Chapter Thirty One

Love Between Us

A/n: This is a double update  Please read the previous chapter first. Thanks


 

Luhan shakes his head as he watches Suho fixing his hair and suit while looking on the mirror for  the umpteenth time that day. He can understand that Suho’s being nervous right now because he had went through the same situation during his and Yixing wedding. Still, it is getting annoying when Suho keeps on repeating the same action over and over again.

“Suho, when will you stop checking your appearance? You already look good enough.” Luhan then pats the spot beside him, “Come and sit down first. There’s still fifteen minutes left before the ceremony start.”

A small sigh then comes out from Suho’s lips. He headed towards the sofa where Luhan sits at and moves beside him.

“Are you really that nervous?” Luhan asks.

“Yes, I’m. Today is my big day after all.”

Luhan then pats Suho’s shoulder, “I understand how you’ve felt because I went through it during my wedding, but you need to calm yourself down if you want this wedding to go smoothly.”

“I know that, but I couldn’t just help it. You know, I had been imagining this for my whole life that this day will come where I’ll marry the love of my life and I thought my dreams may come true the moment I met Jiaheng, but instead, I’ll marry his twin. And I’m not going to lie. This did made me a bit afraid of our future together.”

“Are you starting to regret your decision? Don’t you think it’s bit too late now?”

“What? Of course not, hyung. How could I ever regret my decision when I already at this stage and I…” Suho pauses for a minute, thinking if he’s ready enough to put his emotions into words “I think my feelings toward Yifan had… grow beyond.” Suho admits as he tug his suit.

“No more a simple crush, huh?” Luhan teases.

Suho lets out a small chuckle, “Yes.” admitting as a blush slowly creeps up on his cheek. The two weeks of spending time with his fiance had made him realize that his feelings toward Yifan is no more lesser than a simple crush.

“Look, Suho, I do understand your worry, but we can’t predict the future. Just do your best as a husband and also a father.”

“Yes, hyung, that’s what I’m planning to do.”

There is a knocking sound on the door, interrupting their conversation.

“Sir, are you ready to go? The ceremony is going to start soon.” A male voice asks.

“Y-yes, I’m ready.”

Suho releases a deep breath while Luhan’s staring at him in worry.

“Suho, are you sure that you’re ready? Do you need more time?”

“There is no need for that, hyung. I’m indeed still a bit nervous, but the faster we can start this, the faster I can get over it.”

“Fine. Let us go now.”

Suho and Luhan then gets up from the sofa. They headed towards the door. A young man around in his young twenties wearing black suit was waiting for them at the doorway.

“Good evening, sir.” The young man smiles warmly.

“Good evening. Has my fiance been called to the hall?”

“Yes, my colleague had went to call him. I think he currently may headed towards the hall.”

“I understand. Thank you. Then I should be headed towards the hall too.”

“Okay, sir. Congratulations on your wedding, sir.”

Suho offered a small smile towards the young man, “Thank you once again.”

“You’re welcome, sir.”

“Let us go, hyung.”

“Okay.”

Suho and Luhan then headed towards the hall. They stopped their steps when they saw Yifan and Yixing was standing in front the door hall. Due to the fact that Yifan’s parents had died long ago and he didn’t have any close relatives, Suho decided that both of them will walk together towards the altar.

Suho gives a signal towards Luhan that he can handle it from here. Luhan nods his head before he walks toward his husband. He sends a small smile to Yifan and both of them then entered the hall, leaving the two of them behind.

“Are you ready, Yifan-ah?”

“Y-yes. I’m ready.”

Suho sends a small smile towards Yifan. He then grabs Yifan’s hand and realizes that Yifan’s hand was cold. It looks like that he wasn’t the only one who’s nervous about their wedding.

Suho takes a deep breath before both of them stepped inside, into the hall. People starts clapping as they walk towards the altar hand in hand. From there, they climbed the steps to their future life together as one while his uncle waits for them.

His uncle smiles at them. He then clears his throat and began to project his voice to everyone, “Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to join Kim Junmyeon and Wu Yifan in holy matrimony.”

Suho wasn’t paying attention to his uncle’s speech as he was too preoccupied with secretly sneaking glances at his groom. He’s actually taken aback by his groom’s beauty who looks very stunning, wearing the black suit with his blonde hair swept back. There’s even hints of makeup on his groom’s face that makes him even more ethereal.

“Kim Junmyeon, will you take Wu Yifan as your husband?” His uncle’s deep voice snaps him out from his thought.

“Yes, I do.”

“Wu Yifan, will you take Kim Junmyeon as your husband?”

“I…” Yifan takes a deep breath. It is too late for him to regret now, “Yes, I do.”

Suho grins in delight upon hearing that. He can see that Yifan hesitated and he was a bit scared that Yifan may call off this wedding, but luckily for him, Yifan didn’t do that.

“Kim Junmyeon and Wu Yifan, will you please take this ring and place it on your respective groom’s finger.”

Suho proceeded to slide the silver and platinum band onto Yifan’s ring finger. Yifan did the same to his husband.

“I shall now pronounce you as husbands. You may now kiss the groom.”

Yifan’s eyes widened in shock after he hears that. How could he had forgotten about this? Is Suho really going to kiss him here? Is he going to lose his first kiss in front of hundred people?

“Mr. Kim, you may kiss the groom.” His uncle repeated himself  again, there is a tad bit of teasing in his voice when he notice that his nephew didn’t budge at all from his position.

