Chapter Twenty-Nine

Love Between Us

Yifan and Sehun are sitting on the bench at the park as they wait for Suho to pick them up. To be frank, Yifan is a bit nervous to go out with Suho today. Yes, they did go out together for few times for their wedding preparation, but this time it is different because Sehun is with them today.

“Mama, when Appa is going to come?” Sehun inquires as his legs swing back and forth.

Yifan then takes a glance at his watch. There’s still two minutes left before it reaches eleven a.m.

“I think very soon, baby.” He answers. He takes out a tissue packet from his pocket as he notice the sweat in his baby’s forehead.

“Sehunnie can’t wait! Sehunnie used to heard from Sehunnie’s classmates about them talking about their appa and Sehunnie was felt a bit left out, but no more. Sehunnie finally can join them to talk about appa.”

Wiping the child’s sweat becomes a challenge as his hands tensed, feeling guilty upon hearing Sehun’s outburst. He never knows that. He used to think that Sehun was fine without having a father figure in his life, but all was wrong. Thus, no matter how afraid he was about their upcoming future, there is no turning back for him aside from becoming Suho’s husband.

“Mama! Appa has arrived!” Sehun exclaimed excitedly as he pointed towards Suho’s car.

Sehun quickly climbs down from the bench and run towards his appa as he saw Suho coming down from his car without even waiting for his mama. He then hugs his appa’s leg tightly.

“Appa!”

“Hey there, kiddo. How are you?” Suho matches the child’s grin as he runs his hand thru Sehun’s raven hair.

“I’m fine, appa. Sehunnie missed you! Do you missed Sehunnie too?”

“Of course.” Suho assures as his lips slowly curls into smile.

“How about mama? Do you missed mama too?”

Suho was slightly taken aback by that question. There is no denying that he did missed his fiance although they messaged each other almost everyday. Still, he can’t confess it to his future son. He didn’t want to risk Sehun telling it to Yifan. It is still early for Yifan to know his real feelings.

“Well, I…”

Suho’s words were cut off by Yifan who’s headed towards them. Once again, his eyes can’t stop roaming on Yifan’s body. The younger looks good looking as usual, wearing a white t-shirt partnered with long sleeve denim jacket.

“Wu Sehun! How many times do I have to tell don’t ever run?” Yifan scolds with both of his hands on his hips.

Sensing the Mama’s impending anger, Sehun quickly hides behind Suho’s legs.

“Please don’t be mad at Sehun. He must’ve been too excited see me.” Suho said, trying to ease the tensed atmosphere.

Yifan wants to comment about that especially when that brat looked so smug that he’s being backed up by his new appa. But, he changes his mind because he doesn’t want to lead a small topic into another argument.

“Fine, whatever you said. Let us go now. We need to stop by many places today.”

“I thought we only need to go to the bookstore and maybe have lunch before I send both of you back here?”

“Sehunnie, can you go to the car first? ”

Sehun’s lips juts out a little, “Why mama always ask Sehunnie to leave when mama want to talk with appa? Is there something mama and appa want to hide from Sehunnie?”

“Be a good boy, okay? I promise to treat you lunch later on.” Suho quickly said before Sehun gets scolded by Yifan again.

“Appa better keep your promise.”

Suho’s lips then curled into smile, “Of course, I’ll keep it.”

Sehun then climbs into the passenger, leaving both of his parents behind.

“We haven’t married yet, but you’re already starting to pamper my son which I must say a bit too much.”

“I don’t see anything wrong with it.” Suho shrugs which infuriates Yifan more, “Yes, I can see that you wanted Sehun to be disciplined, but if you’re being strict all the time, it’ll not be good for the child’s development.”

“Are you criticizing my parenting method right now?” Yifan snaps back.

“What? Of course not.” Suho waves his hands dismissively, “Please don’t misunderstand. I had taken child psychology course when I was still a medical student. I only want to share to you what had I’ve learned.”

