Chapter Ten

Love Between Us

Jiaheng waved his hand excitedly as he observed the moving car from where he was standing. If few years ago people told him that he’s going to end up on works with kids, he would definitely said that it was all bull, but here he is now, working at a babysitting center.

To tell everyone the truth, he never thought he would end up with a job. Despite that he’d graduated with good results (all thanks to his boyfriend), he was not able to find jobs for a few months and as fate have it, he came across this job during one of his job searching.

At first, he was a bit hesitant to try this job since he wasn’t really good with kids, but he doesn’t want to live off from his boyfriend despite that his boyfriend assured him it is fine, and that he still could support both of them which makes him decide to give it a try and here he is now, a child carer as of the moment.

He was glad that he had made the right decision for giving this job a try because he now loves this job so much. The pay is very good, he has a nice employer and most of his co-workers are very kind and friendly, and most importantly, he loves all the kids that has been sent over by their parents. Maybe it was due to his maternal instinct that made him enjoy working with kids.

Jiaheng then took a quick glance at his watch. He let out a small gasp when he realized that he had reminisced too much on the past for a total of five minutes when he should’ve been preparing to leave and go home. He quickly packed his things and placed it inside his bag.

He then locked the door since he's the last person to leave. He can't wait to get home because Suho had promised him that they will have a dinner together tonight. It had been so long from the last time they’ve had spent time together. Ever since then, his boyfriend had become very busy with his resident doctor trainings and he sometimes doesn’t come home at all.

He sometimes despite that fact. It wasn’t because he doesn’t understand Suho’s job and how much important it is to the man but he couldn’t help himself from getting lonely at nights whenever he’s all alone in their shared apartment.

He sighed as he walked down the hallway. He wondered to himself whether he should’ve cooked Suho’s favorite dish but then he recalled that they didn’t have enough ingredients for that. He also remembers that his boyfriend told him this morning to buy shampoo since they needed more. But, that made him think, would he have enough time to stop by a supermarket and cook dinner for the both of them afterwards?

He looked at his watch once more and started planning his time. He decided to stop by at the supermarket first and buy the necessary things. Then, he will go home as fast as he can and start cooking their dinner. He nodded, satisfied with his plan.

A blush slowly creeped on his cheeks when he realized that he’s acting like a housewife right now. But. . .being Suho’s housewife, isn’t really that bad at all. . .

He quickly chased the thought away ang proceeds with his plans. Yes, their relationship has been going smooth for three years, but they still never discussed about their future whether they are going to settle down and start their family or not yet. Still, there is a very tiny hope inside him, hoping that one day Suho will get to propose to him.

He yelped when the vibration in his pocket startled him. He held a hand over his chest to ease himself a little before he fished out his phone from his pocket. His lips curled into a smile when he saw the incoming call from his boyfriend.

“Hello.” Jiaheng greeted with a small smile on his lips.

“Please don’t be mad at me, babe. One of  my colleagues suddenly had emergency at home and I had to replace his shift tonight...so…”

Jiaheng quickly cut off Suho’s words, “Does this mean you aren’t coming home for dinner again? I was looking forward for this dinner and I even planned to cook your favorite dish.” Jiaheng whined a little. There is a small pout on his lips.

To be frank, he is a little heartbroken that Suho had broken his promise for the umpteenth time because of his job. It's not like he doesn’t understand his boyfriend’s circumstances; it’s just that he thinks Suho shouldn’t take all the shifts like there’s no tomorrow.

“I know, babe and I feel bad about it. There is a reason why I had been busy lately. It is because I want to take my leave next month so that we can go on a vacation together. It’s been a long time since we take vacation together.”

“Really?” Jiaheng asked, sounding so eager.

“Yes, of course. Why would I lie about it in the first place?”

“Fine, I believe you. You better keep your promise or if not…”

Jiaheng’s words were cut off when he heard a woman’s voice yelling his boyfriend’s name.

“My colleague is calling me to get back to work. So I need to go now. I’ll see you at home, okay?”

“O...Okay.”

The call ended after that and Jiaheng can’t stop staring at the phone. He knew that he didn’t heard it wrong and he really wanted to believe his boyfriend, but what kind of person who would address his colleague as “honey”?

 


 

Suho glared at the woman standing in front of him who still has the decency to smile at him like she didn’t do anything wrong.

“I’m very sorry, Suho-honey. I didn’t know you were on the phone talking with Jiaheng.”

“Oh, you better hope that he didn't heard that just now, noona. If not, I’m not ever going to forgive you.’

“Yes, Suho-honey.” The woman then linked their arms together. “Let’s go now. The shop is waiting for us.”

“Fine.” Suho replied as they start walking down the street. “And, Noona, please stop calling me honey. What will your boyfriend would say about this?”

Much to Suho’s dismay, the woman just ignored him. He really do hope that Jiaheng didn’t heard his cousin calling him honey just now since he doesn’t want his boyfriend to misunderstand and end up ruining his surprise. 

 


 

Two weeks had passed by and Jiaheng couldn’t forget about that call. He wanted to asked his boyfriend so that he could stop all the negative thoughts rushing through him but he couldn’t just do it every time he saw Suho’s exhausted face.

After all, there’s no way that his loving and kind boyfriend would be cheating on him, right? He indeed been telling himself that, yet, there is a part of him…. thinking… what if…. Suho’s been lying to me all these times? The reason why he stayed out late wasn’t because of his work, instead he was spending time with that woman?

“Jiaheng, are you okay? Your food had arrived fifteen minutes ago, but you never touched it.” His female colleague asked worriedly.

“I’m perfectly fine. I was thinking about my boyfriend just now. He was quite busy lately.” Jiaheng said as he took the spoon.

“You meant your handsome boyfriend who was a doctor?”

“Yes…”

The spoon suddenly dropped to the floor as Jiaheng stand up abruptly from the chair before running towards the toilet while his colleague stared at his retreating back with a dumbfounded expression on her face.

 


 

Jiaheng can’t stop biting his nail. It’s been a bad habit of his whenever he was nervous. Here he is. At the clinic to check about his condition. Yes, he’s been throwing up and a bit dizzy just now, but he didn’t think it was such a big deal to et anyone know which is the reason why he went alone. He was thinking that maybe he had an upset stomach or something since he’s been skipping his meals lately due to lack of appetite and lack of sleep.

However, his collegue insisted that he should go check with the doctor because his condition was almost the same as her when she was pregnant which he thinks was outright ridiculous because he’s been taking birth control pill.

“Wu Jiaheng.”

Jiaheng stand up from the bench. He then walked towards the doctor’s office. He give a small smile to nurse before he stepped inside into the office. He then sat down on the chair beside the doctor’s table.

“Yes, Mr. Wu? What can I help you with?”

“I have been lacking of appetite these few days. Not only that, I throw up during lunch upon smelling my food.”

“Mr. Wu, would you mind if I ask you certain questions about your personal life?”

“I don’t mind it, doctor.”

“Well, your personal details stated that you’re a male carrier and you’re currently single, but I needed to ensure that you are indeed single before I making assumptions.”

“I’m not really single. I actually have a boyfriend.”

“I see. The next question might quite uncomfortable. You may not answer. I wouldn’t force you.”

“Go on, doc.”

“Did you and your boyfriend have a very active life?”

There is a small blush on Jiaheng’s cheek as he nods his head for an answer. They indeed have a quite active life about three months ago before Suho started getting busy with his work.

“Well, did you and your boyfriend ever use protection?”

“M...My boyfriend stopped using after I started taking birth control pill.”

“Hmm..” The doctor tapped his chin. “I'm actually suspecting something but I can’t be so sure yet until I have your urine tested. Please follow my nurse and she will lead you to the toilet.”

“Yes, doctor.”

Jiaheng then stood up from the chair and followed the nurse to toilet. He’s quite nervous and worrying since the doctor was asking him to take urine test. He hopes that he didn’t have some serious disease or something.

 


 

Jiaheng’s mouth was gaped open after the doctor announced his urine result to him.

“Are you okay, Mr. Wu?” The doctor asked as he flipped the paper on his hands.

“I’m not doubting your capability or anything like that, but there is no way that I could be pregnant.”

“You can take as many urine test as you want or go to another clinic, the results will still be same.”

“But… I had taken birth control pills.”

“I was as shocked as you too, Mr. Wu. The chance of getting pregnant when you taking birth control pill is actually quite slim. Did you bring your birth control pill with you?”

“Yes, I did.”

“May I have look at it?”

“Sure.”

Jiaheng took out a white plastic packet from his pocket and hand it to the doctor. He’s definitely going to sue the pharmacy if the doctor tells him those pills were ineffective at all.

“Mr. Wu, I’m sorry to inform you, but this isn’t birth control pills at all. This is just an ordinary supplement.”

“What...supplement? Oh my god! How could I make this kind of mistake and mix it up with my boyfriend’s supplement? What am I’m going to do now?” Jiaheng said in a distressed manner.

“Mr. Wu, please calm down. Stressing yourself isn’t good for the baby. I understand your concern right now, but I think you should discuss this matter with your boyfriend.”

“I suppose you’re right, doctor. I indeed need to discuss this matter with Suho.” Jiaheng replied as he rubbed his stomach.

 

 


 

Jiaheng smiled as he took out his phone. Now that he had calmed down a little and had processed that he is pregnant, it makes him happy that he’s carrying his and Suho’s child despite his pregnancy wasn’t planned and he knows that his boyfriend will feel the same too.

However, his smile died down when he saw a message from his twin. It had been two years since he moved out to live with Suho. He and Yifan had a huge argument because of this which made their relationship strained. They are even not on talking terms although Yifan did occasionally checking up on him and he only replies ‘I’m fine’.

He decided to reply his twin later as he had much more important things to do. He quickly searched for his boyfriend’s id and pressed the call, waiting for his boyfriend to answer. He frowned when his calls went to the voice message. Maybe Suho’s currently treating a patient or in a surgery.

He bites his lips as he was thinking whether or not he should go to the hospital where his boyfriend works or wait him at home. However, the more he waited to inform his boyfriend, the more nervous he could be which made him decide to go to the hospital.

He then raised his arm to stop a cab and tell the taxi driver where he want to go before he hopped into the cab. It only took fifteen minutes from the clinic to the hospital. He quickly get out from the cab after paying the driver and asking him to keep the change.

He couldn’t stop being nervous and his mind is full of negative thoughts--- what if Suho doesn’t want this child or what if Suho leave him because of this? He then slapped both of his cheeks to chase those thoughts away. His loving boyfriend would never do that.

He then took a deep breath before he stepped inside the hospital. He looked around the hospital for his boyfriend, but he couldn’t spot him. He decided to ask one of the nurse rather than wasting his time looking for his boyfriend at this big hospital. Lucky for him, the nurse knows his boyfriend and told him that he’s currently resting at the locker room.

He thank the nurse and straight away went to the locker room using the direction given minutes ago. He stopped his steps when he finally reached the locker room. He couldn’t stop himself from being nervous again. It took him for around five minutes to calm himself down before he finally stepped inside the locker room.

However, he wasn’t expecting to see this scene where he would see his own boyfriend hugging a young, petite woman and his heart being shattered into hundred pieces when he heard the words ‘I love you’ coming from his boyfriend’s lips. Instead of confronting his boyfriend, he just left without looking back with tears falling down from his eyes.

 


 

“Mama!” The sound of Sehun’s distressed crying and the knocking on the door made Yifan stop reading the diary on his hand. He quickly wipes the tears from his cheek before running towards the door.

His heart ached painfully when the first sight greeted him is Sehun’s tear stricken face. He then kneels down so that he can be of the same level as his baby.

“What’s wrong, baby? Why are you crying?”

“Sehunnie having nightmare….mama leaving Sehunnie...mama wouldn’t do that, right?”

Yifan quickly pulls Sehun into his arms.

“Oh, my poor baby. It is just dream. I will never leave you. You’re very precious to me. How could I ever leave you?”

“R-Really?”

“Yes, honey. Do you want to sleep with me tonight?”

Sehun nodded his head eagerly making Yifan smile upon seeing it. He then carried Sehun into his bed and pulls the blanket to covered both of them. He starts humming a lullaby as he pats Sehun’s thighs gently. He had already made up his mind, no matter what or how hard it is going to be, he would never give Sehun up to that cheating bastard.

 


Author's note: I'm very sorry for the long update. I'm quite busy with work lately. 

Please leave down a comment so that I can update faster. :)