029

His First and Last

Ronnie parked the Mercedes Benz carefully, she slid down from the seat and paused, there was another car parked inside their garage.

A white Range Rover with a big bow on it, her brows rose.

Whoa, what a way to make me feel bad.” She muttered as she noticed the tires, she pulled out her backpack before making her way towards the house.

She checked her phone as she stepped in the house; Jeno had sent her a text, saying that their team had won. That put a small but brief smile on her face.

“Bub.” She mumbled as she get inside the kitchen, she shook off her soaked jacket and rushed up to her room, she kicked off her socks and ran to the windows, her shoulders fell when she realized that Mark wasn’t home yet.

“What am I supposed to say to that?” She sighed before plopping down on the bed.

Her eyes went to the framed photograph on her desk, it was a photo of her and Mark taken during their trip to Canada last year.

 

 

 

Mark stepped out of his room, it was just eight in the morning and he didn’t know how to feel whether to welcome the weekend or not.

He had spilled way too much last night, losing his cool at the match and with Ronnie.

“Ronnie.” He sighed as he went down the stairs. He made his way to the kitchen and grabbed a clean bowl and cereal. He was about to sit down when a carton of milk suddenly appeared before him.

“If you do that again, you’re really going to get it.”

He froze; Ronnie was standing across the counter, facing him.

R—Ronnie.

“Leaving me standing in the rain like we’re in some kind of angsty teenage drama, oh, what a headache.” She sighed. Mark was speechless, he saw her close her eyes briefly before taking the seat beside his.

I..I can’t do this.” She faced him.

“Ronnie, if this is~”

I mean, I don’t like us being all awkward and stuff, just…..I don’t want things to change, Mark.

He looked away, his brows meeting briefly.

“See? It’s already starting, it’s scaring me.” She spoke quietly.

Ronnie, I’m sorry, I didn’t really think before speaking~

She smiled before kissing his cheek, Mark was stunned.

“I’m just asking you to give me some time, I’m not rejecting you, bub.”

Mark faced her, his eyes wide.

“It’s you, you’re my angel. It wouldn’t make sense if I push you away, right?” She smiled before sliding down the stool.

Shower and get dressed, let’s have an unhealthy brunch.

 

 

“I’m driving!” She announced as they stepped out of the house, Mark was dressed in a pair of jeans, a white button down and a leather jacket.

“Where are we heading?” He asked as they reached the Range Rover, Ronnie had already removed the bow attached to it.

“I don’t know, where do you wanna go?”

You said brunch.” Mark stated as they neared the car.

“Ah, that.” She chuckled before going around to the driver’s seat, Mark exhaled before opening the door before him.

“The team won.” Mark started as Ronnie maneuvered the car out of the property.

“I know.” She smiled before shifting gears.

Ronnie, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have lost my temper with you.” Mark said quietly.

Well, I’m sorry for not telling you right away and for trying to start a fight with you, we’re even now, bub.” She grinned, her eyes still on the road, Mark smiled to himself before facing the window on his right.

So, how are things?” Mark asked quietly.

“Having the house to myself has its perks, Cobalt pretty much has his own room now.” She nodded.

“I…I can still come over, right?” Mark asked hesitantly.

Of course, silly. You even have your own key.” She shook her head at him.

“I just…I mean, I was..You know, I just~”

Ronnie suddenly stepped on the brakes.

This wont do.” She sighed and unstrapped her seatbelt, Mark blinked at her.

“You drive. This isn’t us, it’s usually you who drives while I try to talk your ears off.” She said before sliding down the vehicle, Mark followed her and went down from the car.

Look, bub,” Ronnie was already standing in front of him.

I hate us being awkward, I’m not open to this kind of change between us,” She sighed, Mark brows met briefly.

“You…You don’t have to think too much about this,” She faced him.

Ronnie, I like you. I have feelings for you, things will really change~

“You think I don’t understand that? I just…” She swallowed and looked at her fingers.

“The fact that I am putting up with this shy and fidgety version of you already means something, bub.”

Mark paused, Ronnie smiled at him.

I’m nervous too, I guess…you’ve always made me nervous, I just didn’t really minded it before.

“For me, it’s you, Lee Minhyung. I just didn’t want things to change right away.” She said quietly.

But I’m still your Lee Minhyung, Ronnie, no matter what happens.” Mark said as he took her hand in his.

“I know that, I just wanted you to cool down first before this~”

Mark just leaned over to kiss her nose, she balked.

“That was cute.” He grinned at her, Ronnie just stared at him, her cheeks were already in a shade of pink.

Mark chuckled.

Get in the car, let’s go get real food.” He stated.

“Ya, you, you’re really~”

Mark leaned over again and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“Ya!”

 

 

Get in the car, Ronniebear.” He teased before jogging towards the driver’s side.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++