030

His First and Last

 

 

Food coma.” Ronnie groaned as they stepped in the house, Mark chuckled and walked to the kitchen.

“Should we invite Nanhee and guys over?”

“For?”

“The school year’s almost ending, might as well have a small party to celebrate.” He pointed out.

“Party? What party?”

They both stilled, then they saw Mrs. Lee appear by the staircase.

Mom!” Mark halted, Ronnie grinned and waved at the lady.

“Surprise, team captain.” She mused just as Mrs. Lee hugged her only child.

You knew about this?

“Yeah, they asked me to help surprise you, why do you think I woke up early just to make you leave the house?” She replied as the elder opened her arms to her.

Have you been doing well, auntie?” She asked before hugging her back.

“Of course, I am. Aigoo, I heard about what happened, baby, are you okay? You look a little slim. I don’t like slim.” She sighed and cupped both of Ronnie’s cheeks.

I’m fine, auntie. I actually like living alone~

“That’s unacceptable!” A voice boomed, Mark’s father joined them in the room.

Dad,” Mark blinked.

“How could you like living alone, you’re a high school student, how could you be left alone? It’s not safe, that house is too big,” He chided.

“I’m really okay, uncle.” She smiled before walking over to him and giving the elder a hug.

“Ani, I don’t like it. You come live here.”

Mark almost dropped his glass, his mother blinked at him.

“Ha…I can’t..uncle, the house~”

“We even moved your things here already, saying no wont work.” He stated.

“Abeoji!” Mark balked.

“Why? You’re being rude to her.” Mrs. Lee chided him, Ronnie looked at him pleadingly.

“She can’t live here.” Mark stated.

“Why? You two have known each other for years, and it’s not safe for her to live alone, you two can help each other~”

“We’re not really just friends right now, auntie.” Ronnie spoke.

Mark shook his head just as his mother started squealing.

Oh my, really? Really?” She beamed at Ronnie.

“Then that’s better then, you live here, Ri In.” Mr. Lee stood up, he patted her hand before going out to the garden.

“Why are your parents like this?” Ronnie muttered as she watched Mark’s mother dash towards the phone, she was probably going to call Ronnie’s mom.

“Why are our houses right across to each other?” Mark sighed before taking her hand.

“What now?”

“Maybe pizza with the gang will be better than hanging out here.”

“We have my house across the street, silly.” She chuckled. Mark just grinned and pulled her to the front door.

 

 

 

“Moving in, is it okay?” Ronnie asked as they made their way towards the bus stop, they had decided to get the pizza instead and grab some other snacks on the way home.

“I have nothing against it, but it might be a little,” Mark said, his brows meeting briefly.

“I know, I feel the same way.” She stated as she looped one arm around his.

“However, it’s fine. I don’t mind sharing the house.”

“But without parental supervision? Whatever happened to your semi-close minded Asian upbringing?” Ronnie mused as they arrived at the stop.

“I’m actually okay with it, but if you don’t want to, it’s also okay. It’s your choice.” He nodded before gently tugging on the hem of her skirt.

Hmm, makes sense.” She mused.

What makes sense?” He asked as the bus pulled over.

Cobalt needs a male companion, he’s always stuck with me. You can teach him how to play soccer then.

Mark stared at her.

“That’s it? You’re moving in because of Cobalt? Wow, I’m touched. I must be so important to you.” He said dryly.

Yeah, it’s mostly him and like, two percent because of you…? Yeah, that’s it.” She mused as they approached the bus doors.

“Heol.” Mark chuckled before gesturing for her to climb the steps.

Then she paused, her eyes wide.

“I just realized.” She faced him suddenly.

What? Does it still hurt?” He looked at her knee.

“We both have cars now, why are you still taking the bus?” She blinked, he just grinned and pulled her to their seats.

“We can contemplate about that later, but first,” Mark stated as they sat down.

“Pizza.” He stated before taking her hand in his.

 

 

 

“So you’re moving?” Nanhee questioned as she picked up another slice.

“Yeah, eomma said I should.” Ronnie stated as she finished her cola.

“That’s cute.” Nanhee mused, Ronnie rolled her eyes at her friend.

“So, if it’s just Mark, why are you so bothered about it?” She asked again, Jeno looked up and grinned at the two.

“Right, noona, it’s not like you two are~” Haechan trailed off, Mark looked up and narrowed his eyes at the younger male.

“What happened after you two left the game?” Haechan pressed.

“I went home.” Ronnie replied.

“Before that, I saw you run after Mark hyung at the field.” Haechan pointed out, Jeno and Jising chuckled. Nanhee started to grin.

“Haechan, drop it.” Mark stated before taking another bite of his slice.

“Since we’re talking about it, we should!” He mused.

Ronnie sent him a look.

“You two, so obvious, no need to hide it from us. We’re not as blind as you guys are.” Haechan rolled his eyes at them.

“Whoa, finally, progress.” Nanhee teased, Ronnie just shook her head.

“We shouldn’t tease, what if they choke? Then we’d have to rush them to the hospital, it would be too much work.” Jeno chuckled.

“Not exactly very helpful, Lee Jeno.” Mark stated, the younger male just winked at Ronnie.

“Friends aren’t supposed to be like this.” Ronnie blinked.

“But you have weird friends.” Mark nodded.

 

 

“Omg, they’re talking to each other!” Haechan squealed, Mark just slapped his arm.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++