“Tsk…” Yifan grits, folding his arms across his chest, “I seriously don’t want to argue with you again. It’ll make the situation between us become awkward.”

“I’m sorry if I somehow offended you again. That wasn’t really my real intention.”

“Let us forget about this matter and focus on the main thing. The thing that I want to tell you before we’re interrupted by Sehun is that we need to stop at a furniture shop and bakery shop.”

“I can understand why do we need to stop at bakery shop, but why furniture shop?”

“We need buy to beds, for Sehun and also us. Sehun is getting taller and his bed doesn’t fit him anymore. Maybe we should buy adult bed for him instead.”

“What do you mean that we also need a new bed? My bed is still perfectly fine.”

Yifan rolled his eyes, “I know that, but you sleep in a single bed. We need a bigger bed for the two of us.”

“Y-you mean we’re going to sleep in same bed?” Suho asks as he stares at his fiance in disbelief.

“Of course we are.” Yifan couldn’t help but to roll his eyes again. How dumb this gremlin can be? Is this man really going to become his future husband?

“I don’t want Sehun to inquire us why we did sleep separate in room. Although I didn’t like it, but we still need to act like perfect parents in front of Sehun.” Yifan explains as he didn’t want Suho to think he was that eager to sleep in the same bed with him.

“But, still…”

Yifan furrows his eyebrows. He can’t understand why Suho was very against them sleeping in the same bed together. He isn’t demanding to have any intimate bed activities since he’s still very wary about it. Rather than wasting his time thinking the answer, he decided to ask the elder directly.

“Why are you so against us sleeping in same bed? Are you scared that I’m going to take advantage of you? The one who should be scare is me since po…”

Suho quickly cuts off Yifan’s words, “Fine… fine, just stop. I’ll do as per you say. You just wouldn’t let that incident go, do you?”

“Nope.” Yifan replied as he emphasize the letter ‘P’.

A small sigh then escapes from Suho’s lips, “In my opinion, why don’t we just buy a bed for us? Sehun can take my bed. My bed is still in good condition. It’ll be very wasted to throw it away.”

Yifan tapped his chin, “I suppose you’re right. Then that settles it. We’ll only buy one bed for us.”

“Good. Should we go now?”

“Yeah, sure.”

Yifan then climbs into the car. Another sigh escaped from Suho’s lips. It is still quite early, yet he and his fiance had fall into another argument. He need to watch his words carefully from now on if he don’t want to accidentally offend his sensitive fiancé again.

 


They walked out from the bookstore after paying for Sehun’s five storybooks, more like Suho paying for it although Yifan did tried to stop him from doing that, but Suho insisted and he quickly handed his credit card to the cashier making Yifan didn’t have a choice but to let the elder to pay for it.

They then decided to have lunch first before going to the furniture shop. His brat tried to persuade his new appa to eat at a fast food restaurant and of course, he was a hundred percent against it. However, Suho immediately give in to Sehun’s demand. And once again, Yifan loses with that argument. After all, it is one against two.

Thus, here they are. Inside the McDonald's. Yifan and Sehun went to sit down first while Suho went to order their food. They choose the table with leather seats since Sehun likes to sit on it.

“Mama, are we going home after this?”

“No, baby. We need to go furniture shop then bakery shop after this.”

“Bakery shop?” Sehun’s eyes lits up upon hearing ‘bakery shop’, “Mama, can Sehunnie eat cake today?” He asks as he stares at his mama using his puppy eyes.

A defeated sigh then comes out from Yifan’s lips, “Fine, but only one piece and you have to eat more vegetables after this.”

“Okay!” Sehun chippers excitedly.

“What it is that both of you are talking about?” Suho asks while holding a tray that contains their food and drinks.

“Appa! Mama promised to let Sehunnie eat cake today.”

“Ahh… Is that so? What is your favourite?”

“Chocolate cake!”

“Then appa will buy it for you.”

“Thank you, appa.”

