Chapter Seven

Love Between Us

Three months have passed and Jiaheng never thought that his tutoring session with Suho would last this long. He even planned to quit multiple times, but every time he wanted to voice it out his words would always get stuck in his tongue because of his handsome tutor.

He couldn’t bear to see the disappointed expression on Suho’s face who’s not only his tutor, but also the love of his life. Yes, he did realize that he had a faint but now a firm and definite crush towards Suho. At first, he didn’t know why he would always get this weird feeling whenever Suho is around or why would his heart beats wildly inside his chest whenever their hands accidentally touched.

Despite both him and his twin has good looking face, both never had any lover before which made him quite confused and helpless about this matter. Thus, he decided to seek advice from his friends and his friends laughed at him while telling him that he had fallen in love.

Of course, he denied it and keeps on thinking that there is no way he would fall for Suho. Yet, one time Suho went back to Korea with his uncle and his uncle’s family for two weeks, it was the moment he knew something isn’t right with his poor heart.

 At the beginning, he was happy because he could take break from their tutoring sessions, but after three days, however, he starts to miss Suho.

He keeps on staring at his hand phone while wondering why Suho hadn’t called him and contemplates if should he have called Suho first. He’s been doing the staring thing almost a week until Yifan notice it and asked him why he couldn’t stop staring at his handphone. Again, he had to lie from his twin.

Suho finally called him that night and he was so happy that he almost jumped in delight. That is when his friend’s words finally hit him. He finally accepts the fact that, yes, he indeed had fallen in love with Suho and he didn’t know what to do with his new found feelings.

Once again, he seeks advice from his friends. Some of them encouraged him to confess while some of them asked him to seduce Suho which a tinge of blush crept up onto his cheeks upon hearing that. After thinking it thoroughly, he decided to confess-- but it is not as easy as he thought because there is a chance Suho isn’t into men and although there is also a chance that Suho is gay, he may not accept his confession and that thought made him even more scared to confess.

“Earth to Jiaheng.” Suho said as he waved his hand in front Jiaheng’s face.

Jiaheng snapped out from his thoughts and he finally remembered that he and Suho are currently having their last tutoring session because his exams are starting tomorrow. It made him a bit sad because they may stop seeing each other after this.

“Are you okay? You kept on losing focus. Are you stressed because of the exam tomorrow? You don’t have to worry. I think you’ll do great in your exam.” Suho gently pats Jiaheng’s hand which made Jiaheng blush.

“T-Thank you although that wasn’t the real reason why I am losing focus. That’s because …you know…I…” He choked on his own saliva when Suho suddenly hold his hand.

“You can tell me everything. You don’t have to be afraid. I will not judge you.”

Jiaheng bites his lips while tugging his shirt nervously. Sweat slowly forms on his forehead while Suho stared at him anticipatingly.

“Jiaheng?”

“Arewegoingtostopseeingeachafterthis?” Jiaheng quickly said the words in one go which made Suho furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you properly. You were saying too fast. Can you repeat it again?”

Jiaheng mentally cursed himself for saying it too fast. Now he had to repeat it again. He took a deep breath before opening his mouth to say those dreaded words again.

“I was asking since my exam is tomorrow which means our tutoring session is over. Does this mean we’re going to stop seeing each other after this?”

After completely rephrasing the words, he finally said it. He can hear the clock ticking as he waits for Suho to answer his question. He just never expected that Suho would laughed aloud and it made him think what is so funny about his question?

“That’s what you worry about? I thought you have realized by now that our relationship is more than a tutor and his student.”

Jiaheng’s heart beating fast, what does he meant by that? Could it be that…

“We’re friends, aren’t we? We still can hangout after this if you want.”

“Y…yes…of course…we’re friends.” Jiaheng sourly replied. There is a hint disappointment underneath his tone. Great, I’m stuck in the friendzone.

He quickly ducked his head so he can start reading his book and stop the conversation.  However, his mind couldn’t focus because he couldn’t stop repeating Suho’s words until he didn’t realize that Suho was staring at him amusedly.