A blush creeps up on Yifan cheeks when he saw Suho slowly lean in. His eyes widened again when Suho pressed his lips together with his, ever so slightly. And somehow, that one delicate kiss changed everything. It marked the very first of their many to be unforgettable moments of their budding relationship.

The moment that their lips met, Yifan could feel the butterflies stirring inside his stomach, like they were fluttering in preparation for the welcome of spring.

 


Yifan felt so tired right now since he had never stopped on entertaining every guests that had attended his and Suho wedding’s party. Why does his husband, yes, it’s about time for him to address that gremlin as his husband, had so many relatives, friends, and colleagues?

At least his burden eases a little because his son and Tao had went to taking a nap at one of the hotel rooms as if not, he would've been more tired since he had to control his brat’s behavior.

He then take a glance around his wedding hall. He only oversee the beginning of it and Suho had forbidden him to come after he injured himself at Suho’s penthouse, saying that he want to give a surprise to him. He must say that Suho did a very good job because everything looks so perfect. From the decor, to the hall down to the foods.

“Tired?” Suho asks as he hands a glass of orange juice to his husband.

Yifan then drinks the juice until the glass is empty, “Where have you been? Leaving me alone to entertain the guests?” He immediately spats at Suho because it is indeed the truth. Suho suddenly went missing when they were talking to one of Suho’s friends.

“I’m sorry. I went to washroom and bumped into one of my university classmates. We’ve talked quite a lot until we forgotten about the time.” Suho apologizes as he rubs his neck.

“Now that Mr. Suho Kim is here, can we ask the grooms to dance for us?” the announcement of the host had cut they budding argument of, leading to their shock.

The crowd cheers while Yifan groaned in annoyance. Isn’t it not enough that his first kiss been stolen in front the crowd, now that he had to dance too?

Suho clears his throat. He then stretches out his hand to his husband with a blush tinted on his cheeks.

“May I have the dance?”

Yifan raises his eyebrows when he saw the blush on his husband’s cheek.

So this man can feel shy too?

“Sure.” He replies coolly, as if he’s not overthinking how could I dance with him?!.

Yifan took Suho’s hand. Suho then drags him to the centre of the hall. He wraps his arms around his waist while Yifan wrapped his arms around his shoulder. The music starts to play, and they dance following the rhythm.

“There is something that I want to tell you.” Suho starts talking as they dance.

“What it is?”

“I’m going to call you ‘yeobo’ from today onwards.” Yifan may or may not stumbled a little in shock.

“What? Why do you want to called me that?” Yifan yells in shock. He quickly changes the tone of his voice when he realizes that some of the guests are staring at them. “Why can’t you call me like… before?”

“We’re married, right?”

“How does it related to this? Lots of husbands still call their spouse by their given name. Why can’t you do the same? Why do you want to called me ‘yeobo’?”

“It is too boring’” Suho shrugs as he gives his reason.

“Excuse me? Are you saying that my given name is boring?” Yifan asks while glaring at his husband.

“Of course not. What I meant was that all people are calling you by your given name. I want to call you something special. That’s all.”

Suho calling him special made him avert his eyes, “But, I-I’m not used to it.”

“Then, get used to it because I’m not going to change my mind.”

Yifan mentally curse Suho because he knows very well that Suho’s clearly taking advantage of their newly weds status to call him that and he would address if not because they are in public place right now.

“Also, I’ll not mind it if you want to called me baby, darling or sweetheart.” Suho continued as he wink at his husband.

He winced when Yifan suddenly steps on his foot.  

“I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to do that.” Yifan pretends to apologized. His lips almost curls into a smirk when he saw the pained expression on Suho’s face.

Suho shakes his head. He knows that Yifan did it on purpose, but he decided to let it go since he was the one who start it. They continued to dance as the guests starts to join them.

 


Suho stepped inside into their shared room. He gulped a little when he saw Yifan who was laying on their new bed, already changed his clothes into a blue t-shirt and short pants.

He couldn’t help it as his eyes roamed his husband’s milky long legs. If this is what his husband is going to wear everyday, he didn’t know how is he going to survive this.

“Had you put Sehun into sleep?” Yifan’s deep voice snaps him out from his reverie.

“Yes, Yeobo.” Suho answers as he walks toward the wardrobe. His lips curls into smile when he saw Yifan gripped the magazine on his hand.

Yifan counted one to three as he tried to calm his anger down. He didn’t want this simple matter lead them into argument again when they just got married today.

“I’m very sorry that you had to read a bedtime story to Sehun when you’re tired enough because of our wedding, but you know that the brat insisted.”

“It is fine, Yeobo. I don’t mind it.” Suho said while he’s taking out his t-shirt and track pants.

This man indeed is going to keep calling me ‘Yeobo’.

Yifan drops his magazine in anger, not expecting to watch Suho starting to his white shirt.

“Wh-what are you doing?”

“Changing my clothes.” Suho answered as he continues to his shirt.

“D-do you have to do it here?”

Suho then raises his eyebrows amusingly, “Oh? What is wrong with that? Both of us are man after all.”

“That’s because…”

Yifan stops mid sentence and he swallowed down when he saw the glimpse of Suho’s six pack abs.

Too much detail, huh, Yifan.

“I-I need to go to the washroom.”

Yifan quickly jumps down from the bed before he dashes towards the washroom. A loud thud can be heard after that. Suho chuckles while thinking that his husband can be cute sometimes.


A/n: I'm going to take a short break because of Chinese New Year. I'll see you again after two weeks