008

His First and Last

 

Jeno and Ri In reached the last step, she exhaled and closed her eyes briefly. Jeno studied her face with concern as she leaned against the railings.

“What was that?” He asked, Ronnie looked at their hands briefly before letting go of his.

“Hyerin…I think conflict just started.”

“The kind of conflict you’re not ready to face?” Jeno replied.

“I never knew that I’d have to deal with a jealous girlfriend.” She mumbled to herself.

“Did..she say some things?” Jeno asked, a little worried that he came too late.

“She didn’t get to, you came just right in time,” She smiled thankfully before righting the lapels of his uniform.

“I have to get to class, thanks, Lee Jeno.” She raised her fist to him, Jeno smiled before bumping fists with her.

“I owe you one.” She said with a smile before walking away from him.

 

 

 

Nanhee took her seat across Ri In and placed her tray carefully.

“You’re not eating.” She stated as she glanced at her untouched food.

“I think you’re right.” Ronnie spoke, a small smile appeared on her lips.

“About what?” Nanhee queried as she picked up her chopsticks, they both looked up when Jeno passed by and gave them a small wave.

“Ya,” Mark joined them, Nanhee scooted over for him.

“Are you going to eat with us?” Ronnie asked, the other paused.

“I was planning to, why? I can’t?” Mark blinked at her.

“Mark, I know…this is all new to you, but don’t you think that it’s only right to go have lunch with Hyerin?”

Nanhee’s brows rose as she started to understand what was going on.

“Ronnie, it’s just lunch.”

I know, but..hang out with her. We can always catch up later, but here in school, people might misunderstand us.

Nanhee looked away, feeling the tension between the two.

“Something did happen up there earlier, Ronnie, just tell~”

Look, bub, nothing happened. We just happened to be at the same place, so, just go to her. It’s Valentines’, go.” Ronnie nodded at him, Mark didn’t reply, he just picked up his tray and left the table quietly.

Ronnie picked up her spoon and started to eat.

 

 

“You don’t understand why.”

Ronnie looked up, she was walking towards the stairs, there was still half an hour left for lunch break.

“Hoobae,” She grinned at Jeno.

“You don’t understand why Hyerin hates you.” Jeno finished, Ronnie grinned and just naturally looped arms with him.

“She probably thinks we have something going on with by the way you were way too friendly with me earlier.” She stated.

“That was kind of the purpose of it.” Jeno mused.

“Heol, cheeky.” She laughed.

“But, agasshi, why do I always find you alone?” He looked around them.

“It wasn’t always like this, well, Nanhee has this test she has to study for, I usually had Mark to walk around with.”

“The thing between you and…Mark sunbae,” Jeno cleared his throat, Ronnie glanced at him,

“Is it just that?”

“Just what?” Ronnie let go of him and started walking on the cracks on the floor, Jeno watched her, unsure of how to continue.

“It’s not good to keep me waiting, hoobae.” She mused at him.

He chewed on the insides of his cheek before speaking.

“Friendship. Is it just friendship? Nothing else?”

Ronnie’s lips quirked up.

“Yeah. It’s just that. Friendship. And, you!”

Jeno paused, and met her gaze.

“I’m your sunbae, not agasshi!”

“You’re not. You are agasshi.” Jeno nodded, Ronnie slapped his arm and laughed.

Jeno just glanced at her side profile as they started to walk around the empty halls.

Pretty agasshi.

 

 

Mark twirled the pen around his fingers, he was leaning against the wall, waiting for his friends to step out of the building.

And then he caught sight of Nanhee.

“Hee!” He called, Nanhee looked up and grinned at him.

“R~”

She was followed by Jeno and Ri In who were chatting animatedly, Mark’s eyes went to the two.

“We have training tomorrow.” Mark said to Jeno, the younger male looked up.

Ronnie glanced at him.

“I heard, sunbae. Do I have to watch out for anyone from Poongjin?” Jeno asked, Mark wordlessly took Ronnie’s backpack from her.

“Jersey number eight, Yong Kiseop. He plays dirty.” Mark stated as he walked with them, Jeno looked at his cousin briefly, confused at the silence between the two.

Nanhee shook her head at him.

“I did hear his name from Jisung, he only had bad things to day.” Jeno chuckled.

“We had a match against them last year, Jaemin got badly injured.” Mark informed him, his eyes darting over to the two girls behind them. Ronnie was now checking her phone.

“Okay, I cannot stand this silence,” Mark gave up, he faced Ronnie, Nanhee paused.

Walk with me?

“We always walk together to the~”

What else do you want Ronnie? We are already outside of school.” Mark replied, Jeno looked at the girl.

“Agasshi, you two should talk this out. We’ll see you two tomorrow.” Jeno spoke, Mark’s brows rose at the male. Ronnie scrunched her nose at him, he just chuckled and mussed her hair before pulling Nanhee with him.

Mark let out a short sigh.

“What’s wrong, Ron?” Mark asked as they walked, Ronnie bit her lip briefly, Mark raised his palm to her, she took it.

“I just don’t think us being the typical Ronnie and Mark at school will be a good thing for you and Hyerin.”

What?

Hyerin might misunderstand us, that’s why….there’s a reason why you never see us talk, okay?

Mark looked his friend briefly.

It’s difficult to date a guy who has a close girl friend. And I understand why she feels uncomfortable around me, I really do. So, that’s why, I’m asking you,

“To not be so~”

“Don’t be the usual Mark Lee around me at school. That way she won’t think badly.”

I don’t like this, Ron. Why do we have to change things?” He asked while squeezing her hand.

We’re not. It’s only at school, bub.” She offered him a small smile, Mark just nodded as they reached the bus stop.

“You’re still going to buy me fried chicken right?” Ronnie nudged his shoulder, his lips quirked up despite being bothered by what she wanted to happen.

 

 

“We’ll get it on the way home, agasshi.” He said mockingly as he wrapped one arm around her neck, Ronnie just slapped his hand away.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++