Chapter 2

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

"O....k. So let me clear thing. You are so against this marriage right?" I ask.

 

I can't focus on my work with Jiyeon keeps blabbering about her so called brilliant plan.

 

I don't know what had gotten to our Moms that they think bringing this kid around is ever a good idea.

 

She looks prim and proper in front of other people especially to her Mom but when there's just the two of us she will suddenly turn into a dinosaur with all this crazy ideas running into her head.

 

"Yes, I am so against this marriage Qri. Like duh!. Why did they want me to finish my studies if I'm just gonna marry and stay at home after graduation? I doesn't make sense" She said while folding the papers on my table. I hope those are not the important one.

 

And yeah, I'm the boss here but she's the one sitting on my seat instead of me while I am sitting on a stool beside her trying to get my work done.

 

"Yeah it doesn't make sense but now you're suggesting that you want us to move out and live in our own house....together...in one roof.....like a married couple." I said.

 

"Yes" She said.

 

I sighed.

 

"Seriously Jiyeon. What are you planning to do?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. It goes this way. If we both live in new house that means both could escape from our parents....temporarily and we could do what we want. " She said.

 

"Sounds great but they will never agree with your plan Jiyeon-ah so forget about it." I said.

 

"Yah c'mon!. This is why I need your help. Please Qri" She pleads and hold my hand.

 

I just look at her with my poker face.

 

This idea is crazy.

 

"Please Qri. I really wanted to experience freedom for once in my life and the only one who could give that to me is you. Plus...plus there's something that I'm eager to know." She said almost tearing up.

 

**sigh**

 

"Fine but if it doesn't work out in first try we won't push." I said and she suddenly smile and hug me.

 

"Thank you! Thank you" She said while squishing me.

 

Heol.

 

"Get off kid. I can't breathe" I said and she immediately let go and go back to folding the papers on my table.

 

She's really a kid.

 

"By the way. What's the thing that you really wanna know?" I ask and she suddenly look sad.

 

Eh?

 

"Just something I'm missing my whole life" She said.

 

What?

 

**phone vibrates**

 

Let's meet.

 

That's what the message content is.

 

I'm surprised that she still save my number after what happen.

 

"Hey, I'm leaving for a while. Don't play with important things alright?" I said and she just made a paper airplane and make it fly towards me.

 

"Bye bye Qri" She said waving her hand to me like a kid.

 

I wonder what is that thing that she misses.

 

Heol but my office will surely be a mess when I came back.

 

"Why am I babysitting a dino?" I said and leave her in my office.

 

I headed to the parking lot and get into the car.

 

I need to meet someone.

 

I drive as fast as I could to the meeting place.

 

I wonder why of all places she wanted us to meet up on the bridge.

 

I saw her standing looking at the sea.

 

If I didn't know her I will misunderstood that she wanted to jump off.

 

I notice that she had a small box with her.

 

I took a deep breath and walk towards her.

 

"Park Soyeon-ssi" I call for her attention.

 

I need to be formal so it won't make me feel so awkward.

 

She look at me and I can see anger in her eyes.

 

I'm sorry Soyeon-ah.

 

I feel so much guilt.

 

I couldn't protect you that's why I can't keep you.

 

I'm sorry.

 

I wanted to say that to her but what for?

 

We're better this way.

 

She better move on.

 

"Here. I don't need all of that" She said angrily handed me the box.

 

I check what's inside and notice that it's all the things that I gave to her.

 

"You don't have to give this back to me." I said and she glared at me.

 

"My parents die because of searching for me did you know that Lee Jihyun?!! I left them behind and everything for you and this all I get! Those things only reminds me of those three years of your broken promises and lies!! There's no reason for me to keep all of that." She said and push me.

 

I saw tears start falling on her face.

 

I wanted to hug her and wipe her tears away but I have no courage to do it.

 

I didn't say anything.

 

What am I supposed to say?

 

"Starting today. I don't want to see you nor hear anything about you Lee Jihyun! Falling in love with you is the biggest mistake I ever done in my life!...I regret it. I will regret it till the rest of my days!" She said and walk away.

 

She hate me to death.

 

I close my eyes and took a deep breath.

 

"This is what you want Qri. You can't cry" I said to myself still trying to stop my tears from falling

 

I open my eyes and I can't see her anywhere anymore.

 

"You lost her Qri. You lost her...forever" I said and throw the box on the sea.

 

She's was right.

 

There's no use to keep all of those things.

 

I must completely set her free.

 

**phone rings**

 

"Yah Qri-ah where are you now?? I'm hungry" Jiyeon said like a boss over the phone.

 

Tsk.

 

"You don't need me to get your food kid. If you're lazy just ask my secretary to get you one" I said.

 

"Your secretary looks scary. She looks like she's going to eat me alive so there's no way that I'm gonna talk to her. Just come back here now. I'll be waiting" She said and hang up.

 

"How's my secretary gonna eat her?" I ask myself.

 

I just drive back to my office but of course I didn't forget to buy food for that kid.

 

As expected my office was a mess with papers everywhere.

 

"Food!!" She happily said and get the food from me.

 

She didn't even greet me or look at me.

 

How grateful.....

 

"Park Jiyeon. Are you a kindergartener or what? Look at what you have done to my office " I said and started picking up the pieces of papers on the floor.

 

"It's pretty boring in here you know. Just send me to school if you don't want me here." She said and continue munching her food.

 

"I can't do that. Our parents might come by and visit and if they found out that I send to school we're dead and you could also said goodbye to your brilliant plan" I said.

 

I guess I'll be having a hard time focusing on work if she's here.

 

BORAM'S POV

I'm wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter