002

His First and Last

 

 

Ri In stabbed her straw on the Yakult’s foil lid as they stepped out of the school building, Nanhee was walking beside her while chatting about her frustration over English class.

“I can’t walk with you today,” She said, Ronnie looked at her.

“Eomma asked me to come early, my younger cousin is actually going to start living with us.”

“Ah, I remember, you mentioned that last week.” Ri In nodded as they crossed the lawn.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. Tell Mark I’ll go ahead.”

Ri In nodded, she looked around and noticed that the soccer team were already warming up for practice inside the indoor field.

“I have to make that report for History.” She mumbled as she walked towards the team, she caught sight of Hyerin, Goeun and Seulgi, sitting by the bleachers, all dressed in their cheerleader uniforms.

Mark looked up as he saw his friend wander in the field.

Ronnie?” He was probably the only one in school who called her that.

She sent him a dry look before tossing the parka to his face, he chuckled and caught it before it could hit him.

“Nanhee had to go ahead, and I have a report to make. Can I just go ahead?” She asked, Mark made a face at her.

“Aniya, just wait for me. It’s just an hour, Ronniebear.” He was the only one who called her that and is still breathing.

Her eyes narrowed at her friend.

“Mark, I didn’t bring my laptop with me, so I can’t work while waiting for you, and mind you, mister team captain, I have a report to finish.” Her tone was sharp and demanding, which usually intimidated some guys, but Mark just shrugged.

And I can’t concentrate on practice if I let you walk alone.” He replied, she sighed and just marched her way towards to where his duffel was sitting.

I’m taking your laptop. Meet me at 7-Eleven after.” She said before leaving.

 

 

Ronnie took out her earphones and plugged them on the laptop. She opened her notes and started typing.

"Are you a student there too?"

She looked to her side and found a young male sitting beside her. He was pointing towards her school.

"Y--yes." She replied skeptically, he was dressed in a pair of knee-slitted jeans and a thick green sweater. He gave her a warm smile before pushing a can of coffee towards her.

"Does the school have soccer? I like soccer." He said again, Ri In's fingers floated over the keyboard.

"They do have soccer." She said carefully, the boy smiled and nodded.

"Are they full of girls like you too?"

Ri In blinked at him, confused and a little annoyed.

"What are you~"

"Smart and socially awkward pretty girls." He said as he pointed towards her Advance Math and Advance English books.

"Are we really having this conversation? Who are you anyway?" Ronnie asked, her brows meeting together. The male smiled, he then took off the thick scarf around his neck.

"Some guys outside kept on staring at you in a very indecent manner so," He dropped it on her bare legs.

"Maybe talking to you would make them go away, you know guys; they only think they should respect one of their own." He said, Ronnie followed his gaze and noticed two young males across the street; they were already walking away while glancing at the male beside her.

"See? They left. So, next time please sit properly, agasshi." He winked at her before leaving.

“Wait~” Ronnie’s brows furrowed as she watched the male step out from the store, she looked at the scarf on her lap, she just placed them securely on her legs before typing again.

“What a weird kid.”

 

 

 

Hyerin smiled as Mark exited the locker room, he walked up to her and took her hand.

"It's a Friday night, we should go out." She said as they walked together.

"Let's do that." Mark nodded, they exited the school's gates, Mark's eyes went to the 7-Eleven across the street.

"Hyerin-ah, just give me a minute. I need to talk to Ri In for a while." He said, Hyerin just nodded and watched as he crossed the street.

Her nose scrunched up as she saw Mark enter the store and approached the nerd from school.

 

 

 

"Ronnie."

Ri In looked up and rolled her eyes at him.

"Go away."

Mark watched as she saved her work and shut the laptop close, he picked up her backpack and shoved her books inside.

"Aren't you going out with Hyerin? It's a Friday." She asked as they stepped out of the store.

"Yeah, come on. Let's get you to the bus stop." He nodded, her backpack was on his shoulder as he followed her.

"You guys are getting serious, it scares me." She said lightheartedly, Mark grinned.

"You used to play around.....a lot." She stated as they reached the bus stop, Mark just took put his phone.

"Hyerin's different...I really like her."

"Are you possessed or something?" She balked at him.

“So, how was your afternoon?” Mark asked her.

“It was fine, I met some weird knight in shining….scarf armor earlier.”

“What?”

“Just some dude. He was good looking too.” She nodded.

“Heol, you know that word.” He laughed, Ri In made a face at him, then the bus arrived.

Ri In took her backpack from him, Mark fixed the straps on her shoulder.

"You should start seeing someone too, some of the guys asked~"

"Nope." She stated before climbing up the bus steps.

"Now go back to Hyerin. Shoo." She said, Mark just snorted and watched the bus go.

 

 

"Did she just…shoo me?" Mark scratched the back of his head before walking back to Hyerin.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++