Chapter Eleven

Love Between Us

 

A small yawn escaped from Sehun's small lips and Yifan couldn't stop sneaking a glance at his baby while trying his best to focus his eyes on the road. He felt little bad for making Sehun go to kindergarten today when he doesn't have enough sleep last night because of the nightmare which kind of reminds him his own dream where Sehun was being taken away from him and he couldn't do anything but watch it happen.

He gripped the string tightly. He'll not let that happen. He definitely will put up a fight. He’s even willing to bring this matter to court so that he can get Sehun's custody.

His thoughts then was interrupted by Sehun’s yawning who was rubbing his eyes very cutely.

“Baby, do you want to stay at home today? You seemed very sleepy and tired. I can tell your teacher that you’re feeling unwell today. How about it?”

Sehun shook his head. "Don't worry, Mama. Today we have nap time after lunch so Sehunnie can sleep during that time. See, Sehunnie even bring Kuma. He is going to taking nap with Sehunnie today." Sehun then takes out his Rilakkuma doll from his bag and shows it enthusiastically to his mama.

Yifan let out a small chuckle upon seeing that. His baby can be too much cute sometimes, “If you think you can to go to kindergarten today, then I’m fine with it.”

“Sehunnie also need to apologize to Taozi about yesterday.”

Yifan's blood drains from his face when he finally remembers Yixing. He was too focused on Suho and not getting Sehun taken away from him that he’d already forgotten that Yixing was there yesterday. There is no doubt that there were millions of questions running inside Yixing's mind right now and he doesn't know how to face that.

His heart beats wildly as his car gets closer to the kindergarten's car park. He parks his car once he reached his destination. He looked around the kindergarten's compound and he was a bit relieved that he didn't spot Yixing and Tao.

He quickly climbs down from the car before walking towards the passenger seat. He then opens the door and helped Sehun to climb down from his seat. He holds Sehun’s hand and walks the boy towards the door.

“Bye, baby.”

Yifan was about to leave when Sehun tugged his pants. He looked around for one more time to ensure that Yixing hasn't arrived before turning to face Sehun. He raised his eyebrow slightly after he saw the pout on Sehun's lips.

“What’s wrong, baby?”

“Mama, you didn't kiss Sehunnie goodbye,” Sehun said as the pout on his lips gets bigger.

A small sigh then escaped from Yifan's lips. This was one of Sehun's important conditions that he has to fulfill every time he dropped Sehun off. If he didn't do it, Sehun will sulk for a whole day and he’s going to undergo hard times coaxing him.

“I’m sorry, baby. There was something on my mind just now. How about I make up to you by giving you two kisses today? What do you say, baby?”

Sehun nodded his head eagerly making Yifan smile. He bends down and kisses both of Sehun's cheek. Sehun then thanked his mama before running towards his classroom. Yifan just shakes his head at his baby's behavior.

“Yifan-ge!”

. He inwardly curses as he shuts his eyes. He had forgotten about Yixing! He wasn’t ready to face him yet. What should he do right now?

“Han, can you bring Taozi to his classroom so I can talk with Yifan-ge alone?”

“Sure.”

Luhan secretly sneaks glances at Yifan when he and his son walks past him. To tell the truth, he was quite shocked to see how similar Yifan's face with Jiaheng. If he didn't hear from Suho that Jiaheng has a twin, he’ll definitely think that they are the same person.

Maybe Suho was right. Yifan could be the only person who knows about Jiaheng which is why he hopes that his husband will be able to convince Yifan to meet up with Suho. Yixing has that kind of power to make people obey his demands.

Yixing waited until his husband and his son leaves his eyeshot before he starts speaking.

“Yifan-ge, can we…”

He wasn't able to finish his word when Yifan already run off towards the parking lot. He really wanted to stop him but of course without running since it was a bit hard for him to run and strain himself ㅡ carrying and putting his children on his womb in jeopardy. Thus, there was only one way for him…

“Ge, do you really want me to chase you? Me, who’s currently pregnant right now? Fine, I'll do that. If something happens to me and my babies…”

Yifan quickly cut off Yixing’s words.

“Yixing, please just stop, okay? I really don't want something happen to you and your babies. How am I able to live with that guilt?”

"Then, stop running away from me," Yixing replied as he walks closer to Yifan.

Yifan sighed as he ran his finger through his tuft of blonde hair.

“I already know what you do want to talk about and I’m not ready to talk about it. For now”

"Look, ge, I'm not going to lie. I indeed was curious but I'm not going to query or force you to talk about you and your twin's personal life. I'll wait until you’re ready to talk about it. However, at least talk or meet up with Suho-ge. He really wants to know your twin's whereabouts.”

“That…”

“Please, Ge. I'd known Suho-ge for a long time and he really wasn't himself anymore after your twin left him. At least give him some closure if your twin had already moved on.” Yixing pleaded using his most powerful weapon, his wide, pleading, puppy eyes.

