Chapter One

Love Between Us

"I'm leaving! I can't stand this anymore! Don't even try and stop me, Yifan!"

"Ge, I'm sorry! Please don't leave me!"

The tall man ignored his brother's plea and kept walking towards the door. He turned the doorknob and muttered a goodbye before he stepped out of the door and left the apartment.

"Ge, no! Don't leave me!"

He sat up, sweat slowly dripping down from his forehead to his chin. It's been so long since he's dreamt that dream, and he couldn't understand why he had it again. He used to have the same dream almost every night causing him to lose sleep, but the dreams have stopped when he moved to Korea.

Yifan glances at the clock and sighs as he ran his hand through his blonde hair. He shouldn't be thinking about that right now because he needed to get ready for work and wake his precious baby up. And that is exactly what he did, he got off his bed and grab his towel, and made his way to the bathroom to shower and get dressed.

 


 

"Sehunnie baby, wake up," Yifan said as he gently shakes the small boy's body.

Sehun opens his eyes and looks at Yifan with a pout. "Mama, does Sehunnie have to wake up?"

Yifan mentally sighs. He dislikes it when Sehun calls him mama and insisted on being called baba, but the kid is a very stubborn one

"Of course you have to wake up. Did you forget that you have to go to kindergarten today?" He reminded the small boy.

"But mama, Sehunnie is sick." The little boy rebutted.

Yifan chuckled, this isn't the first time it happened. Sehun will always use this excuse when he didn't want to get out of bed.

"Oh really?" Yifan said, playing along with the boy's excuse.

"Yes, mama," Sehun said, along with a fake cough.

"Aww, my baby. You just stay at home and rest, okay?" Yifan said, much to Sehun's surprise. He couldn't believe it actually worked this time.

"Poor Tao, though. He'll be very disappointed he won't be able to see his best friend today." Yifan added.

Sehun quickly threw the blanket on the floor at the mention of his best friend's name. He was about to get down from the bed when Yifan stopped him.

"Sehunnie, what are you doing? Didn't you say that you're sick?" Yifan sarcastically asked.

"Sehunnie is fine already! See, Sehunnie is not coughing anymore." Yifan smirked,

Works every time. He thought.

He stood up from Sehun's small bed and fixed his clothes. "Okay, go get ready. I'll go prepare your breakfast, okay?"

Sehun nodded. He got out of bed and took his towel from the chair. "Okay, mama!"

Yifan could only shake his head as he watched his baby dash to the bathroom. Yifan chuckled and walked to his son's cabinet to pull out his clothes for the day. Not only is his son stubborn, but he was also lazy. Sehun use up every excuse in the book just so he could skip kindergarten. And now the only reason why Sehun “decided to feel better” was because of Lu Zitao – Sehun’s bestfriend/love of his life.

Even a blind person would notice that Sehun had a crush on Tao. Sehun wasn’t the friendliest in his school. He liked to play alone, which worried Yifan, but everything changed when Tao transferred to his school and ever since then Sehun would stick to Tao like glue, and luckily the other boy didn’t mind.


 

“Bye, mama!” Sehun said before running towards his school’s building. He just couldn’t wait to see his best friend again and is not going to waste anymore time walking,

“Yah, Sehun! Don’t run!” Yifan shouted, but Sehun was too far away for him to hear his father.

“Kids, they just don’t listen.” Someone suddenly said. Yifan looked to the side and saw a pregnant man and little Tao.

“Mama, let go of my hand now. I want to catch up with Hunnie so we can go to class together.”

The man let go of the boy’s hand and before he could run to his bestfriend he yelled, “Be careful!”

But Tao didn’t even bother to reply to his mom as he quickly chased Sehun. The man could only chuckle as he shook his head and watched his son run off to his best friend.

“You see; he didn’t even turn around to acknowledge me. The man tsked.

“Both of them are really stubborn.” Yifan said, he was watching the two boys play with each other whilst walking to class.

“I sometimes wish Tao would be on his best behavior, but he’s just like my husband.” The pregnant male sighed.

“I’m Wu Yifan, by the way. Sehun’s dad.” The pregnant male looked at Yifan with eyes wide open.

“Omo, how rude of me. I'm Lu Yixing, Tao's mom.” Yixing said in Mandarin, making Yifan smile brightly.

“You’re from China too, right? Tao told me about that. My husband and I are also from China. We only moved here last year because of my husband's job."

Yifan nodded, unable to take his smile off his face. "Yes, I'm from China. It feels good to meet someone from the same country as I am.”

Yixing smiled revealing his dimple, “I’m more comfortable talking in Mandarin too.” He said.

"How long are you? 7 months or 8 months?" Yifan asked, looking at the man's bulging stomach that looked as if he was about to give birth anytime soon.

“It was my 21st week last Wednesday.” Yixing said rubbing his stomach.

Yifan looked at him, puzzled. “Eh? You look 30 weeks in.” He said, asking that telling.

Yixing giggled and said, “I’m actually having twins.”

"Oh, Congratulations! Tao must be very happy that he’s getting two siblings.” Yifan said.

Yixing nodded and smiled, "Thank you. He really is. He can't wait for his siblings to come out.”

They were silent for a second when Yixing spoke again. “It was very pleasant talking with you, Yifan, but I have to take my leave now since my husband is waiting for me."

Yifan nodded his head, "I understand. I also need to get to my work."

Yixing smiled and said a quick "See you soon." as Yixing walked towards his car. Yifan watched him get to his car where a man with doe eyes quickly climbed out from it and opened the passenger door before helping Yixing climb into the passenger seat. He then climbed back into the driver seat and they drive off.

Yifan could only sigh. He was a bit envious toward his newly acquainted friend for having such a loving husband. He wished he could find a man such as that who will take care of him and love him, but Yifan is sure that he won’t be able to find one because he’s a single father and no man would want him.

Yifan signed again and hopped in his car and drove off to work.

 


 

"Sehunnie! Dinner is ready!"

Sehun turns off the television and quickly runs towards the dining area. His eyes lit up in happiness when he saw his favorite dishes on the table.

"Mama, you cook Sehunnie's favorite!" Yifan chuckles as he ruffles Sehun's hair. He is so happy to see the smile on his baby's lips. Seeing his son happy makes getting off work early to go to the supermarket all worth it.

"Okay, sit down and start eating. You need to do your homework after this." Yifan said, as he placed some meat on Sehun’s plate.

"But, mama, Sehunnie doesn’t have any homework today.”

Yifan looked at his son and nodded.

“So can Sehunnie watch cartoons today?" Sehun asked when he didn’t say anything.

Yifan pondered for a moment before agreeing. "Fine, you can watch, but only until 9 p.m. You still have school tomorrow."

Sehun smiled and clapped his hands, "Thank you, mama!"

"You're welcome, baby."

The two of them were silently eating when Sehun spoke, "Mama, can Sehunnie ask a question?"

Yifan puts some meat on Sehun's plate and some on his, "What is it, baby?"

Sehun was silent for a while before speaking. "Can I have a baby sister? One of my classmates showed his baby sister's picture to us today. She was so cute! Even Taozi is going to become a big brother soon. I’m jealous of them.”

Yifan dropped the chopstick to the floor when he heard his son’s question. He was taken aback by it because he never thought that Sehun is going to ask him that kind of question. He sighed and looked at his son.

"I'm sorry, baby but I'm unable to give you want."

Sehun pouted, "Why?" he whispered, clearly disappointed of his father’s response.

It saddened Yifan that he is going to break his baby's heart for not being to give him what he wants, but how he is going to fulfill his baby's wish.

"Just eat your dinner, okay?” Yifan said, trying to drop the topic, but Sehun was persistent. "But Sehunnie wants to know why mama is unable to give Sehunnie a baby sister."

Yifan looked down on his food, and back up at his son.

"Sehunnie…" Yifan tried didn't know how to explain to Sehun the reason why, so he stood up from his chair and walked towards his room.

"Mama, where are you going?" Sehun called out to him. "I'm going to my room for a bit, okay?" He turned around and said. "Is mama angry at Sehunnie? Sehunnie is sorry," Sehun said, close to tears. He didn’t want to anger his mama; he was just so jealous of his classmates.

"I'm not angry at you, baby. I just suddenly remembered that I have work to do. Continue eating your dinner, okay? Call me after you finish eating." Sehun nodded his head with a smile on his lips. He is glad that his mama is not mad at him. Yifan ruffles his baby's hair again before he walked towards his bedroom.

A small sigh escapes from his lips as he laid down on the bed. He knew he can’t keep avoiding the topic forever. Sehun was a very curious child and would surely wonder why he isn’t allowed to have a sibling, and Yifan just doesn’t know how to explain it.

