Chapter Four

Love Between Us

Jiaheng could feel the stares on him right now and he could understand why. After all, he looked out of place as of this moment. With his red blazing hair, the piercings on his ears and the leather jacket that he’s currently wearing, he does indeed looks like someone who wouldn’t be able to blend nor belong  inside a library at all.

This made him slightly regret arranging that “one-on-one intensive study” (with the other student that the principal gave him) inside the library where Yifan works at. He was hoping to at least meet his brother and let him see that he is changing so Yifan can finally stop giving him the silent treatment. However, much to his dismay, his brother wasn’t working today after he checked it with Yifan’s colleagues when he wasn’t able to spot the said male inside the library.

He should have looked at his brother’s schedule first. Now, he had to suffer, sitting in the library for hours with the judging stares coming from other people who comes to the library. Not only that, his so-called “savior” was late. Ten minutes have passed since their promised time and if his tutor isn’t going appear in five minutes, he’s going to leave.

“Ermm...excuse me? Are you Wu Jiaheng?”

Finally!

Jiaheng then turned around to face his tutor and came face to face with a dark haired petite man. Jiaheng must say that the man standing in front of him is somehow. . .quite good looking (and definitely looking young) with his fair skin that complements with his dark brown eyes. He was wearing a light blue collar t-shirt, paired with long black pants and a sliding bag.

Had he already said how his features became prominent when he scrunched his brows out of confusion and curiosity and how his eyes talks to him like asking “Do I have something in my face?”

Ok, he better stop staring at this man before he completely realize that Jiaheng had been slightly checking him out. That will be embarrassing if he was caught because this man isn’t not just some ordinary, ‘goody two shoes’ student that will tutor (and might annoy and completely distract) him, but his principal’s dearest and beloved nephew. And he didn’t want to create another bad image to his principal after all.

“Oh. . .you. We meet again.” The man said as he rubbed his neck.

Jiaheng raised his eyebrows at that statement. He may not be as bright and brilliant as his book-smart brother, but he definitely would’ve remembered this good-looking man if he ever met him before.

“I think you have mistaken. I don’t think we’ve had met before.”

“You can’t remember? You helped me reach the book from the shelf in this library two days ago. It looks like you have dyed your hair because I remembered your hair that day was black instead of red.” The man explained.

After listened to this man’s words, Jiaheng finally understand. How could he forgotten that he and Yifan are identical twins? They’re practically sharing the same features aside from the hair colour. Thus, he should have known that this man was talking about his twin when he said he had met him before. He must be thinking that he was Yifan.

“The man that helped you that day was my twin brother, Wu Yifan, and he works part time here. However he wasn’t working today.” Jiaheng told the truth straight away after he finally figure it out since there is no use for him lying to this man. He doesn’t want this man to think negatively about him.

Jiaheng almost laughed when he saw the man’s eyes comically widened in shock. The reactions that the people always gave after knowing that he has twin brother never stop amusing him at all.

“Y-you have a twin brother?” The man asked in disbelief.

“Yes, I do.”

Jiaheng then took out his handphone. He unlocked his handphone before he show his wallpaper to the man. It was a picture of him with his younger brother during their high school’s graduation. He hoped that by showing this picture, this man wouldn’t doubt him anymore.

“You indeed had a twin.” The man seemed to believe Jiaheng as the shock he was sporting earlier changed into somewhat enlightenment and some hint of. . .disappointment? “That means you are not him…

“Um excuse me?” Jiaheng frowned when he couldn’t hear the last part, “What did you said just now?”

The man quickly shakes his head, “Nothing. Oh. . .how rude of me. I still haven’t introduced myself. My name is Kim Joonmyun. You can call me Suho. That’s what all my friends call me since they’re having a bit hard time saying my full name.”

Suho then lend out his hand for a handshake which Jiaheng immediately accepted. However, as the moment their hands touch, Jiaheng swears he felt an unknown sensation--somewhat similar to an electric spark--that made Jiaheng quickly withdraw his hand away as he wonders why--and how in the world--does that happen.

It’s either Suho didn’t felt it or he only just pretends to be oblivious about it because he didn’t say anything nor reacted as he sat down on the chair in front of him.

