Chapter Twenty Five

Love Between Us

To say Suho was shocked when Yifan called him three days later after his proposal was somewhat shortㅡbewildered, it is. He didn’t call the younger first because he wanted to give some time for Yifan to process everything before they can start planning their wedding; he didn’t expect at all that the younger will ask him to pick him and Sehun up to attend Yixing’s dinner.

However, that doesn’t mean he’s not happy with it, of course his whipped in denial self isn’t going to say no to that. He's even willing to become the younger’s slave for as long as it makes Yifan happy. He then informed Yifan that he’ll come around six p.m. to pick both of them up.

Thus, here he is, inside the parking lot, leaning against his car as he waited for Yifan and Sehun to come down. Two minutes later, the mother-son pair’s heading towards him and he couldn’t stop his gaze on eyeing Yifan who looks like he’s walking at a runway show although he’s only dressed in a simple white long sleeve shirt paired with dark jeans.

“What do you look at?” Yifan spats out, immediately when he realize the elder stares at him.

You. Suho winces on how sweet yet bitter it sounds in his mind, “Nothing.” It definitely didn’t satisfied Yifan (and himself, how in the world had he proposed in the public but can’t be honest on how gorgeous the still irritated deity in front of him?) so he decides to drop the topic as he shakes his head with a smile. “So, what’s the reason you want to ride with me today?”

Yifan’s about to answer but his words were cut off by Sehun who dashes and quickly hugs Suho’s legs.

“Uncle Suho! Or should Sehunnie called you appa?” The young gremlin asks cheekily that made Suho gulp for his dear life.

“Well…” Suho turns to look at Yifan as he didn’t know how to answer the kid to which the later only rises his brows.

“Sehunnie, go inside the car first. I have something to talk with your unc…” Yifan deeply breathes to which Suho loudly hears, “. . .I mean with your Appa.”

To say Suho’s overjoyed when Yifan addresses him as Sehun’s appa is given but he kept his squeals within himself as Sehun nods and removes himself from his Appa’s leg.

Yifan watched until his little troublemaker entered the car before turning back to face a still smiling Suho.

Time to wipe that off, he guessed.

“The reason why I want to ride with you is since there’s no turning back for us aside on getting married…” Yifan felt the satisfaction as Suho visibly wince as he started, “...which thanks to your stunt that you pulled at my company, I told Sehun about it. My son was ecstatic that he is going to have a father soon. That only means we must go forward with this wedding.”

Yifan did put a lot of thought on this, heck he can just easily call out and refuse to the wedding because what’s even really stopping him? However, as he watches his son sleeping soundly with his Rilakkuma tight on his embrace, he had come to terms with it. If this what God has planned for him, then he has no other choice but to accept it with open arms. He doubted that he’ll be able to get married in this lifetime due his status as a single parent. Also, Suho seems like a nice guy, well with the exception of how he broke his idiot Ge’s heart, and Sehun likes him a lot. It is a win-win situation for him. He can give Suho the chance to be Sehun’s father and make his baby happy.

“I understand and thank you for giving me the chance.” Suho expresses his thanks as he offers his genuine smile to his fiance.

How nice it was to call him fianc

“I haven’t finished yet.”

Or maybe not.

Like father like son. Both of them likes to cut me off. “I’m sorry about that. Please go on.” Suho sheepishly gestures for the younger to carry on.

“Just I was saying, since there is no turning back for us and coincidentally, Yixing had called us for dinner, we need to take this opportunity to tell Yixing and his husband about our upcoming wedding. So it’ll be your responsibility to tell them.”

“What? Me?” Suho asked in disbelief while gesturing his finger at himself.

“Of course. You’re the one who started it.” Yifan challenges with his brows rising if it’s even possible.

“I’m not the one who started it. It was your son and Tao.”

“Now pushing the blame to the kids, a matured move, huh?” Yifan rolls his eyes. “I know that, but you’re the one who actually does the proposal. Besides, you know both of them longer than me, so it’ll be better if you’re the one who’ll relay the news. I never planned a wedding before and I clearly needed their advice.”

