Chapter Thirteen

Love Between Us

Suho’s initial plan going to shopping mall was to walk around or maybe buy something for himself so that he can take off his mind from Jiaheng. Although it has been a month since he received the news of his lover’s death, part of him is still unableㅡor rather rejects the thoughtㅡ to believe that the man whom he had been waiting for five years is really gone.

And even to add a dash of salt on his wounds, he found out the reason why Jiaheng left five years ago was because of a misunderstanding.  If he knows beforehand that this would happen, he wouldn’t have prepared that surprise proposal party. Maybe… just maybe...Jiaheng wouldn’t have to die and he may still be here with him.

Still, despite all that, he still wants to know how did Jiaheng die. He could get that answer by asking Yifan, but judging by their last meeting, Yifan seems to be not quite fond of him (That fact saddened him a little). So he doesn’t think or even hope that Yifan would answer his calls if he ever gets the courage to call him. It is near to impossible the two of them talking as the man, his man’s brother, holds grudges at him thinking it was him driving Jiaheng to his death.

However, it never occurred to him that he would be the one who finds Yifan’s son in this large shopping mall and also be the one to reunite the mother and the son. Also, he must say that Yifan does look like a model with his blonde hair and his tall figure despite wearing a very plain blue shirt and a pair of washed out jeans. This doesn’t do any good to his heart because it bringsㅡ

“Thank you.”

A deep voice snapped him out from his inner musings. Only then he realizes Yifan was actually talking to him.

“For what?”

Yifan almost rolled his eyes, how could this man could ever be dumber? But he had to withhold himself from doing that.

“For finding my son and bringing him here.”

“Oh… that. It was nothing. I think everyone will do the same if they were in the same situation.”

Suho humbly bows which irks Yifan as the image of him looks too innocent for his own good. How double face could this man ever get?

“Well, I’m going to take my leave now.”

Yifan holds his baby’s hand and turns around to walk away from there. Although Yifan wasn’t a social butterfly, he still considers himself quite of a talker. (A sarcastic talker actually). However, being with the person who actually broke his twin’s heart, it made everything feel awkward, thus, it will be better for him to leave now and come again next time to continue shopping for Sehun’s clothes.

If the said gremlin didn’t touch his shoulder. “Wait a minute. You still owe me something.”

Yifan stopped his steps. He just couldn’t believe this man. How could he ask for more? Is his gratitude not enough for him? How could this man be...so so? He turns his body forcefully in fury and to remove the man’s filthy touch on his shoulder.

“Owe you? Do you want me to pay you or something for finding my son? Is that what you want?” Isn’t luring my brother to his end isn’t enough?

“Ermm...no.” Suho rubbed his neck awkwardly. “That isn’t what I want. I’m sincere in wanting to help your sonㅡ”

“Then why do you said “I owe you” in the first place? Do you even know the meaning of those words? And here I thought you are a genius man, doctor.”

To be frank, Suho was quite a bit shock by Yifan’s attitude. Jiaheng did tell him that Yifan can be a bit sassy sometimes, but this...definitely isn’t a little sassy.

“I apologize for that. I should have worded my sentence better. I actually want to say that you owe me an explanation of how did Jiaheng die. You didn’t mention anything about it when you brought me to his resting place. I really need to know that.”

“Oh...you want to know how my ge died. Hmm... Let see.” Yifan pretends to think as he taps his chin, “My Ge died because of a broken heart? Which by the way, is caused by none other than you. Satisfied? Now, if you'll excuse us, I need to take my leave. Now.” Yifan said, voice dripping in pure sarcasm.

Yifan was about to leave with Sehun, but he wasn’t able to do so when Suho, being bolder, grabbed his arm.

“Look, I’m not in the mood to play around with you. Can’t you just tell me the real reason how did he die?”

“Neither do I. Let me go now,” Yifan said with an annoying tone as he tried to pull his arm, but the tight grip on his arm is making him unable to do that.

Oh my god….how strong this petite man can be?

“I’ll let go if you just tell me the truth.”

