In-hoo inquires as he flips the picture around.

“It is Tao’s twin sister ultrasound. Please give it back. Tao promise mama that Tao would take a good care of it.” Tao answers meekly before hiding behind Sehun, obviously terrified with the child.

“These are your baby sisters? Haha… they are as ugly as you are.”

Tears start to gather inside Tao’s eyes, “Taotao is not ugly…”

“Yes, you are. Ugly. Tao.”

Sehun clenches his fist angrily when he saw his best friend starts to cry. How dare In-hoo called Tao ugly when he’s the ugly ones? Fat and a bully!

“Take it back!”

“What?”

“Sehunnie said take it back and said sorry to Tao!”

“What are you going to do, huh?” In-Hoo taunted before sticking out his tongue.

Sehun loses control after that. He quickly launches himself at In-hoo.

 


Yifan is busy key-in the data in his computer as he needs to submit the report before going off work when his phone suddenly rings. He groans a little because he specifically instructed his secretary that he didn’t want to be disturb today.

“Hello?”

“Mr. Wu, I’m Mr. Choi, the principal from The Stepping Stone kindergarten. It is regarding your son, Sehun.”

Yifan’s heart suddenly beats wildly inside his chest, “What is wrong with Sehun, Mr. Choi?”

“He is perfectly fine. It is just that he’s been caught into a fight with another boy from class. We need you to come here right away because the other party’s mother didn’t want to let go of this matter until your side apologize.”

“I understand. I’ll come there right away.”

Yifan quickly grabs his coat and his car keys before he walks out from his office. The report be damn because nothing is more important than his baby.

 


“Mr.Choi, you need to do something about my poor baby. His nose is broken because of this barbaristic kid.” In-hoo’s mother said while pointing her finger towards Sehun and Tao.

Sehun only huffs while crossing his arms across his chest because he believes he didn’t do anything wrong since In-Hoo started it first. If it wasn’t Tao keeps on tugging his shirt, he would have said something. Yes, he can be sassy as Yifan is.

“You better refrain yourself from calling my son barbaristic before I do something about it.”

Sehun’s eyes glittered up the moment his Mama steps inside the office. He knows that he is safe now that his Mama here. His Mama’s definitely going to help him to talk to the principal that he did nothing wrong.

Yifan sends a small smile to Sehun to reassure that he has everything in order. To be honest, he was thinking Sehun starts acting out like his Ge, but when he saw the ‘victim’ and his mother who was obnoxious and loves to look down at others, he knows that his baby wasn’t in the wrong here.

“See, this is what happens when the child was raised by a single parent. They have no manner.”

“At least I can support myself and my son. Not like you who relies on your husband who seems to doesn’t even can buy his wife a proper clothing.” Yifan sassed back after he saw the woman’s short red dress that show her cleavage and her thighs. She dares to talk about the manner when she herself is dressing like .

“Why you!?”

“Please calm down both of you. We’re not here to fight. We’re here to settle the fight between Sehun and In-hoo.”

“Just I said before, I want Mr.Wu and his son to apologize to us and pay the medical fee. If not, I’m going to bring this to court.”

“I know that your husband have too many money to spend of, but instead of asking him wasting money for legal fee, why didn’t you ask him to donate it instead? It may clear your name a little since lately there had been unpleasant news about you and your family.”

“Mr. Wu, please refrain yourself from making anymore comments.”

Yifan just clicked his tongue in annoyance while In-hoo’s mother who’s face had turned red due to anger, folded her arms across her chest.

“Hunnie didn’t nothing wrong, principal! Don’t send him to jail! It was In-hoo’s fault. He took Tao’s picture and called Tao ugly. Hunnie asked politely to give it back and say sorry to Tao, but he didn’t want to. Hunnie only did this for Tao.” Tao explained who is in the verge of crying, thinking that his best friend is going to be send to jail because of him.

“Oh… that was the case. I wonder who's kid doesn’t have manners now?”

“Mr.Wu, please, I’m begging you. Don’t make this situation go worse. And Zitao, you don’t have to worry. Sehun isn’t going to be send to jail.”

“Well, forgive me. I had to say something about this matter, Mr. Choi. This woman had falsely accused my son when it was her son who started it.”

“Are you saying it is okay for your son to punch others?” In-hoo’s mother argued back.

“I never said that. My son was indeed wrong in that matter, and I’ll scold him later on. However, does it is really okay for us to turn blind eyes at a kid who takes others kid’s thing without asking permission and calling them names? Is this what kindergarten wants to teach the kids?”

“I agree with Yifan-ssi.”

Yifan jumps a little when the familiar, gentle voice hits his ear. What is he doing here in the first place?

“Ahh… Dr. Kim, what are you doing at here?” In-Hoo’s mother said seductively making Yifan gag.

“I’m here for Tao. His parents wasn’t able to come due to some matter and send me of their behalf since I’m Tao’s godfather. Mr. Choi, I’ve heard everything from outside, and since both of them were in wrong, just let them off this time with a small warning. They are still kids after all.”