“What made you think I have planned a wedding before?” Suho mumbles softly.

Cue Yifan’s piercing glare.

“What did you just said?”

“F-Fine.” Suho stuttered. He had forgotten how scary his fiance can be. “I’ll tell them after dinner.”

“Good, let us go now. I don’t want to be late for their dinner.” Yifan quickly enters the passenger seat, not even taking the seat next to him.

Suho dejectedly answers “Okay” in the air, as if Yifan can hear his sadness. As if Yifan wouldn’t be delighted on his misery.

Well, he signed up for this.

Suho’s car then drives out from the parking lot. He sneaks a glance at his fiance who was talking to Sehun or more like scolding the kid because Sehun tries to talk to him. He quickly avert his eyes back to the road when Yifan turns back. Although he already comes to term with his feelings, he is still not ready to tell the truth to Yifan yet.

 


After finishing their dinner at Yixing’s house, the four of them then hangs out at the living room while the kids are inside Tao’s room. Without a doubt, Sehun must have relay the news to Tao because they can hear Tao squealing in delight.

“I’m very sorry for causing you trouble to cook dinner for us tonight.” Yifan said. He feels bad for letting the pregnant man to cook for them tonight when Yixing is only a month away from giving birth. He did offered his help, but good ol’ Yixing rejects him.

“It is nothing. Han helped me quite a lot in the kitchen although the cooking is done by me. We surely wouldn’t be able to eat tonight if I let Han cook.” Yixing teases.

Luhan lets out a sarcastic laugh at his husband’s comment. He admits that he doesn’t know how to cook anything edible except for instant noodles, but that doesn’t give his husband any right to rub it on his face.

“Err…” Yifan decided to step in, “Actually there is something that Suho and I need to tell both of you. Right, Suho?” Yifan then turns to face Suho, of course not without his piercing “Fix what you’ve done” gaze.

Suho clears his throat a few times. He suddenly feels nervous to inform his two best friends about his and Yifan’s upcoming wedding and he would literally bolt out from there if not because of Yifan’s murderous glare.

“Yes, we did. You see, we…” Suho grabs Yifan’s hand, in an awkward, shaky manner, “We decided to get married.” He announced and shows the ring on Yifan’s finger.

Yifan mentally face-palmed himself. He should have known better when he decided to let Suho tell Luhan and Yixing about their upcoming wedding. He had expected that Suho will tell them slowly, not like this.

As for Luhan and Yixing, both of them were clearly in shock with the sudden announcement judging by their gawking expression written all over on their face.

“Both of you are getting married? When?” Yixing asked after he finally gained his senses.

“We haven’t decided on the date yet. We just want to inform you guys first before we decided on anything.” Suho answered.

The three of them were slightly taken aback when Luhan suddenly get up from the sofa. He then went towards Suho and grabbed his arm before dragging him out there, leaving Yixing and Yifan behind.

“Well… this is awkward.” Yifan starts to clear out the tension built by the two man that went outside.

“You’re right.” Yixing replies, “So you’re getting marry to Suho-ge, huh? How does it started?”

“Let‘s see… Actually…”

Yifan then tell Yixing everything from how their kids ganged up Suho up to Suho’s proposal. At that moment, Yifan finally can see Yixing’s true character after he told him Tao was involved.

Despite that Yixing was smiling sweetly at him and told him that he’ll scold Tao for causing this matter gone worse, he knew that Tao is going to get handful of lectures from his mother after they leave.

 


Luhan pushed Suho towards his study room before he locked the door to prevent the younger from escaping. He needs to get to the bottom of this. Only then he’ll let Suho leave this room, if ever he’ll be ever satisfied with the answers given.

“You lied to me.” Luhan seethed, “You told me that you weren’t planning to replace Yifan with Jiaheng!”

“I never lied to you, hyung. Everything that I said before was the truth.”

“Then why the hell did you want marry Yifan?”

Suho runs his fingers through the tuft of his light brown hair, “I’ve made a promise with Sehun and Tao. They kind of ganged me up and demanded me to marry Yifan so that Sehun can have a father.” Suho explained quietly, choosing his words more as he can see the elder stopping himself from punching him.

