015

His First and Last

 

 

Mark looked up as he heard the door open; Ronnie strolled into the kitchen and set a neatly packed sandwich before him.

“Did you sleep well?” She asked him as he took the seat across his.

Yeah.” He replied before taking a bite from the sandwich.

Bub,..how are you?” She asked meaningfully, Mark met her gaze, his mind was in a jumble.

I’m fine, Ronnie.” He replied.

“I know you’re not.” She said quietly.

I kept on calling you last night, you never picked up, didn’t send me a text.

“I…just didn’t feel like it.” Mark said, Ronnie nodded, deciding not to push him to talk.

So, you and Jeno?” Mark asked as he stood up, he grabbed his backpack before heading to the front door.

“Huh?” Ronnie blinked behind him, Mark glanced at her.

It’s nothing, let’s go.” He said before opening the door.

 

 

“He’s in a bad mood.” Nanhee stated as she set her books down, Ronnie looked up.

“Yeah, he shut the door to my face last night. I am not even excused from his mood.” She sighed and leaned on her desk. Their teacher has not yet arrived, and the whole room was still buzzing with noise.

“But, is it really just all about Hyerin? I mean, from the looks of it, he was ready to break up with her.”

Ronnie chewed on the insides her of cheek.

“Ri In, is there something you’re not telling me?” Nanhee reached for her hand, but before she could reply, a hand went straight down on Ronnie’s desk, almost hitting her face in the process.

“Whoa, you have some guts, huh? You even show up the next day still clinging on him?” Hyerin said, the classroom turned quiet.

Nanhee froze, Ronnie slowly sat up.

“I tried to hold it in.” Ronnie muttered under her breath.

“Ya! You were planning this all along, huh?” Hyerin kicked the foot of her desk.

“Planning?” Ronnie looked up, her eyes cold.

“You just want Mark to yourself, you dirty . All along, you’ve been trying to snatch him away from me!”

“You’re talking funny.” She finally stood up, Hyerin’s eyes widened.

“Should I report you to the faculty? Bullying a fellow student and now, harassing me.” Ronnie challenged.

“Of course that’s how you deal with things, you’re weak, nerd.” Hyerin spat, Ronnie chuckled.

“Be careful, if you still want Mark back~”

Hyerin struck her across the cheek.

“How dare you warn me?” Hyerin seethed.

“If I wanted him, I would have snatched him away from you long ago, you would have never even existed in his eyes.” She spat.

“You’re not his type. You’re a big bully with a load of insecurities, who would want you?” Ronnie spat before leaving the room.

 

 

Jeno halted when he saw a familiar figure heading up the steps, he tossed his backpack to Jaemin before rushing after the girl.

He heard Ronnie push the doors open, Jeno felt cold rush of air as he followed her.

“Agasshi?”

Ronnie was standing by the ledge, her arms crossed.

“I’m not exactly in the mood.” She said as she glanced at him, Jeno’s brows rose.

“Did..something happen?”

She didn’t reply, instead she just looked at her shoes, her brows knitted together.

“I’m just…sick of everything.” She said finally, Jeno opened one arm to her; she smiled before letting him wrap it around her. Jeno’s eyes widened when he saw the red mark across her cheek. He tried to reach for her face, but Ronnie shook her head.

“Of what? School? But you love school.” He said lightly, trying to liven up her mood.

“School’s okay, but the people in it, they~”

The metal doors yanked open again, Ronnie turned behind them.

Ronnie~

You said you’d deal with it.” She snapped, Mark paused.

I did, I talked to her and~

“If you did, why is she still bothering me? Why is she always trying to start trouble?” She replied hotly, Jeno tensed.

Mark’s jaw tightened and untightened.

See this? You’re here. Why are you here?” She groaned.

“Where do I have to be? I heard about what happened, Ronnie, your cheek~”

She’s your girlfriend! You should talk to her, not me!

“Ronnie, let’s talk~”

“Talk? How many times did I try to talk to you? You shoo me away from your home, you shut me out every time I try to check on you. And just now, you’re ex is out to hunt me down.”

“You’re hot and cold, Mark. Last night you shut door to my face, then this morning, you’re all okay and fuzzy again. Just what are you thinking?”

Mark closed his mouth and looked away.

“This is why things have gone haywire. You don’t know what to do first.”

“So, checking on you is wrong?” Mark asked her.

“Yes, it is.” She replied simply before leaving.

 

 

Ronnie’s fingers floated over her chopsticks, she placed her hands on her lap and stood up.

“You guys enjoy lunch. I have a report to finish.”

Nanhee nodded, Ronnie smiled and squeezed Jeno’s shoulder before leaving their table. She reached the empty field and sat down on one of the kiosks.

She looked at her fingers and sighed.

“So, you’re going to leave me for Ri In? Just like that? You always choose her, Mark.”

“I never had a chance, huh, against that friend of yours? She’s probably the reason why your relationships failed. She’s a thorn to your side, Mark!”

She ran her fingers through her hair, then she jumped when something cold was pressed against her cheek.

I don’t know what’s going on, or if you’re just trying to start a fight with me, but,” Mark cleared his throat as he sat down beside her.

Her fingers curled tightly.

“But don’t do this. You can’t just suddenly stop talking with me, Ronnie.”

Ri In’s brows met briefly, Mark sighed and placed the ice pack before her.

I’ll fix it, with Hyerin, I’ll tell her were really over and make sure this wont happen again.” Mark stated, she faced him, her eyes red.

Mark panicked.

Hey, Ronniebear, I’m really sorry. I didn’t know it would get to this, I just~

Then, don’t do it again. Shutting me out.” She said shakily, Mark sighed and nodded.

I just….feel like I’m the reason why you two fell apart, I mean, Mark, I’m always around you, and~

No, no, don’t even go there.” Mark stated firmly as he wrapped his arms around her.

It’s not your fault. It’s mine. I…let it fail miserably without knowing.” He said softly, Ronnie frowned. Mark gave her a small smile before brushing her tears away.

I as a boyfriend, I know. But please, don’t let me lose you.” He said to her, Ronnie just looked at him, her cheeks and nose red from the cold.

“It’s cold.” She blurted, Mark exhaled in relief and just grinned at her.

I know, I know.” He nodded before pulling her to him and kissing the side of her head, Mark let out a shaky breath before letting her snuggle closer to him.

 

 

If we keep this up, maybe I might fall more deeply into you.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++