 


 

Jiaheng felt that God is purposely torturing him today. His day just couldn’t become worse. First, he discovered that he is stuck in the friendzone with his crush. He was planning to go home after his tutoring session over so he can buried himself inside the blanket and no, he isn’t going to cry because of this. He is too manly to cry because Suho indirectly had rejected him. (Of course it is a lie).

However, Suho insisted to send him home since the sky was getting dark and it looks like it’s going to rain soon. Not only that, Suho warns him that the thugs are going to get revenge on him after Suho had reported them to the cops which is the reason why Suho couldn’t allow him to go home alone. He’s not going to lie, he was very touched that Suho cared about him, but he was disappointed when he realized that Suho may only care for him as a friend.

Because of that, he tries to reject Suho’s offer by saying that the thugs never bothered him anymore and it was a few minutes walk to bus stop since he didn’t think he could last if he was alone in the car with Suho, but he had forgotten that Suho is one hell of persistent guy and here he is right now. Inside Suho’s car.

He was going to pretend that he had fallen asleep so that he could avoid conversation with Suho. However, he wasn’t able to do so when Suho start singing along when one of Korea’s famous girl group song play on the radio. He seldom listens to music, thus, he couldn’t recalled the girl group name. All he could remember was that girl group named after a cake flavor.

But, that wasn’t the main problem. The main problem was Suho has a very beautiful voice. If Suho’s ever changing his mind from becoming a doctor, he can pursue professional singing. He believes that with Suho’s beautiful voice, he definitely will become a successful singer.

“Oh, it started to rain. Do you want me to turn up the heater?”

Jiaheng quickly shakes his head. The temperature isn’t that cold yet. He then bites his lips. It is raining season and his brother couldn’t stand cold weather. Yifan would always gets sick whenever the weather was too cold or during winter season. He felt a bit guilty when he remembered that he had heard Yifan coughing non-stop in the middle of the night, yet, he didn’t make any effort to go help his brother. They may be on the talking terms right now, but their relationship wasn’t like before.

“Which way should we go now? Left or right?”

“R-right.” Jiaheng stuttered a little. He mentally scolded himself for stuttering in front of Suho.

“Are you really okay?” Suho asked with a slight concern in his tone.

“I ensure you that I’m really fine. I was a bit nervous because of the exam tomorrow. I was afraid that I’m not able to do well tomorrow. I don’t want your effort gone wasted, you know.” Jiaheng wasn’t lying. He indeed was a little bit nervous about tomorrow’s exam. He’s scared that he’s going to fail again and Suho’s effort tutoring him will gone down to drain.

“Didn’t I told you that you don’t have to worry about it? I can see that you have improved quite a lot and you should be more confident in yourself. You definitely will do well tomorrow.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Suho said and flashed his angelic smile to Jiaheng.

Suho’s smile makes Jiaheng’s heart beat fast and he quickly turned his head away to stare at the window. His eyes widened a little when he saw a familiar tall figure heading toward his apartment building. One of his hand holding an umbrella while the other holding plastic bags. He became even more worried when the tall figure starts coughing and accidentally dropped the plastic bags on the ground.

“Stop the car!” Jiaheng yelled.

“What?” Suho was slightly taken aback by Jiaheng’s sudden outburst.

“I said stop the car. My apartment building is only few feet away.” Jiaheng said as he pointed at a bit run down apartment building.

“At least let me bring you there. It starts to rain heavily and you didn’t have umbrella with you. Are you planning to walk in the rain? What if you get sick?”

“Please?” Jiaheng pleaded.

Suho sighed. He wasn’t able to said no when Jiaheng pleaded him like that. He stopped his engine. He took off the seat belt before turning his body to took the umbrella underneath the back seat. He then hand the umbrella to Jiaheng.

“Take it. I’m not going to let you get sick when your exam is tomorrow.”

Jiaheng muttered his thanks and he quickly get down from Suho’s car. Suho didn’t drive off from there immediately. Instead, he waited as he watched Jiaheng running toward a tall figure opposite the street.

