014

His First and Last

 

“How was our performance, team captain?” Jaemin chuckled as he reached Mark, the guys were standing outside the locker room.

“We’re just two games away from championships, we only need to win those and we’re good.” Mark nodded and slapped the younger male’s shoulder, he then made his way towards the other players and spoke to them.

Jaemin saw Ri In standing alone, her brows knitted together as she watched Hyerin and her two friends cross the field.

“Hey, noona.” Jaemin spoke up, Ronnie looked up.

“Congratulations!” She greeted him as she padded towards the group, Haechan beamed at her proudly.

“Thank you for watching us. This is a first! I’m touched.” He teased, she rolled her eyes at him.

“But, who made you give in? Did Mark hyung threaten to hack your laptop again?” Jisung mused.

“Ani, I made a bet with Jeno.” She said just as Jeno stepped out of the locker room, now clad in fresh clothes. Haechan looked at Jaemin and did a small high-five.

“How was it? Did you enjoy?” Jeno asked with a big grin as he reached them, Ronnie’s eyes narrowed at him.

“I’m not doing it again. Congratulations.” She made a face at him, Jeno chuckled before taking her backpack from her, he easily slipped it on his shoulder.

“Are you hungry? Let’s grab something to eat before going home.” Jeno asked her.

Ronnie?” Mark was calling to her, she looked up, he then jogged towards them.

“Do we have plans?” Mark asked her, taking note of her backpack with Jeno.

“We do.” She gestured towards Jeno, Mark’s brows went up.

“We’re off for some unhealthy fast food. I’ll see you later?” She said, Mark’s eyes widened.

“You’re leaving?” He asked, his tone changed slightly, Haechan shook his head to himself.

“Don’t worry, hyung, I’ll walk her home myself.” Jeno offered.

“Go home early and rest up. You have to look well for the party.” Ronnie brushed the bits off his sandwich from the side of his lips before pulling Jeno with her.

 

 

“So, what’s bothering you?” Jeno asked as he arrived with their tray of food, Ronnie looked up.

“It’s nothing~”

“I saw you, agasshi.” Jeno said as he pushed her fries to her.

“You were..running..away from Hyerin and Mark hyung. Were you eavesdropping?”

Ri In choked on her fries, Jeno’s lips quirked up a little before handing her a napkin.

“I..didn’t mean to, but I..heard their conversation.” She said quietly.

“It’s all over the school, you know.”

She looked at him questioningly, Jeno put his burger down.

“That those two broke up earlier today. Is that what you heard?” Jeno asked.

“Yeah…it was pretty intense.” She nodded before chewing again.

“Shouldn’t you be with Mark hyung then? Comforting him, I’m sure he’s not feeling really well right now.” Jeno said, but then Ronnie smiled and shook her head.

“Trust me, distance works better for us.” She said before leaning over to push the cola back to him.

“I can’t have cola this week. Just juice.” She said to him.

“Aigoo, ballet dancers are so sensitive,” Jeno chuckled, but he complied and stood up.

“Cranberry?” Jeno said, she just nodded.

 

 

Taeyong stepped in the house with a bag of food with him. He made his way through the empty living room and kitchen. And grew confused.

The house was empty.

He made his way to the garage and heard distinctive loud thuds. He pushed the doors opened and found his younger cousin, torturing the black and red punching bag.

“Ya, you just got your cast removed, idiot.” Taeyong said loudly, Mark looked up and faced his cousin.

“I got you some food. Where’s Ri In?” He was already anticipating that the younger girl would be around the house, tinkering away or studying.

“I don’t know.” Mark grumbled, Taeyong blinked.

“Okay, touchy.” He muttered and looked around; Mark took of the wraps on his fists and leaned back.

“Got the invite from the Cheons too, I assume.”

“We can go together, hyung. If that’s what you’re worried about.” Mark replied, Taeyong hated going to parties alone.

“Cool. So, will you answer me properly now? I don’t see your Ronniebear.”

“She’s off to some date. I don’t know, hyung. Call her.” Mark replied and stood up, he tossed his phone to the male.

“If you really want to know then call her. She was so adamant about leaving earlier.”

 

 

Ronnie reached their gates; she was about type in the nod when she glanced behind her. She chewed on her lip briefly and turned away.

“Hey stranger!”

She glanced back, Mark’s older cousin was grinning at her.

“Oppa.” She smiled before crossing the street, she saw Mark join Taeyong before reaching them.

“You’re home late. Fishy. Did Mark really allow you to walk alone?” Taeyong chuckled before hugging her briefly.

“Jeno said he’d walk you home.” Mark intervened, his tone a little cold.

“He did, but I insisted that I can do it alone. How’s the arm feeling?” She asked him, her hand landing on his now free arm.

“It’s okay, have you eaten? Dinner?” Mark continued, Taeyong squirmed, and somehow he could feel tension between the two.

“I have. Jeno and I decided to eat something heavy. It was a good game, right?” She chuckled.

“That’s probably the only game you’ll ever watch. No matter how many times I asked you to come before.” Mark replied coolly, Taeyong scrunched his nose.

“Mark~”

“If you’ve already eaten then, you should go home. Taeyong hyung was just leaving. I won’t walk you out.” Mark said brusquely before going back to the front door.

“Bub~” Ronnie closed when the door shut loudly.

Taeyong blinked and stared at the front door then at Ri In.

“Ya, did something happen?” He asked quietly as Taeyong walked her back to the gates.

“Break up. With Hyerin.”

“Yes!” Taeyong suddenly cheered, Ronnie balked at him and he covered his mouth.

“I didn’t really like her.” Taeyong mumbled. She just made a face at him, then she glanced back at the front door again, her brows knitting together.

“You know, by now you would have already followed him in.” Taeyong said as they reached the Cheon’s front gate.

“Huh?”

“Something must have happened, huh? And don’t tell me that it’s because of him and Hyerin.”

“Oppa, it is~”

“He’s been very grumpy ever since I got in the house, then I noticed you weren’t around. He grew…grumpier.”

Ronnie just looked away.

“Please, you two, don’t fight.” Taeyong sighed and just mussed her hair before walking to his car, Ronnie just watched as the car sped away. Then she focused on the Lee residence across her, she took out her phone and dialed Mark’s number.

 

After three tries, she went inside her house; Mark wouldn’t answer any of her calls.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++