Chapter Twelve

Love Between Us

 

 

Today has gone smoothly for Luhan. First, he manages to score a business deal with the significant client after months of him trying to convince that said client to accept their company deal.

Then, his employer let him off work early today to repay his hard work so he can spend more time with his family whom he’s admitted to neglect a little bit lately because of work. Luckily, he has a patient, very understanding pregnant husband who doesn’t mind him getting home late or seldom at home. Instead, Yixing even encourages him to work hard.

And lastly, he is so delighted that his hyperactive son decided to sleep early today. Don't get him wrong; he loves his son very much and with their twins coming, but then he also wants to spend alone some quality time with his husband although he has to suffer watching romance dramas with Yixing.

His thoughts were interrupted by Yixing who was squealing in delight when the main character does something romantic to his lover. Although they were married for quite a long time, Luhan still finds himself falling in love with his husband again.

“Why do you keep on staring at me? Is there something on my face?” Yixing asks.

“No, there was nothing on your face. It’s just that I find myself uptaken by your beauty.”

Yixing then blushed upon hearing his husband’s declaration.

“Stop saying such ridiculous words.”

Luhan pretends to gasp shockingly. “How could you say that, baobei? I was telling the truth. You indeed are the most beau....”

Yixing quickly covered Luhan’s mouth before he could finish his sentence. Blush still evident and seems to redden even more on both of his cheeks, Luhan mentally cooes at his husband’s cuteness.

He then pulled Yixing’s hand from his lips. Yixing tries to pull away, albeit half hearted, but Luhan tightened his grip even more. And, couldn't stop himself from leaning closer to his husband, both closed their eyes as he shortens the distance. Feeling their warm breathes hitting their lips, he was about to feel the tenderness that he has missed for a long time…

If his handphone didn’t rang suddenly.

He groaned in annoyance while his husband shyly giggled and pushes him away. The call ended before he can answer the call and he hoped that the caller wouldn't call him back, but it seems that his luck has run out that night because a few minutes later, his handphone starts ringing again. He wanted to ignore it; however, he couldn't because Yixing asked him to answer the call, saying that it might be important since the person calls at this hour.

Yeah, why call at this ‘quarter-to-ten-late-night’ hour? He lets another groan and quickly answers the call without even looking at the caller id.

“What?” He asked with much displeasure, rude tone.

“Hyung…”

The anger that Luhan felt a minute ago melted down as he recognizes the voice from other line.

“Suho? What is wrong? You sounded like you’ve been... crying.”

“C-can you come to pick me up, hyung? I don’t think I’m in the condition of driving right now. I’m currently at Seoul memorial.”

Seeing his husbands frown, Yixing asks the caller in which Luhan mouthed as ‘Suho’, “I don’t have a problem with that, but what are you doing at Seoul memorial?”

“I’ll tell you once you get here.”

“Fine. I’m coming now.”

Luhan quickly ended the call. He is quite worried about his best friend since Suho sounded that he’s been crying and that made him wonder what had happened to the guy.

“What is wrong with Suho-ge?” Yixing asked. He’s been listening to his husband and Suho’s conversation and just like his husband, he’s also worried about Suho.

“I don’t know, baobei. I need to go pick Suho up now. Let’s hope he’ll tell me everything once I was there rather than keeping it again to himself.”

“Be careful when you’re driving.”

“Okay.”

Luhan then pecked Yixing’s lips gently before taking his car keys and his jacket as he hurriedly leaves the house.

 


 

Luhan quickly stops his car engine as he spots Suho sitting by the stairs. He then climbs down from his car and approaches Suho. He was getting worried about his best friend when he first saw his clothes drenched, before even noticing Suho’s tear stricken face.

‘Didn’t the rain stopped 4 hours ago?’

“Suho, can you tell me what are you doing at this place? Is that somehow related why you are crying?”

Suho didn’t said anything. He gets up from the stairs and walks closer to Luhan. He only manages to take few steps before his knees finally given up on him. He would have collapsed on the floor if not because of Luhan’s fast reflex.

“Please tell me what is wrong with you. Do you know that you’re making me much more worried?”

“He...He is inside.”

“Huh? Who is inside?”

Jiaheng’s twin brought me here…” Luhan’s face contorted as he holds on to the sobbing male. He actually thought Suho was just intoxicated but seeing the place he’s on, plus the soaked-up suit he wears during his shifts, he knows the man has been there for hours and gave him a bad feeling on this.

“H-he brought me here to meet Jiaheng… who actually has died five years ago… I…” Suho couldn’t finish his words as he starts to cry again.

Luhan freezes, inevitably shocked to hear that. It just never occurred to him that Jiaheng actually had died and he knows too well how deep Suho’s love towards Jiaheng. For the first time in his life, he feels helplessㅡ watching and he not knowing how to comfort his friend. All he can do is pull Suho into his arms and listen to his cries.

 


 

“Uncle Suho...Uncle Suho…” Suho opens his eyes the moment he hears someone calling his name. He lets out a small groan when the blinding sunlight shineㅡ or much more hitㅡ his face.