“Didn’t I already said thatㅡ”

Yifan’s words were then cut off by Sehun’s whining.

“Mama…Sehunnie is hungry. Can we go to eat?”

Suho saw his opportunity when he heard that.

“You’re hungry? How about Uncle treat you and your mama?”

Yifan’s eyes widened in shock. Before he can object it, his words were once again cutted off by Sehun.

“Really? Can Sehunnie eat everything Sehunnie want?”

“Yes. What do you want to eat?”

“Can we eat McDonald’s? It has been a long, loooong time since Sehunnie eats fast food. Mama doesn’t like it because mama said it is not healthy.” Sehun replied honestly. Yifan can only stare at his little boy in disbelief.

“Of course. I’ll even let you eat ice cream.”

Sehun’s eyes then glint in delight, “Yeah! Let us go now!”

Sehun then grabbed Suho and starts dragging him towards the said restaurant while Suho can only chuckle at the kid's behavior. Sehun was too excited to get his ice cream without realizing that his mama wasn’t even following them.

“Yah! Wu Sehun!” Yifan yelled hoping to stop the kid, but that bratty kid was already too far away to hear him. He let out a frustrated sigh before he starts chasing his baby and Suho.

 

 


 

Yifan’s glares at Sehun has been nonstop since they entered the fast food chain yet his silent threats has been futile since the kid was too engrossed eating his burger. Oh… this kid will definitely going to get it once they get home.

“Ehmm…”

“What?” Yifan asked now giving his murderous glare to the man who caused his precious baby to disobey him.

“How…did…Jiaheng died?” Suho stuttered a little. If looks can kill, for sure, he will be dead by now.

“Fine… he died in car accident,” Yifan said the first thing that pops up in his mind.

Suho almost drops his spoon as he slowly absorbs the information. “How?”

“I couldn’t remember that much. That day was just too painful for me. I received a call from the hospital that Ge was in the emergency ward because he was involved in an accident and when I reached there, it was too late. Ge had died due to blood loss.” Yifan sadly replied. It was a bit of truth that has happened minus the accident part.

“What? He doesn’t even know how to drive. How could he be involved in an accident? Was he hit?”

“He was…” Yifan gulped a little before he continues, “He didn’t saw the light had turned green when he was crossing the street and.... the driver didn’t have enough time to stop his car so Ge was hit by his car. The driver felt so guilty. He was... kneeling in front of me to apologize and...he even offered a sum of money to compensate my Ge’s death, but I reject it because you know, what is the use of that money. It’s not like that money can bring my brother back.” Yifan mentally pats himself for the ability to create a very perfect lie within a short of time.

“Is that so? If the hospital called you first, is that mean both of you had reconciled?”

“Of...Of course, we did. If not, how did I know about your dirty doing?” Yifan lied.

He and his brother never really reconciled which still was his biggest regret. Still, he isn’t going to tell Suho that his brother had kept a diary. What if Suho demanded to read that diary? He couldn’t let Suho know Sehun was actually his and Jiaheng’s son.

“I already told you it was a misunderstanding. I wouldn’t ever cheat on Jiaheng. He was the love of my life. The girl that he saw was actually my cousin. She is a designer and she finally helped me to design the perfect ring which prompted me to hug her.”

“Yeah right.” Yifan scoffed. “Who wants to believe that? My Ge wouldn’t have hide from you because of your so-called misunderstanding. He isn’t like that.” Yifan said as he glared at the man in front of him.

“Do you think I don’t know that? He is my boyfriend and we were living together for almost three years. Surely, I know about his behavior too. But now that you mention this, I remembered one month before he leaves me without notice, he was... a bit…”

“A bit of what?”

“A bit sensitive.” Yifan mirrored the scrunched expression Suho was making as if trying to remember something. “I believe that you know very well that he isn’t the type of man who cries because of mere sad or tragic movie, but he did that one month before he leaves me. Whenever I asked, he was kind of mad at me for almost two weeks and we never had talked about this anymore.”

