Chapter Twenty Four

Love Between Us

Instead of going to pick Sehun from the kindergarten, Yifan asked the taxi driver to change the destination. The driver was about to complain, but he shut him up with his glare.

Thus, here he was. At Seoul Memorial.

He then enters the room where his brother’s ashes been placed at. There are two male inside the room too. One of them is a petite man while another is almost as tall as him.  Judging by the way they stare at each other and the hand holding, there is no doubt that they were a couple.

“Your ex is a crazy man.” Yifan started. He was complaining a bit loud making the couple turned to look at him.

“What do you look at? You never see someone let out his anger to a dead person before?” Yifan rudely asked after he realize the couple’s stares. He doesn’t care if they’re going to think badly about him after this. He just needs to let this out before he loses his mind because of it.

“Let’s leave now, honey. We still can come again at another day.” The petite man said. The tall man nodded his head. Few seconds later, both of them then leave the room.

Yifan huffs before he turns back to face his brother’s picture.

“I seriously can’t understand what did you see at that man. Can you believe that he had asked me to marry him? Me who is his twin’s ex boyfriend. Is he out of his mind or something?”

Yifan’s expression immediately changed as he recalled back his and Suho’s conversation.

“He told me that the reason why he asked me because Sehun had asked him. And at the same time, he wanted to give Sehun a perfect family. I thought that Sehun was content with our life although it may not be perfect in people’s eyes. It never occured to me that he actually longed for a dad.”

Yifan stopped mid-sentence while he tries to get hold of himself.

“Ge, do you think it is about time for me to tell Suho-ssi the truth? About Sehun’s real identity? It is not that I want to hide it, but I don’t want him to take Sehun away from me. Sehun is too precious for me. I already lose you, Ge, and I can’t bear to lose Sehun too. But, I don’t know what else to do. Please tell me, Ge. What is the next step that I should take?”

Yifan stopped talking when he felt his phone vibrating inside his pocket. He took it out and a small sigh escaped from his lips as he saw the caller id.

“Yes, baby?”

“Mama, why you still haven’t come to pick Sehunnie? All Sehunnie’s classmates had been picking up by their parents including Tao. Sehunnie don’t like being alone at here.”

“I’m sorry, baby. I just need to stop by at some place. I’ll come to pick you now.”

“Fine, Sehunnie forgive mama. Come faster.”

“Yes, baby.”

Yifan ended the call. He gaze lingers at his brother’s picture for one last time before he walks out from the room.

 


“Mama, thank you for the books! Sehunnie likes it.” Sehun giggles as he hugs the two books given by his Mama, “Can Mama buy more? These two books only take two days for Sehunnie to finish it.”

Sehun looks up with his expectant eyes to Yifan who’s just staring blankly at him. Yifan just stares, actually didn’t hear every word that Sehun says. His mind can’t stop thinking about his meeting with Suho today and about his next actions to make. There is no way that he is going to marry that gremlin. He admitted that Suho is very good looking young man; anyone will feel lucky to have him as husband, but not him. They’re not in a relationship so why would he say yes to Suho’s proposal?

However, Sehun was the reason why Suho asked him. He always thought that Sehun was happy, that he didn’t need anyone else except him. However, he thought wrong. Sehun was growing up and he is getting smarter. Of course, he’ll feel that he is different from another kids, hence, he can’t blame Sehun a hundred percent for wanting a father in his life. Still, that doesn’t meant he needs to agree with his baby’s action.

“Mama!”

Yifan snapped out from trance. He turns to look at Sehun, the troublemaker who had started all of this.

“Yes, baby?”

“Sehunnie was asking Mama question. Why Mama is ignoring Sehunnie?” Sehun pouts to which Yifan gently cups the child’s face to soothe Sehun’s frowns.

“I’m very sorry, baby. I was thinking about something. What did you ask?”

“Sehunnie want mama to buy more storybooks for Sehunnie.”

“Yeah, sure. Lets us go to the bookstore this weekend.” The troublemaker’s eyes glints up upon hearing Yifan’s promise, “Then you can choose the storybook by your own.”

“Yeah! Thank you, mama. Mama is the best.” Sehun celebrated too early as Yifan remembers all the trouble this kid have made throughout this day.

“Baby, there is something that I need to ask. Before I went to pick you up, I met up with Uncle Suho. He told me...”

Yifan’s words were cut mid sentence by the still celebrating Sehun.

“Is that why mama were late? Did Uncle Suho asked you to meet up? Is he now my Ap--”

“Sehun, don’t cut me off.” Sehun felt the chills with his Mama’s reprimanding voice, “It is very rude.”

“Sorry, mama.”

“Uncle Suho told me something interesting and I think you know what it is.”

Sehun ducked his head. He had celebrated earlier not even thinking of his Mama’s reactions. Of course he’s going to be mad. He fidgets as he keeps tugging at his shorts. “Y-yes.”