“Uncle Suho, wake up. Taotao wants to eat breakfast with you.” Suho’s eyes snaps open as he recognizes the small boy’s voice. He turns his face and saw Tao had already climbed on his bed with a small smile on the boy’s lips.

At first, he wondered how Tao did manage to come inside his apartment. However, his memories from last night started coming back to him, and he finally remembers that he’s actually at Luhan’s home.

Luhan brings him back to his house after he had stopped crying last night despite that he had rejected it because he doesn’t want to trouble his friend, but Luhan insisted on, making him finally give in to it.

“Yeah! Yeah! Uncle Suho has woken up! Taotao finally can eat breakfast with Uncle Suho,”

Suho couldn’t stop himself from smiling at Tao’s cute act despite that he was still in his depressed state.

“Is that so? I need to go wash my face first.”

“Then Taotao will wait for you here. Taotao wants to go down with you.”

Suho gives another smile to Tao. Only Tao can make him forget his heart break and anxieties for a while.

“Sure. We’ll go down together later.”

 


 

“What?! The man that Suho-ge had been waiting and searching for all these years had died five years ago?”

“Baobei, can you tone down your voice? My headache is getting worse,” Luhan said with his head buried by his arms on the dining table. He didn't have enough decent sleep last night.

“Sorry about that. I’ll go get you painkiller now,” Yixing replied. He was about to walk towards the kitchen when his husband grabs his hand.

“Don’t go…stay here with me.”

Luhan then laid his head on Yixing’s protruding stomach. Yixing chuckles softly as he ran his hand on Luhan’s brunette hair.

“You still haven’t answered my question. Was it the truth that Suho-ge’s lover had died...five years ago?”

“What a good way to spoil my mood.”

Yixing then pinched his husband’s arm. He smiles in delight when he heard his husband yelps in pain.

“Answer me.”

“Yes, it’s true Yifan brought him to his brother’s resting place yesterday.”

“That explains why Yifan-ge was very reluctant to meet Suho-ge.” Yixing thinks ponderly, “He didn’t know how to deliver his brother’s death to Suho-ge. This must break Suho-ge’s heart.”

“Of course, it does. He loved Jiaheng too much. He even planned to propose to Jiaheng before Jiaheng’s disappearance.”

“Oh my god… he even planned to propose. Poor Suho-ge. What is he going to do now?”

Before Luhan can answer, his words were cutted off by Suho who just enters the dining room while holding hands with his son.

“Tao! Have you gone disturb Uncle Suho?” Yixing yelled.

Tao quickly hides behind Suho. “Uncle Suho, save Tao!”

“Please don’t be mad at him, Yixing. I was already awake when he came to get me.” Suho said as he runs his hand through Tao’s hair with a wink on the chuckling child. “And, also, both of you don’t worry about me. I’m not going to lie by saying that I’m fine now. The person who was very precious to me had died, and it still breaks my heart. Still, I’m not going to do something stupid because I don’t think that was Jiaheng wanted me to do. I just… needed time to heal.”

“Fine, we believe you.” Luhan sighs in relief as he removes his arms around his husband, but not going far from the younger, “And if you ever need anything, please do know that we’re here for you.”

Suho’s lips then curls into a small smile, “I know, hyung, and I appreciated that very much.”

 

 


 

Time flies so fast. A month has passed since Yifan’s last meeting with Suho. There was nothing that changed between him and Yixing’s relationship. Instead, they even got closer than before. He was glad that Yixing was such an understanding man because never once did Yixing mention anything about Suho whenever they hang out together with their children.

Still, he couldn’t stop remembering that day when he brought Suho to his brother’s resting place. Those cries that he heard still haunted him to this day. Judging by the situation, it was evident that Suho loves his brother, but then again, why would he cheat on his brother in the first place? Did Suho tell him the truth when he said it was a misunderstanding between him and his brother? Still, there is no way that his brother would run away because of that mere disagreement.

Yifan sighs. He really should stop thinking about this matter. It doesn’t relate to him anymore. He already did his part by informing his brother’s death. He wants to move on from his past.

“Mama! Can you walk faster?” Sehun said while tapping his feet impatiently on the ground.

Yifan snaps out from his reverie. He had forgotten that they are still in the shopping complex to buy Sehun’s clothes because Sehun somehow had grown a few inches taller in overnight and his clothes couldn’t fit him anymore.

“I’m coming, baby.”

Sehun quickly runs towards the kids’ clothing store. Yifan sighs deeply before also entering the store. He starts to choose a few clothes for Sehun, but all were rejected by Sehun who says that the clothes are not his style at all.  

Yifan rolled his eyes. Aside from inheriting his twin’s stubborn and lazy behavior, Sehun’s also very choosy when it comes to clothes since Jiaheng was the same too. He better prepare himself. He is going to spend hours at this store.

“Mama, I want that!”

Yifan turns his head towards where Sehun pointed at; a kid mannequin wearing a red button-up shirt covered with a brown jacket and long brown pants.

