022

His First and Last

 

 

Ronnie pulled the covers closer to her and looked up, Mark placed her laptop on the desk and faced her.

Get some sleep.” He said as he sat down across her, Ronnie’s brows furrowed.

Maybe it’s a good thing…they finally decided to end things and get a divorce.” She said quietly, Mark just took her hand in his.

“We can talk about this tomorrow, but for now,” He squeezed her hand slightly.

Rest, you were out in the cold the whole day.

I never got to ask,” She sat up.

“How was the game? Did you get hurt?” She scanned his face frantically.

It was fine. We won.” Mark gave her a reassuring smile. She sighed and nodded.

“Grab an umbrella before heading out. It’s raining.” She gestured towards the window.

I will.” He said as he slowly pushed her back to her pillow, but Ronnie leaned over to kiss his cheek.

“Good night, team captain.” She chuckled before plopping down, Mark blinked and stood up.

“Y—You too.” He said before switching off the light and leaving the room. Mark shut the door behind him and leaned back. He let out a big breath.

You’re scary, Ronniebear.” He mumbled before heading out.

 

 

Nanhee watched as her younger cousin plopped down on his bed, she leaned against the doorframe.

“What was that?” She spoke.

“What, noona?” He asked, his voice muffled.

“I saw you sought out Mark earlier, should I be worried?” She asked carefully, Jeno pulled the pillow off his face.

“Ani.”

“Then..can I know what was that all about?”

“I told him the things I realized.” Jeno said.

“Huh?”

Jeno smiled and sat up.

“She…Agasshi was never going to look at me.”

 

 

Ronnie sat up, eyes wide and worried as she looked over the window. The rain was pouring hard and the occasional rumble of the thunder made her panic.

She glanced at the time; it was just eleven in the evening. She stood up, her brows knitted together; she looked at the house across hers.

She sighed and picked up her parka and put on a pair of thick sweats before running out of her room. She hurriedly grabbed an umbrella on her way out of the house and raced across the street; she yanked the gates open and typed in the code on the front door.

She dropped her umbrella and parka dripping on the living room floor and headed up.

 

 

Mark was in the middle of finishing his History report when the doors suddenly opened, causing him to jump.

He sat his laptop on the bedside table.

“Ronnie~”

He halted when she shook off her shoes and just inserted herself underneath the covers beside him.

“Y—Ya!” He stuttered.

“I can’t sleep. It’s raining too hard.” She complained, Mark’s forehead creased.

“Ronnie, you can have the guest room.”

“I don’t want be alone. And it’s just you, Mark Lee.” She made a face at him, Mark sighed, he slid down from the bed. Ronnie blinked at him; he tucked the covers over her. He brushed her bangs away from her face before pulling away.

“I still have a report to finish, so,” He said as he walked to the couch across the bed.

“I’ll sleep here.” He stated as he got his laptop, he saw how her nose scrunched up.

“I won’t leave the room, I promise.” He said reassuringly, she bit her lip and nodded. She looked at the windows, Mark just shut the curtains close.

“Go to sleep.” He said again as he sat down.

You..won’t leave?” She asked quietly.

Yeah, I won’t.

Then she sat up again, Mark sighed.

“Ronnie, I swear~

She slid down from the bed and gathered the covers in her arms; she dragged her drowsy self across the room and sat down beside him.

“Just tonight. It’s…especially…cold tonight.” She said quietly, her eyes on the table before them, Mark exhaled and nodded, h opened one arm to her, and she smiled before leaning on him. She pulled the blankets around her.

“Go on with the report then.” She murmured before closing her eyes. Mark picked up his book again and opened his laptop with one hand.

“Yeah, good night.” He stated quietly before glancing at the top of her head.

 

 

You’re going to drive me crazy.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++