018

His First and Last

 

Jeno felt a hand land on his shoulder, he looked up.

“Did something happen?” He asked.

“Nothing. You wanna leave?”

“Right now? What about your parents?” Jeno asked, confused. Then he saw Mark step in the hall, his brows knitted together as he approached his older cousin.

“Yeah. We can grab dinner somewhere. My treat.” She grinned and offered her hand to him, Jeno blinked.

“Ya, I can’t really go out roaming around dressed like this. It’s embarrassing.” She half-whined, Jeno finally smiled and took her hand.

“Fine, let’s go out.”

 

 

“Ya, what was that?” Taeyong asked as Mark reached him.

“Hyung, can I go ahead?” Mark stated, Taeyong’s brows rose.

“You want to leave?” He was confused.

“I~” Mark paused, Taeyong followed his gaze. Ronnie and Jeno were both walking towards the doors, hand in hand.

Taeyong’s brows rose.

“Mark, what you’re~”

“I don’t want to stay here.” Mark stated flatly.

“Arasso, go ahead. I’ll just tell them you weren’t feeling well.” Taeyong nodded, Mark quietly left him.

“Why can’t he just spit it out?” Taeyong mumbled to himself.

 

 

“You asked me about Saturday.” Ronnie started as they stepped out of the hotel.

Jeno nodded, a little shy.

“I’m up for it. As long as we don’t watch anything sappy or romantic.” She shuddered as they stepped to wide sidewalk.

“But, I never asked you about your old school.” She suddenly spoke.

Jeno looked at her.

“How was your previous school? Were you in the soccer team too?” She asked, Jeno shook off his coat and draped it around her.

“Yes, I was in the soccer team. I still hate science, but I enjoy math.” He offered, she chuckled.

“But both are fun.”

“You’re a nerd, Cheon Ri In-ssi.” Jeno mused, she snorted back.

“Something bad must have happened. Did you and Mark hyung argue?” He prodded carefully as they reached the restaurant.

“It’s nothing, I’ll live.” She winked before taking his hand and pulling him into the building.

 

 

Nanhee was standing by the kiosks, waiting for her friends to arrive. Then she smiled as she saw Ri In stepped through the gates.

“Ri In-ah,” She called, the girl looked up and grinned at her.

“How was the party? Did you survive?” She asked playfully as Ri In looped her arm with hers.

“I did, all thanks to Lee Jeno.” She chuckled, Nanhee paused slightly, she bit her lip.

“You know, Ri In-ah,” She started.

“You and Jeno…some of our classmates saw you two, having dinner alone.”

“Oh, we did. We escaped the party, something~” They both paused when a black BMW SLS rolled through the gates.

Ronnie’s brows furrowed and she looked away.

“Who~” Nanhee halted when the driver slid down, her eyes widened when he saw her friend.

Mark slung his backpack over one shoulder and walked to the building, not minding the stares he was getting.

“Wait, he can drive?”

“We’re not exactly citizens of this country,” Ronnie explained plainly. Then Nanhee halted.

“Wait! You two didn’t walk together!” She said accusingly.

 

“It doesn’t matter. Let’s go.” Ronnie said without looking at her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++