Chapter Thirty Two

Love Between Us

A/n: I'm very sorry for not updating quite a long time. I'm having some crisis at my old job making me resigned. l was quite lucky that I managed to find a new job in short time.


Suho blinked his eyes for few times. He then turned his head to look at the clock on his bedside table which glares 6:30 a.m. This explains why the sky’s still a bit dark. He must have used to woke up around this time almost every day to which why he’s automatically awaken by now.

A soft snort hits his ear. Only then he remembered that yesterday was his and Yifan’s wedding and they are currently sleeping on the same bed. He then turn around to face his husband and a small smile appears on his lips as he watches his now husband still sleeping peacefully,  hugging his white alpaca doll.

Despite the fact that his husband is currently in his deep sleep, he still looks very ethereal making him think that he wouldn’t mind to stare at Yifan for hours until his husband finally wakes up from his sleep.

The only problem was the offending bolster pillow in between them that was placed by Yifan last night. As usual, his husband was being his sassy self, saying that he didn’t want him to take advantage of him while he was sleeping to which is a very ridiculous claim.

Yes, he may had held Yifan’s hand without his permission for few times, but that was only to tease his husband and induce some reaction from him. Aside from that, he definitely wouldn’t dare to do anything without his husband’s permission.

He snap out from his thoughts as he heard a small whimper come out from his husband’s lips. His heart ached when he saw his husband’s expression morphing into distress. It looks like Yifan is having a nightmare and he should wake him up.

“Yeobo, wake up.”

Suho gently shakes his husband’s body, but there is no indication that his husband is going to wake up soon and he is getting worried when his husband starts to grip the sheet tightly.

“Yeobo, please wake up.” Suho tries again, this time, he shakes Yifan’s body harder.

And it works.A few seconds later, Yifan open his eyes. He suddenly sits up from the bed and hugged Suho. Suho was clearly shocked by his husband’s action, but he immediately snapped out of it when Yifan starts to cry and quickly rub his husband’s back.

“What is wrong, yeobo?” Suho gently asked as he continues to rub Yifan’s back, hoping that it’ll calm him down.

“I-I dream back the day when I received the news about Ge’s death.”

Suho halts his movement, “That was your nightmare?”

“I-It was horrible. It feel that every part of my soul is being pulled out from me when I got to the hospital to identify his body and also…” Yifan quickly stopped his words mid sentence when he finally realize that he is in Suho’s embrace.

“Also what?”

“My only family had died.” Yifan answered. He then pushed Suho away. A small blush then crept onto his cheek while thinking how could he had hugged Suho and show the weaker side of him. “I’m sorry…”

“It is fine, Yeobo. Do you always have this nightmare?”

“Not really. It was quite frequent after my Ge died, but it wasn’t that frequent as I moved here.” Yifan replies with his head ducked down. He is too embarrassed to face his husband right now.

Suho didn’t know what to say since he never thought that Yifan still dreams about Jiaheng’s death. Also, seeing how distressed his husband was because of that nightmare made him feel more helpless because he didn’t know how to stop Yifan’s nightmare, or more like, Yifan’s pain.

“Go back to sleep, yeobo. It is still early and you must have been still tired because of our wedding yesterday.”

“B-But…”

“Don’t worry, Yeobo. I’m here. You wouldn’t be alone anymore.”

Although it was just a simple sentence, those words somehow touched Yifan’s heart a little.

It had been such a long time since I heard those words.

“Thank you.” Yifan muttered softly before he lays back on the bed.

Minutes later, Yifan fall into deep sleep as Suho watch him. A small smile then appears on Suho’s lips.

“You’re welcome, Yeobo.”

 


 

Suho wakes up from his sleep for the second time. When did he had fallen back to sleep? Could it be during the time when he was watching his husband sleeping?

He turned to look at the space beside him and he couldn’t help from frowning when he realized the space beside him was empty. Where did his husband went to? He knows that Yifan couldn’t be inside the bathroom because the door was slightly left ajar. He immediately got his answer when he heard a sound coming from the kitchen. His husband must have woken up and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for them.

