001

His First and Last

"Would you please move a little faster?" A bored and impatient voice echoed from the foyer, Mark Lee just shook his head and picked up his backpack; he tossed his training shoes inside before bounding down the staircase.

"Good morning, grumpy." He said as he passed by her and headed to the kitchen, he grabbed a cheese stick from the fridge and tossed it to her.

"You always drag me down with you. We're both going to be late." She said darkly as she handed him a neatly packed salami sandwich.

"Your breakfast is served, lazyass." 

Mark grinned at her as they stepped out of the house.

"Do you have practice today? Do I have to wait?" She asked as Mark locked the gates, the latter nodded.

"I do. Why? Do you have plans walking alone? But you tend to trip over the tiniest things." He nufged her playfully as they made their way towards the bus stop.

"Not sure if concerned or just dissing me." She said as she put on her earphones and plopped down on the bench and closed her eyes.

Mark just smirked and took out his PSP as they waited for the bus to arrive, he would occasionally look up and smile back at some of his schoolmates when they greeted him.

The bus arrived just in time, Mark as per routine, just pulled Ri In's backpack upwards; she blinked and just let him pull her to the bus.

"And you were saying you wanted to go home alone? You doze off at bus stops. Or as every chance you get." He said as he took their seats.

"Please tell me you did your Geometry homework?" She ignored us statement and eyed his backpack questioningly.

"We had homework?!" He balked, then the bus halted, a group of three females wearing the same uniform as Ri In's climbed up. Mark's face lit up when he saw his girlfriend.

"Phone." Ri In stretched her palm to him, Mark handed his phone to her. Ri In swiftly took photos of her homework and tossed it back to him.

"Thanks, Ronnie." He said as she vacated her seat and walked to another empty one. She saw Hyerin make her way towards Mark and sat down beside him.

Ronnie just took out his Advance Math book and started to read.

 

 

 


"How do you do it? I hate you."

Ri In looked at her friend amusedly, Nanhee and her stepped out of their classroom together. Ri In had managed to ace their pop quiz without breaking a sweat while most of the class got below average.

"I just...study. Can we get something spicy?"

The two girls were off to the cafeteria for recess. Nanhee nodded abd looped her arm through her friend's.

"Since you passed, you're buying!"

"Ronnie!"

They stopped, Ri In winced as she spun around. Mark was flanked by his teammates as hr approached them.

"What?" She asked flatly.

"It's going to snow later and I know that you never bring an extra coat with you." He said as he tossed her a fur lined parka.

Nanhee grinned and bumped fists with Mark.

"Okay, you can leave now and take your jock friends with you." Ri In pushed his arm.

"It's always nice when you two converse in English and leave me out. Now let's go eat." Nanhee whined, Ri In chuckled.

"Mark? Let's go!" Hyerin arrived and waved at him, Ri In just pulled Nanhee with her with the parka hanging over her shoulder.

 


"Really, as Mark's friend, I tried to be... lenient, but look," Nanhee jutted her lips at the other table, Ri In grinned and just started to chomp down on her ramen.

"Hee, stop it."

"How does he stand her and her crowd?" Nanhee continued as she watched Hyerin and her two friends check their reflections on their phones.

"I don't really think she's that bad." Ronnie shrugged and picked up her juice, Mark was seated beside his girlfriend as they ate.

"If you really think so, why don't you hang out with her? She's your best friend's girlfriend."

"And, not bad? Remember last year? When I was the new kid?"

"Yes, you were the new kid." Ronnie nodded.

Nanhee rolled her eyes at the other girl.

"Hyerin and her two minions locked me up in the ladies' room during PE class. And called me fat."

"But you managed to get out and you're not fat." Ri In replied as she chewed.

"Because you found me." Nanhee sighed and slapped the girl's arm.

"First, I don't have to "hang out" with her, she's not Mark. Anyway," She said as she gathered her leftovers and piled them on her tray.

"I need to head over to the library. See you in class." Ronni grinned and squeezed her hand before leaving the table.

"Heol." Nanhee said darkly as she watched her friend leave the cafeteria.

"Hey, she left you for books again?" Mark happened to pads by her.

"Nothing new there." She replies, Mark just chuckled.

"We have Geometry together, right? Come on." Mark said, Nanhee nodded and stood up, then she glanced back as she walked with Mark. She didn't miss the look Hyerin gave her as they left the cafeteria.

Nanhee just shook her head.

 

Ri In hurried over to the Korean History section as she got in the library, she shivered slightly as she reached the empty hall.

"Joseon...after,"

She straightened out the parka Mark had given her, she was about to slide her arm into the sleeve when she felt something fuzzy brush against her fingers.

She yanked her hand back in a hurry and almost screamed when a bunch of small hairy plastic spiders rained down from the sleeve.


"Lee Minhyung!"


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++