Yifan sighed again. He really couldn't say no when Yixing pleaded him with that pitiful look of his.

“Give me his phone number and I’ll think about it.” He replied before taking out his handphone and hand it to Yixing.

“Thank you, Ge.” Yixing said as he took Yifan's handphone. He quickly typed in Suho’s as well as his contact number on Yifan’s phone before giving it back to him.

“I had key in my number too. I hope that we can hang out together with our children after this.”

“Y..yeah...sure," Yifan replied as he scratched his cheek. His eyes widened a little when a petite, feminine man suddenly put his arms around Yixing's waist.

“Baobei, have you finished? I have an important presentation with a client at 10 a.m. today.” Luhan said as he glances at his watch.

Ah… this must be Yixing's husband. I finally can get a proper look at him.

“Yes, but can we stop by at my favorite coffee shop first? I’m suddenly craving for their banana muffin.”

“Anything for you, my angel.”

“Thank you so much, Han. Let’s go now. Bye-bye, Yifan-ge.”

Luhan then led Yixing to the parking lot while Yifan watched the couple leaving. He still couldn't understand why Yixing constantly complaints about his husband so much when his husband is very loving and absolutely can put up with his whims.

 


 

Yifan yawned for the umpteenth time that day. He decided to come home early today so he can get some rest before he prepare their dinner. He somehow didn't have the energy to cook today but he’s very much against on ordering take out as it wasn't healthy and he wanted Sehun to eat healthily.

“Mama, why you don’t open the door?”

Yifan snapped from his thoughts. He smiled apologetically to Sehun before he unlocks the door. He let Sehun walked inside first as he trails from behind. He frowns a little when Sehun just simply throw his shoes and bag on the floor before running towards the living room.

“Wu Sehun, stop it right there!”

Sehun's body becomes stiff. He knows he was in trouble because his mama had called out his full name with his stern voice.

Sehun slowly turns facing his mama. He gulped when he saw both of his mama’s hands on his waist.

“Yes, Mama?”

“Didn’t I told you that you must put your shoes on the shoe rack and you can’t simply throw things on the floor?”

“You did, Mama…" Sehun didn't dare raise his head up to face his mama.

“Then, why are you still doing it?”

“Sehunnie is sorry, mama. Today have a new cartoon and Sehunnie want to watch it.”

Yifan can feel that his heart softened a little when he saw Sehun's pitiful expression on his face, still, he needs to act tough in order for Sehun to become more disciplined who is now getting bratty nowadays.

Like father like son. There is no doubt that this behavior is coming from Ge.

“I'm going to take a short nap. You better make sure your shoes are on the shoe rack and your bag is in your room before I woke up, understand?”

“Yes, Mama.”

“Good boy.”

Yifan then entered his room. He took out his handphone from his pants’ pocket. He was about to put it on the bedside table when he remembers Suho. He then sits down on his bed and stared at his handphone. His mind is in turmoil right now. He really doesn't want to call the man who had broken his brother's heart, but he wants to stop being afraidㅡ being coward.

He turned his head to stare at the picture of him and his brother and then he remembered Yixing’s words about giving Suho a closure.

Yixing is right. The least I can do is informing him about Ge’s death so that both of us can finally move on from our life.

He took a deep breath before pressed the number. He anxiously taps his fingers on his lap as he waited for Suho to answer his call.

And it was only a moment before the man answered.

“Hello.”

Finally!

“Hello.” Yifan greeted back.

“Jia...jiaheng?”

“Err, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Jiaheng. I'm Yifan.”

“Ohh… Both of you not only look the same but also sound the same.”

Something suddenly tugged Yifan's heartstrings a little as he heard the underlying disappointment and sadness from Suho and he couldn't understand why it bothers him so much.

“Yixing gave me your number and asked me to call you.”

“Yes, I did. I’m…”

Yifan decided to quickly cut-off the chase, “I know who you are. You're my brother's boyfriend. He had left you five years ago and you believe that I know his whereabouts, correct?”

“Yes, everything you say is right. Do you know where is he right now?”

“I do.” Yifan bites his lips.

“Then…”

“Meet me at Seoul Memorial tomorrow at 4 p.m. Don’t be late.”

“W-what? Why you want to meet me at there?”

“You’ll know it tomorrow. Bye.”

Yifan quickly ended the call without waiting for Suho to finish his word. He hopes that he had made the right decision by bringing Suho to visit his brother.

 


 

Yifan clicked his tongue in annoyance as he glances at his watch. What takes Suho so long to reach there? Fifteen minutes had passed since their promise time and he’s going to be late to pick Sehun from the kindergarten. If he doesn't want to get over with this matter, he would have left long ago.

"Yifan-ssi." Someone with a soft voice called him.

He then turned around and he finally faces to face with the man who broke his Ge's heart. Now, that he finally get a better look at Suho, he must admit that Suho is really the definition of beauty with his pale skin and his blond hair. He was wearing a blue buttoned long sleeve shirt and long black pants which makes him look like professional. No wonder his brother was smitten by him.