Although the tall figure has hood covering his head, he knows who the person was. If he guess it right, that tall figure is Jiaheng’s twin, Yifan, and seemed that Yifan was sick because he can sees that Yifan keeps coughing while Jiaheng rubbed his back.

Jiaheng bends down and took the plastic bags from the ground. He then puts his arm around Yifan’s shoulder. Together, they headed toward their apartment building. That explained why Jiaheng wanted to get down at here. He must have saw his twin brother.

After making sure that pair of twin entered the building safely their apartment building, only then, he drive off from there.

 


 

Jiaheng quickly runs toward the kitchen. He took a glass from the cabinet before filling in with warm water. He runs back toward the living room where his twin brother was sitting on the sofa while still coughing loudly. He then sits down beside Yifan.

“Here.” Jiaheng handed the glass of water and pills to Yifan.

“Thanks.” Yifan muttered softly. He swallow the pills before gulped down the water in one go.

“Didi, you should go see a doctor. Your coughing seems to get worse.” Jiaheng said as he took the glass from Yifan’s hand.

“I already see the doctor. It was always the same. Urgh...I hate cold...wea...” Yifan’s words were stopped midway because of the coughs. Jiaheng quickly rubbed Yifan’s back. He feels sympathy towards his twin. If only he can share his twin’s pain.

“Why did you come out if that was the case? You should just rest at home.”

“Our fridge is almost empty. That’s why I went to nearby grocery shop to buy the ingredients.”

“You can ask me to buy it instead. Why do you have to trouble yourself?”

“I don’t want to disturb you. I know that you were having tutoring session today for your exam tomorrow. Talking about that, I have something to give to you.” Yifan searched inside his pants’ pocket. He smiled when his hand reached the thing that he been searching for. He took it out and grabbed his brother’s hand.

“Here.” He said and put it on top of Jiaheng’s palm.

“An amulet?” Jiaheng stared at the amulet in disbelief.

“It is for your exam. I got it from the temple a week ago, but I’ve forgotten to give it to you.”

Jiaheng couldn’t contain his laughter anymore. Yifan pouted when he heard that. He quickly folded his arms across his chest.

“Didi, when did you start believing this superstitious thing?” Jiaheng asked as he wipes the tears from his eyes.

“I’m going to take it back. I’m regretting for going to the temple and brought this amulet for you.” Yifan tried to took the amulet back, but Jiaheng quickly moves his hand.

“This belongs to me now.” Jiaheng stick out his tongue at Yifan, making his twin send daggers at him, but he ignore him anyway. “Thanks by the way. I really appreciate it.”

Yifan couldn’t stop himself smiling when he heard that, “You’re welcome. Oh...who’s been sending you just now?”

Jiaheng scratched his cheek, “Ermm...my tutor. He said that it look like going to rain soon and he couldn’t let me take the bus so yeah...he offered to send me home.”

“You should have introduced us. I want to thank him for putting up with your attitude.” Yifan teased.

“Hey! What do you meant by that?”

“Well...you aren’t exactly friendly to begin with. Not only that…” Yifan’s words were cut off when Jiaheng pinched his stomach, “Ouch! Ge!”

“That’s what you get for teasing your older brother.”

“You just can’t take a joke, do you?”

Jiaheng smiled at that. He then ruffled Yifan’s hair, “Go get some rest. I need to do final revision for my exam tomorrow.”

“Okay. Good luck, ge.”

Yifan then get up from the sofa and headed towards his room. A small sigh then escaped from Jiaheng’s lips. He had forgotten about this afternoon’s incident because his brother’s health condition. Now that he was alone, he starts to recall it back. He quickly slapped both of his cheek. He should have forgotten about it and focus on his study. Although Suho didn’t have any feelings towards him, he still can’t let his effort go down to drain. Not only that, his brother also put a high hope on him, thus, no matter what, he will try his hardest to pass, or much better ace every subjects.


Author's note: I'm very sorry for the long update. I've been busy with assignments and other stuffs. Hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Comments are much appreciate. :)