“My uncle had given all your schedules to me. Although there are some subjects I’m not really familiar with, but I’ll try my best to help you. So you don’t have to worry about it.”

“I’m not. I trust you since your uncle recommended you. It means you must be good at this.”

“Thanks for believing in me.” Suho replied as he timidly scratches his cheek, “Which subject would you like to start first?”

A small frustrated sigh then escaped from Jiaheng’s lips. This is going to be a long torturous hour for him and his tutor being some kind of an angel sent from the above isn’t helping him at all.

 


 

Jiaheng’s resolution to study hard so he could improve his results crumbled only after two sessions of tutoring with his tutor. Studying isn’t his forte and he isn’t like his brother who likes studying.

Not only that, he wasn’t able to focus during the whole tutoring session. He couldn’t stop himself from staring at Suho who was so absorbed on teaching him, too focus that he couldn't even notice Jiaheng’s gaze that was lingering no longer on the books but on his striking visuals. Because of this, he had to skip their tutoring session a week ago. What is the use of him going when he couldn’t even able to focus when Suho was teaching him? He would only waste his time (not that having to look at a perfection every time they study was a waste).

Suho did asked why he didn’t come. He lied to Suho that he wasn’t feeling well. He’s glad that Suho believed on his lie. However, when Suho asked when will be their next appointment, he purposely ignored the message and didn’t give any reply to Suho. He doesn’t care anymore even if their principal will know and scold this for skipping all of his sessions.

He thinks that Suho would give up after a few days of unreplied messages. However, he’s completely wrong. He should’ve remembered Suho was a very persistent guy because he never stop messaging him almost everyday.

Jiaheng stopped his musings and he swore that his heart stopped beating for a second when he caught sight of Suho leaning against his car as he waits for him at one of his college’s parking lot. Somehow, Suho looked more handsome than usual today. He was wearing a green long sleeve t-shirt complete with black tight jeans that’s cladding his muscular thighs even more.

A small sigh escaped from Jiaheng’s lips. He was right about Suho being
persistent. Suho’s even willing to come all the way just to meet him. Sweet, is what Jiaheng thought, but he should escape before Suho sees him.

Unfortunately, he spent too long thinking for an escape that Suho
already turned his head in his direction and smiled at him. He let out another sigh. It seemed that he was left with no choice but to go meet him. He then walked towards Suho while nervously tugging the hem of his shirt.

“Hey.” Suho greeted and the smile on his lips grew wider. Jiaheng couldn’t stop himself from admiring that beautiful smile. That smile made Suho looked angelic--if he wasn’t visually ethereal enough.

“What are you doing here?” Jiaheng asked although he already knows the answer to it.

“I was waiting for you. You didn’t reply to any of my messages. So I didn’t have choice, but to come here. I want to know why. Have I done something wrong or perhaps. . .offended you?”

Suho bites his lips as he waits for Jiaheng to answer his question. These few days he was restless when Jiaheng didn’t reply to any of his messages because he was scared that he may accidentally said something he shouldn’t or did something that may have offended Jiaheng.

Jiaheng quickly waved his hand. “No, you didn’t do anything! It’s just that…I think I won’t be able to continue this tutoring anymore. I should have told you the truth instead of not replying to your messages. I’m sorry for causing any misunderstandings.”

Suho then let out the air he had been unconsciously holding as he finally understand it. Part of him was glad that Jiaheng wasn’t mad at him. However, another part of him was disappointed that Jiaheng didn’t want to continue his tutoring with him. He can’t let Jiaheng do that. His uncle already set high hopes on him and he even had made a promise. No matter what, he can’t make his uncle be disappointed at him.

“Do you have any problem with my teaching method?”

“It was your face actually” Jiaheng mentally cursed his dysfunctional brain-to-mouth filter as Suho’s face sported his signature confused and curious look again, “I mean look, the reason why I want to stop isn’t because of you. So stop over thinking about this. If you don’t know how to explain it to your uncle, I’ll tell him by myself. Thanks for everything. I need to leave now.”

Jiaheng turned around and was about to walk away when Suho suddenly grabbed his arm. Jiaheng stared down at Suho’s hand in disbelief. Suho blushed when he realized his mistake and quickly released Jiaheng’s arm.

