Chapter 9

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

Damn this traffic why now!!

 

Well, actually it's not really a traffic but there's a lot of cars on the road that I can't even manage to drive fast like I used to.

 

I'm already late because I lost track of time thinking about those b*tches who was about to ruin my plans and all the fun things!!

 

I parked my motorbike and immediately get in the restaurant and search for Qri.

 

I found her sitting on our reserved spot looking at her watched.

 

She must've been planning to leave now.

 

I fix myself first before I approach her.

 

I actually have no idea of what kind of attitude she have so I better play safe.

 

This set up should've worked out coz I spent all my remaining money from the underground fight just to bring her here in this high class restaurant

 

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I got caught up on the traffic" I finally approached her and apologize.

 

I hate her but I have to play nice.

 

"It's ok. Are you the one sending me flowers?" She ask giving me her expressionless face.

 

Is she always like this?

 

I just smile and take a sit.

 

I don't plan on standing here all night.

 

"Yeah. I'm Park Hyomin by the way. I finally have all the courage to meet you now" I said and give her my sweet smile.

 

"You look pretty confident" She said again.

 

Her poker face is seriously annoying

 

How would I guess what's running in her mind?

 

"I'm Qri and I assume you do know that already....So tell me how did you know me?" She ask.

 

Damn. She's so straight forward.

 

If she's like this always I might end up saying nothing.

 

"Uhm. Can we order first and talk while we eat? I'm starving now" I said making excuses.

 

I'm not Boram and I never been on a date before.

 

"Ok." She just said and we call for the waiter.

 

She let me order our food which is in favor of me because I could choose what suits my budget.

 

But why the hell the food in here are super expensive???

 

Tsk.

 

I just order the least expensive one even though it's still expensive.

 

Heol.

 

"So, you must be rich to bring me here in this fancy restaurant" She said.

 

Err. Does she really always have to wear that face?

 

"No. I'm not. I just really prepared for this night that's why it took few days before I ask for us to meet" I said.

 

"Ok. So can you tell me now how did you know me?" She ask.

 

"Well, I saw you with my friend before and  really find you.....attractive" I said and smile at her again.

 

I saw that her expression changed but it's just for a few seconds before she go back to that poker face.

 

"Ok. Let me get you straight to the point Hyomin-ssi. You should forget about your feelings for me. It's seriously won't go anywhere coz I'm already engaged and in few months from now I'm getting married. Just focus on your studies" She said and get her wallet.

 

She left money on the table and stand up.

 

Whoa! That money is more than what we order.!!

 

But I have to chase her.

 

Tss. We didn't eat anything yet she have to pay for it and the waiter got a tip!!!

 

I stand up too and immediately chase her.

 

I won't let this go to nothing!!

 

"Qri wait!" I call and catch up with her.

 

She was about to get in her car.

 

"Kid. I had no time in playing games. I told this is getting us nowhere so we better stop this now. It might be rude but....leave me alone" She said and was about to get in her car but I immediately grab her wrist to stop her.

 

"I won't. You're still not married with whoever your fiancee is! That means I still had a chance to win your heart" I said full of determination.

 

I made up my mind.

 

I'm gonna stick to the plan even those b*tches are around.

 

"You have no idea what kind of trouble you wanted to put yourself into kid" She said.

 

I'm kinda annoyed that she keeps calling me kid

 

"I'm not a kid anymore! So stop calling me kid!" I raised my voice to her.

 

Then, again I saw her expression changes but immediately switch back to her poker face.

 

She's good at hiding emotions..

 

"Wow. Lovers quarrel in the parking. What a sight to see"

 

B*tch

 

I clearly recognize that voice.

 

"Mind your own business Yuri" Qri said.

 

I'm kinda surprise that she knows her.

 

"Whoa! Unnie. Aren't you happy to see me?" Yuri said and pout but then she started to laugh.

 

This girl is crazy.

 

And she call Qri unnie

 

"I won't be happy to see you. Not ever" Qri said and I don't know if she's mad at Yuri or she just don't care.

 

"You're alone today Yuri-ah" I said and light up a cigarette.

 

I'm getting stress with all of this.

 

"Smoking? Are you nervous because of my presence Hyomin? Don't worry. I'm her to have my dinner and not to fight. There's a right place and right time for that" She said and smirked.

 

Now because of her I can't hide to Qri that I'm a gangster.

 

Tss.

 

"You wish. Why would I be scared of you? We beat you up last time remember?" I said and my time to smirk at her

 

She glared at me.

 

"Be careful Park Hyomin. Coz I've heard that we're not the only one who wants hunt you and your friends down." She said and leave us.

 

"So you're a gangster and smoker" Qri said.

 

I immediately put away my cigarette.

 

"Yeah. So do you hate me now?" I ask.

 

"No but I have an advice for you. You better quit" She said and get inside her car and leave.

 

I should quit?

 

Quit what?

 

Smoking?? Or winning her??

 

Damn it.

 

Everything was all ruined so I better try it again some other time.

 

THE NEXT DAY

QRI'S POV

I woke up early and greeted an angry dino eating chocolates and a can of beer for breakfast.

 

Ehh?

 

This kid never drinks.

 

"Hey. What's up with you? Stop eating that and eat proper breakfast" I said and take the chocolates away from her.

 

I cheek what's inside the can and as expected it's only milk.

 

Heol.

 

"Yah Park Jiyeon. What's wrong? And why did you pour milk on the can of beer?" I sit beside her and ask.

 

"Nothing" She said coldly.

 

I didn't talk to her last night because I'm so sleepy plus I'm still trying to figure out why did Yuri come back.

 

"Ok. Seems like you had no plan on telling me what's going on with you so I'll tell you what's up....Yuri is back" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter