Chapter Fourteen

Love Between Us

 

Suho steps out from the washroom fifteen minutes later. He need time to get himself together again before he can face Yifan. He even washed his face for a few times while kept chanting to himself ‘you need to be strong’.

The reason why he’s acting like this was because of Yifan’s smileㅡ although the smile wasn’t directly meant for him but rather, for Sehun. It has been ten years; yet Yifan’s smile (which was a very, beautiful smile) still affects him quite a lot.

As if the heaven wants to play a little joke upon him, Suho was abruptly stopped on his steps abruptly. He was mesmerized by the scene in front of him right now. Yifan, laughing softly as he used tissue to wipe Sehun’s lips. If Yifan’s smile already affects him that greatly, just imagine what Yifan’s laughter does to him.

He wants to go back to the washroom again and hide himself until Yifan was gone but it was too late for him as Yifan spots him and the smile that decorates Yifan’s face immediately morphs into a small frown.

A small sigh then escaped from his lips upon seeing. He still couldn’t understand why Yifan still hates him despite that fact he’d already explained multiple times that he never, and will never, cheated on Jiaheng.

He then approached the table quite timidly.

“What took you so long? Do you know how much of my precious time had been wasted because of you?” That was the first sentence Yifan said to him.

“I’m very sorry. I had the sudden need to take a leak.” Suho lied since he couldn’t absolutely tell the truth. He doesn’t want to give another reason to make Yifan hate him more.

Yifan clicked his tongue after he saw Suho’s appearance. His shirt indeed doesn’t fit well with Suho’s petite figure. The shirt’s sleeve was too long that it reached Suho’s fingers while the collar of his shirt… he gulped a little as his sight lingers on Suho’s collar bone.

Snap out of it, Yifan. Remember who really this man was.

Yet, despite having those words running inside his mind right now, he still couldn’t stop himself from grabbing his shirt’s sleeve. His sudden action made Suho jumped a bit because of shock.

“W-What are you doing, Yifan-ssi?”

Yifan doesn’t say anything as he’s giving all his focus on folding the sleevesㅡ even though his eyes did a quick run over on his arm and widened a little in reflex as he saw and felt Suho’s arm being that muscular. He quickly folds the other sleeve so he can finish the task faster without the still shocked man noticing his own shock upon the discovery.

“There we go. Now you look a bit better compared to before where you look like a mess.”

“Ermm...thank you?”

“Now, give it to me.” Yifan said as he held out his hand.

“H-Huh?” Suho asked with a dumbfounded expression splattered his face.

Yifan couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes at the man’s reaction.

“I need your shirt so that I can wash it. Have you forgotten about it?”

How pathetic. What does Ge see in him aside his good looking face?

“Oh… here it is.”

Suho then hand his shirt to Yifan who quickly took it and shove inside a shopping bag.

“I’ll pass your shirt to Yixing after I washed it. And thank you for the lunch, we’re going to take our leave now because it’s almost Sehun’s nap time.”

Yifan gets up from the chair then proceed on helping his baby to get down from his chair. The pair’s about to leave the restaurant when Suho suddenly runs in front of them.

Yifan didn't even tried to mask his groan in annoyance. He couldn’t understand why this gremlin still wants to stop him from leaving when he owed him nothing.

Move.” Yifan said while clenching his teeth angrily.

“I can’t when we still haven’t finish our talk.”

Yifan finally felt his patience running out. He tried his best as he could to act nicely and civil to the man who had broken his twin’s heart, yet this man is so shameless, even has the audacity to keep asking more and more from him.

“Have you ever hated your own face? Because I do. And do you know why? Because the first image I always see in the mirror is the face that looks exactly as my twin brother. It only reminds me of howㅡ” Yifan paused as he tries to regained his breath. “My ge wasn’t around anymore. It is already hard enough for me to see my own face everyday and I don’t need you as another constant reminder that my Ge had died. So… Please… Just stay away from me.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t meant toㅡ”

“Just save it. Or better yet, stay awayㅡthat’ll act as your sincere apology.”

Yifan quickly drags Sehun out from the restaurant, leaving Suho behind still standing on the spot with a sad expression on his face.

 


 

The next day which is Sunday, Yifan and Sehun dropped by at a supermarket because their fridge is almost empty after they had finished shopping for Sehun’s clothes.

He was very glad that he didn’t bump into Suho again. He prayed that Suho finally got his message yesterday and he will stay away from their life for good, or better yet, forever.

He pushes the cart towards the meats section while Sehun walks in front of him. He stops the cart when they reached the frozen station. He took quite a very long time to inspect all the variety of meats because he be can very choosy and meticulous when it comes to food. Twelve minutes later, he finally made his decision and took a whole chicken and two packets of steak which he thinks will last for at least a week.

He then put the meats on his cart. He took out his shopping list to check what else they need before they can proceed to the next section. He should proceed to the seafood section first.

“Baby, let’sㅡ”

Yifan lets out an annoyed sigh when he saw that Sehun wasn’t with him. Again. Doesn’t this kid learned his lesson from yesterday? Where he got lost in the shopping mall? Yet this bratty kid still dares to leave his side. Luckily, the supermarket isn’t that big and he knows his baby too well, thus, he can guess where Sehun had went to.

He then pushes his cart towards the snacks section. He was right when he spots his baby who was on his tiptoes trying to reach his favourite chips from the top aisle. He should help his baby when he saw that Sehun starts to struggle, but not before reprimanding him. He clears his throat to get his baby’s attention. Sehun turns to face him and his lips twitches a little when he sees Sehun’s scared expression.

“Wu Sehun, how many times do you want me to tell you don’t ever leave my side? Didn’t you learned your lesson from yesterday? Not every person is very kind like Uncle Suho. What if you bump into a bad person and he takes you away from me? Do you want that to happen?” Yifan nagged with both of his hands on his hips.

“No…” Sehun replies in his pitiful tone.

“Then why are you still doing it?”

“Sehunnie just wants to take Sehunnie’s favourite chips. Mama was taking too long.”

Great, now this bratty kid dare to put the blame on me. Wonder who’s behaviour he get it from.

“Scolding your son for leaving your side?”

Yifan jumped a little because of that. He rubbed his chest as he tries to calm down his racing heart. He then turns around to see who is the person responsible for almost giving him a heart attack and he gets another shock that day because the said person is none other than Yixing while holding Tao’s hand.

“Hunnie!”

“Taotao!”

Yifan watches as Tao pulls his hand from his mother’s grip before running towards Sehun who was also doing the same moves. Both of them then hugs each other as they met in the middle.

“Hunnie, Tao miss you!”

“Sehunnie miss you too!”

Yifan chuckles softly after seeing the two kids act. If he didn’t know any better, he would have think that these two kids haven’t met each other for quite a long time when the actual case was only a one whole day.

“Aww….so cute!” Yixing exclaimed in delight. He then took out his handphone and start taking the kid’s pictures so that he can show it to his husband; and also keep the pictures as momentos.

Yifan just shakes his head at his newly acquainted friend’s behaviour.

“Xing, are you here to buy for cooking ingredients too?” Yifan asks while letting Sehunnie talking with his best friend.

“Yes. We’re planning to have steamboat tonight. We have this new steamboat electric grill that my husband’s boss give to my husband as appreciation for getting a very important deal. I was planning to invite you, Ge, but I never thought that I’d bump to you here. What do you say, Ge? Do you want to go to my house tonight?”

“Wellㅡ”

Yifan’s actually quite reluctant to go to Yixing’s house as he’s still a bit uncomfortable with Yixing but then he remembers the white shirt still hanging in his laundry room. He should take this chance to pass Suho’s white shirt to Yixing rather than wait until tomorrow.

“Okay, I’ll come tonight.”

Yixing claps his hands excitedly. “Thank you so much, Ge.”

Yifan’s lips then curls into a smile. “No, I’m the one who should be thanking you for inviting me. So are you here alone with your son?”

“Of course not. Ever since I got pregnant again, my husband doesn’t let me go out without him accompanying me. I dumped him somewhere inside this supermarket. He should come looking for me now.” Yixing said like this is an everyday occurance.

Then, cue a man’s voice yelling Yixing’s name.

“See, I was right after all.” Yixing said as he rolls his eyes. Yifan could only give a tight smile to Yixing.

“I’m here, Han.” Yixing yelled back.

A feminine looking man then comes running towards them. Displeasure can be seen on his face, clearly indicates that he isn’t satisfied with his husband’s choice of action.

“Baobei, why did you come here without informing me? Do you know how worried I was?”

“I did. Our son can be my witnesses. It is not really my problem if you’re deaf and couldn’t hear the words that I was saying.”

