004

His First and Last

 

Nanhee balked at her cousin, and bopped him on the back of his head. Jeno chuckled and let go Ri In's hand.

"So are we going to eat or what?" Jeno spoke, Ronnie looked around and rubbed her arm slightly.

"I'll just go change...you..two should look around." She nodded before disappearing back to the practice room to get her bag.

"How do you know Ri In?" Nanhee asked S they walked towards the display of photos and medals.

Jeno looked at his cousin and smiled.

"I just met her somewhere."

"She's the one you met by the school, huh?" She mused. Jeno shrugged.

"Don't get your hopes up, kid. She's not the type to notice guys around her."

"How are you so sure, noona?" Jeno asked and saw a photo of Ri In along with other girls dressed in black tutus, his lips quirked up.

"I've seen it firsthand. I'm almost convinced she's an ice princess or a block of ice."

 

 

Mark followed as the three girls as they exited the cinema, he was just finishing his soda when his phone pinged.

Lunch with Nanhee and cousin. You dont need to come. -Ronniebear

His lips quirked up in amusement before calling her.

"Hi." She answered flatly.

"Did you just invite then uninvited me?" He asked as he kept up with Hyerin and her friends, Ronnie snorted.

"I kind of just informed you, so you would not feel left out, team captain."

Mark shook his head; this was Ronnie's way of teasing him.

"Gee, thanks, Ron. I'm getting lunch together with Hyerin. How was practice?"

"I gained two pounds. Shut up. Bye." She said darkly before ending the call, Mark grinned before keeping his phone back in his pocket.

"Goeun and Seulgi went ahead." Hyerin said as he reached her, Mark nodded.

"What do you feel like eating?" He asked her, Hyerin scrunched her nose and looped her arm around his.

"So, you spend Saturdays with Ri In?"

"Usually, yes. She needs help with grocery shopping." He replied while searching for restaurants.

"Is it not awkward? A girl and a guy doing that together." Hyerin said carefully, Mark blinked and shook his head.

"Not really, its just Ronnie." He smiled and squeezed her hand.

"But, must you always spend your weekends with her?" Hyerin stated, her tone a little sharp.

"Wae? Is that going to be a problem?" Mark asked, confused, Hyerin noticed how his forehead had creased.

"Ani, of course not." She smiled at him.

 

 

"So he's not joining us?" Nanhee asked as they took their seats.

"I told him not to." Ri In mused.

"Ya." Nanhee sighed.

"He's with Hyerin and her friends, what if he brings them along? Will you be able to survive?"

Nanhee snorted,

"By the way my cousin just reacted, I assume that Hyerin and friends are bad news..?" Jeno said as he checked the menu.

"For Nanhee, yes." Ri In replied while tying her hair up in a ponytail.

"Look who's here." A feminine voice made them look up, Ronnie blinked and looked at Nanhee.

"Goeun, Seulgi." She spoke.

"I barely recognized you without you clinging onto Mark." Goeun said with a grin, Nanhee's brows went up.

"Excuse me?" Ronnie faced them.

"We're just telling you this, but nerd, please have some manners." Seulgi looked at her.

"Stop clinging on to someone else's boyfriend. It looks pathetic." Goeun smirked.

"Cling? I don't think she's a monkey and this Mark person a tree branch. But by the way you two are hooting and yapping at her, you look like baboons. Hungry baboons." Jeno said without looking at them, he was playing with the straw on his glass.

"Excu~"

Nanhee saw how Goeun and Seulgi paused when Jeno finally looked up, he wasn't smiling. But that didn't mean they did not see how good-looking he was.

"You're a new face." Seulgi spoke, Ronnie just shook her head.

"Not interested. Please leave us." Jeno said before calling for the waiter.

Ronnie and Nanhee just stared at Jeno, shocked by his change in disposition, then he looked up, his smile appeared again.

"So, noona, what are we eating?" He asked cutely, wholly different from his tone seconds ago.

"Heol." Ronnie chuckled. Nanhee shook her head.

"No one should get in the way between you and food then." Ronnie stated before picking up the menu as the waitress neared them.

 

 

"Maaaaaaaaark." Ri In whined, which was so unlike her, Mark just chuckled, it was a Monday morning, and one of the rare times they weren't running late.

"Look as much as I know you need to maintain weight for ballet, but Ronnie, its just two pounds and I'm supportive you gained it." He stated, which earned him a slap on the arm from her.

"You look healthier even."

"I told you to stop me from eating Lucky Charms, but you didn't." She said darkly, Mark chuckled.

"Like I said, I'm all for you gaining~"

"Agasshi,"

Mark halted; Ronnie looked up and saw Jeno walking towards them.

“Lee Jeno.”

"Agasshi?" Mark echoed then he looked at the male walking towards them.

"Is this the tree branch they were talking about?" He asked, Ri In balked and looked at Mark.

"Tree branch?"

Then Nanhee appeared and slapped Jeno's arm.

"Say hi, that's your team captain not a tree branch." She warned him, Jeno looked at Mark.

"He's Nanhee's cousin. A sophomore." Ronnie stated, Mark nodded and greeted the other male.

"Lee Jeno, right? Coach already mentioned you. Welcome to the team." Mark shook his hand.

"I am glad to be accepted, captain." Jeno nodded, then he noticed Ri In tug on the older male's sleeve.

“I need to go meet up with professor Jin. Will you~”

Mark nodded and took her backpack from her.

“Right, agasshi I have to head to the principal’s office too. I have to submit some forms.” Jeno spoke, Ri In looked at him nodded.

“Arasso, I’ll show you the way.” She replied, Jeno smiled and walked with her.

“Agasshi? Am I missing something?” Mark asked as he walked with Nanhee.

“They met the other day, Jeno said he found her studying as usual.” She replied, Mark nodded and just glanced back at the two.

 

 

“So, noona, what they were saying..is it true?” Jeno asked as they crossed to the other building.

“What?”

“Those girls from the other day,” Jeno replied, they passed by the freshmen hall, Ronnie smiled and looked at her palms, he paused slightly when he noticed the flush on her cheeks.

“Mark and I, we’ve been friends since…we were two years old. Our houses were right next to each other in Manhattan, we went to the same school. Then eventually, we had to move here, his family too.”

Jeno paused, Ronnie smiled and she gently reached for the sleeve of his blazer and pulled him to the left.

“This is the way to your floor, hoobae.” She chuckled, Jeno scrunched his nose at her.

“We’re friends, he’s…well, like my best friend already, it’s just that some people put malice in it. I don’t really mind though.” She shrugged.

“But, they’re bullying you, shouldn’t team captain now?” Jeno asked, Ronnie shook her head and then her brows furrowed as her eyes went to his name pin.

“Nah, they’re Hyerin’s friends, Mark really likes her, I don’t want to cause conflict.” She replied, then her lips pursed as she straightened his pin with her fingers, Jeno tensed slightly at her proximity.

Then she looked up.

“See you at lunch then, Lee Jeno.” She waved at him before going to staircase. Jeno just leaned against the wall with a small smile on his face.

 

“Beautiful.” He whispered to himself before heading to his class.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++