Chapter Twenty Seven

Love Between Us

When Suho told him that he was living in the penthouse, Yifan didn’t have high expectations about it. He thought that Suho lives in an ordinary penthouse. Thus, it come to his shock to see the penthouse that Suho lives in is actually a two floors penthouse. Since the penthouse was at highest floor, it also allowed him to see the outside view.

He then looks around the penthouse. All the interior was painted in white; from the wall to the furnitures up to the high ceiling. He then headed towards the living room. He can see that there were two rooms at the lower floor. He also noticed the computer desk on the upper floor and there was a rack full of books behind it. Without a doubt, this must be Suho’s office.

His eyebrows twitched and his inner clean freak demon comes out when he finally saw how messy the living room was. The coffee table was full of takeout boxes while there are magazines and clothes scattered around the sofa and also on the floor.

Such a beautiful house, yet destroyed by this mess. He pitied while frowning.

“Are you planning to turn your living room into a dumpster? Because if you were, you indeed are doing a good job on it.”

“I told you, my cleaner was on sick leave and I had been quite busy lately.” Suho quickly explained. He was right after all that his fiancé is going to blurt something sarcastic and some mockery upon seeing his house’s condition.

Yifan scoffed upon hearing Suho’s excuse, “I have a busy job too. Not only that, I have a five years old brat, yet I still managed to keep my apartment clean without any help.”

Suho raises his hands in surrendering manner, knowing it to be futile to argue with his fiancé.

“You’re right. There was no excuse for my lazy behavior.”

“It is very good that you know your own mistake.” Suho felt like being scolded by his mom as he watches the younger slides his fingertips on some furnitures, wincing in disgust with the dirt building up on the process, “So today will be our cleaning day. I’ll help you clean the whole house.”

“Eh? You want to clean the whole house?”

“Of course. If the living room was already in such mess, I can’t imagine how your room or other places will look like.”

“Well…” Suho averts his eyes since he didn’t know what kind of plausible excuse that he should give in order please Yifan.

Well, he brought his own demise the moment he kneeled down with a ring he forcefully gave to the nightmare who’s now looking totally annoyed with everything.

“See, I was right after all.” Yifan scoffed as he folded his arms across his chest, “I couldn’t imagine how did you and my Ge managed to live together for three whole years since my Ge isn’t a tidy person too.”

“I hired a cleaner too at that time.” Suho confessed as he rubs the nape of his neck.

“You should feel lucky because your future husband, who is unfortunately me, is a very clean person. When we start to live together, I don’t want to see any of this mess. Do you understand me?”

“Yes, I understand.” Suho answered. They aren’t married yet he’s already cowering and whipped out in Yifan’s hand.

“Go get the plastic bag now. We’ll start cleaning this living room before proceeding to another area.”

“Yes, I’ll go get it now.”

Yup, he is indeed whipped. He even willingly had become his fiancè’s slave.

Suho headed towards his kitchen. He opened one of the drawer and takes out few plastic bags from it. He then headed back towards the living room where Yifan had already started arranging the magazines.

His magazines.

His blood runs cold when he finally remembers something. He quickly runs towards his fiance, but it was already too late as Yifan is already holding it and his expression saying it all. That he was disgusted by his own discovery.

“It wasn’t mine!” Suho quickly said and he feels stupid right now for denying that magazine was owned by him when he was living alone.

“So you mean to tell me that this magazine had wings and flew all the way from the shop to here?”

See, even his fiance is thinking the same.

“L-let me explain. I was curious and I’m a man that had… certain needs to be fulfilled.” Suho finished his rambling with a blush on his cheek and the tips of his ear turned red to which Yifan had noticed.

He kinda looks cute right now… wait a minuteㅡ what the hell am I thinking? How could I ever think this gremlin looks cute?

“What are you? Some kind of teenager? Also, you just leave it here. Aren’t you scared that your cleaner would have discovered it?”

“I was planning to throw it away after that… you know…”

Yifan raised up his hand to stop Suho from explaining further. He really didn’t want to know about much details of Suho’s life.

“Please… just stop explaining it to me and make this situation become more awkward, ok? I’ll... forget that this ever happened.” Yifan pleaded, as if he isn’t the one questioning the questionable man with his questionable magazines.

“Okay… Okay… I’ll stop now.”

“Bring the plastic bag here.”

Suho then gives the plastic bag to Yifan and the first thing Yifan did was to throw the magazine inside the plastic bag while he could only stand there, dumbfounded by Yifan’s sudden action.

“I had to throw it away because I don’t want Sehun to discover this magazine and ask me why there are men inside it.” Yifan explained when he saw Suho’s shocked expression.

“I…” Suho then let out a defeated sigh, “Just do whatever you want, Yifan-ah. I wouldn’t go against it at all.”

Yifan raises his eyebrows but didn’t say anything. He continued to collect the takeout boxes while Suho takes all of his dirty clothes from the sofa and also from the floor.

Suho was about to bring his clothes to the laundry room when Yifan stopped him.

“Can you bring the vacuum later?”

“Yeah, sure.”

Suho quickly headed towards the laundry room. Yifan was right, the situation indeed had gotten awkward because of that stupid magazine. He should have thrown it away when he had the chance to do so. Now, he is going to suffer for hours while being stuck with his fiance in this house.