Somehow, the thought making him feel giddy inside because this is what he dreamed in his whole life where his spouse will prepare the breakfast every morning and they’ll eat together before going to work. Although he wasn’t able to achieve it with Jiaheng, at least he can achieve half of it with Yifan.

He should get up from bed and washed himself before Yifan finish preparing their breakfast. He then climbs down from the bed before heading towards the bathroom.

 


 

Yifan place down the last plate on the table. Today, he’d decided to have a western breakfast with hotdogs, fried egg and also bread that also comes together with orange juice which he had blend himself.

He knows that Sehun will like it, but he can’t say for sure if his husband will be okay with the breakfast that he prepared for them. Let’s just hope Suho isn’t as choosy as Sehun.

He then takes off his apron and placed it on the counter. He headed towards his room first to call his husband before he went to wake Sehun up.

He knocks at the door then hears Suho yelling from the inside that the door isn’t locked. He turns the knob and pushed the door. His movements stop and gulps as he watches his husband put on a t-shirt. Yesterday, he only catch a glimpse of Suho’s toned abs, but now, he had saw most of it.

“Yeobo?”

Yifan quickly snaps out of it. He couldn’t help from wondering, had he been caught staring openly at Suho’s abs?

“What is it?”

“L-La…”

Yifan’s words suddenly stuck on his tongue. He’s actually been thinking while cooking of how should he address his husband from today onwards and he finally gets it, but somehow his tongue betrays him.

He decided to give it a second time, “La-lao Kong, the breakfast is ready.”

Finally, I can say it. He thought in relief.

“What did you just call me?” Suho asks with slight disbelief look on his face. Did he heard it wrongly?

Yifan narrowed his eyes, “I called you ‘Lao Kong’ to which I think you should have known the meaning of it. If you have problem with that, at least be glad that I didn’t call you jerk.”

Yifan then stomped out from the room. Suho could only stand dumbfounded because of Yifan’s sudden behavior. He didn’t mind Yifan calling him Lao Kong. It never occurred to him that his husband will call him that since their relationship is still in the early stage. At least his husband is back to himself again.

He steps out from their room and headed towards the kitchen. Along the way, he bump into his husband and Sehun. Both of them were just coming out from Sehun’s room.

“Good morning, Appa!” Sehun greeted excitedly.

“Morning, Sehunnie. Did you have a nice sleep last night?” Suho asked as he smile at the kid.

“Yes, Sehunnie did. Appa, let us go breakfast. Sehunnie is hungry.” Sehun said as he grab his new Appa’s hand. He then drags Suho towards the dining room, leaving a frowning Yifan behind.

Of course he is happy for his baby because Sehun finally reunites with his real father, but he couldn’t help from being jealous because he used to be the center of Sehun’s world, but now it looks like his place had been replaced by Suho. Still, no matter he didn’t like this new changes, he needs to learn to accept it and adapt to his new role which is Suho’s husband.

He then headed towards the dining room. Suho and Sehun were already seated on the dining chair. He lets out a small sigh before he went to sit down on the chair beside Suho.

“Mama, why are you walking so slow? Sehunnie is hungry and we’re waiting for you.”

Yifan mentally rolls his eyes at his brat’s attitude. He wants to reprimanded Sehun because of that, but Suho cut him off.

“Sehunnie, don’t be rude towards your mama. That’s not nice. You need to respect the elders. And mama must be tired because of our wedding yesterday.” Suho reprimanded gently.

Yifan was a bit shock upon hearing that because it never occurred to him that Suho will help him to discipline Sehun with his behavior since Suho easily gives in to Sehun’s demand.

Looks like he’s adapting to his new role very quickly.

Sehun then ducked down his head. He’d never thought that his appa will scold him for his behavior and he didn’t liked it one bit at all because he wants to impress his appa so that his appa will like him.

“Mama, Sehunnie is sorry. Sehunnie didn’t meant to be rude.” Sehun quickly apologize.

