Chapter Twenty-Eight

Love Between Us

 

It was in the late evening when Yifan woke up from his sleep. When did he had fallen asleep? He must be too tired because of the house cleaning that he had fallen asleep while watching Suho talking on the phone.

He get up from the bed, only then he realize that his clothes had been changed into a simple white t-shirt and track pants in much smaller size. Blush slowly crept up onto his cheek as he realizes Suho must be the one responsible changing his clothes and he may or may not had seen his body.

He snapped out from his reverie when Suho stepped into the room while still talking to someone on the phone. He then handed the phone towards him, mouthing it ‘Sehun’.

Yifan quickly takes the phone from Suho’s hand. “Yes, baby?”

“Mama, why didn’t you bring Sehunnie along to go to Appa’s house? Sehunnie wanna see Appa’s house too.”

Yifan chuckles as he imagines the small pout on his baby’s lips.

“I’m sorry, baby. I only want to check on your Appa’s house since we’re going to live together after this.” Yifan explains so that his baby will stop sulking.

“Really? We’re going to live with Appa after this?”

“Yes, baby.”

The little boy shrieks that almost made Yifan go deaf.

“Tao!!! Sehunnie and mama is going to live with Sehun’s new Appa!” Sehun yells towards his best friend making Yifan laugh at his antics. He didn’t realize that Suho was watching his every move.

If only he’s always this peaceful all the times.

“Ge, mind telling me why Sehun and my son are screaming while jumping on the bed?” Yixing who had covered the children for the meantime asks, voice laced with amusement that Yifan laughed with.

“I’m very sorry for that, Xing. I didn’t realized you were with Sehun and Tao. I was only informing  him that we’re going to move in with Suho after the wedding since my leasing is going to end by the end of this month.” Yifan explains.

“I see. This explains why Sehun and my son was so happy. I need to stop them now before any of them get hurt. Let's continue our conversation next time”

“Sure and thank you for having my son tonight. I know that my son can be very handful.”

“It is not that big trouble. Let my husband do more job in this house. He is getting very lazy lately.”

Luhan’s distinct “Hey! Baobei, I heard that!” could be heard from the other line making Yifan smile in adoration of the couple.

“I need to go now. Bye, Ge.”

“Okay, bye.”

Yifan then handed back Suho’s phone to him.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Mhmm…” Yifan contemplates on asking the question that’s been bugging him he woke up, however he isn’t Yifan if he’ll not ask it. Even if it meant embarrassment to him, “Are you the one who changed my clothes?”

“Yes, I-I did.” Suho gulped down his saliva, fearing his fiancé will be mad at him, “I know it is very inappropriate of me doing it without asking your permission first, but you were in deep sleep because of the medication and I don’t want you to sleep with your clothes full of sweat and dirt.” Suho started rambling, even cutting Yifan from stopping him, “But please trust me, I didn’t take advantage of you at all. I tried to change your clothes as fast as I can.”

It was quite true because the more Suho stared at his fiancé’s slim, lean body and touching his milky skin, the more frustrated he gets making him to finish changing the clothes as fast as he can.

“T-thank you.” Yifan said with his head ducked down. He didn’t want Suho to see the blush on his cheek to which Suho, expecting some harsh words from the other man, wss taken aback of the timid gesture.

“You’re welcome. Oh, the dinner that I ordered had arrived. Let me bring it to here.”

“There is no need for that. I-”

Yifan’s words were cut off mid sentence as Suho already walked out from the room. A small sigh then escapes from his lips. Suho treats him too nicely. Was the reason is they’re going to get married soon? This is really bad. It is not because he dislike it; it was the opposite actually. He kinds of liking it. Still, he wants Suho to stop do it because it bring out some kind of weird feeling inside him.

Two minutes later, Suho comes back inside the room while holding a small plastic bag. He then sits down on the chair beside the bed.

“Here you go. I ordered chicken porridge for you. I hope you’re okay with it.” Suho said as he handed the polystyrene bowl to Yifan. “Be careful, it is still a bit hot.”

“Thank you.” Yifan set aside the food, “What about you? Aren’t you going to eat?”

Suho’s lips then curled into a small smile, “You don’t have to worry about me, Yifan-ah. I’ve already eaten.”

If you already eat, then get out from here. You’re making me uncomfortable with your presence. Yifan thought, yet he didn’t dare to say his rants aloud to the elder who did nothing but treating him nicely for the whole day.