One month before...the time Ge discovered his pregnancy. He was already three months pregnant...could it be that…

“Look, I’m not saying this to save myself from this situation. However, that really had happened and it could be some part of the reason why he left me and not just because of that stupid misunderstanding you’ve always pushing.”

“Does it really matter?  It doesn’t still going to change anything. I couldn’t understand why are you trying so hard to explain yourself to me.”

“I just want...usㅡ getting along.”

Yifan stared at Suho with disbelief written on his face, “You want us getting along? Are you for real?”

Yifan is about to throw another blows on the pathetic yet two-faced man when Sehun suddenly tugged on his sleeve. He then turned to address Sehun.

“What do you want, baby? Can you see that I’m talking with Uncle Suho right now?”

Sehun quickly shook his head upon seeing his mama’s expression. His mama then continued speaking with the kind uncle. He couldn’t understand most of the words but his mama seems angry at the kind uncle which made him wonder why because that kind uncle is very kind.

His lips then formed into a small pout as he stares at the french fries on the kind uncle’s tray. He eats his fries too fast and now he doesn’t have any. He can take his mama’s fries but his mama didn’t ordered french fries for himself which only left that kind uncle’s french fries were left.

He would ask permission, but both of them seems too absorbed and busy talking. He thinks that the kind uncle surely wouldn’t mind if he only take one or two french fries from his tray.

“Oh. So...you think that simply because you’re my Ge’s boyfriendㅡ rather ex boyfriendㅡ that we should get along? Is that what it is? I’ll…”

Yifan is unable to finish his words when Sehun suddenly stood up from his chair and saw him reaching for Suho’s tray.

“Sehunnie, what are you trying to do? Sit back down.”

Sehun was startled by his mama’s loud voice making him accidentally bump into his cup of coke float that was coincidentally in front of Suho, ending the cup loses its balance and spilling the contents onto the table and also on Suho’s white shirt.

“Oh my god...Wu Sehun, see what you have done!”

Suho quickly takes tissue from his tray to wipe off the spill from his shirt. He feels so bad for Sehun when he saw Sehun didn’t dared to raise his head up while Yifan continues on scolding him.

“Yifan-ssi, it is fine. Luckily it wasn’t my hot coffee.”

“No, it doesn’t. It is going to stain your white shirt.”

Yifan get up from his seat, even slamming the table making Suho and Sehun stare at him shockingly.

“This will not do...Come with me to the washroom, we need to remove the stain.”

“Just like I said, it is fine. I’ll just wash it once I get home.”

“I’m not in the mood to argue with you. It’s either you come with me willingly or I’m going to drag you. Trust me, you wouldn’t like the second option at all.”

Yifan’s glare, venom on his words and his threatening yet stubborn composure makes everything hard for Suho to reject the offerㅡor the taller’s command. A small sigh only escaped from his lips as a sign of defeat. “Fine.”

 

 


 

Ten minutes later, Suho starts to regret his decision for following Yifan to the washroom. At first, he was the one who tries to remove the stain from his shirt on his own. Either he was being too slow or he doesn’t know how to do it properly triggers Yifan to aggressively get tissues and wipes on the shirt with his annoyed voice that he’ll be the one would do it.

He should have said no, but Yifan send him another murderous glare again making the words stumble back on his throat which leads him in this kind of not-s-comfortable situationㅡ Yifan trying to remove the stain using wet tissues and his head being way too close to his face that he couldn’t stop himself from taking a small sniff on Yifan’s blonde hair. Even though he’s not that nice, his hair surely smells so nice.

“What did you said just now?” Yifan stopped his movement and stared at Suho.

Oh god, did I just say that out loud?

“Err...you see...I was talking about this..you know the washroom? It smells very nice. Don’t you think so?”

Suho feels like he wants to hit himself on the wall for giving such a stupid excuse when the toilet and the room itself was quite smelly and the judgemental look that Yifan giving him isn’t helping at all.

“I couldn’t remove this stain without a detergent. The hand soap wasn’t very useful.”