“Sehun, please tell me why did you harassed Uncle Suho and ask him to become your stern tone. This troublemaker needs to know what has he done yesterday is something wrong.appa yesterday?” Yifan inquires in

“S-Sehunnie didn’t meant to harass Uncle Suho…” Sehun meekly started, obviously nervous of his Mama’s glare, “It is just that Sehunnie is different from Tao and other kids. Sehunnie didn’t have Appa and Sehunnie like Uncle Suho quite a lot.” Sehun did felt guilty for lying to his Mama because he prides himself as a good kid who never lies to his mama, but he didn’t want his plan of getting a baby sister ruined when he already planned it very well.

“Do you really like Uncle Suho that much?”

“Yes.” Sehun, the determined yet  mischievous child he is, used his eyes that he knows his Mama can’t refuse, “So can mama fulfill Sehunnie’s wish?”

“I-I…”

Yifan’s words were stuck at his tongue. He didn’t know how to tell Sehun that he wasn’t able to fulfill his demand and how to explain the reason why. Sehun looked so hopeful right now and he feels like he is a bad person for breaking his baby’s heart.

“Baby, let me think about it, okay?” He carreses the child’s cheeks gently “Marriage is a huge thing. I need few more days to think about it. Go take bath now.”

Maybe Sehun’s smiles and fast nod break Yifan’s fragile heart a little more. “Okay, Mama. Sehunnie wouldn’t force Mama. But, Sehunnie really hopes that Mama and Uncle Suho can get marry.”

Sehun then climbs down from the sofa before he head towards his room. Yifan lets out a sigh. He is stuck in two places right now; Should he sacrifice his single life and marry Suho just to fulfill Sehun’s wish or should he confess the truth to Suho about Sehun’s real identity and risk losing Sehun to Suho?

 


It has been a week since that proposal and Yifan never heard from Suho anymore. He even never bumped into that petite man again like that man literally vanished from earth. Maybe Suho was avoiding him or his words did get through the elder during their meeting last week.

However, that doesn’t mean he didn’t put on a lot of thoughts about that especially Sehun is very eager to have a new father figure in his life. That troublemaker who’s the one responsible for this mess couldn’t stop asking him almost every day whether he had said yes to Suho’s so called proposal.

Since he doesn’t want to break his baby’s heart, but at the same time, he couldn’t marry Suho, it only made him come to one conclusion. It is about time for him to tell Suho the truth about Sehun’s real identity.

Only then, they can discuss properly what they’re going to do next regarding Sehun. He prayed that Suho will not take Sehun away from him and he’ll still let him in Sehun’s life.

His ringing tone snapped him out from his reverie. He grabs his phone from his desk. He gulps when he saw the caller ID. It is Suho. This maybe his chance to a arrange meeting between both of them. He took a deep breath before he slid the green button.

“Hello, Suho-ssi.”

“I need your company’s address.”

How rude. He didn’t even greet me back. Yifan snaps while frowning.

“Why do you want to know where I work at?” He challenged back but the older seems to be not threatened.

“Please give it to me while I’m asking you nicely. If you don’t want to, I can ask Yixing. I think he’ll be very interested to know why I need it.”

“Fine!” Yifan grits his teeth, suppressing his temper rising, “You don’t have to involve Yixing. Do you know the tall blue building two blocks away from the shopping mall we met last week?”

“Yes, I did saw the building.”

“Well, that’s where I work at. Satisfied now? So now I w-”

Yifan’s words were cut off because the elder had ended his call. He stared at his phone in disbelief. How dare Suho treat him rudely? Was this some kind of revenge for rejecting his proposal? And what is the reason Suho wants to know where he works at? Never mind, he is going to arrange meeting with that gremlin soon so that he can get this over with.

 


As usual, Yifan busily keys in the data and numbers into his report so that he can keep his mind occupied. He did plan to call back Suho so that they can meet up after his anger finally had calm down, but his fingers hesitated to press the call button and it’s been going on for around 20 minutes. Thus, he decided to put this matter behind first and focus on his work.

His intercom then rings. He picks it up with his eyes still on the computer.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Wu, there is this man named Suho Kim at the front desk. He said he want to meet with you. Should I send him to your office?”

Yifan was shock to know that Suho was at his company. Is that the reason why he asked for his company’s address? So that he can come here to meet him? He’s still wasn’t ready to meet him although he already did made up his decision.

“Mr. Wu?”

“It is okay, Ms. Ahn. I’ll come out to meet up with him.”

Yifan dusts off his shirt. He then walks out from his office and towards the front desk. There standing is that gremlin, looking as good looking as usual, wearing a black suit with his arms are placed behind his back.

What is this man planning?

Yifan took a deep breath before he approached Suho. He’ll drag Suho to somewhat private place so that they can have a proper conversation out of his colleague’s hearing range.

“What are you doing at here?” Yifan immediately cut off the chase as there is no time for him to waste.

But he never expect that Suho to suddenly kneel down on one leg and takes out a banquet of roses behind his back.