Snapped out from it, Yifan. Don't ever forget that he’s the one who breaks Ge's heart and also has the potential to take Sehun away from you.

“You’re late. Do you know I have to pick up my son after this?”

“Y-you’re married?” Suho sounded a bit shock which slightly offended Yifan

“I’m not here to talk about my personal life which I don’t think is related to you in the first place.’’

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be late. I have to attend a patient just now.’’

“Whatever. Are you here to meet my brother right? So let’s just get this over with.”

“But I still cannot understand why you want me to come here. Was Jiaheng the one who wants to meet at here?”

“Oh… you’ll know it soon enough.” Yifan turns his back and walks inside the building, leaving a baffled and confused man behind “Just follow me.”

There was this uneasy feeling inside Suho's heart after Yifan told him their meeting place and it definitely gets bigger as he followed Yifan. Yifan entered one of the rooms ㅡa simple columbarium smaller than his family’s yet wide enough to accommodate at least a hundred other urns and the two of them without touching each otherㅡ and he quickly stopped to avoid banging on Yifan’s back who’s now standing as they reached the center. He felt weird why Yifan stopped there. He wants to take a peek at the picture but Yifan's tall figure had covered it making him unable to see it.

“It had been a long time.” Yifan starts quietly, “I'm sorry that I hadn't come to visit lately. I've been a bit busy nowadays since I just got promoted to an assistant manager. Oh yeah, I brought someone with me today and I believe that you may still want to meet him.” Yifan said before he stepped aside to let Suho see who he was talking to.

Suho let out a shocking gasp when he finally sees the picture and the words inscribed on it.

WU JIAHENG

BELOVED SON AND BROTHER

1990-2013

There was a moment of silence that Yifan had expected from the man who’s shock is visibly seen. He’s about to bid the man goodbye to give him some space and pick up Sehun when a small yet shaky voice erupts from the other man.

“This couldn't be happening. Jiaheng couldn't be dead.” Suho said with an unbelievable expression on his face.

“Do you think I’ll put my immense effort on faking his death?” Yifan grimaced, not even hiding the venom on his tone “I would never lie about my own brother's death. As you can see my brother indeed had died five years ago. I bet you must be happy with this as you can finally be free with your mistress!” Yifan couldn't stop himself from yelling as he lets out his anger at Suho.

“What are you talking about?” Suho was still having a hard time processing that his lover had died, and now Yifan suddenly accusing him of having a mistress definitely isn't easing the pain he’s feeling.

“Oh, don't pretend to be an innocent man right now. You had cheated on my brother. He saw you hugging a woman at your workplace five years ago. Not only that you even said ‘I love you' to her.”

Suho quickly absorbed all the shock and takes a step back at that accusation, “Was that the reason why Jiaheng left me? It... it must be some kind of misunderstanding!” He quickly tried to remember the last time he had seen Jiaheng and his jaws clenched with the memory, “It was all a misunderstanding! I'll never cheat on Jiaheng! I l-love him so much to do that. And the woman who you were talking about is my cousin. She works as a jewelry designer. I was asking her help to make me make a ring for Jiaheng that I was planning to use to propose to him.”

“What?” It was Yifan’s turn to be shocked being scoffing, “You’re planning to propose to my Ge?”

“Yes, I did. Why does this have to happen? Why didn't he ever tell me about it? This surely would have been cleared and tell him the truth. . . even though I had planned this secret as a surprise for him...”

Is he crying? Yifan thought when he saw tears coming down from Suho's eyes and he doesn't understand why it starts tugging his heartstrings after he saw that.

No. Ge isn’t that dumb for leaving on such a shallow thing. There must be something more from it.

“Does it matter? Whatever you said right now can't bring my brother back. You need to accept that fact. Goodbye.”

Suho just stands there without saying anything. He was still unable to accept the fact that the man that he been searching for all these years actually had died. Yifan glanced at Suho pitifully. He knows it'll come to this but he didn't have a choice. This may be the only way to protect his and his brother's secret.

I'm sorry, Ge. Please understand that I'd like to hide Sehun's existence from him.

He sighs before he walked off from there, leaving Suho behind. He stopped his steps abruptly when he heard the man’s quiet yet shaking voice, as if trying to converse to Jiaheng while hiding the fact he’s obviously crying. He turned around and once again his heart aches when as he saw Suho had lose his strength and knelt down on the ground, crying his heart out.


Author's note: Writing the scene where Suho was discovered Jiaheng's death was a bit hard for me because it reminds me the day when I discovered the news that my godmother had died during sleep almost a year ago. My godmother is actually my colleague from work and we're very close likes mother and daughter. Not only that, we're hanging out together one day before she died, thus, it was quite shocking for all of us at the office.

So please cherish people who close to us because we don't know what happens in future. 

Also, I'll take this opportunity to wish my Muslim friends and readers Happy Ramadan.