“I’m sorry for that. Can we find some place to talk about this matter?” Suho asked. He needs to know the real reason why Jiaheng wanted to quit before he devise a plan on how to persuade Jiaheng to continue their tutoring session.

A small sigh then escaped from Jiaheng’s lips, “Fine, but only for an hour. My brother is waiting for me at home.”

Jiaheng was telling a lie. Yifan leave a note at the fridge, telling that he has a night shift today, thus, he can’t prepare dinner for Jiaheng tonight. Yes, Yifan finally stopped giving the cold shoulder to him after he told him that he had gotten a tutor for himself. Yifan even encouraged him to study hard. Now he’s wondering whether Yifan would give him the silent treatment again once he knew that he wanted to quit tutoring.

“Your twin brother that you had mentioned before?”

“I only have one brother.”

Jiaheng raised his brow when he saw that Suho’s expression slightly changed.He was curious, but he didn’t have the right to asked about it.

“Ohh…I see. Then, let us go now.” Suho’s soft voice break his thought.

“Sure.”

Suho opened the passenger door and offered his angelic smile to Jiaheng again.

“Hop in.”

Jiaheng almost stopped breathing when he saw that beautiful smile.

“How blinding”

He eventually snapped out of his thoughts as he realized he had blurted it out. “The sun, I mean. Let’s go?” He smoothly replies as he quickly entered the car before Suho could even voiced out his concern.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Suho, still confused as always, closed the door. He then sat on the driver’s seat and start the engine before driving out from the school’s parking lot.

 


 

Jiaheng impatiently tapped his fingers on the table. There is a small frown on his lips. What else Suho need from him? Didn’t he already made his intention very clear? Is it because Suho’s really afraid of his uncle causing him to be eventually sitting inside a cafe just to talk about this matter?

“Jiaheng, are you sure that you don’t want to eat or drink anything?”

“Let us just get over with this. My brother is waiting for me.” Jiaheng answered. He leaned against the chair with his arms folded across his chest.

A small sigh then escaped from Suho’s lips.

“I want to know the real reason why you want to stop our tutoring session. Was it because of my teaching method? If it was, you can tell to me straight away. You don’t have to hide it from me. I’ll try every teaching method that I knew to suit you.”

“I meant it when I said I don’t have any problem with your teaching method.” Jiaheng said with a displeasure tone underneath his voice.

“Then why did you want to quit?”

Jiaheng groaned in frustration. This situation is getting frustrating. Was it so hard for Suho to let him quit?

“Why is it so important for you to know? Are you scared of your uncle scolding you? I already told you that you don’t have to worry about it because I’ll explain it myself to your uncle.”

“It is indeed part of the reason why I insist to know. I hate to disappoint my uncle since he’s almost my second father. He adopted me after my parents died.”

“I…”

Suho then interrupted Jiaheng’s words.

“I did hear you the first time that you would explain to my uncle by yourself and just like I said, my uncle is only part of the reason. Another reason will be because I hate to give up halfway. That’s why I can’t let you quit until you manage to improve your results because of our tutoring session.”

Jiaheng then gritted in annoyance. He couldn’t really understand why Suho had to be so persistent about this matter.

“Just stop this, okay? No matter what you do you can’t force me to continue this tutoring session.”

“I already told you that I’m not the type to give up that easily.”

Jiaheng’s heart skipped a beat as Suho stares at him with serious expression on his face. He quickly stood up from the chair. He better leave because he’s starting to get weird feelings just because of Suho.

“I’m leaving. Just talking to you already wastes my time.”

“I’ll wait for you at the library on this Saturday after lunch. I hope you will come!” Suho yelled enthusiastically.

Jiaheng didn’t even reply. He keeps walking towards the entrance. He’s not going to come and he doesn’t care even if Suho is going to wait him for the whole night. He already made up his mind.


Author's note: Look like Jiaheng and Suho's relationship had a rocking start. I bet some of you wasn't expecting the plot twist. Be prepared for another plot twist which will happen in future chapter. *smirk evily*

P.s I'm being nice author today and give you some pic as eyes candy. Enjoy

 

(Suho ten years ago)

(Jiaheng ten years ago)

(Yifan ten years ago.)