017

His First and Last

 

“See?” Nanhee stated as they exited the building, Jeno and Haechan followed her gaze.

“Those two cannot fight each other.” She finished, Mark and Ronnie were chatting as they walked towards their group.

“Hyung would be so lost without noona, we all know that.” Haechan shrugged.

Jeno’s forehead creased slightly, but he smiled as Ronnie reached them.

“I have to leave earlier, Tae~”

A loud honk made them all pause, the Land Rover’s window rolled down and Nanhee sighed dreamily.

“Oppa?” Ronnie looked at Mark questioningly.

“I have to head to the doctor’s.” Mark raised his recently injured arm, then he took out a couple heat packs and inserted them in Ronnie’s coat pockets.

“Ronnie, Nanhee, hi!” Taeyong waved at them, Nanhee blushed, Ri In grew amused.

“Call me when you get home. I’ll see you at the party.” Mark gave her backpack back to her before running towards the car.

Ronnie just nodded and they watched as the car sped away.

“That was Mark’s cousin, Taeyong oppa.” Ronnie said to Jeno as they walked together.

“Every girl’s dream guy.” Nanhee sighed again, Haechan balked at her.

“Not really, that oppa can be a big dork.” Ronnie mused as she absentmindedly looped her arm around Jeno’s.

“So, you game for later?” She asked him quietly, Jeno chuckled.

“Of course, we made a deal, remember?” Jeno squeezed her hand briefly, Ronnie grinned and nodded.

“Then, I’ll see you later, Lee Jeno. Suit up.” She chuckled before running to the bus stop.

“Ya, won’t you get in trouble?” Haechan asked, Nanhee looked up.

“For?”

“Mark hyung doesn’t know about your plan later. He doesn’t like not knowing, especially when it comes to Ri In noona.”

“Why? It’s not like agasshi is his girlfriend.” Jeno shrugged at the two.

 

 

Ronnie flinched as her mother fawned over Jeno, he was dressed nicely in a navy blue and black suit that framed his broad shoulders nicely.

“I didn’t know Sunghee had a son. A good looking one too!” She mused, apparently, Jeno’s mom was one of her mother’s classmates back in their high school years. And Jeno’s family ran one of biggest architectural firms in the country.

“Eomma, you have other guests.” Ronnie nodded towards the doors, the elder nodded and excused herself.

“Finally,” Ri In sighed as soon as he was out of earsight, Jeno chuckled before offering his arm to her.

“Your mom’s nice.” He said as they walked towards an empty table.

“You have to remember she was the one pressuring me to get a boyfriend, Lee Jeno.” She pointed out, he chuckled and squeezed her hand before gesturing for her to sit down.

“Are you going to be a lawyer too?” Jeno asked, Ronnie’s lips purse and she leaned on the table.

“I don’t know, my father tells me that I can choose whatever I want, but, seeing them happy while defending people who have been wronged….I’m kind of jealous of it. I want to do it too.” Ri In trailed off, Jeno’s lips curled.

“Agasshi,”

“Ya, at some point, you will have to call me noona or sunbae. It’s so weird being called agasshi.” She sighed at him, Jeno smiled and pushed the glass of mango juice towards her.

“I won’t call you noona. I won’t use honorifics either.”

Ronnie blinked and looked at him.

“Heol, cheeky.” She chuckled, Jeno opened his palm, she stared at him before placing her hand over his.

“Will you go out with me? This Saturday.”

 

 

Auntie, hi.” Mark smiled as they entered the hall, the Cheons greeted them warmly.

“Mark, Taeyong!” Mr. Cheon shook their hands.

“It’s odd seeing you alone and not with Ronnie,” Mrs. Cheon chuckled, Taeyong grinned.

“Ya, but, you, how could you not warn me beforehand?” Mrs. Cheon playfully chided.

“Yes?” Mark asked, confused.

“That my daughter finally got a boyfriend! Or did she not tell you too?” She chuckled, Mark’s eyes widened, then he followed the elder’s gaze.

“She kinda…forgot to.” Mark mumbled before walking towards the two.

 

Ronnie?

Ri In looked up, Mark’s eyes landed on their hands before facing her.

I just straight out lied to your parents just now.” He said, Ronnie’s eyes widened and she stood up.

“Mark, I was planning to~”

Let’s talk outside.” He said before turning away from them, Ronnie looked at Jeno.

“Give me a minute.” She said before following him, Jeno nodded and leaned back on his seat. He watched as the two exited the room, his fists curled slightly before looking away.

 

 

What are you doing?” Mark asked as soon as they were alone.

Look, I know, I should have told you, but you were so busy, especially with the game and you got injured~

“You mean everybody knew? Except for me?” Mark stared at her, his tone icy.

Mark, it’s nothing. I just needed a little help to get my parents off my back, and its just Jeno.

“That’s not it, Ronnie! You could have just asked for my help. Not his!”

Ronnie blinked at the change of his tone.

What is it to you? Why are you getting so worked up on this?” She snapped at him, Mark’s brows met.

“Am I really nothing to you? Are you trying to replace me?”

“I will not put up with this.” She spat.

“Cheon Ri In~”

“Mark, you’re doing it again! Picking fights over basically nothing. And right now, I’m even getting yelled at for no reason!”

Mark looked away, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

“I can’t deal with this. This unstable version of you, I’ve had enough.”

“Ronnie, you don’t get it. Jeno, he~”

“Stop it, Mark!”

She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

You know what, whatever. Just stay away from me.

Ronnie~

 

I mean it.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++