Chapter Thirty Three

Love Between Us

Yifan’s washing the plates in the kitchen when Suho enters the kitchen, reaches for a glass of water with panic all over his face. He quickly turns off the water and wipes the remaining water on his hand onto the kitchen towel.

“What’s wrong?”

“We need to go to hospital now.” Suho leans to the counter as if trying to maintain his composure. “Luhan-hyung just called me and told me that Yixing had given birth.”

Yifan stops on his tracks, slightly taken aback by Suho’s announcement, “What? But I thought that Xing had one more week to go.”

“This is not surprising because Tao also came out few days earlier from his supposed due date. Also, Yixing is carrying twins. Usually people who carry twins give birth earlier.”

“Then we should go to the hospital now.” Yifan, sensing Suho still being distraught and albeit panicking inside, reaches for Suho’s shoulders to make him calm. “Can you help me make sure Sehun changes his clothes while I finish clean up here?”

Suho nods, “Okay, sure. I’ll go now.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome, yeobo.” Suho replies as he offers a small smile to his husband.

Yifan immediately rubs his chest as he tries to calm down his racing heart after his husband leave the kitchen and headed toward Sehun’s room. He couldn’t understand, he should be all worried with Yixing giving birth but why does Suho’s smile bring such effect to him? And to add the fact this is only their first day living together, how is he going to survive if this is going to happen everyday?

 


 

Suho’s holding Sehun’s hand with his husband trailing behind him as they head towards Yixing’s room. His eyebrows immediately furrows as he spots his husband’s scared expression obviously written on his face while looking around the hospital. He slows down his steps so that Yifan can catch up to him.

“What is wrong, Yeobo? You look very scared.” Suho asks in concern.

“I…” Yifan bites his lips as he wonders whether he should tell the truth to his husband. Although they are married, he still don’t want to rely too much on Suho.

“You can tell me everything, Yeobo.” Suho continues as he watches how hesitant Yifan was. It did saddened him a little when Yifan is still in wary to share everything with him, but he understands that his husband needs some time to open up to him.

A small sigh then escapes from Yifan’s lips. Knowing Suho’s persistent behavior, Suho definitely wouldn’t give up until he manages to get it out from him.

“Being here after dreaming about the day my brother died, it’s just that…” Yifan then stopped mid sentence as he stares everywhere but his husband.

Suho’s eyes widens as he finally realizes why Yifan looks so scared. He feels the urge to hit himself right now for not realizing it sooner and making his husband to come with him to the hospital.

“I’m sorry, Yeobo. Do you want to go home now? We can always come back later. Luhan-hyung and Yixing surely will understand if we explained to them.”

“There is no need for that. I’m fine.” Yifan, gaining his composure back, tries to smile back to the two, “Not only that, I want to see the babies too.”

“Are you sure?”

Yifan almost rolled his eyes, but he withheld himself. He does appreciate that Suho cares about him, but it is starting to getting irritating when he already told him that he is fine.

“Yes, I’m very sure.  Can we go now? I really can’t wait to see the babies.”

Suho silently nods. He still worries about his husband’s condition, but he knows that he is only wasting his energy to argue with Yifan after knowing how stubborn Yifan can be. Also, he didn’t want both of them to fall into another argument especially in a public place.

“Fine. Let us go now. However, if you start to feel really uncomfortable, please do tell me, okay?”

“Okay.”

The three of them starts walking toward Yixing’s room. They stop when they finally reached room 1206, Yixing’s room. Suho knocks at the door. His eyes widen a little when Luhan opens the door. The elder looks so tired and quite in mess with his hair in disheveled manner while few buttons of his shirt were . He even spots the eyebags underneath Luhan’s eyes.

“Hyung, are you alright?”

Luhan meekly nods, “I’m fine. Just little bit tired.” Luhan motions the three to enter the room. “Yixing’s water suddenly broke after we come back from your wedding and we had to rush to the hospital. The doctor had to do emergency c-section and with Yixing’s hemophilia, the surgery took almost 5 hours. It’s worth through trouble though because now I have two beautiful daughters.”