“It is fine, Sehunnie. I’m not that angry. Let us start eating. I purposely wake up early so that I can prepare this breakfast for you. Do you like it?”

Sehun eagerly bobs his head. Yifan’s lips immediately curled into smile after he see that. He does feel a little bad that his brat was reprimanded by Suho a minute ago. Still, it was necessary in order to discipline his brat.

He then proceed on eating his food. He was about to bite when he realize his husband staring at him.

“Why are you staring at me?”

“You should smile more often. It makes you look…” Yifan’s brows goes up as Suho keeps on gesturing with his hands, “ermm… how do I say this… oh! Look more friendly.”

Yifan chokes on his saliva, “What?”

“I meant it.” Suho takes a sip from his orange juice, “Where did you buy this orange juice? It’s very nice.” He continued, immediately changing the subject.

Yifan huffs since he knows what Suho’s been trying to do now, but he’ll let this matter go for now.

“I didn’t buy it. I blend it myself.”

“You blend it by yourself? But when did you bought oranges?”

Yifan rolled his eyes, “Have you forgotten that we went to supermarket together one day before our moving day because your fridge were almost empty? You should be thankful that I forced you that day because if not, we surely wouldn’t have anything to eat today.”

“I’ve forgotten about that.” Suho winces as he scratches his cheek.

“Look, I know that you’re used on eating outside since you didn’t know how to cook. However, starting from today onwards, you can consider yourself a lucky man because you can finally get the opportunity to eat home cooked meals which was prepared by me.”

“Err… Am I supposed to say thank you?”

“Yes, you should. I’ll prefer if you start on worshipping me like I’m superior than you.” Yifan then shove the hotdog into his mouth.

Suho didn’t give any comment on that since he’s starting to get used to Yifan’s sarcastic comments. After all, he is going to live with it for eternity.

The three of them then start eating in silent, but it didn’t last long because of Sehun who finished his breakfast very quickly, decides to ask a question.

“Mama, can Sehunnie stay at home tomorrow?”

“Have you forgotten that you need to go to the kindergarten tomorrow? Are you still tired? If you were, you can go back to sleep after this.”

Sehun jutted out his lips because his request was denied, “But, mama, Sehunnie wants to stay home so that Sehunnie can spend more time with appa.”

Both Suho and Yifan were clearly in shock seeing their mirroring expression on each faces.

“Sehunnie, it is not that I don’t want to let you stay home tomorrow, but we’ve already asked two days off from your principal since the last Friday and today. Don’t you miss your teachers and your classmates? Also, what about Tao?”

“But…” Tears start gathered inside Sehun’s eyes, “They already have appa since they were small and Sehunnie only got Appa now! Why Sehunnie can’t stay at home with Appa? And Taotao definitely will understand after Sehunnie told him the real reason!”

Yifan bites his lips as he didn’t know what to say now and his heart had broke into million pieces after hearing Sehun’s outburst. There is partly his fault for separating Sehun from his real father. He jumps a little when Suho suddenly pats his shoulder.

“Let me handle this, yeobo.”

Yifan nods his head. Suho sends a small smile towards his husband before he gets up from his chair. He then went towards Sehun and kneel in front of the kid.

“Sehun-ah, don’t cry. Appa doesn’t like it.” Suho starts as he wipes the tears from Sehun’s cheek using his thumb, “Appa do appreciated that Sehun wants to stay at home with Appa. However, education is very important. Don’t you want to grow up as a bright adult in the future?”

“But…”

“Please go to the kindergarten tomorrow, okay? We can go together to your kindergarten and also, it is not like appa is going anywhere. Appa will forever be here. We can watch tv or play together after you come back from kindergarten.”

“Promise?”

Suho smiled as he makes a pinky promise with Sehun, “I promise.”

“Yeah!”

Sehun then hugs his appa while Suho lets out a small chuckle because of Sehun’s action. Yifan was left stunned upon watching the scene. He couldn’t help from admiring the way Suho used to coax his brat. Maybe he worries too much after all because it looks like Suho had adapted quickly and well in his role as Sehun’s father.