“You’re welcome, Sehun-ah. Here is your chicken burger and drink. This is your chicken burger and also your hot tea, Yifan-ah.” Suho said after he puts down the two chicken burgers and the drinks in front of his fiancé and Sehun.

He raises his eyebrows when he realize that Yifan didn’t give any response to him.

“Yifan?” He calls out as he waves his hand in front of Yifan’s hand.

Yifan finally snaps out from his reverie. He was too engrossed watching the scene of Suho interact with Sehun. Just like how a father interact with his son.

“Are you okay, Yifan-ah?” Suho asks in concern.

“I’m fine. I was thinking about something just now which is why I didn’t hear you the first time.”

“Is that so? Let us start eating.” Suho replies as he sit down in front of his fiance.

“Okay.”

Gē, are you watching this right now? I finally reunite them after five years.

 

 


The three of them were eating in silence although Sehun occasionally ask questions to his new appa. Being the ever patience man that he is, Suho tried his best to answer every questions.

“Sehunnie, stop distracting Appa. He also needs to eat.” Yifan reprimands his baby as he saw Suho starts having troubles entertaining Sehun.

Sehun’s lips then jutted in a small pout but he still obeys his mama and sit quietly, eating his oreo sundae.

Yifan shakes his head upon seeing Sehun’s behavior. He then continue biting his burger. He quickly swallow down when he realized Suho was staring at him again.

“What are you staring at?”

“You got mayonnaise on your face.”

“Where?”

Suho pointed at his cheek. He chuckles softly when Yifan tried to wipe it using the tissue, but wasn’t able to wipe the mayonnaise off his cheek.

He decided to help his fiancé. He gets up from his chair and took the tissue from Yifan’s hand making the younger jump in shock. He then used it to wiped the mayonnaise from Yifan’s cheek.

“There. I had help you wipe it off.”

“T-thank you.” Yifan mumbled as blush slowly creeping up onto his cheek.

“You’re welcome.”

A small smile then forms on Suho’s lips when he spots the blush on Yifan’s cheek. He wanted to say Yifan looks very cute right now but he didn’t want to ruin this nice atmosphere between them right now.

“Mama, why is your face red?”

“I-it is getting hot in here.” Yifan quickly lies. He feels so embarrassed right now because his baby had saw the blush on his face and even had said it aloud.

Suho finally can’t hold it anymore. A laughter then come out from his lips.

“What are you laughing at?” Yifan spats as he send piercing glare towards Suho. This all his fault.

“Nothing. Just finish eating your burger, Yifan-ah.”

Yifan wants to say something since he believes Suho is mocking him, but he didn’t because he doesn’t want to cause a commotion in a public place. The only thing he can do was to send another glare towards Suho before biting his burger angrily.

 

 


“I’ve had  a good time today, Yifan-ah. Thanks for inviting me out today.” Suho said.

Both of them are standing in front of Yifan’s apartment while Sehun had gone to his room after he bid his appa goodbye.

“I was having a great time today too. However, I still don’t agree with you giving into my son’s demand all the times. He was supposed to eat one piece of cake, not two.”

“Our son, Yifan-ah.”

Yifan gulps upon hearing that. He quickly avert his eyes when Suho was staring at him intensely.

“I don’t see any harm letting Sehun eat more cakes. It is fine to let the kid indulge once in a while.” Suho then shrugs, making Yifan clicking his tongue in annoyance.

“Oh yeah, I had booked the studio next weekend for us to take the wedding picture. Bring Sehun along. The three of us are going to take picture together.”

“Eh? What? But why?”

A small chuckle then comes out from Suho’s lips, “Because I want to.” He then puts his hand on top of Yifan’s shoulder, “Go get some rest, Yifan-ah. I’ll see you in another week. Bye.”

“B-bye.”

Suho sends another smile to Yifan before he walks away from there. Yifan then leans against the door as he rubs his chest to calm down his racing heart.

Just what did this gremlin had done to me?