“Oh my god. Yixing had hemophilia? Is he fine now?” Yifan asks. He never thought that Yixing would have this kind of disease because the younger always looks so cheerful like nothing in this world would bother him.

“Don’t worry, Yifan.” Luhan’s voice snap Yifan out from his thought, “Yixing is perfectly fine. He is still sleeping because of the anesthesia.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Yifan points at the bed slightly surrounded with curtain, “Can we see him now?”

A weak voice manages to slice through the silence “Han, who are you talking with?”

“Looks like Yixing just woken up. Just place your things by the sofa and be comfortable around.”

The four of them steps further into the room. Yifan can’t help but to comment on how Luhan really pampered his husband quite a lot because the room is quite big. There are two sofas placed at the end corner of the room where Tao was sleeping on one of the sofas. Yifan then averts his eyes towards Yixing’s bed and he saw the two cribs beside Yixing’s bed.

“Suho-Ge, Yifan-ge, both of you have come.” Yixing greets as he offers a weak smile towards the newly wed couple.

“How are you feeling, Yixing?” Yifan asks.

“I’m fine. Just a bit sore. I’m not like Han who looks like he was about to throw up when the doctor cut open my stomach. At least he didn’t fainted when I gave birth to Tao.” Yixing’s snark made the newly wed couple cough a laugh with Luhan in disbelief. Despite that Yixing still feeling a little weak because of the surgery, he couldn’t stop himself from teasing his so called manly husband.

“Baobei, that’s supposed to be our secret! Why do you have to tell them about that?”

“Baba, why it is so noisy?” Tao, awaken by the sudden noise, whines as he rubs his eyes. His eyes then lighten up the moment he see his best friend standing beside Yixing’s bed.

“Hunnie!” He yells in delight before he jumped down from the sofa.

Sehun immediately let go of his Appa and run towards his best friend to hug each other. Luhan scofs upon watching the scene while Yixing cooes at their adorableness.

“Hunnie, Taotao missed you. I’m happy that you come today.”

“Sehunnie missed Tao too. Sehunnie was excited to meet you again tomorrow, but Sehunnie’s parents then told Sehunnie that Uncle Yixing had given birth. Sehunnie was so happy because Sehunnie didn’t have to wait until tomorrow to meet Taotao!” Sehun raps in glee to which Tao enjoyingly listens.

“Sehunnie, how could you lie to Tao when this morning you cried at me saying that you want to stay at home with your appa? You even told me that you didn’t mind not seeing Tao for a day.” Yifan decides to tease his baby a little.

“Mama! Why did you have to tell Tao that?” Sehun whines in frustration as he stomps his feet on the ground.

Suho couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle while watching his husband and Sehun bicker with each other.

Tao pats Sehun’s shoulder which stops Sehun’s impending whines “It is okay, Hunnie. Taotao isn’t mad. Taotao understand Hunnie must be excited to have new appa.”

Sehun grins in delight upon hearing that. He then pulls Tao into his arms again. “Thank you, Taotao.”

“Your son needs to learn how to keep boundaries from my son.” Luhan whispers into Suho’s ear.

Suho’s about to comment when Yixing interjects, “Han, stop disturbing Suho-ge and let the kids have their fun. Ge, please come to see my babies.”

“Sure.”

Yifan and Suho then approach the cribs and saw two babies wrapped in pink blanket while sleeping soundly on their cribs.

“This is Lu Zihua, the eldest.” Yixing introduces as he points to his daughter on the left crib, “While this is Lu Zixin.” He then points his daughter sleeping on the right crib.

“You have two beautiful daughters, Xing, and they look like Luhan-ge quite a lot.” Yifan compliments, but he never thought that his words would trigger Luhan because Luhan suddenly glares at him. He quickly shakes his head and arms in fear as Luhan looks too fiery right now.

“Hyung, stop glaring at my husband. Yifan was only telling the truth about your twin daughters who indeed looks like you.” Suho tries to rescue his husband after he notices the glarea coming from Luhan. He also can see how afraid Yifan was because of it, although Yifan did tried mask his feelings.

“Oh, someone is protective of his newly wed husband.” Yixing teases, his remark making a small blush crept onto Yifan’s cheek while Suho rubs his neck awkwardly.