“You should have told me in the first place. I’ll tell Yixing about this so that we can put a stop at this matter. Not for you to go marry Yifan when you’re clearly not in love with him.” Luhan reprimanded. He indeed was shocked that his son was behind all this. That explained why his son’s been whispering on the phone lately.

“That was only a part of the reason.” Suho revealed, “There was another reason why I ask Yifan to marry me.” Suho managed to get Luhan’s full attention as he himself can’t bear to hide everything in himself anymore.

“Which is?”

“Do you remember about the tall male librarian that I used to talk about?”

Luhan looked at him in disbelief, “Suho just tell me the reason directly—”

“Do you remember about him?”

Sensing Suho’s seriousness, Luhan sighed deeply, “The one whom you developed crush on and stalked with?”

“Yes and no. I didn’t stalk him. I only watching him from afar.”

“Fine, whatever you say. How does it relates to this situation?”

“That man was Yifan.” Suho drops his secret which Luhan obviously didn’t get quickly.

“So he was Yifan… What?” Suho nodded as Luhan’s hands flails on the air, “That was Yifan?!”

Suho quickly covers Luhan’s mouth.

“Keep it down, hyung. I don’t want them to heard it especially Yifan. He’ll kill me if he’ll know about this.”

Luhan slapped Suho’s hand away, “Good. Because if he didnt, I’ll do it. I was wrong. I thought you were replacing him with his twin. Turns out it was the other way around.”

Suho dejectedly puts down his hand.

“I know that I ed up, okay? But my feelings toward Jiaheng is sincere. I love him. He was the love of my life and he’ll always be. And about Yifan, I tried to suppress this feeling, hyung. I did it for ten years. It is… I don’t know… meeting him after ten years, it made this feeling resurface again.”

Luhan feels that his anger calms down as he watches Suho’s dejected expression troubled the young man.

“Still, that doesn’t mean you should marry Yifan. It is very clear to all of us that Yifan doesn’t share the same feeling.”

“I know that, hyung. I was planning to wait one or two more years to see if I still feel the same before I make my next move. I never expected that Sehun and Tao were planning this. It had opened my eyes, not just that Sehun needs a father figure in his life, but also Yifan facing insults from people for being a single parent.”

A small sigh then escapes from Luhan, “Looks like you’ve made up your mind and no matter what I say, you wouldn’t change your decision.” Suho nods as Luhan puts his hand on the younger’s shoulder in confort, “Still, you have my support. I’ll try my best to help you in your wedding.”

“It is okay, hyung. I think Yifan and I can handle it. You’re going to be busy with the twins coming along.”

“Don’t reject my help, okay? Yixing and I still have a month away before the twins come, hence I still have plenty of time to help you.”

Knowing that his best friend is as stubborn as he is, Suho chuckles, “Fine, hyung. If I ever needed your help, I’ll call you.”

“Good.”

 


Two days later after the dinner at Yixing’s house, once again, Suho had been called out by Yifan to meet him at the cafe. Suho had to asked his partner to replace his shift earlier today so that he can meet up with Yifan.

His heart skips a bit when he spots the younger sitting beside the window, looking as good looking as usual.

If only he can be that peaceful for eternity.

“You’re late.” Yifan spats as Suho reaches the table.

Not even a ‘Hi, Suho, please sit down first.’ Great. “I’m sorry. I was attending a patient when you called me. So why do you want to meet me? Is there something or any important matter that you need to talk about?”

Yifan clicks his tongue before he took out his blue notebook, his pen and his reading glasses from his sliding bag.

“Have you forgotten that we’re getting married soon? We need to plan our wedding now.”

‘For someone who doesn’t want to marry, you sure are fast to plan everything’ Suho silently watches Yifan open his notebook. He can see the colorful notes on it, but he didn’t comment any of it.

“I had to ask advice from Yixing and check which suitable date for us to get married. I think either 17th of June or 24th of June is the most suitable date.”

“Is that two or three weeks from now?”

“Yes, indeed. Well, it is because Yixing’s going to give birth soon and he wanted to attend our wedding before he give birth. Also, the faster we get married, the faster I get over this and accept my fate to become your husband.”

