Chapter 14

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

One of the reasons why I never like the Underground Society Club is the noise, the smell and the environment is totally a ruckus.

 

 I only go to that place when it's really needed like to get information and other relevant things.

 

And this underground arena is just like that.

 

People looks weird too.

 

It's not a requirement for a gangster to look weird but I don't understand what's wrong with this people.

 

Tsk.

 

"I think we're a little too early. I don't see your girlfriend anywhere" Areum said to Jiyeon.

 

I guess she's right.

 

We're too early.

 

But it's already crowded in here.

 

"Are you sure that they will gonna be here?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. Eunjung said it's important. That's why she never listens to me when I beg her not to" She said and pout.

 

I think there are times she forgets that Eunjung is her unnie.

 

And I have no idea what she's planning to do with it.

 

They can't keep it a secret forever and even though our engagement got cancelled they still can't be together.

 

What a complicated situation they have.

 

Anyway, we just waited here....

 

Few minutes had passed but there's still no sign of Eunjung and her friends.

 

And I heard that Yuri's gonna be here too.

 

But I don't see her anywhere....

 

"They're not coming anymore." Areum said.

 

I can't see Jiyeon's face right now because of the mask but I'm sure that she's frowning at Areum right now.

 

**sigh**

 

It's not really easy to babysit grownups who acts like a kid.

 

"Lee Areum I-"

 

"Don't get me wrong. Yuri must be here in this place too right now but it's strange that they're not yet here and you also said that Eunjung had a very important thing to do in here." Areum said.

 

"A huge possibility that both of them were in the same place right now." I said.

 

"Then, what are we waiting for?! Let's go find them!" Jiyeon said and look towards the exit.

 

"She's already agitating" Areum said and we followed Jiyeon outside.

 

She's obviously agitating. It's dark outside and she's scared of the dark yet there she is now bravely walking out there.

 

Her dino mode is slowly burying the childish Jiyeon.

 

Heol.

 

"Something's going on the other side of this dark alley" Jiyeon said.

 

"Obviously, I can hear gunshots" I said but it immediately stops.

 

"It's over. Let's go back inside" Areum said but Jiyeon suddenly run on the dark alley.

 

"Jiyeon wait!" Areum called and run to chase her.

 

"Tsk" I just run to chase Jiyeon too.

 

Now where is that kid?

 

Why this alley too long and too dark?

 

I can't see Jiyeon anywhere?

 

"Areum-ah hurry up!" I said to Areum.

 

I could sense her running behind me.

 

Maybe it was because of her back.

 

I hope Jiyeon won't expose herself because of too much aggressiveness.

 

SOYEON'S POV

I don't know what exactly the reason why Hyomin wants me to stay in Mrs. Han's house but I'm sure she's up to something dangerous.

 

I had to come back here in our house and search in my parent's things.

 

I'm kinda hoping that they do left something that could lead us to the heiress of the Eagle Mafia.

 

I could see that Hyomin securely locked the house.

 

She even put additional locks on the gate.

 

**sigh**

 

Seems like I need to do some climbing.

 

I look around and luckily it was night time already.

 

Everybody stays inside their houses.

 

I climb up the gate but to my dismay my sister also put additional locks on the door.

 

How am I supposed to get inside when I don't have the keys?

 

I can't get in through the windows and the back door was also super secured with locks.

 

 

I'm kinda curious if my sister is running away from a thief.

 

Hmm.

 

I look around me to find something sharp to pick the lock.

 

I saw a stick and tried using it but it only got broke.

 

Park Soyeon think of something else to do...you're better than this.

 

"Well, I can't open this the right way.... I'll do it the other way around." I said to myself.

 

I had been conserving my strength for a very long time but it still might work.

 

This door just need few kicks.

 

I said and kick the door till it got destroyed.

 

"Oh...I guess now we need a new door." I said to myself again.

 

Why do I keep talking to myself out loud?

 

Anyway I headed to our parents room which I never visited since I came back in here.

 

My parent’s room were still full of their stuffs and I kinda miss them.

 

Hmm.

 

My parents usually keep important....very important stuffs on their closet so I open the closet and try to find it in there.

 

As expected there are documents related to the Eagle Mafia and loaded guns too.

 

But I'm not looking for weapons.

 

I'm looking for something that could lead me to the heiress of the Eagle Mafia.

 

I check on some documents and found a sealed envelope when an eagle seal on it.

 

This must be the one I'm looking for.

 

I was about to open it when I heard some strange noise outside.

 

And then later I heard footsteps.

 

"Park Soyeon. We know you're in there. Come out now" I heard a woman's voice.

 

I fold the envelope and keep it on my pocket.

 

I look to my parents' closet again.

 

The gun could be really harmful and I had no plan to kill them.

 

I'm sure they are assassins but I don't know why they're here.

 

Tsk.

 

Is this the reason why Hyomin wants me to stay at Mrs. Han's house tonight?

 

Now I'm worried about the kind of trouble she puts herself into.

 

Well, I can't hide in here forever so I decided to go out while playing with the knife on my hand.

 

"Why are here in my house? This is trespassing. I could send you to jail" I said them.

 

There's just three of them.

 

One girl and two guys.

 

They were all wearing a half-mask.

 

The mask of the Wild Beast Mafia.

 

Heol.

 

How come my sister get in trouble with this mafia?

 

"Wow. I'm impressed. You look braver than what we're told" She said and smirked.

 

"I am not entertaining visitors tonight so you guys better leave" I said and they laugh.

 

Omg!! They're crazy.

 

"Don't worry. We don't plan to stay longer but....we have to kill you first" She said and they started attacking me.

 

Ok...

 

I'm not ready for this so I will just find a way to escape.

 

I throw the knife towards the other guy while I'm trying to dodge the kicks and punches from the other two.

 

If they want me to die fast why not use guns?

 

They're pabo.

 

When I had the chance I immediately grab the arm of the other guy and twist it.

 

I spin him and throw toward the girl.

 

The girl hit the shelves and a falls on her head causing her to lose consciousness.

 

And that's the time that I took the chance to escape.

 

The house was a disaster right but that could still be fixed.

 

I immediate run to Mrs. Han's house but when I'm almost there......

 

I saw someone taking her and her family inside a black car.

 

Where the hell are they taking them??!!

 

Mrs. Han saw me and signal me to run away.

 

WHAT THE HECK?!

 

Instead of leaving I just hide on the corner and try to get the plate number of the car but instead of a plate number I only got the logo.

 

WILD BEAST MAFIA!

JIYEON'S POV

I don't know why did I just run through this dark alley even though I'm scared of the dark.

 

And I already told you before why....but I'm gonna say it once again.

 

It's scary when you can't see anything.

 

But I feel that Eunjung is out there and I'm worried and scared for her.

 

I run faster till I'm almost there at the end of the alley....

 

I stopped....

 

 

 

I stop when I saw Suzy was about to smash her with the sword from behind.

 

I feel like my heart skips a beat.

 

My feet won't move anymore even though I wanted to run towards Eunjung and save her.

 

"NO!!!!" I did manage to scream from where I stand.

 

Suzy stops and turn to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter