006

His First and Last

 

Ri In followed Nanhee as they exited the classroom, classes had already ended and most of the students were looking forward to the soccer match.

"So, I heard a bunch of our batch mates talking in the restroom." Nanhee started as they walked.

"What?"

They reached the staircase; Ronnie sneezed and pulled her coat closer to her.

"The reason why Hyerin went home."

"Mark said she was not feeling well, right?" She asked as they reached the main lobby, they could already see the indoor field packed with students.

Nanhee chewed on the inside of her cheek, unsure.

"Ya, Song Nanhee, what's eating you?" Ronnie grew amused at her usually chatty friend.

"Did you and Mark go up the rooftop earlier?"

Ronnie paused but she nodded.

“We..had to talk.. about some family stuff.”

"Well, rumors are spreading that you and Mark..." Nanhee sighed and looked around them.

"That you're trying to get Mark from her." Nanhee finished, she studied her friend's expression in anticipation.

Then Ronnie started to laugh.

"Ya, that's nothing to worry about. That's probably some rumor a bunch of sophomores made up, you know how they adore Mark so much."

"Ri In~"

"Just go and enjoy the game, okay? Text me when it's me over." She pinched Nanhee's cheek before walking towards the study kiosks. Nanhee watched as her friend walked away.

"But I think it will be serious." She mumbled before jogging towards the field.

 

 

"You better watch out for number twelve." Haechan warned Jeno as they exited the locker room, Mark and Jaemin were in front of them, discussing tactics.

"It's not like I' m playing today." Jeno mused.

"But we have a game this Friday, you are definitely playing." Haechan noted, then they noticed Mark stepping away from the group, he jogged across the field and approached the study kiosks.

"Where is sunbae~" Jeno paused when he saw Mark approach a lone figure sitting down, Ri In.

"Do you know, that Ri In sunbae has never watched a game before?" Jaemin mused, Jisunv nodded.

"Come to think of it..I never saw her at any of our matches." Haechan chuckled.

Jeno then followed Mark with a smile.

 

 

 

Ronnie looked up when she heard someone approaching.

"Not going to wish me luck?" He grinned as he placed his phone beside her.

"Good luck." She said without looking up from her notebook, Mark chuckled and playfully bumped his head against hers.

"Try not to bleed this time." She shuddered as he let go.

"I'll try." He nodded, and then Jeno walked up to them also clad in his jersey.

"Agasshi, you're not watching?"

Mark glanced at the younger male, as he plopped down beside his friend and leaned over her shoulder.

Mark's brows rose slightly.

Ronnie blinked and looked at Jeno who was now reading her notes.

"Get off." She shrugged him off, he chuckled.

"You're just going to study? Again?" Jeno made a face at her, Ronnie nodded and closed her notebook.

"I don't watch the games, Jeno, you should go now." She faced him then she sneezed slightly, Mark then placed his jacket on the table beside her, he touched her cheek briefly. Ronnie shook her head at him.

You’re a little feverish.” He said.

Jeno studied the two quietly, then he saw his scarf still tied around the strap of her backpack, he quickly took it off and leaned over.

Ronnie paused when Jeno suddenly got closer to her and started to place scarf around her neck.

“Please don’t catch a cold, agasshi.” He chuckled before walking away from them, Ronnie just shook her head, amused.

“I’ll be here right after the game, we should get home quickly.” Mark said before leaving, Ronnie just nodded and went back to her notes.

Mark glanced back at his friend, then at the scarf before keeping up with Jeno.

 

 

 

Ronnie watched as her schoolmates walked out from the field, judging by the looks on their faces and their laughter, the school’s team had won, as usual.

She was sitting on the table, her feet planted on the bench she had just vacated.

Then she saw Nanhee and Mark chatting as they made their way towards her, then she saw Jeno happily chatting with Jaemin and Jisung before joining the other two.

Ronnie, we won!” Mark said happily as they neared her.

Mark, I know, you always defeat those guys.” She smiled as she stepped down, then she winced as she saw his face.

“Are you okay?” Jeno asked her.

“Agasshi can’t stand the sight of blood. That’s why she doesn’t watch the games, sometimes soccer can be too intense for her.” Nanhee nodded, Mark just plopped down on the bench.

Nanhee eyed the cut on his lower jaw, Ri In sighed and dug through Mark’s backpack for his first aid kit.

“Guys, I kind of have to go, club meeting.” Nanhee said.

“Okay, go ahead.” Mark waved at her, Ronnie nodded as Nanhee left them. Jeno sat down on the table, watching the two.

There was something he was trying to understand between the two, Mark wouldn’t let the nurses tend to his cut earlier, but somehow he makes his friend who was afraid of blood take care of it for him.

And Ri In was actually cleaning his cut with an antiseptic wipe.

“Jeno? Not hurt?” She glanced at him.

“I didn’t play, agasshi. But maybe by Friday, you’ll have to tend to me too.” Jeno mused, Ronnie made a face at him, but she chuckled.

Mark grinned, then Ronnie pressed on his cut in annoyance. He gripped her hand and whined, she laughed.

“I’d kill for some sashimi.” She stated as she pulled away from him, his cut now cleaned and bandaged.

“Jeno, you wanna join us?” She faced Jeno, the latter nodded. Mark looked at his friend briefly before picking up his bag. Ri In wasn’t the type to just warm up to people easily.

“So, now go change. I’ll wait by the gate.” Ronnie brushed the bits of his mud on his shirt before walking away.

 

 

“We get to eat fresh seafood!” Ronnie said excitedly as the boys exited the locker room, she looped her arms around theirs as they walked. Jeno smiled at her.

“You’re only this happy when we eat out.” Mark mused at her.

“Of course, I am. You’re treating.” She beamed at him and leaned her head on his shoulder, Jeno watched on, his brows meeting briefly.

They reached the gate, then Mark paused.

“Please don’t tell me you’re going to cancel on me.” She said darkly, and then she saw Hyerin standing by the gates. Jeno discreetly pulled Ri In away from Mark.

“Well, my boyfriend really has to cancel on you.” She said with a friendly smile that dripped with venom.

Ronnie’s brows went up, then Nanhee’s words from earlier echoed in her head.

“Hyerin, I thought you were sick.” Mark said as he walked to her.

“Sashimi.” Ri In said sadly, Jeno had to smile at that.

“I feel better now and then I heard you guys won the game. Let’s celebrate.” She took his hand, Mark looked at Ronnie, his eyes looked worried.

“Hoobae, you can walk her to the bus stop, right? Mark always has to do that.” She demanded, Mark looked at Hyerin, confused.

“Ani, he~”

“Yes, then we’ll get going now.” Jeno nodded and tugged Ri In with him, her brows met briefly.

“Are we still heading out for sashimi?” She asked him quietly, Jeno blinked and looked at her, amazed by how persistent she was with sashimi and how she did not noticed the tension from earlier.

“Of course, agasshi.” He smiled at her and mussed her hair playfully.

Mark glanced back as Jeno laughed at something Ronnie said, then he leaned over closer to her and mussed her hair, Ronnie just shook her head at him and looped her arm around his.

 

Mark’s forehead creased before setting his attention back to Hyerin.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++