“You seemed very excited in our wedding despite saying numerous time that you don’t want to get marry with me.” Suho couldn’t stop his mouth in astonishment that made him regret his action as Yifan stops on writing.

“Shut up. Didn’t you hear the words I said just now? It wasn’t because I’m very eager to marry you, okay? If I can escape, I would do it long ago. So move along now. Since we have a very tight schedule to plan our wedding, I’ve done all the research on the internet and I only list down the most things that is important for us.”

“Wow, you’ve even done research.”

Yifan sends glare towards Suho, “Another comment coming from you, I’ll cancel this wedding and bring Sehun to Canada so that you wouldn’t be able to find us anymore.”

Suho felt the chills with Yifan’s threats, however knowing all of his threats doesn’t come empty, Sehun being on Canada is something he hadn’t think of.

“I’m sorry. I’ll keep my mouth shut after this. But why Canada of all place?”

“I have 6-month internship at there. It was a great place to live at actually. Clearly I can’t go back to China since you still have relatives there.” Yifan exasperatedly explained, muttering why do I even need to explain this to you? “Look, we aren’t here to talk about. We’re here to talk about our wedding preparations.” Yifan said as he pointed his pen towards Suho.

“Please go on then.”

“We need to prepare the guest lists. You’re lucky because I don’t have many friends here aside my friends at China which is quite far from here. So I don’t think they’ll be able to come. So the only guests I can invite is from my office.”

“We’re going to have guests?”

“Yes, we have to. Thanks to the stunt that you pulled at my company. Whether I like it or not, I’m going to invite them. If not, the rumours will start spreading and I don’t like it. Thus, the rest of the guest lists, I’ll leave it to you since I don’t know your colleagues and friends that much.”

The elder nods his head in understanding, “Okay. So what’s the rest?”

“We need to book a hall, whether a hotel or any place that’s suitable for the wedding. Caterers, flowers, band, cake, who is going to officiate us, our wedding suits and most importantly, our wedding budget. These are the most things we need to do.”

“Don’t we have to take a wedding photo?”

Suho’s sudden suggestion made Yifan stop jutting down on his notebook, “Huh? W-wedding photo? I never really thought of that. We need to plan our budget first. If we have enough, then we can take it if you want.”

“I do want it.” Suho replied as he stares intensely at Yifan, challenging the younger to which Yifan quickly avert his eyes in defeat.

“Oh… just I said, we have to…”

“I’ll take care of the budget. You don’t have to use or even spend a penny for this wedding at all.”

“Eh? But…”

Suho then offers a smile to Yifan, “It is fine, Yifan-ah. I still have the money left by my parents. What better way to use it aside for our wedding? It is polite for me to do this because I’m the one who forced you into this.” He explained as he grabbed Yifan’s hand.

“Fine. It is your money after all. You can do whatever you want with it.”

Yifan quickly pulled his hand away as his heart beats wildly inside his chest. Being with the elder only for a few minutes already caused him reacting like this, now how is he going to spend his whole life with him?

Suho unfortunately didn’t fail to notice Yifan’s misery, “Is that all?”

Yes and you need to clear your schedule in these two weeks to focus on our wedding. I already take my leave starting today so I am hoping you’ll do the same.” Yifan stated in the most professional manner that made Suho irk.

“Yes, I’ll definitely do that. It is still very early and you have few hours before you went to pick Sehun up. So should we continue our date?”

“What? This isn’t a date! It is a discussion! Who even wanted to have a date with you anyway?”

Suho lets out a small laugh, “Look, I have a friend who works at a hotel and the hotel was, I think, nearby here? Shall we go pay him a visit and see whether his hotel has done wedding functions?”

Sure.” Yifan replies as he gets up from the chair.

Yifan was stunned once again as Suho suddenly grabs his hand. He tries to pull it away, but the elder only tightens his grip. He even gives a glare to Suho so that Suho will let go of his hand, but the gremlin ignores it and continues dragging him out from the cafe. To continue their date, Yifan might be happily or bitterly thinks.