003

His First and Last

 

Ri In went down from her room and found a note taped on the fridge, her nose scrunched up as she plucked it out.

Her parents were both lawyers and working at their family owned law firm, which also meant, she was alone at home a lot, and that didn’t bother her.

But it also meant she does grocery shopping alone; she went back to her room to shower.

As soon as she entered her room, the front door opened and Mark came strolling in.

“Ronnie?” He called; he heard her yelling from her room.

Shower. Give me ten minutes!

Mark looked around before getting himself a glass of juice; he made his way towards the coffee maker and switched it on.

He made his way to the living room and switched on the TV set.

“Lee Minhyung?”

He looked up as Kelly appeared by the doorway, clad in pair of thick leggings and an oversized sweater.

“I made you coffee. You drink that kind of poison, right?”

She grinned and walked to the kitchen.

“So, before we start studying, can you help me for a bit?”

“What kind of help?” He asked her as he poured hot steaming black coffee on a clean mug.

 

 

“We have that game with Nungjin High next week. We have to do well.” Hyerin said as she entered the mall with Goeun.

“You don’t have to worry about that, with Mark as team captain, we’re basically off to championships.”

Hyerin smiled.

“You must really be happy, you guys have been together for eight months now. Everyone was worried he’d end up with that loser.” Goeun shuddered, Hyerin smirked.

“Mark’s probably just using her to do his homework. No need to be worried.” Hyerin replied.

“But, they’re unnaturally close, don’t you think? Mark relies on her a lot, or she does the relying.”

“Mark’s popular at school; she probably thinks she’ll be in the “in” crowd too if she remains near him. Poor nerd.” Hyerin cackled.

 

 

“So, they wont be able to come home?” Ronnie asked as she grabbed a bag of onions, Mark nodded and pushed the cart.

“But for your birthday?” She asked, her brows meeting briefly.

What? It’s still February.” He mused.

“I just like to plan things in advance.” She pointed out as she gestured for him to follow her.

Ronnie, what should I get Hyerin? It’s almost Valentines’ Day.

Flowers?..Duh.” She eyed him briefly before reaching for a carton of milk.

Other than that.” He said as he helped her get the bag of crackers on the top shelf.

I don’t know, Mark. You usually give me flowers during Valentines’, and I don’t even know why you do it.” She pointed out as she tossed a bag of chips.

Sour cream?” She asked, Mark nodded, she picked up another bag and faced him.

How about…take her out? Dinner? You know cliché stuff we both aren’t comfortable with.

Mark chuckled at her statement.

“Good idea. I was thinking~”

“Mark?”

They both looked up, Hyerin, Goeun and Seulgi were standing before them.

 

 

 

“So, did you tour yourself around the neighborhood?” Nanhee asked as she opened her juice.

“I did, noona. I even dropped by the school.” Jeno replied as he plopped down across his cousin.

“Really? How do you find it? Ah, I forgot to tell you,” She said excitedly.

“You were in the team right? Soccer?”

“Yes, someone already told me that the school has a soccer team.” His lips quirked up slightly.

“Really? Did you talk to someone? A student?”

“I did meet someone, she was a little skeptical about me.” He mused.

“Wait, a girl was skeptical about you? That’s a first.” Nanhee mused.

“But, she was very pretty, noona.” Jeno smiled.

“Heol, it’s not even your first day, you already have a crush. Lee Jeno, you better behave. You’re my responsibility now.” She warned, the younger male chuckled.

“About the soccer team, I know the team captain, I’ll introduce you to him.”

“Wow, noona, you’re friends with cool people too?” Jeno teased, she just made a face at him and stood up.

“Come on, we have to buy your things for school, Lee Jeno.”

 

 

“What’s this? It’s already so hard to get a hold of you on weekends.” Hyerin said with a small tight smile as he glanced at Ronnie who was checking her phone.

“We chores on weekends, what are you girls up to?” Mark asked, Goeun and Seulgi both gave him small waves.

“We’re off to a movie, join us.” Hyerin beamed and s her arm around his.

“That sounds great. I’ll just~”

Mark, I’m kind of late for academy. So, I’ll finish this up, do you need anything?” Ronnie spoke, Mark looked at her.

Toothpaste.

That’s it?” She asked him, Mark chewed on the inside of his cheek.

Hyerin watched the two, annoyance started to show on her features.

Eggs and cranberry~

Juice. Got it.” She nodded and started to push the cart. Mark then turned again.

Hyerin let out an impatient breath.

Hey, can you carry all that to the bus?

I’m taking the cab. I’ll be at the academy, don’t come over and try to cook at my house.” She pointed out before leaving. Mark mimicked her childishly before walking back to Hyerin.

 

 

Ronnie was dressed in a black leotard and pink tights as she stretched; her phone was beside her as she checked her posture on the mirror. Practice had just ended, and she was just trying to relax her muscles.

Then her phone started ringing, she looked at the screen.

“Nanhee?” She said as she picked up.

“Hi! I’m outside! Let’s have lunch together.”

“Outside..as in..”

“The studio, hurry!” She urged before ending the call, Ri In just smiled and stood up, she padded towards the glass sliding doors.

Nanhee looked up and beamed at her friend.

“I always forget how pretty you are and that you have a killer figure underneath our hideous uniform.” She chuckled as Ri In walked to her.

“What’s this? You’re actually out and not lying on your bed at home.” She chuckled.

“I had to help my cousin~”

“It’s socially awkward girl.” A masculine voice joined them, Ronnie blinked and looked at the male behind her friend.

“You---knight in shining..scarf.” She sputtered; the male just gave her one of his eye smiles and extended his hand towards her.

Nanhee brows went up.

“You two..have met?”

“You can call me, Jeno. Lee Jeno.”

Ronnie just hesitantly took his hand.

“I’m Ri In.”

 

 

“So, have you been sitting properly, agasshi?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++