005

His First and Last

 

 

 

Ronnie took her seat beside Mark, he nudged her shoe.

"What?"

"How are your parents?" Mark asked quietly, Ri In's brows met briefly. Mark saw her jaw tighten, he checked the time. They had fifteen more minutes before their teacher would arrive.

"I don't know...I don't even want to know." She replied, Mark shook his head and stood up.

"We have some time left, come." He grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the room.

Hyerin looked up from her book and watched as the two left.

 

 

Ronnie leaned against the balustrade; the two were at the school's rooftop.

"What's this? Are you trying out some sort Dr. Phil thing on me?" She said as she crossed her arms.

Mark shook his head.

"I haven't checked on you lately. So, how's...everything?" He asked as he buried hia hands in his pant pockets.

"I heard their secretaries talking....they mentioned..something about divorce." She said quietly.

"Ronnie." He frowned before wrapping his arms around her.

"Part of me..is happy that finally they decide on it, they've been fighting nonstop..but I wasn't expecting this would happen.." She murmured on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I live right across you, you pabo." He sighed as he felt her sob lightly.

"It's nothing really...i just hope that they'd go with it so that it would be peaceful again."

Mark let go of her, Ronnie just bit down her lip and looked away.

It’ll get better, Ron, you have me and Nanhee.

“I know, it’s…uncomfortable thinking about it.” She said as she brushed her tears away, Mark nodded and squeezed her hand.

“We should get back to class.”

“That’s something you would say. Now I know you’re feeling better.” He chuckled before wrapping one arm around her neck as they walked. Ronnie just grinned at him.

 

 

Jeno was walking with one of his fellow teammates, they were both on their way to the cafeteria.

“I bet the game’s going to be exciting later, Poongjin High has always been our tail.” Jaemin mused as they reached the stairs.

“Are they not good?” Jeno asked, then he saw two familiar figures walking together.

“Well, they .” Jaemin chortled, then he followed his gaze.

“That’s our captain, Mark sunbae.”

Jeno watched as Mark nodded while Ri In was discussing something with him, then she laughed when he replied.

“And of course, miss Untouchable. Cheon Ri In sunbae.” Jaemin nodded.

“Miss what?” Jeno grew amused, but his eyes stayed on Ri In as Mark whispered something to her ear when they reached the stairs.

“Well, a lot of guys find her really pretty, she’s smart too, but, she can be a little…”

“Cold?” Jeno grinned.

“Yeah, and the fact that she’s always with the team captain slash popular guy in our school, it’s kind of difficult to approach her.” Jaemin finished as they reached the ground floor.

“Does Mark sunbae tell them off?” Jeno asked.

“Ani, Mark sunbae’s has a girlfriend. Those two are very close, but I don’t think it’s that serious,”

Then Jaemin paused, he glanced at his new friend.

“Wae? Are you interested?” He chuckled, Jeno smiled to him, then he saw the two girls from the other day eyeing Ri In maliciously.

“I might be.” He said quietly.

 

 

 

 

“Well, you’re here.” Ri In blinked as Mark plopped down across her, Nanhee looked at him.

“Hyerin wasn’t feeling well earlier, the nurse sent her home.” He stated, then Jeno arrived, looking a little unsure.

“Join us, hoobae.” Nanhee chuckled, the younger male made a face at her before taking the seat beside Mark’s.

“How’s your first day?” Mark asked him.

“It was okay, coach Song approached me earlier, he said the team has a game today, he said I should watch first then officially start training tomorrow.” Jeno stated.

“That’s good then~” Mark saw how Ri In was transferring all her kimchi on his plate then she proceeded to take his beef ribs.

Jeno blinked at her.

“I’m hungry.” She said, Mark just sighed and let her take all the meat in exchange for kimchi.

“Ya, earlier this morning you were just complaining about gaining weight.” Nanhee laughed, Jeno watched as Ri In sighed.

“I don’t feel like eating vegetables today.” She stated, Mark just grinned and let her transfer some of her rice onto his plate.

“Let her eat, we don’t want a hungry and cranky Ronnie.” Mark said.

“Can I have strawberry juice?” She asked.

“Cold or warm?” He said without looking up from his plate, he picked up a piece kimchi and popped it in his mouth.

“Cold.” Ri In beamed at him, Nanhee shook her head.

Mark nodded and stood up, he made his way towards the vending machine.

“She only shows her aegyo when she wants Mark to do something for her, the rest of the day she’s just being mean to him.” Nanhee mused. Ri In just childishly nodded, proud.

“Now I understand, agasshi.” Jeno spoke.

Ronnie looked at him questioningly, Nanhee glanced at her cousin.

“Why some people misunderstand. Malice.” He nodded.

“What?”

Mark returned with a carton of strawberry juice.

“Nothing.”

“I think we have to fix this.” Jeno nodded, Mark glanced at him.

“What is he saying?”

“I don’t know.” Ronnie just stared at him, confused. Ever since she met him, most of the time he confused her greatly.

 

“We can definitely fix this. So that those girls wont bother you anymore.” Jeno winked at her before getting his spoon.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++