Yixing then turns to face his husband, “Han, Suho-ge is right. You need to accept the fact that our daughters did look like you. Are you going to hate them because of that?”

“What? No.” Luhan quickly denies the accusation. “They’re our little angels. How could I hate them?”

“Then you need to stop glaring everyone who said that your daughters look like you.”

A small sigh then escape from Luhan’s lips, “You’re right, Baobei. I’ll stop.”

“Good.” Yixing replies as he pats Luhan’s palm.

“Appa, Sehunnie wanted to see the babies too.” Sehun voices as he tugs Suho’s pants.

“Sure. Appa will carry you.”

Suho bends down to carry Sehun into his arms. Sehun even mouthed “Wow” in awe upon seeing the two babies sleeping in the cribs.

“Tao, your baby sisters are very beautiful.”

Tao beams in delight after Sehun’s compliments, “Thank you, Hunnie.”

Sehun continues to eye the twins before he tugs his Appa’s shirt, “Appa, Sehunnie wants a baby sister too. When Sehunnie can get one?”

Yifan chokes on his saliva. He thought that Sehun had forgotten this matter, but he was wrong. His brat even dared to ask his husband in front of everybody.

As for Suho, he could only stand there in shock while he tries to process Sehun’s question.

“Appa, why didn’t you answer me?” Sehun whines while pulling his appa’s shirt.

“Yes, Suho-ge. You should answer Sehun.” Yixing tease while his husband fails to cover his mouth to withhold the laughter from coming out.  

“Err…Well… you see,  Sehun-ah…” Suho doesn’t know how to answer Sehun’s question. He then turns to look at Yifan asking for his help, but Yifan just stand there with dumbfounded expression on his face making him no choice but to settle this by his own.

“Appa is very sorry, Sehun-ah. You need to wait more before you get a baby sister.”

Sehun juts out his lips, “For how long that Sehunnie have to wait before Sehunnie can get a baby sister?”

“Soon.” Suho feels bad for lying to Sehun, but what else he could say? It is not like he can tell Sehun that he and Yifan need to “procreate” in order create a baby.

Sehun taps his chin a little, “Okay, fine. Sehunnie can still wait, but Appa better keep his promise to give Sehunnie a baby sister soon.”

Sehun then jumps down from his Appa’s arms and heads towards his best friend. Both of them starts chatting animatedly while sitting down on the sofa.

Yifan took the opportunity to grab Suho’s arm and drag him out from the room, ignoring the knowing look coming from Luhan and Yixing.

“Why are you dragging me outside?” Suho, on the other hand, can only ask while examining Yifan’s unreadable expression.

“I can’t believe you! How could you feed such a lie to my son?”

“Our son, Yeobo. How many times do I need to remind you of that?”

Yifan immediately flush, “T-that isn’t the important matter right now. What is important is regarding the lie that you told Sehun minutes ago.”

“What else can I say to him when you didn’t even bother to help me? Do you want me to tell him the truth instead?”

“It is not that I don’t want to help you. I was thinking what to say to him when you suddenly told Sehun that you’re going to give him a baby sister. Soon. What are we going to do if months later he asks for a baby sister again?”

“Yeobo, I think you’re worry too much. Sehun is still a kid. He definitely will forget about this as the time passed.”

Yifan scofs, “Yeah, right. That brat was demanding the same thing months ago. How can you be a hundred percent sure that he is going to forget about this?”

A small sigh then escape from Suho’s lips, “For now, we’ll just watch and see. If Sehun still query about this, then we have no choice, but to resolve to other option.”

“Other option?” A small blush then crept up on Yifan’s cheek when he realizes that what his husband had implying.

“ert!” He yells before running back inside Yixing’s room, leaving the dumbfounded Suho behind.

Suho then shakes his head with a smile on his lips. He wasn’t even thinking about that. The other option he was thinking about is, maybe, they can adopt or something, but it seems that his husband’s mind was already thinking of something else instead of listening to his explanations.


Author's note: I'm very sorry for the long update. Just as all of you know, I just changed my job and needed time to adapt to new work environments.