There was a moment of silence between them since Yifan was very focused on eating his porridge while Suho just sit there, watching his fiance’s every move with his hawk eyes.

“Don’t you have other better things to do?” Yifan asked when he finally can’t stand the staring anymore. He’s not that obvious until he realized that the elder was staring at him. Was there something on his face? If that was the case, why can’t Suho tell him instead of staring at him most of the time?

“Can I ask you a question?”

“What it is?” Yifan then shove spoon into his mouth.

“Who is Sehun’s real father?”

Yifan choked upon hearing the question. Suho quickly rubbed his back when he saw Yifan had start coughing before handing him a glass of water.

“Give me a warning before you’re going to ask that question.” Yifan reprimands as he take the glass from Suho’s hand.

“I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to cause you any shock.”

“Why do you want to know?”

Oh my god, please don’t tell me that he had discovered the truth about Sehun’s real identity.

“I don’t want to get any trouble just in case Sehun’s real father suddenly come back. I do remembered that you told me you’ve never planned a wedding before.” Yifan holds his breath as he curses his Ge’s smarty pants ex boyfriend. Had he really realized everything? “Yifan?”

“Oh, I’m sorry I justㅡ” In his worry he didn’t even realized he spaced out, “Can you repeat what you’re saying?”

“You told me you haven’t planned a wedding, that only means you weren’t married before so could it be that person is your ex-boyfriend?”

Yifan is a bit relieved that Suho still haven’t discovered Sehun’s real identity. However, this also means that he had to create more lies. He could always tell the truth to Suho and maybe they don’t have to go on with this wedding. Still, there’s always a part of him scared that Suho is going to take Sehun away from him. Thus, he had no choice, but to lied about Sehun’s real identity.

“It was just a one night stand. I’ve made a drunk mistake and slept with a stranger. As result, I got pregnant. I don’t want to do abortion, thus, I decided to give birth to Sehun and raised him by my own. So you don’t have to be scared of Sehun’s real father coming into our lives. I bet he doesn’t even know he had impregnated me.” Yifan assured, however not certain if he’s assuring the supposed to be Sehun’s father wouldn’t come to their lives or wouldn’t stop the wedding.

“So you’re okay to sleep with a random stranger, huh?” Yifan’s brows shooted high, a sign Suho shouldn’t have said but just couldn’t help it. He’s always been a possessive man. Just the thought of another man touching his fiancé makes his blood boil in jealousy.

“Excuse me? Are you accusing me being immodest and cheap right now?”

I take back my words. He’s not a nice man at all!

“I’ve never said that.” Suho quickly denies.

“Well, you clearly implied it!” Yifan spat back. His face had turned red because of anger, “Let me repeat it again since you didn’t get it the first time. It was a drunk mistake. I was very depressed at that time because of my relationship with my Ge. Do you think I want that to happen? My Ge had left me and I had to raise my child by myself.”

I should have go become an author instead of becoming an accountant. I’m getting so good creating a story. Suho’s ashamed face clearly proved how he’s buying Yifan’s lies.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. I was just being curious and a bit scared that Sehun’s real father may come into our lives.”

What legal trouble that you’re scared of when you’re the real father?

Yifan wanted to continue being mad at Suho because the words he had said just now. Although it wasn’t real, it still stings. But, he wasn’t able to because Suho is showing expression that like a puppy when they did something wrong.

Just like Sehun when that brat did his daily mischiefs.

“I’m sorry too for overacting just now.” and for another lies “You do have the every right to know since we’re going to get married soon.” Suho nodded, much to Yifan’s burdens and guilt being piled up.

“So are we good now?”

“Yeah.”

Suho smiles after hearing that. He is glad that Yifan isn’t mad at him because of his stupid action minutes ago. He should’ve had kept his possessive side hidden for the time being first since their relationship’s still in progressing stage.

“You should rest early today. You must be tired because of all the cleaning along with your sprained ankle. My room’s just beside your room in case you need anything.” Suho informs as he takes the empty polystyrene from Yifan’s hand.

“Okay.”

“Good night. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

“Good night.”

Suho turns off the light when he saw Yifan had fallen into deep sleep again. He lets out a small smile as he thinks about the life that he is going to lead with Yifan and Sehun after their wedding.

 


“Ge, are you okay now?” Yixing asks as he hands the cup of tea to Yifan.