 


It took Yifan almost three hours to clean the penthouse since the house was quite big and Suho didn’t help much with the cleaning. It wasn’t because the elder was being lazy or something, but Suho was quite slow in doing the house chores, making him become frustrated after seeing it, thus he then ordered the gremlin to stay in his room until he had finished cleaning the house.

He was wiping the television cabinet when he spot the picture of his Ge with Suho, the same picture that he’s still in safekeeping until now. Their first anniversary picture. And he didn’t know how to explain it… but it made him feel angry upon looking at the picture.

“Yifan?”

Yifan almost jumped in shock because of that. He rubbed his chest to calm down his racing heart.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I was wondering have you finished cleaning? Do you still need any of my help? I know that I could be very slow in doing the house chores, but still, I want to help a little bit. It’s making me feel bad letting you doing all the cleaning alone.” Suho said as he scratch his cheek.

Sensing the elder’s distress, Yifan throws the dirty rag inside the water bucket.

“I actually had finished cleaning all the area. The only thing left for me to do is to dispose this dirty water. So, can you help me throw the rubbish bags?”

“Is there anything else that you want me to do?”

“That’ll be it. And make it fast. We need to go pick up Sehun after this.”

“Okay.”

Suho grabs the two plastic bags from the floor. He wears his slippers before he walks out from his house. He then headed towards the waste room and throws the plastic bags inside the trash bin.

He went back inside his house. He was taking off his slipper when he heard Yifan’s scream and a loud thud coming inside from the washroom. Fearing that something bad may happen to his fiance, he quickly dashes towards washroom.

He turns the knob, letting a relieved sigh as the door wasn’t lock. He pushes the door and his eyes widened a little when he saw Yifan was sitting on the floor while holding his ankle.

He immediately headed towards his fiance who has pained expression written all over his face.

“What happened? I heard your screamㅡ”

“Iㅡ” Yifan cutted Suho’s rambling, “I accidentally slipped. As result, I fall down onto the floor and I may had sprained my ankle.”

It took all Yifan’s will power to prove he’s alright but the pain that shooted isn’t bearable enough that causes him to hold onto Suho.

“Just stop moving for a second. Let me check.”

Yifan puts down his hand. He yelped a little when Suho suddenly hold his ankle.

“It had become swollen. We need to treat it soon before it become worse. Can you get up?”

Yifan tried to get up from the floor, but he’s not able to because of the pain coming from his ankle.

“I-I can’t. It hurts” Yifan said as he shake his head. Tears started to gather inside his eyes.

Suho felt his heart ache painfully after he saw his fiance’s pained expression. It seemed that he didn’t had a choice but to carry his fiance towards the guest room. He grabbed his fiance’s arm and put it around his shoulder. He then hold Yifan’s legs and lift him up from the floor making his fiance let out a small yelp because of his action.

“Wh-what are you doing?”

“Since you can’t walk right now, I don’t have a choice, but to carry you to my guest room.”

“But…”

“Shush…”

Yifan gulped a little when Suho stared at him intensely making him avert his eyes away. He suddenly feels calm after listening to Suho’s slow and steady heartbeat as the elder carry him out from the washroom and towards the guest room.

Suho kicked the door open. He then gently puts down Yifan on the bed before he walks out from the room. Yifan just sit there as he tried to process everything. He still couldn’t believe that the elder can carry him without any struggle when he was much taller than him.

Minutes later, Suho come back inside, bringing an ointment and bandage with him. His warm hands then touched Yifan’s ankle. Yifan couldn’t stop taking his eyes off from Suho who looks so serious as he puts the ointment on his ankle.

He quickly avert his eyes away when their eyes met. Blush slowly crept up onto his cheek as he keeps thinking on how embarrassing it was that he was caught staring by Suho.

“There, we’re done.” Suho said after he finished bandaging Yifan’s ankle.

“Aren’t I’m heavy?” Yifan blurted to which Suho furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to process Yifan’s sudden question, “Huh?”

“I meant I was taller than you, but you still can carry me without any struggle all the way from the washroom to here.”

“You’re indeed taller than me. However, you’re practically weigh nothing. Do you even eat properly?” Suho asked in stern tone.

“Of course I did!” Yifan quickly defended himself, “I just didn’t eat that much and I seldom go to gym, not like you.”

“How do you know I was going to gym when I never mention to you about it?”

Yifan rolled his eyes, “I had to wash your clothes and saw your gym clothes.” Also your muscular arms. The last part was left unsaid by Yifan as he didn’t want Suho to know that he been staring at his arms quite a lot. Too much exposure and embarrassment for that day.

“I see. Yifan-ah, I think you need to stay here overnight today.”

Yifan then stared at Suho in disbelief, “Eh? You want me to stay here overnight?”

“You’re having difficulty of walking right now. I can’t let you to go home in this condition when I know there was no one to take care of you.” Suho explains.

“But… what about Sehun?”

“I’ll call Luhan-hyung to ask him to let Sehun stay with them tonight. It is just only for one night. I promise to send you back tomorrow.”

“F-Fine. It is not like I had choice.” Yifan replied as he tugged his shirt.

“Good. I’ll call the delivery for both of us since I can’t cook. Anything specific that you want to eat?”

“I’m okay with everything.”

“Then I’ll order from chinese restaurant. Is that okay with you?”

Yifan nodded his head. Suho then send a small smile towards him making his heart skip a bit. Every small actions that Suho’s been making these past few days were affecting him greatly. How is he going to survive this?