“That’s why I said just leave it be. I’ll wash my shirt once I get homeㅡ”

Yifan tsked Suho which made the man shut up before returning on inspecting the shirt, “It’s too late for that. The stain will be hard to remove by that time.” Yifan said in a frustrated tone.

“Why does it bother you so much? It is my shirt.”

“Because I just can’t stand it.”

“Why? Don’t tell me you’re some kind of a clean freak.”

“Yes, I’m indeed a clean freak. Do you have problem with that?” Yifan replied sharply who was a bit offended by Suho’s question.

“Woah...woah...take it easy. I was just asking out of curiosity. I didn’t meant to offended you.”

“Tsk...whatever”

Yifan, being frustrated by the dirt, the shirt and the man, withdraws back a little bit which makes Suho exhale the breathe he unconsciously hold onto.

“So, what are we going to do now since the stain wouldn’t remove? We can’t stay here forever.”

“I know that. Hmm…” Yifan then tapped his chin as he ponders intensely on his next move. He didn’t even realized Suho’s eyes was also still staring at him, intensely.

“That’s it.” Yifan impulsively tags the shirt as if he’s taking the material from the mannequin body. “Take off your shirt.”

Suho was taken aback by that, “Excuse me?”

Yifan’s brows raised as Suho hurriedly removes his arms around his own body as an instinct to protect himself. What does this gremlin even thinks I’m doing at him?

“I’m going to washed your shirt myself to remove the stain. After all, it is my son’s fault. This is only way to remedy this and also, so that I can sleep peacefully tonight because I’m some kind of a clean freak”

“Look,” Suho regained his professionalism as he smelled a whiff of pettiness from the taller man, “I wasn’t being rude or whatsoever, but if I give you my shirt, what am I going to wear? You can’t expect me to walk half from here to parking lot.”

Yifan rolled his eyes, “Of course not. You can wear my shirt.”

“That what I’mㅡHuh?” Suho was once again taken aback by Yifan’s words.

“Don’t worry. I also don’t want to walk around someone who’s half . I have wear an inner cloth underneath my shirt.”

“But… your size is…”

“Slightly bigger? I know, but it is not like you have another choice.” Yifan’s seriously drained from this man’s counter attacks like seriously? But then again, two can play a game. “Oh wait, yes, you do have another choice. We’ve bought a pair of shirtsㅡ”

“I’ll gladly take thatㅡ”

“That are for Sehun’s which comes in large size. Aren’t you lucky Sehun’s growing bit by bit?” Yifan even smirks at Suho’s frowns “If you can wear it, I don’t have any problems for you to borrow it.”

“Still…”

Suho wasn’t able to finish his words and his eyes widened slightly as the man starts ing his shirt. He even gulps watching him taking off his shirt. Yifan wasn’t lying. He indeed wears an undershirt, but the problem is that the inner was kind of thin a bit transparent which made him able see Yifan’s body. Not that he’s looking at smooth spanse of the skin beneathㅡ

“Here. Take it and change your shirt.”

“O-Okay.”

Yifan’s about to question the sudden odd behavior of the man if only Sehun’s “Mamaaaaa” and whines from the outside while knocking the door furiously didn’t got his attention.

A small sigh and a relieved sigh escaped from Yifan’s and Suho’s lips before the door opens.

“Baby, did I asked you to stay with the staff while I try to clean Uncle Suho’s shirt?”

“But...mama….Sehunnie is sleepy. When can we leave?” Sehun continues to whine while pulling his Mama’s pants.

“Just a few more minutes baby, okay? Then we will leave.”

“But…”

“How about we go eat your ice cream first? You still haven’t ordered it yet, right?”

“Mama is right. Let us go now!” Sehun said quite excitedly.

Yifan’s lips automatically curls into a small smile, “Alright...alright...baby.” He then turned to face Suho, “I’ll wait you at the outside.”

“Y-yeah, sure.”

Suho let out the breath that he’s been holding again as he leaned against the wall. Oh god...that smile...dammit...he really shouldn’t had eaten lunch with the pair of mother and son.


Author's note: The beginning of Krisho's relationship. XD

Please leave a comment if all of you enjoy this chapter