019

His First and Last

 

 

“Hmm.” Nanhee set down her tray across Mark’s, Ronnie was nowhere to be found.

“Did something happen in my absence?” She asked him, Haechan and Jisung joined the two.

“Wait, this is weird.” Haechan paused, Jisung looked around them.

Mark just continued eating.

“We have one game tomorrow. You guys better not get injured.” Mark stated as he chewed.

“Hyung, I heard about what happened, why did teacher Seon yell at you?” Jisung spoke. Nanhee chewed on her lower lip.

She was there, their teacher had called for Mark’s attention at class, but he just continued on staring at the windows. Then she finally lost her temper and sent her to the prefect.

“I just wasn’t feeling it. See you at practice.” Mark nodded at the two, he left his unopened soda to Nanhee before walking away from their table.

“Something’s wrong,” Jisung nodded.

“It’s Ri In. I’m sure.” Nanhee sighed.

“Wae? Jeno finally managed to get in between them?” Haechan mused, Nanhee paused, even Jisung was staring at him.

“Please don’t tell me you guys didn’t notice. Or was expecting this to happen.” Haechan dropped his chopsticks.

“Haechan~”

“It’s bound to happen. Mark hyung would eventually realize he has feelings for her.”

 

 

Ronnie curled her fingers over the keychain plushie attached to her backpack.

“You aren’t eating.”

She looked up, Jeno was looking at her untouched food.

“Want it?” She asked as she pushed it towards him. He smiled and shook his head.

“You should eat.”

“I was wrong. That… I know.”

Jeno’s brows rose up.

“Is this about Mark hyung?”

“I asked him to stay away from me because I couldn’t understand him. He was…acting crazy, he got mad at me for..” She shook her head.

“For asking you to be my fake boyfriend, he even asked me if I was trying to replace him.” She smiled and shook her head. Jeno’s brows knitted together.

“How could he think that way?” She said as she picked up her spoon.

“Are you?” Jeno asked, she looked up.

“Huh?”

“Trying to replace him.” Jeno finished, Ronnie’s lips quirked up.

“No. You’re different.” Ronnie mussed his hair.

“You do know what you’re implying right now, agasshi?” Jeno met her gaze evenly, Ronnie blinked, she tensed.

“Ani. I’m just saying~”

“It’s unfair. I’m always with you, but your mind is on Mark hyung.” Jeno spoke, Ri In looked away and swallowed.

“Jeno, I~”

“I’ll see you later, the bell just rang.” Jeno stated before standing up.

 

 

Mark looked up as Ronnie stepped in the classroom; she smiled at Nanhee as she made her way towards her desk.

Ronnie took her seat beside his and faced the opposite side, chatting with Nanhee.

“Ya, you didn’t even eat.” Nanhee chided.

“How did you know?” Ronnie mused.

“Jeno. He texted me, saying that you didn’t touch your meal.” Nanhee said worriedly, Mark’s brows rose.

“I just didn’t feel like eating. Appa prepared my lunch, he must have forgotten I can’t eat rice this week.”

“Ri In, I swear to god, you keep on dieting this week and~”

“I’m fine. I’ll survive.” Ronnie chuckled, Mark shook his head. He could sense it, something was bothering Ronnie, and it wasn’t just about food.

“Survive? You’re driving me crazy.”

“I have a recital this weekend. Come by and see me then.” She offered, Nanhee snorted.

“I’ll be there in case you faint and fall down.” She stated, Ronnie chuckled.

 

Nanhee smiled as the bell rang, signaling that the day was over.

“I’ll go ahead. See you.” Ronnie quickly picked up her backpack as rushed out of the room, her mother’s secretary had kept on calling her but she could not answer her phone during class hours.

She lugged her backpack with her as she stepped out of the building.

“Yes, unnie?” She said as she picked up, then she raised her backpack, expecting for someone to take it.

“Your mother asked me to check on you. Is there anything you need?”

Ronnie blinked and glanced at her back, she exhaled and put her arm down.

I forgot. Mark’s not around.

“I’m fine. I don’t need anything.” She replied carefully.

“That’s good then, call me if something comes up.”

Ronnie put her phone down and started walking towards the bus stop.

 

Mark watched as Ronnie put her phone down, she was frowning as she slung her backpack over one shoulder.

He leaned back against his car and watched her, he exhaled.

Screw this.” He said before jogging after her.

Ronnie!” He called after her, then he halted when he saw Jeno standing in front of her.

Mark’s fists curled on his sides, Jeno was smiling as he cupped both of her cheeks.

He could only see her back and Jeno’s small smile as she spoke to him. Mark watched as Jeno nodded, then he slowly opened his arms to her.

Mark shook his head, his jaw tightened.

And then, Ronnie stepped to him and wrapped her arms around the younger male. Jeno smiled before kissing the side of her head.

 

 

Mark turned away from the scene; he ran back towards his car and sped away from the campus.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++