“You want that?”

Sehun nodded his head eagerly. Yifan mentally cheered. Maybe he doesn’t have to spend hours at this store after all. He then called the staff and asked them to take the clothes for him. The lady asked him to wait at the cashier’s counter while she went to make the clothes for him.

“Is this all?” asked the cashier.

“Sehunnie baby, do you need anything else?”

Sehun shakes his head.

“Yes, that will be it.”

“You have an adorable son.”

Yifan smiled, “Thank you. He is quite a troublemaker too.”

“Most boys are like that,” the cashier says as she scans the clothes.

Sehun looks around the shop as he waits for his mama to pay for the clothes. His eyes lit up when he saw a clown standing in front the store while giving balloons to the kids. He wanted it too. He then tugs on his mama’s sleeve gently.

“Can you wait a minute, baby? I need to pay for your clothes first.”

Sehun pouted when his mama ignored him. He looks outside the store again. He gasped a little when he saw the clown is leaving. No! His ballon! He quickly runs out of the store to chase the clown.

“The total amount will be $134. Would it be cash or card?”

“I’ll pay using the credit card,” Yifan said as he took out his wallet from his pocket. He then hands the card to the cashier who takes it with a smile.

“Thank you for buying from our shop. Have a nice day,” the cashier greeted as she gave the shopping bag to Yifan.

“Sehunnie baby, let’s…”

Yifan stops his sentence halfway when he notices that Sehun is not standing beside him. He looks around the shop for Sehun’s presence, hoping the kid playing with some toys but Sehun wasn’t inside the shop. He lets out a small groan. The kid must have run out from the store when he was paying just now. He bows his head before he runs out from the store. He needs to search for his baby before anything terrible happens to him.

 


 

“Mama…”

Sehun sobs as he calls for his mama. He regrets running out from the shop to chase the clown. Now he is lost because he couldn’t remember which way he comes from and he wasn't able to spot his mama in this big building.

He was too engrossed looking for his mama that he didn’t saw a man with a blonde hair stop in front making him bump into that man. As a result, he falls onto the floor, making him cry harder because of that.

The man quickly bends down. “Oh god. I’m very sorry, little boy. I didn’t mean to bump into you. Are you hurt somewhere?” The man gently asked.

Sehun shakes his head, “Sehunnie is fine….” This man looked familiar to Sehun, but he couldn’t remember where he saw this man before.

“What are you doing here alone? Where are your parents?”

“Sehunnie only wanted balloon...so Sehunnie chase the clown...now Sehunnie doesn’t know where mama is…”

“You mean to say that you’ve been separated from your mama just now?”

Sehun nods his head. Tears were still falling from his eyes.

“Come with me then. I’ll bring you to a place where they can help you find your mama.” The man said as he wiped Sehun’s tears using his handkerchief.

“But...mama said don’t simply follow a stranger.”

The man let out a small chuckle. He then ruffles Sehun’s hair, “Your mama is right, but I’m not a bad guy. I want to help you to reunite with your mama. I bet your mama must be worried sick about you right now. So can we go now?”

“Mhmm...o...okay…”

The man helps Sehun to get up from the floor. He dusts Sehun’s pants before holding his hand. The man then brings Sehun to the information counter.

“Good afternoon, miss. This boy is lost. Can you help to announce that? I believe that his mother is looking for him right now.”

“Sure. What is your name, little boy?”

“My name is Wu Sehun.”

The man stared at Sehun shockingly, “Wu Sehun… couldn’t be that....”

The woman then announces that Sehun is waiting for his mother at the information counter while the man couldn’t stop staring at Sehun. He finally realizes that he saw Sehun before, but somehow he couldn’t recall where.

“Mama!” Sehun yelled excitedly when he saw his mama running towards the information counter. He quickly runs towards his mama, and his mama pulled him into his arms.

The man’s eyes widened when he finally saw Sehun’s mama.

“Don’t scare me like that again!” Yifan scolded as he checked Sehun’s body for any wound.

“Sehunnie is sorry…Sehunnie saw clown….holding balloons, and Sehunnie wanted one…so…Sehunnie chased the clown,” Sehun stuttered when he saw his mama’s angry expression.

A small sigh then escaped from Yifan’s lips, “Didn’t I tell you that you should tell me whenever you want to go somewhere? Do you know how worried am I just now? I even almost report to the police when I wasn’t able to find you. Luckily, I heard the announcement that you’re here.” Yifan nags before cooing his baby to stop crying and wipes the tears away, “But, how did you know to get here in the first place?”

“A kind uncle bring Sehunnie to here.”

“A kind uncle…” Yifan then looked behind Sehun, wanting to express his sincere gratitudeㅡ not to gulp and stare as if he’d seen a ghost when he saw the man standing in front the information counter. The man whom he wanted to avoid the most.

“We meet again, Yifan.”


Author's Note: I need to thank all of my readers for your support. I really appreciate it. Hope all of you enjoy this chapter.

P.S get ready for SuhoxSassy Yifan moments in the next chapter. ;)