016

His First and Last

 

March 2016

 

 

Oh my god.” Ronnie said as she walked in the room, Mark was standing in front of the mirror, checking his reflection while fixing his shirt.

“You’re up early. And on a Saturday.” Mark mused, she walked to him looked at her messy hair.

“I have chores today.” She sighed at him before jumping on his bed and laying flat on her back.

“Ya, it’s not exactly good for a young lady to be plopping down on another male’s bed.” Mark chided her softly.

“What? It’s just your bed, pabo.” She snorted before eventually wrapping herself into a burrito with the thick covers. Mark just scratched the back of his head.

“Do you have something to eat? I don’t feel like cooking.” She asked him as he put on his socks and his Old Skool Vans.

“Oatmeal. It will warm you up,” Mark patted her head before leaving the room. Ronnie quickly followed him.

“So, any progress with Hyerin?” She asked as Mark poured her some milk.

“We’re going out today. Movie.” Mark grinned at her, she raised her brows.

“Aigoo, my Markeu Markeu is all grown up.” She squeezed his cheeks together; Mark didn’t react and just continued reheating the oatmeal for her. Ronnie chuckled before letting go of his face.

“Do you need something? I can get it on the way home.” Mark offered as he placed the bowl of oatmeal before her.

Japan.

What?

“The flag. I just had it yesterday. It arrived yesterday.”

Ronnie, you actually have say it in a language I understand.” Mark faced her, she picked up her spoon and looked at him. Mark wiped the milk on the side of her lip with his thumb.

“Sanitary pads.” She cheered, Mark winced.

Lol, you offered. And I can’t go out today, my cramps are killing me. Thank you in advance, Markeu Markeu.

“Why is she like this?” Mark grumbled as he made his way to front door and left the house.

But you love me anyway!” Ronnie hollered from the house.

“Heol. Mood swings.” Mark mumbled before locking the gates.

 

 

Ronnie pressed the tip of her pencil as she reread the Math problem again. Her lips moved as she started to write down the variables.

Hey.

She looked up, only to find a sweaty and muddy Mark.

Ew.” She moved away from him.

“I just have to change for a bit. Myeongdong?” He asked he dumped his backpack next to hers.

“You said you had a thing with Hyerin today? It’s fine, I can go with Nanhee.” She said as she took out a napkin and gently pressed it on the cut on his left fist.

It’s fine, I have to get you your birthday present anyway. Give me ten minutes.” Mark said before jogging towards the locker room.

Ronnie nodded and went back to her textbook, then she looked up when she heard Hyerin. The other girl was walking towards the restroom while talking to Seulgi.

“Mark cancelled? Why?”

“I don’t know, he said it was something urgent. Its usually Cheon Ri In when it comes to that.” Hyerin shrugged, Ronnie blinked but she just went back to her book.

 

 

“It looks good!” Mark said as Ronnie stood up, on her feet were a pair of Vans high-tops.

“We used to have this shoe when we were kids.” Ronnie suddenly blinked.

Yeah, you have the pink ones, I got the red.” Mark stated as he leaned down to tie the laces.

“You should get one too!” Ronnie stated.

But, this is for you.” Mark said as he stood up.

Still, get a pair. It’s quite cute.” Ronnie grinned and nudged him again.

Also black ones?” Mark asked her before walking to the sales person. She nodded before looking around; Mark glanced at her and grinned.

“With sparkly shoelaces!”

You’re pushing it, Ronnie.

I’m still getting my way, bub.

 

 

 

Mark yawned as he plopped down beside Nanhee.

“I feel like my head is about to explode any moment.” She said as she pressed her face on the table.

“Why?” Ronnie appeared with her tray of food.

“That exam.” Mark stated.

“Ah.” She nodded and just opened a box of biscuits.

“Ah? Did you not find it….painful…or tragic?” Nanhee sat up.

“It was fine. Why?”

Mark shook his head at his friend.

“Of course, of course, nothing is difficult for you.” Nanhee sighed at her, Ronnie just grinned and pressed the cold bottle of juice on her cheek.

“Cheer up, Song Nanhee. It’s going to be fine.” She said as she struggled with her bottled water, Mark took it from her.

Don’t you have training?” She asked as Mark handed it back to her, she took a small sip.

“It was cancelled. Do you guys want to grab pizza? Then dinner at Ronnie’s.” Mark started.

“Ya, is it your house?” Ri In looked at him, Nanhee chuckled.

“I’m up for it, Mark don’t squabble with your Ronnie when she’s on her period. You’ll lose anyway.” Nanhee said as they stood up.

“I know.” Mark said darkly, Ri In grinned and just looped her arm around his.

“So, pizza?” She asked.

“You were against it two seconds ago.”

Nanhee nodded.

But it’s food.” She whined, Mark laughed.

“Can’t you just cancel on Hyerin then we buy pizza.” Ronnie asked with a frown.

“Heol, that’s pushing it, Cheon Ri In.” Nanhee laughed.

“Fine, we buy pizza and head to your home.” Mark nodded and just poked her cheek before taking it out his phone to call Hyerin.

 

“Ha. I win.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++