“What did you just said?” The feminine man asks in disbelief. Yixing was very obedient and he seldom talk back to him.

“I saidㅡ”

“I’m very sorry for interrupting, Xing. If there isn’t anything that you want to talk about, I shall continue my shopping.” Yifan said. He feels very awkward standing there while watching the couple bickering with each other.

“I’m so sorry for letting you see that.” Yixing giggles shyly.  “Let me introduce him to you, this is my husband, Luhan.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Wu Yifan.” Yifan said as he lends out his hand for a handshake.

Luhan’s small hands engulfs Yifan’s large hand and shakes it.

“We finally can meet properly. I heard a lot about you.”

Yifan raises his eyebrows. “Oh, really? May I know from whom actually?”

“F-from Yixing. Who else could it be.” Luhan worded his words carefully since he doesn’t want to accidentally offend Yifan.

“Relax. I wouldn’t be offended if you say Suho’s name. The fact that he is my twin’s ex boyfriend isn’t going to change. Anyway, I should take my leave now. I need to continue shopping for another ingredients. I’ll see you tonight, Xing.”

“Okay, see you again tonight. Bye, Ge.”

Luhan waited until Yifan and his son is out of his range before he faced his husband.

“Baobei, what did he meant see us tonight?”

“Oh, I invite him to join us for steamboat tonight.”

“What? You invited him? We’ve invited Suho too.”

“So? What is the problem with that? The more people the merrier.”

Luhan starts massaging his forehead. Most of the time, he would think that his husband was very cute when he was in his dense state. However, today wouldn’t be the day that he’d appreciate his husband’s cuteness.

“It’s only been a month since Suho received the news of  Jiaheng’s death and he’s barely healing. What if meeting Yifan would reopen that wound again?”

“Oh my god! You’re right!” Yixing gasps while covering his mouth with his palm. “What should I do now? Should I go look for Yifan-Ge and tell him not to come tonight?”

“It’s too late for that, Baobei. He’ll think something is wrong if you suddenly cancel the invitation. Let’s just hope tonight’s steamboat will go smoothly.”

“I hope so, too.”

 


 

Yifan parked his car behind the red car. If he isn’t mistaken this is the same model that he saw when he send Yixing for the same time and also the day when he met Suho for the first time. Could it be that this car belongs to Suho? Maybe Yixing had invited him too since they’re friend afterall. If that was the case, he should just give his shirt immediately without having to go through Yixing.

He asks Sehun to come down first and wait him on the pouch. For once, his baby is being obedient, listening to his instruction without asking any questions. He then takes the paper bag from his back seat before going down from his car.

He approaches the red car’s driver seat to check whether the driver is still inside or not, but he never expected the door would suddenly open making him lose his balance. He would have fall down on the ground if not because of Suho’s fast reflex who manage to hold his waist.

The time seems to stop as their eyes met and eventually stared into each other, and Yifan, the oh-so rational person, now panics as he could feel that his heart starts beating fast when Suho’s cologne hits his nose.

Stupid heart! Stop beating so fast!

“Are you okay, Yifan-ssi?” Suho’s soft and gentle voice breaks the silence.

“I-I’m fine. Can you let go of my waist now?”

Suho quickly withdraws his hands as if touched by a heated object “Sorry.”

“Here.” Yifan, now having his rational back, pushes the paperbag towards Suho’s chest.

“What it is?”

“It’s a bomb actually.” Yifan says with a serious expression.

Suho chokes on his saliva, “What?”

“Just how naive are you to believe that? I don’t have any reason to kill you. It’s your white shirt, had it washed and dried already.”

“But you just washed it yesterday. How this shirt can dry so fast?”

“Well, we’re currently living in a modern area where washing machines not only can wash our clothes, but can also dry the clothes.”

Looks like he’s still not going to act civil towards me.

“Ermm… thank you. So how should I return your shirt?”

“Keep it.” Yifan replies very coldly before he walks towards the porch.

Suho, being left again standing alone, takes out his shirt from the paper bag. He can see the stain from yesterday seems like it doesn’t even existed and wonders how Yifan did it. He then inhales his shirt. His lips then morphs into a small smile as he thinks his shirt actually smells very nice and lovely.


Author's note: I'm very sorry for the long update. I've been hit with sickness: laziness. Luckily it was gone. XD

Please leave down a comment or two because  it motivated me to update. Thanks.