“I agree with you, Dr. Kim. Both of them are indeed still kids. I’ll just treat this matter a small fight between two kids. I’ll let this three kids off earlier today.” The principal smiles to Suho, thanking him so much for finishing the stress the kids and their parents caused, “I hope both of parents learn the lesson today and properly teach the kids.”

“What? Mr. Choi, you can’t let off this matter easily. What about my son's broken nose?”

“Mrs. Lee, I’ll treat your son’s injury for free. Can you just let this matter go?” Suho, the polite man he is, pleaded, to which Mrs. Lee paused for a while.

“Fine, I’ll do this for your sake, Dr. Kim.” Mrs. Lee said while batting her eyelashes at Suho and purposely squeezing her chest to show off her cleavage.

Suho feel uncomfortable by the gesture and quickly turns his face away.

“What a .” Yifan murmured, a little loud for the woman to hear.

Mrs. Lee glares at Yifan, “Did you just called me a ?”

“I just said what a and I never said it was you.” Yifan shrugs, looking innocent if it wasn’t for his smirk, “Why are you so sensitive? Did you unknowingly think that you are indeed one that’s why you respond to me?”

She’s about to fight back but noticing Suho watching the whole scene, she purses her lips angrily.

“You… urgh… I’ll remember this very well, Wu Yifan.”

Mrs. Lee then grabs her son’s arm and drags him out from the office while Yifan eagerly waved his hand to bid her goodbye. Watching these scene unfold made Suho slightly respect the way Yifan deals with a hard situation.

“I’m very sorry for the inconvenience that my son had caused.” Yifan turns and bows to the principal, genuinely apologizing.

“It is fine. I’m used to it. Go home and get some rest. We’ll see each other again tomorrow.”

Sehunnie, lets go now and say thank you to your principal.” Yifan instructs the child who nods eagerly, happy to go home earlier.

“Thank you, principal and bye-bye!”

The four of them then stepped out from the office, heading towards the parking lot. Their cars coincidentally parked beside each other. (Actually Suho recognizes Yifan’s car and purposely parked beside his car.)

“Why Yixing isn’t able to come?” Yifan took out his keys and pressed the button to unlock his car.

“Luhan-hyung was caught up in the meeting. You know how protective Luhan-hyung is.”

Yes, he and Luhan had made up two days after their argument when Luhan went to his clinic to apologize and he, too, apologizes to the elder for disrespecting him, knowing that Luhan only wants the best for him. They never mentioned about him and Yifan again.

Suho’s gentleman-like smile just claws Yifan’s memory of the outright flirting that happened earlier which bubbles up his anger again. He waits for the kids to enter the car before spatting in the still smiling one.

“I couldn’t believe you. My Ge just died and you already flirting with another woman.”

“Correction, Jiaheng died five years ago and I only have known his death about it three months ago.” Yifan’s about to argue back when Suho approaches him, “I didn’t go flirting with that woman, she is the one who initiated it. Even though I do want to move on, why would I move on with a married woman?” Suho’s invading Yifan’s personal 5ft. anti-Suho’s space which makes arguing back a bit harder now that Suho leaned on his car, eyeing him very closely. “And I prefer men more than women, if you want to know.”

Maybe Yifan choke a little, “Still… you can say no.”

“You sounded like a jealous lover right now who caught his lover with another person.” Suho watches amusedly how Yifan tries to glare as if blush isn’t slowly creeping on the younger’s cheeks.

He didn’t mean to sound like that. He just, only feels dissatisfied that Suho just let, or rather egged that even more to go flirting with him.

“I-it wasn’t like that. I only feel unfair towards my Ge who loved you too much until…” He sacrifice himself to gave birth to your son.

“Until what?”

“Until his deathbed of course.” Yifan bit his lips, do you really want to expose Sehun’s identity to this man?

It was the small voices that made him snap and turn to look behind Suho which the other one looks also, revealing Tao pushing Sehun nearer.

“Uncle Suho, can Sehunnie ask a question?” Sehun asks, even tugging Suho’s pants.

“Sehunnie, who told you to come out?” Yifan at his son, his Ge’s son that causes all the troubles for the day, “And stop that tugging, don’t be so rude.”

“It is okay, Yifan-ssi.” Suho then bends down a little. “What is it that you want to ask, hmm?”

“Are you married?”

Suho lets out a small chuckle, “I’m not.”

“Why? Don’t you have someone that you love?”

“Well…” Suho then turns to look at Yifan who seems to be also taken aback by the child’s question?

“What do you look me at? And Sehunnie, stop asking that question. You’re making Uncle Suho uncomfortable.” Yifan said before he carries his baby into his arms or this child might cause another trouble again.

Sehun juts out his lips, “Sehunnie didn’t mean to make Uncle Suho uncomfortable. Sehunnie was curious, that all.”

“Whatever you say. Let’s go home now. Say goodbye to Tao and Uncle Suho.”

“Bye-bye, Tao. Bye-bye, Uncle Suho.” Sehun says as he waves his hand excitedly.

Yifan puts Sehun onto the passenger seat before buckling the seat belt. He then hops up into the driver seat and drive off from the compound with Suho follow suit. What they didn’t know was that Sehun had planned something in his mind that’s going to change their future forever.


A/n: Just in case if you all wondering, Taohun is going to be Krisho's Cupid.