009

His First and Last

 

 

Hyerin looked up as Mark joined them, most of the students were enjoying some sunlight before class starts.

"Yesterday," He started, she faced him.

Mark looked at his shoes briefly before meeting his gaze.

"I don't really know what happened between you and Ronnie, she wouldn't tell me anything."

"Mark, it was~"

He shook his head at her.

"I know how you and your friends....do things, Hyerin, and I don't think its nice how you treat others."

Hyerin's brows furrowed together.

"But please understand, she's Ronnie, and she'll always be a friend that I need. So, don't start any conflict with her."

“Are you taking her side?” Hyerin asked in disbelief.

“No. I’m just saying that, she doesn’t want trouble with you, so, just let her be. You know who she is to me and I don’t think she ever did something to make you doubt that.”

 

 

Jeno grinned as Ri In appeared at the field; she looked so out of place and unsure as she looked around the packed bleachers.

"Agasshi," He mused as he reached her, she smiled and handed him a bottle of Gatorade.

"I came here because I cant wait for the game to finish, I have to head to the academy." She explained while eyeing the field carefully. Jeno took the drink from her.

Haechan was seated on their bench while Mark was beside him lacing his shoes.

"What's that?" Haechan spoke, he nudged Mark and the older male looked up.

"What?"

He followed his gaze, his eyes widened, Ri In was at the field.

Ronnie was standing at the field.

"Has she been hit by lightning, your Cheon Ri In?" Haechan spoke, Mark saw Jeno jogging up to her.

He watched as Ronnie handed him a drink, then she chuckled as Jeno took it from her.

"Hmmm, I smell something." Haechan chortled, Mark just chewed on the insides of his cheek.

"I actually never..." Mark shook his head, then Ronnie saw him and waved, he just turned away and walked towards the coach.

I’ve always wanted her to come by and see me before the game starts, and yet she never did. And now she’s here to see him.

 

 

Ronnie stretched her palms up as she sat down beside the other girls, their teacher had just left with an announcement that bothered her a little.

She checked on her phone, and grew a little confused that Mark had not replied to her message.

She stood up and bid goodbye to her classmates, she walked back to the locker room, she was just taking off her ballet shoes when her beeped, it was a message from Nanhee.

Her eyes widened as she read the text, she quickly put on her hoodie and sneakers and ran out of the studio.

 

 

Hyerin hovered over Mark as he clutched in his arm painfully, he could hear Nanhee panicking a few feet away, Jeno was bleeding badly.

"Nanhee!"

Mark recognized that voice, someone had helped him sit up. He saw Ronnie come into view, she had a big frown on her face as she approached Jeno was sitting on a plastic chair, being treated by the nurses.

She walked over to the younger male and kneeled on the grass, trying to look at his face. Jeno had a small cut on his cheek and a wound on his leg.

"You look like a train wreck, Lee Jeno." She said softly.

"All that running gave you a nice blush, agasshi. Were you really worried about me?" He mused back, she just sighed and shook her head at him.

Ronnie mumbled something and stepped back when she saw the blood, Jeno looked up and gave her a small weak smile, she sighed and took off her sweater and wrapped it around him.

 

 

Mark's jaw tightened, it wasn't right.

"How are you feeling?" Hyerin asked him again, he slowly stood up.

Ronnie's gaze went to him, she paled when she saw his arm.

"Mark!" She rushed to him, Mark exhaled and faced her.

"What happened?" She asked, her hand inched over the arm he was nursing.

"Why are you here?" He replied his tone a little harsh, Ronnie paused.

Hyerin looked at the two, her fists curled before walking towards the first aid booth.

"What do you mean? I got the message from Nan~"

"You don't even like it here, Ron. Just leave. Go back to the academy." He sighed at her before following Hyerin to the first aid booth.

“Ya, Lee Minhyung.” Ri In caught his other arm, Mark faced her.

 

“Just leave.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++