This situation looks familiar. Please don’t tell me that he is…

“Will you marry me, Wu Yifan?” Suho asked. He then takes out the ring box from his pocket and opens it.

Few gasps then comes out from his colleagues’ mouth who were just passing by, now seemingly becomes interested and gathers around them.

“Wh-what?”

That was the only word that’s able to come out from Yifan’s lips as he was still dumbfounded by Suho’s action. He never thought that the elder will go to such extent to show his seriousness.

“I know that we’re just getting know each other and I understand why you’re wary to accept my proposal. However, I assure you that I’m very sincere to become your husband. I really want to spend my whole life with you. Please say yes.”

“Get up.” Yifan hisses as he eyes the forming circle of his colleagues around them.

“No, I’ll not get up until you say yes to my proposal.” Yifan felt the chills as he swears to see Sehun’s eyes of determination on the man in front of him, “Heck, I’m even willing to kneel here for hours or the whole day in order to make you say yes.”

“For god’s sake, please stop this act and get up.” Yifan started to plead because most of his colleagues had come to watch the show. News sure travel fast around here.

“You must know I’m quite a persistent man. I’ll do exactly what did I just said seconds ago.” Suho then winks at Yifan that makes the taller man panic more.

“Oh my god, such a romantic man. Mr. Wu, just say yes to him already.” One of his female colleagues yelled at him.

“Yes, I agree. You should said yes already. I can see that the man is very sincere. This kind of man is very hard to find nowadays and you shouldn’t let go such a big catch.” His another colleague said.

“Yifan-ssi, it is about time for you to settle down.”

What? Even my manager is watching this?!

He massaged his temples as his colleagues starts to urge him to accept Suho’s proposal while Suho’s staring at him with hope in his eyes.

What he’s about to do will either change his life for better or for worse.

“Fine! You win! I-I’ll marry you.”

The crowd dumbly cheers not knowing the internal breakdown that’s happening to the proposed man. Yifan would have groaned or shouted if not because he is in a public place right now. Because within a minute, he had signed his life to a loveless marriage.

“Thank you, Yifan-ssi.”

Suho gets up from the floor. He tooks out the ring from the ring box before he grabbed Yifan’s hand. Forcely. He then slides the ring on Yifan’s finger which happens to be exactly of his measure.

Yifan could only stare at the ring in disbelief while his colleagues claps their hands and cheered on the background.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

Suho rubbed his nape awkwardly at the sudden request. As for Yifan, that shout managed to woke him up from his trance. He quickly grabs Suho’s arm and dragged him towards the garden, ignoring the whistling coming from his male colleagues.

“What the are you doing? By pulling such stunt?!” Yifan spat out at his newly engaged fiance after he makes sure that they’re out of hearing range.

“I don’t have a choice since you rejected me last week.” Suho firmly challenged, much to Yifan’s impending anger.

Yifan massages his temples again, “I’ve already stated my reason. Why couldn’t you understand it?”

“Well, I’m apologizing for that. I did understand your reasoning,” Then why the did you-- “but I’m also very sincere on becoming part of your family. I promise you that I’ll try to do well in my part as your husband and Sehun’s dad.”

Yifan sighs exasperatedly, “That wasn’t the real problem here. L—”

Yifan stopped his sentence midway when he saw the ring on his finger. Something annoyingly clicks on his mind.

“This is not the ring that you’re planning to give my ge, right?”

“Of course not. Jiaheng’s ring was specially designed and your ring is brought by me.”

Ouch.

“So my Ge get an expensive designed ring while I get cheapskates ring. Wow, now I know where’s your priority at.” Yifan mockingly stated with his voice laced with mixed of venom and disappointment.

“Hey, your ring isn’t some cheapskate! It cost me quite lot and I even spend almost a week to find perfect ring for you.”

Yifan then stared at his ring again, “Y-you spend a week to find this ring?”

“You know for someone who doesn’t want to get marry, you sure care about the ring a lot.” Suho teased as he leans against the tree behind him. He grins in delight when he spot the blush on Yifan’s cheek.

That gremlin.

“That wasn’t the case! Go back to your work or to whatever you did before coming here. I need to continue my work.” He needs to be alone and sort out everything before he becomes a complete mess in front of this gremlin.

“Fine, I’ll not disturb you anymore. Let's find a suitable time to discuss about our upcoming wedding.”

Oh god, please don’t remind me that! Or better yet, if this is a nightmare, please wake me up from it.

“I’ll see you soon, fiance.”

Yifan was about to object it, but that petite man was quite fast because he’s already gone from there. Is it just him or Suho seemed to grow… bolder? There’s something on Suho’s smirks and teases that kinda makes him—

What is wrong with him? That isn’t the important part. He should be now thinking about his stupid decision that he had just made to sort out whatever this situation puts his relationship with Sehun on danger.

Another sigh comes out from his lips. It looks like that he wasn’t able to get everything done. He should ask permission to go back home earlier today and rethink about his decision that will surely affect his future.

 


Author's note: Yes, Krisho is gettig marry. XD