"What do I do now, ge? It is about time for me to tell Sehun the truth?"

 


 

Yifan leans against his car as he waits for Sehun to be dismissed. It has been a few days since his son asked that question and he never asked again. But something told Yifan his son’s going to ask again and he’ll have to explain.

"Waiting for Sehun?" Yifan snaps out from his trance and turned his head. He smiles when he sees Yixing standing beside him. Yifan nodded and asked, "Are you alone?" He noticed that the pregnant man was all alone and he couldn’t see their car.

“Yes. I had to ride a cab since my husband was unable to get off work early today. He suddenly –” Yixing stopped talking when his phone rang. He rolled his eyes when he saw that it was his husband, and excused himself to answer the call.

"Yes, I’m already here, please stop worrying. I'm perfectly fine. Nothing bad happened to me, so just continue with your meeting and I'll see you later at home.” Yixing said to his husband in one go, leaving him no time to talk. He then hung up and put his phone back in his bag.

“Yeah, sorry about that. My husband tends to overreact sometimes.” Yixing told Yifan, who just smiled. “He didn’t really want me to go pick Tao up alone and wanted me to just wait for him, but I didn’t want to because I didn’t want to make Tao wait for us long.” Yifan nodded at his friend’s story. 

"You're really lucky to have such a loving husband." Yifan said, but Yixing annoyingly scoffed.

“Loving? More like annoying.” Yixing said, emphasizing the word annoying. “He’s always worried about me since I’m pregnant and all when it’s his fault I’m like this.” Yixing let out some of his frustrations to Yifan, but quickly calms down.

“What about you? Where is your husband? I never saw anyone else pick Sehun up but you.” Yixing asks Yifan.

Yifan looked at him for a second then smiled, "I actually don't have a husband. I'm a single parent."

Yixing eyes turned big, thinking he offended the man.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know." The pregnant male quickly said, but Yifan only chuckled. "It's okay. I’m already used to it.”

Yixing relaxed when he heard that and giggled. "You're very strong to raise Sehun alone. I don't think I'm able to do it if my husband suddenly leaves me to raise Tao and our twin babies alone."

Yifan laughed to hide his real feelings. If only people knew the real reason as to why he was a single father. If only he could actually tell people the real reason, but he can’t.

His mind was full of thoughts when he heard a small boy’s voice.

"Mama!" Both men turned their heads and smiled when they saw Sehun and Tao running toward them with their hand entwined. When the two boys reached them, Sehun hugged Yifan and Tao hugged Yixing.

"Mama, can we go home now? Sehunnie is really tired." Sehun said to his dad who in return chuckled and kissed his son on the cheek. "Sure, baby. Let’s go home.” Yifan stood up and held Sehun’s hand.

“Yixing-ah, let me send you and Tao home." He said the the pregnant male who was holding his son’s hand.

“Oh no, it’s okay. We can just take the cab.” Yixing politely declining Yifan’s offer, but he insisted. “No, please. I insist. I won’t be able to sleep at night if I knew I let a pregnant man and his small son take a cab, when I’m very much capable of sending them home.”

Yixing smiled at Yifan and agreed to his request. "Taozi, go inside to uncle Yifan's car, he is going to send us home." Yixing said to his son, who’s eyes widened.

"Hunnie, do you hear that? Your mama is going to send us home." Tao said to the boy. Sehun smiled and let go of Yifan’s hand and reached out for Tao’s hand.

"Of course Sehunnie heard that! Sehunnie is so happy because I get to spend more time with Taozi." He said.

Tao let go of his mama’s hand and held onto Sehun’s hand. "Me too! I felt a little bit sad because Tao has to wait until tomorrow to see Hunnie again, but I’ll be okay."

Yifan and Yixing watched their sons interact with awe. “Looks like we’re going to become in-laws someday, huh?” Yixing asked with a smile on his face. He found it adorable that his son developed a crush towards Sehun, even if his husband isn’t all for it.

"Should we start planning for their wedding then, in-law?" Yifan jokingly asked.

Yixing shook his head and said, “They’re still too young. We should wait a few more years, I think.”

Yifan chuckles. He enjoys talking with Yixing and he hopes both of their relationships will develop more since there are chances that they are going to meet again because of their sons.

“Let’s go?” Yixing looked at Yifan and asked. He smiled and nodded, before helping the kids ride the back seat and assisting Yixing in the passenger seat.


A/n here is the first chapter. Taohun is secretly my obession. Haha.