028

His First and Last

 

Ronnie walked back to her seat, her eyes a little red and her lips were shaking.

“Hey,” Nanhee looked at her with worry as she reached their seats.

She just shook her head and looked at the stadium, she watched as Mark started to sprint then he started running, his concentration was on the ball.

And then Ronnie noticed someone familiar, her eyes widened.

“It’s…” She stuttered, the boys from the other day were also players of Poongjin High.

“Ya, Cheon Ri In.” Nanhee started to nudge her.

“Yeah? Nanhee-yah, those guys, look at jersey number~”

“Mark found out.” Nanhee stated.

“Huh?” Ronnie paused.

“About that,” Nanhee pointed towards her bandaged knee, Ronnie’s eyes widened.

“Jisung just texted me, someone from the team accidentally spilled the beans during their break time. Mark…Mark was beyond pissed when he heard about it.”

 

 

Mark smirked as he heard Donghyun topple over with a loud grunt, he moved forward, the ball was still with him.

“Hyung! Hyung! Open!” Haechan hollered at him.

“We hit a nerve, huh? That Cheon Ri In.” One of the Poongjin boys spoke as he tailed after him. Mark’s brows met briefly, his eyes were on the goalie as he moved.

“We even planned some other things for her. We’ve seen her around, she does ballet, huh?”

“Get lost.” Mark spat.

“I regret just letting her go that night. Look at her figure tho, I would def~”

Mark kicked the ball away, leaving the crowd stunned, and then he spun around and grabbed the male by the collar.

“Say it.” He hissed as his fingers tightened around the cloth, the student just smirked as referee whistled and started walking towards their direction.

“Leave her alone.” Mark spat as he pushed him down, he shook the referee’s arm away and walked towards the bench.

“Lee Minhyung!” The coach yelled.

“Ya, you’re the team captain, how could you~”

“I'm not going to apologize.” Mark replied, his eyes not meeting his.

“Then, sit down, you’re done for the day.” He barked, Mark moved towards the bench, he picked up his duffel and started to walk towards the doors.

“Hyung’s frightening.” Haechan mumbled to himself as he stood up, he made his way towards the field and gave Jeno a high five.

“It would have been better if he did punch him,” Jeno pointed out.

“I know.” Haechan muttered darkly before the whistle blew, signaling for the game to resume.

 

 

“Thank you for understanding.” Mrs. Cheon smiled as she leaned back on her seat.

“Aniya, Ronnie’s like our daughter too. We’ve known each other for so long.” Mrs. Lee chuckled.

“But, is it true? That she already has a boyfriend?”

“That had you worried, huh?” Mrs. Cheon chuckled, the other lady snorted.

I heard from Taeyong, you know how Mark doesn’t like to discuss things sometimes.

“It was probably nothing, she’s been trying to get me off her back regarding the boyfriend issue.”

“That’s a relief then.” Mrs. Lee smiled.

“Ya, don’t do this to the kids.”

“But those two are perfect for each other. My son needs your daughter, and I’m guessing he already knows that.”

Right? They’ll probably figure that on their own soon.

 

 

Ronnie rushed down the steps and made her way towards the door, not minding the painful throbbing of her knee.

Mark!” She said as she got past the doors, he was making his way across the school’s open field, not minding the rain soaking him.

“Ya, Lee Minhyung!” She hollered as she ran after him.

Mark didn’t stop, he just pulled the strap of his duffel closer to him.

Hey!” Ronnie finally reached him and grabbed his wrist. Mark exhaled faced her.

What do you want?

Where are you going? Coach just said~

I don’t want to play anymore, okay? I’m done for the game.” He snapped, Ronnie’s brows met briefly, she could already feel her uniform getting soaked.

Mark, about Poongjin~

How could you not to tell me? What do you take me for, Ronnie?

She looked away, her lips shaking.

I just thought..it would be better if you didn’t~

It would be better if I didn’t know, right? Because you love doing that, you enjoy keeping me in the dark while I tell you everything!

Ronnie shook her head.

Mark, nothing happened. It’s just a scratch, why are you getting so worked up over this?” She sighed.

The problem here is that, you don’t see me as someone you can rely on, Ronnie. You make me feel useless!

Mark, you’re not useless. I just don’t understand why you’re being like this, it’s~

“Because I like you!” Mark met her gaze evenly; Ronnie halted and dropped her hands on her sides.

“I like you, so I worry about you, I worry about us, and I don’t want to lose you, I don’t want you hurt, I don’t want you to be hurt because of me.”

She looked away, Mark sighed and fished out his car keys from his bag, he tossed it to her, Ronnie caught it before it could fall on the wet grass.

Go home.” He stated before turning away from her.

Mark, wait~

“Just go home. I have some things to do.” He said without facing her, Ronnie just watched as he made his way towards the school’s gate. She let out a shaky breath and looked at the key on her palm.

 

 

“But we always go home together.” She whispered before trudging towards the parking lot.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++