“Yeah, I’m perfectly fine. I finally can walk normally again. I’m very sorry if my presence is disturbing you. I was getting bored and Suho wouldn’t allowed me to go anywhere until my ankle heals.” Yifan replies before taking a sip from his tea.

“You aren’t disturbing me at all. I was getting bored too. There wasn’t any interesting dramas for me to watch right now. So how’s is your wedding preparations coming along?”

“We’re almost done with everything. Suho told me that his uncle is going to come from China to officiate us and his guests list is almost finish. We’re actually supposed to meet with his friend today, but he didn’t let me to come along. Part of me thinking he deserves it, but another part of me felt bad for making him do all the stuffs.”

“It really does looks like both of you were almost finish preparing the wedding.”

“Yes, the only thing left for us to do is finding the perfect cake and take our wedding picture.”

“Wow, you’re even going to take wedding picture.”

“It is not like I want it. Suho insisted, force it, to be exact.” Yifan rolls his eyes in frustration, “I still couldn’t understand why he wanted to waste money for that purpose.”

“I can understand why.” Yixing mutters. It indeed come into his shock when his husband told him about Suho’s ten year admiration towards Yifan, but that explained everything, like why Suho keeps on staring at Yifan or why Suho being so nice towards the younger.

“What did you just said?”

“I think Suho-ge may want to keep memories of your and his wedding.” Yixing smoothly lies, “After all, it is going to happen once in this lifetime.” Yixing sips furthermore, hiding his panic as he almost leaked out Suho’s secret.

I’m suppose you’re right. Since we’re talking about Suho, I promised Sehun that I’m going to take him out this weekend to the bookstore. Tha brat of mine asked me to invite his new Appa to come with us. Do you think I should do it?”

“I don’t see any problems with it. Why are you hesitating about it, Ge?”

“I don’t know.” Yixing watches Yifan intently who’s now staring at his cup, “I still think it’s a little bit early for the three of us to hang out together so. . .”

“Then when do you think is the right time to do it? The three of you are going to become a family in two weeks. If you didn’t take this chance to practice, you may not be going to have this chance again and it may affect not only your future, but also Suho-ge and Sehun’s future.”

“I…”

“I know what you’re scared of, Ge.” Yixing pats Yifan’s hand gently, “But you’ve already made up your decision to marry Suho-ge and there is no turning back from it.”

Yixing made a mental pat in himself seeing that he’s good, his own words, at pushing Yifan more to Suho “You’re right, Xing. I guess I’ll call him later on.”

“Good, and I’m always be here for you, Ge.”

“Thank you, Xing.”

“You’re welcome, Ge.”

 


Suho just finished talking with Minho about the decorations of his and Yifan’s upcoming wedding when his phone rings. He had decided to stick to the traditional colour which is white as their theme as to what Yifan wanted and he’d made a mental note to update his fiance on that.

His lips automatically curls into a smile when he recognizes the caller id. It is Yifan.

“Hello, Yifan. How is your ankle?”

“Didn’t you just send message two hours ago, asking me about it? How many times you’re going to ask?”

“It is wrong for me to care about you?” Suho hurries to the elevator giddily as he smiles to the attendant, clearly not having any care if he looks like a love sick fool enjoying teasing his fiancé

“I-I didn’t said it was wrong. It is getting annoying because you’ve asked almost every hour and the answer isn’t going to change any time soon. Please tone it down.”

“I’m sorry for that. Most of my friends including your Ge did told me about this behavior of mine. I’ll try to tone it down in the near future.”

“Good. Look, I’m not calling because of that.”

“Was it because of our wedding banquet? Don’t worry about it. Minho put lots of effort and he really did a good job on it.”

“It is for another reason.” A dead silence followed caused Suho to hum, cuing the other man in line to continue, “Do you want to come with Sehun and I to the bookstore this Saturday? I can understand if you’re busy…”

“I would love to.” Suho answers,not missing a best. He would have jumped in joy if not because he is currently in a public place right now. “The only thing that I’m currently busy with is our wedding preparation. I’ll come pick you up this Saturday around eleven a.m.”

“O-Okay then. I’ll see you this Saturday. Bye.”

“Bye.”

The smile on Suho grew bigger after Yifan had ended the call. His fiancé’s finally slowly warming up to him. He couldn’t wait for their family date this upcoming Saturday.


Author's note: Krisho is starting to bickerig like an old married couple. XD